• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

amtIHfY.gif

I'm just waiting

Sorian

Banned
I'm allowing him the chance to answer my last question before I vote for him but the way I see it is that I'm the neutral that benefits more by aligning with town and he is the neutral that benefits more aligning with scum. This isn't the first time he's asked me to lick him either, I'm worried that there's more to it than "haha, Sorian licked me!" but I'm not sure if that can be because my flavor says nothing about unintended consequences or anything of the like where it could be detrimental if I lick the wrong person.

Sorian

Banned
I kind of believe Blarg is town, but if he's going to keep acting like this then we really don't want to keep him around.

After this last exchange, I'm fairly certain that Blarg is a neutral. I would just leave this be if that was the end of it because voting out neutrals isn't going to end this any faster but I'm not getting the vibe of a harmless neutral here and past that, we've went from lightning rod assigner to ordinary kid to soft claims of a neutral just like me. Something is up here and I'm not seeing a clear cut decision like we had on day 2 so I'd rather just go with what I think is the weirdest situation that is most likely to hurt town and that is Blarg because with all these changes, I may be thinking neutral but scum isn't going to surprise me if that's the way he flips. I'll be assigning my vote now because I'll be heading to sleep soon and we are short on hours so I'd like my vote on what I believe on the off chance something gets turbo'd while I'm gone.

VOTE: Blargonaut

squidyj

After this last exchange, I'm fairly certain that Blarg is a neutral. I would just leave this be if that was the end of it because voting out neutrals isn't going to end this any faster but I'm not getting the vibe of a harmless neutral here and past that, we've went from lightning rod assigner to ordinary kid to soft claims of a neutral just like me. Something is up here and I'm not seeing a clear cut decision like we had on day 2 so I'd rather just go with what I think is the weirdest situation that is most likely to hurt town and that is Blarg because with all these changes, I may be thinking neutral but scum isn't going to surprise me if that's the way he flips. I'll be assigning my vote now because I'll be heading to sleep soon and we are short on hours so I'd like my vote on what I believe on the off chance something gets turbo'd while I'm gone.

VOTE: Blargonaut

My suspicion is that this will prove to be a mistake and in the next day phase we will come to wish we had lynched launchpadmcflake. He's blown any and all credibility he's had in this game and after the shit he pulled today I don't think we can just let him go. When I posted what you quoted before, he responded like I was singling him out for being a jerk when all I was really trying to say was that he's been horribly inconsistent.

The oth

Sorian

Banned
My suspicion is that this will prove to be a mistake and in the next day phase we will come to wish we had lynched launchpadmcflake. He's blown any and all credibility he's had in this game and after the shit he pulled today I don't think we can just let him go. When I posted what you quoted before, he responded like I was singling him out for being a jerk when all I was really trying to say was that he's been horribly inconsistent.

The oth

Gonna finish this post? In terms of the first paragraph, it's certainly possible but I think Blarg is more likely to be trouble than Launch is.

Nope

JRZd4i1.gif

MAKE ME

I don't think I want to make you. If you haven't used your power yet, I imagine it's limited and it's more likely that a limited use power is dangerous than helpful especially in this situation. I see a town Blarg derailing conversation once for a gambit but this is twice now after going through a few role claims, this isn't the play of a town-aligned Blarg.

cabot

I said later, as when I get to a computer. I'm on my phone right now. You don't have to be asses about it. The ideal situation here is that I don't get lynched and we get scum today, somehow. I'm trying to work towards that and all I'm getting is some "you are already dead" shit like you've already decided.

Well you said you'd give something then you just changed the subject and dwelled away from it. That was my point.

Also rich saying we don't have to be asses considering some of the stuff you've said through this game.

squidyj

I probably won't be back before the end of the day so I want to pose a question.

When launchpad acts upset about people being jerks and asses, do you feel that he is being genuine?

When he collapsed earlier in the day phase and voted himself and said he wanted out. do you feel he was sincere?

if you answer "no", or "I don't know" to either of those questions you need to lynch launchpad. Examine his posts, examine the mood fluctuations and the tonal inconsistencies and ask yourself if you feel like he's really giving up or just playing dead, ask yourself if he's really such a sensitive soul that he's legitimately upset about people being a little bit dickish (or imagined dickish).

Forget the roleclaim, forget the votes, forget everything else but the question of whether or not his emotional output is genuine in this thread.

Good night, and good luck.

roytheone

So now Blarg sort of, kinda, claims to be a neutral player that has a win condition that sort of, kinda, is like the one from Sorian and he sort of, kinda, claims to have a Night power that he hasn't used yet so it is probably one shot or has some insane risk attached to it.

That's the most vague ass role claim I have ever seen, it really does not clear up anything for us,which is especially fun so close to the end of the day. I was leaning towards a no lynch today (the Blarg vote was more to poke him to talk), but now that Blarg is again being disruptive and vague as fuck I think I will just leave it on. I fear that if Blarg still lives tomorrow (and I seriously doubt he will be targeted for a NK by the mafia, even if he is town), he will just pull the same role claim shenanigans AGAIN and I think that would be bad for town.

cabot

I'm caught between a rock (Launch) and a Blarg place.

I do think squidy has a point about Launch's inconsistent emotional responses. It's why I'm hesitating to throw the might on Blarg.

Blarg is being completely useless right now though, so I mean fuck.

cabot

I would also like to mention that I have been very confused of PM-gate as well from Launch, could be a bad read but I just didn't expect that kind of fuck up from him.

I think before all of you start focusing on my emotional responses, you should look at the way you approached me yesterday. It is accurate to say that I felt threatened and helpless. How is that an inconsistent emotional response?

The oth

Please, explicitly list your concerns and I'll answer them in order. I don't want there to be any miscommunication in what I'm saying and I don't want to misunderstand what your intent was.

I'm just waiting...

Well you said you'd give something then you just changed the subject and dwelled away from it. That was my point.

Also rich saying we don't have to be asses considering some of the stuff you've said through this game.

Ok I've got a few minutes. My final words will be coming later.

I repeated myself.

Like I told squidy, you guys have been acting as aggressive and disrespectful.

I would also like to mention that I have been very confused of PM-gate as well from Launch, could be a bad read but I just didn't expect that kind of fuck up from him.

It wasn't all me. Some of it was Tim too. Mistakes happen. Tim likes to joke around and it felt like a joke to me.

cabot

I think before all of you start focusing on my emotional responses, you should look at the way you approached me yesterday. It is accurate to say that I felt threatened and helpless. How is that an inconsistent emotional response?

It wasn't all me. Some of it was Tim too. Mistakes happen. Tim likes to joke around and it felt like a joke to me.

I wasn't convinced to your response on your attitude after my claim, it was just too aggressive, even if you didn't know what a miller was. I didn't know what it was either, I just googled and thought about how to play it. I also believe I've not shown you the same amount of anger in this game so far.

With regards to your point about posting in time, I did notice that sentence upon re-reading, I guess again if it were me saying it I would have remained quiet until I deliver the reads, Not much to say here apart from we would've handled it differently.

I don't really know what to say to your second point. Okay, I guess?

Put yourself in my shoes yesterday before you keep telling me I was acting irrationally or erratically. all the evidence you have boils down to a role mix-up, which is partly my fault but I obviously feel like this wasn't something I could control, and the supposed poor timing of the reveal from which mafia have gained a whole lot yet I have gained nothing. Meanwhile, Sorian is saying things like "if I vote for you it's because you're the scummiest", Darryl is saying "I don't care what you say", and squidy is saying "it's all an act".

How exactly would you like me to respond in, keeping in mind I made a lot of posts "in the moment"?

cabot

I'm not going to dictate how you react to things. The inconsistency is there.

You specifically said you'll take responsibility for pushing kark and he flipped town, from then on you've danced around the point of 'lynch me, don't lynch me' for various different reasons.

This isn't a wild hunt, there is inconsistency there. I'm just deciding whether I should apply my vote to you to find out what you flip once and for all, or to Blarg who has been worthless this entire day.

I'm not going to dictate how you react to things. The inconsistency is there.

You specifically said you'll take responsibility for pushing kark and he flipped town, from then on you've danced around the point of 'lynch me, don't lynch me' for various different reasons.

This isn't a wild hunt, there is inconsistency there. I'm just deciding whether I should apply my vote to you to find out what you flip once and for all, or to Blarg who has been worthless this entire day.

Ok, I don't know what you want me to say, but I'm sorry for acting rashly.

I haven't forgotten about Kark. In a true melodramatic fashion, his death weighs heavy on my heart. I have learned from that and I'm trying to do better.

You say there are inconsistencies, but they're not in my story, they're in my behavior. Even though it was erratic, it was how I was feeling at the time. Just know that. I'm not sure what else I can say.

I'm not convinced Blarg is scum, but he is acting like he's against the town for some reason or another. That's where I'm standing on that.

I see Lightning McQueen and the rest of the racers coming, so I'll spill it; I was planning on claiming to be Burb's Older Sibling today. I had a whole role claim coming up that I intended to use to tempt NoFun into attacking me or Sorian tonight.

I spilled the beans, k

Now pls, don't do this

I see Lightning McQueen and the rest of the racers coming, so I'll spill it; I was planning on claiming to be Burb's Older Sibling today. I had a whole role claim coming up that I intended to use to tempt NoFun into attacking me or Sorian tonight.

I spilled the beans, k

Now pls, don't do this

UNVOTE

Spill what beans? That you were going to cook up another fake role claim? How is that pro town?

This was my first Notepad WIP:

"I'm Burb's Older Sibling. I'm a FunTown 1-shot Bulletproof who's supposed to take a sucker punch for his kid bro Burbeting, hence that Day 2 Lightning Rod claim.

However, I hate Burb's guts so much and I've tried so hard to purposefully forget his annoying little presence that I actually caused temporary amnesia to myself, and it was only revealed to me (WIP). Hence, (WIP)"

I sincerely wanted to save Burb from certain death by bending the bullet to me last Night with my "scum" claim :'( But I built it all wrong, mea culpa. None of you scrubs were willing to attempt to publicly rectify the 3-bean role claim disaster yesterday, so I stepped up and tried, ok?

I will admit that I've been lurking on purpose this entire Day, besides popping out for the roulette

I wanted to let the grown-ups talk

Sorian

Banned
I probably won't be back before the end of the day so I want to pose a question.

When launchpad acts upset about people being jerks and asses, do you feel that he is being genuine?

When he collapsed earlier in the day phase and voted himself and said he wanted out. do you feel he was sincere?

if you answer "no", or "I don't know" to either of those questions you need to lynch launchpad. Examine his posts, examine the mood fluctuations and the tonal inconsistencies and ask yourself if you feel like he's really giving up or just playing dead, ask yourself if he's really such a sensitive soul that he's legitimately upset about people being a little bit dickish (or imagined dickish).

Forget the roleclaim, forget the votes, forget everything else but the question of whether or not his emotional output is genuine in this thread.

Good night, and good luck.

I believe that he was being sincere about acting upset and angry whenever we came at him. I feel like his laying down and dying spiel was bullshit. That said though, and there's more of it in these last few posts above me, I have to choose what I think is scummier, Blarg or Launch. I think it is Blarg, there is no way we can't re-visit Launch when we get to day 4 but I legitimately believe that Blarg is the more dangerous player to leave around, this ordinary kid claim reeks of bullshit to me now.

Unknown
Timeaisis [m] - ????
roytheone [m] - ????
Darryl [-] - ????

Special Roles
cabbeh [m] - Miller
batsnacks [m] - Jailor
Karkador [m] - Investigator
Burbeting [m] - Watcher
LaunchpadMcQ [m] - Urinary Tract Infection Guy
Incontinence Guy
Lone_Prodigy [m] - hey Becky, you so fine

Ordinary
SalvaPot [m] - Ordinary Kid
Ourobolus [m] - Ordinary Kid
Blargonaut [m] - Ordinary Kid
squidyj [m] - Ordinary Kid

Neutral
Sorian [m] - Rich Kid with eccentric “tastes”

Mafia
Fireblend [m] - Recently Divorced Dad

Here's a list of some stuff. Now, ordinarily in game design, we recommend that mods put more Ordinaries than PRs or equal amounts. You'll notice, that probably isn't going to line up. Instinctually, you'll doubt my role first, but hear me out. As my role is anti-town as hell, I think Tim kind of wrote this off as a non-PR, so we're looking at maybe equal or one less ordinary kid. I don't think there are any PRs left if this is the case.

Meaning, I think it will be worth scrutinizing the remaining players with no claims and the two alive Ordinaries. I'm pretty sure I'll survive the night; my grave is half-dug already, but in case I don't, you guys should seriously consider squidy. He's really standing out to me when I line up the roles like this; that coupled with him phoning in this game, which is very uncharacteristic of him, is giving me pause.

Top Bottom