• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
What message would you receive, then?

Nothing, I don't receive any type of message to denote success, but apparently I am told when the action fails. Licking someone who was removed from the list is not a failed action. So please Launch, tell me what happened night 1 since you seemed quick to dismiss what I brought up :)

Are you suggesting that the mafia decided to use Fireblend's switch and use a kill at the same time to wreak havoc with any potential doc/watchers out there? But how does that explain Burb not being switched?

This seems awfully confusing and not terribly useful: I doubt we can use information from that night to implicate anyone. At this point the cards are all on the table and we just have to vote for somebody.

Nothing, I don't receive any type of message to denote success, but apparently I am told when the action fails. Licking someone who was removed from the list is not a failed action. So please Launch, tell me what happened night 1 since you seemed quick to dismiss what I brought up :)

lol I knew you were going to turn this on me. I didn't read your previous long post, as I'm in lab sneaking in posts. I'll think about it.

This doesn't make sense...

Sorian

Banned
Are you suggesting that the mafia decided to use Fireblend's switch and use a kill at the same time to wreak havoc with any potential doc/watchers out there? But how does that explain Burb not being switched?

This seems awfully confusing and not terribly useful: I doubt we can use information from that night to implicate anyone. At this point the cards are all on the table and we just have to vote for somebody.

The switch is the most obvious but you're right, it doesn't add up completely with Burb's claim. Scum know what happened that night though. I've been re-reading day 2 and roy bussed Fire almost immediately. I'm inclined to believe that the other scum would have not been a part of the bus (the early bussing was made up of me and most of the dead now). The scum team have a better idea of exactly what happened night 1, someone might not have been trying to actively protect Fireblend but they might have been trying to shed light on the actual events of that night hoping that would take heat off of Fire. Hell, roy even had his vote on Fireblend early but he was the first one to mention a possible ninja killer, was he hinting at the truth to save Fire?

It's possible that Burb didn't know his target was switched and he just receives the results: "Fireblend and Sorian visited your target."

Sorian targets Ouro, action gets switched, and fails because he targeted himself?

Sorian

Banned
It's possible that Burb didn't know his target was switched and he just receives the results: "Fireblend and Sorian visited your target."

Sorian targets Ouro, action gets switched, and fails because he targeted himself?

I mean, it's possible, this is where my inexperience comes up and why I was asking for help. What's the kosher way to do this? Burb was switched and was now watching me, he saw me visit me? Is that a viable result for a watcher to receive?

Sorian

Banned
Ok nvm got my answer, a watcher could have seen me visit myself.

-Burb watches Ouro
-Fire shows up with his mistaken identity power and switches Ouro and I
-Burb is now watching me
-Regardless of how the switch is registered, Burb would see Fire because he visited both the original target (Ouro) and the new target (Me)
-I submit a lick for Ouro
-I instead try to lick myself because I am retarded and apparently had to ask the recently divorced dad who Ouro was and he told me that I was actually Ouro or something
-Burb sees me try to lick myself
-I fail at licking myself because per the rules, I can't be forced to lick myself, it has to happen by my own volition.
-Ouro is removed from the list.

The above is ONE possibility that could have happened that night. Is there ANY other possibility that could have happened that makes sense with what we know?

If the above is true then the killer submitted a remove command for me and ended up removing ouro instead. They would not have been seen by Burb because he was now watching me instead of watching Ouro which makes a lot of sense now that I'm typing it out. Everyone had clear town vibes from Ouro, that's why I tried to lick him and that's why Burb chose to watch him and that's why scum wanted to kill him. He was the perfect target for everything on night one. We now know that scum had a tracker, it's not a leap in logic to assume that they would have been scared that we had a watcher. They had Fire run interference with his switch because they figured that it wouldn't get much use anyway unless there was an SK or something. Roy was free to track someone that night and he probably did track Blarg as he said and their final member, who I'm now thinking is just vanilla scum with their only power being the kill, used the kill action.

So, again, if that's what happened then I think our last guy is whoever was trying to prove that Fire really could have been a switcher during day 2, because he was a switcher and that's really all he did on night 1. My issue is I'm still looking through the mess that was day 2.

Considering the nature of the game, having a heavy focus on information gathering, is it possible the information on Ouro was placed there by another role? Why else would Burb see something that shouldn't have been there, assuming Ouro was indeed switched?

Ok nvm got my answer, a watcher could have seen me visit myself.

-Burb watches Ouro
-Burb is now watching me
-Regardless of how the switch is registered, Burb would see Fire because he visited both the original target (Ouro) and the new target (Me)
-I instead try to lick myself because I am retarded and apparently had to ask the recently divorced dad who Ouro was and he told me that I was actually Ouro or something
-I fail at licking myself because per the rules, I can't be forced to lick myself, it has to happen by my own volition.

The above is ONE possibility that could have happened that night. Is there ANY other possibility that could have happened that makes sense with what we know?

If the above is true then the killer submitted a remove command for me and ended up removing ouro instead. They would not have been seen by Burb because he was now watching me instead of watching Ouro which makes a lot of sense now that I'm typing it out. Everyone had clear town vibes from Ouro, that's why I tried to lick him and that's why Burb chose to watch him and that's why scum wanted to kill him. He was the perfect target for everything on night one. We now know that scum had a tracker, it's not a leap in logic to assume that they would have been scared that we had a watcher. They had Fire run interference with his switch because they figured that it wouldn't get much use anyway unless there was an SK or something. Roy was free to track someone that night and he probably did track Blarg as he said and their final member, who I'm now thinking is just vanilla scum with their only power being the kill, used the kill action.

So, again, if that's what happened then I think our last guy is whoever was trying to prove that Fire really could have been a switcher during day 2, because he was a switcher and that's really all he did on night 1. My issue is I'm still looking through the mess that was day 2.

The problem is with the bolded - the switching defeats the purpose if Burb is switched too. It makes no sense.

image.php

Sorian

Banned
The problem is with the bolded - the switching defeats the purpose if Burb is switched too. It makes no sense.

I don't think it makes any less sense in all honesty, the watcher can resolve first but then still lose their original target to the switch. But:

Put it beforehand then:

-Burb watches me, who he thinks is Ouro
-He still sees Fire because the actions resolve at the same time, basically and the deal is that Burb receives a list of ALL players that visited who he ends up watching.

Also, side note, I went back to read Burb's PM to check on something and you all suck at scum hunting (I do too but I wasn't really trying as hard as you guys should have been yesterday)

Being a younger sibling has trained you in the art of watching others without notice.

This is placed after his action in the PM which means this is also hinting at an ability as well. Sounds like a tracker role would not have seen Burb doing anything, hmm, why include that if the tracker was also Fun-aligned? But oh well, not important now.

Ok, I don't know if Tim used it differently for sure, but bending rules like this would be dumb and just causes obfuscation where there is already plenty.

Like I said, feel free to come up with another conclusion, if this isn't what happened then I am looking for the wrong motive when I dig around in these posts.

Look for it. Actually, I recall offering up this explanation or at least reasoning it out; my main issue was that I couldn't see past Burb's role not working like that. Still, you receiving that message makes me think that assumption is incorrect.

Sorian

Banned
Digging around back here btw, I actually brought up the idea of a stealth killer first so there goes that chunk of logic, though Fire and roy clung onto the idea pretty quick.

Sorian

Banned
I propose this:

Lynch Fireblend.

Let Sorian do his cowlick - and so help me god, if the next cowlicked person dies, I will turbo you. You can't target Burb, either.

We'll from there.

The bolded stuck out to me the first time you said it but I let it go because I didn't want to draw more flak on myself but re-reading and it bothered me again. Why did you say this Launch?

Sorian

Banned
? Wtf

It was because I thought Burb and you were both lying

Hmm, fair enough, and that is consistent with what I've been reading. Just curious is all. The only 3 people who had a real interest in giving me stipulations on who I should lick night 2 were you, roy, and Darryl. Specifically, roy wanted the group to choose my target but when I shut that idea down quick his next stipulation that I was just sure to lick someone who everyone thought was town which was the exact opposite advice that Darryl gave but then you were in there with a very specific, don't hit this person. Just wanted to see the reasoning you gave. I guess Blarg too but he just kept telling me to lick him so I'm disregarding his posts.

Hmm, fair enough, and that is consistent with what I've been reading. Just curious is all. The only 3 people who had a real interest in giving me stipulations on who I should lick night 2 were you, roy, and Darryl. Specifically, roy wanted the group to choose my target but when I shut that idea down quick his next stipulation that I was just sure to lick someone who everyone thought was town which was the exact opposite advice that Darryl gave but then you were in there with a very specific, don't hit this person. Just wanted to see the reasoning you gave. I guess Blarg too but he just kept telling me to lick him so I'm disregarding his posts.

Hmmmmm

Sorian

Banned
Alright, I'm going to pre-face this with I think our biggest clues can be found somewhere in day 2. I do honestly believe that. There could be clues elsewhere but I think, in retrospect, day 2 was where scum had to scramble the most. I think they concocted a pretty good plan for a watcher that they weren't even sure existed but they didn't anticipate really getting caught, and if they did, they probably thought it would be easier to implicate the other player and out their PR instead of getting me, a worthless neutral licker. *slurp* *slurp*

So, I took day 2 and I boiled it down to only posts from the living and the dead scum. I then also removed everything that pertained to Blarg's fake role claim except for what I found to be interesting or important. As I note when it gets around time for Blarg's role claim, the scum team should have been 100% sure that Blarg was lying, with what we know now, I have no reason to believe that roy was not tracking that night and I have no reason to believe that he lied about following Blarg. Without further ado, here is the mess that is day 2 with my commentary added in. Feel free to ignore or read at your pleasure and yes, it'll be 3 posts and feel a tad spammy, I don't care, I read all this shit so that gives me the right to post thoughts:

Well if you got redirected back at yourself than your action probably did fail. Can you target yourself?

It says Sorian can't lick himself.

If Fire switched him and Ouro then it would've failed.

Both Darryl and L_P point out that a Fire switch was 100% possible.

If you're wrong, yet another PR townie is lost and then you're most likely down 2 other players against whatever amount of mafia players there are on day 3, one of them a stealth killer.

Yeah, I am in favor of Lynching fire, testing sorian his claim, then if both of them turn town, we know there is a stealth killer (or you are lying, but I kind of doubt that right now).

Both of our confirmed scum jumped on board to my idea that there could have been a ninja killer, some secret third player that came to Ouro in his sleep that night and did the deed, small seeds of doubt to save Fire.

A stealth killer? Considering the number of interesting roles in this game, I wouldn't put it past Tim, but stealth just makes NFA way too strong. The fact that 3(?) of them can continue to night-kill until they're all gone (and can likely pass off the kill to one of them, making it hard to roleblock/watch) is already an advantage.

VOTE: Fireblend

But then L_P came in and shut that shit down quick.

He could have licked someone who was scum. In fact, going by his role he should have. They would simultaneously have to admit it, and they'd probably last longer. Add this in to Sorian waiting for Burb to speak up. All so fishy.

Sorian prewrote out a post first thing, yet he is now trying to use handwriting of posts as some kinda cred that clears him and outs another? If he was coming fully clean like we believe why would he not also have his role reveal ready?

Throwing suspicion on me. I was the crowd favorite aside from Fire so anything towards me could be possible scum.

If we turbo Fire, we should also decide who we want Sorian to lick (eeeeewh, I can't believe I just typed that). I don't want to let make Sorian that decision himself for the chance he is actually the scum here.

roy wants to see if we can get town to decide my lick target. I shoot this plan down but it’s a set up to try and frame me easier. I’ll also note that roy has already thrown his vote on Fireblend AND IT WILL SIT THERE FOR ALL OF DAY 2. Because of this, I believe that the other scum player did not bus Fire until closer to the end of the day.

It doesn't explain your need to go for the towniest of towns to test your claim (if you are indeed acting pro-town as a self claimed neutral) when if instead you could have went for the scummiest and had they lied (which they'd have no reason to anyways as it is incriminating), you would have outed scum.

Fair enough, as long as you target someone that is pretty trusted by everyone I guess I can be OK with that. And if the person that confirmed you ever flips scum for some reason, we will know where to look next.

DYING GOES AGAINST YOUR SUPPOSED WIN CONDITION, NO? WHY NOT TRY TO NOT OPEN THE DAY SAYING YOU'RE A PR?

You aren't even a fucking useful one. You claimed USELESS. You claimed that you are fucking USELESS to us. Motivation contradictions all over the place. Did you wanna stir up shit and be today's super hero PR reveal? Is that why I should believe your intentions are pure?

Darryl throwing more shit at me but the real point here is that roy and Darryl were giving me the exact opposite advice. I would think that scum would want me to lick a very pro town player in hopes that they could kill the person too and frame me but this is all a moot point, scum has to kill Burb this night, they really had no other choice.

I'll still contend that the best way to handle this is lynch Fireblend and go from there.

Mafia don't benefit from keeping Sorian around if he's neutral, either; he could be on the table for tonight.

Launch pushes for Fire when he really doesn’t need to. He doesn’t vote for him so it’s unlikely that this offhand comment will be important later

Actually, you are right about this. That also means that Burb will only have to pick between people you are maybe going to lick (and thus the mafia maybe are going to target) and gives him a higher chance to catch another mafia member in the act.
roy trying to confuse things a bit. The moral of what roy is pushing though is that if we can line it up so that me, Burb, and the NFA killer target the same thing then it’s a town win. Never going to happen of course because they are just going to kill Burb but again, this is the opposite narrative of what Darryl was pushing on me all day.

Here's what I don't buy about your roleclaim, either.

I'm going to cross that metagame line for a second. I would like to say I know Tim. The flavor text sounds 100% like his kind of humor, so I don't doubt that's true. But, the ability doesn't add up. You're basically up shit's creek without a paddle, if all you can do is lick people. What's more, it's impossible for you to win unless you survive until a certain point anyway; even then, I would say the win conditions are not very realistic.

So, what I'm ultimately saying is, I think there's something about your role you're not telling us.

So, then, why do you exist? If there's no motivation to kill you now, you'll just survive until the end and win anyway.

This is an interesting point. Even if someone confirms he got licked by sorian, we still don't know what it actually does to that person, it could have more effects than sorian tells us. Funny enough, it was sorian himself that proposed something similar when we were discussing testing bats his claim, that someone confirming he got a cigarette doesn't mean everything bats said was true. Here we can apply the same thing.

The feeling I currently have is that sorian is keeping something from us, but I don't know why and what that is. I don't think he is NFA, he is third party, but I do think he is hiding something about his role.

I am still keeping my fireblend vote because his bungled role claim is waaaaaay to weird to ignore, but I will keep a close eye on sorian.

Real talk, I don't think it would be a bad idea to vote him out next phase, even if his licking checks out.

Launch pushes hard for me here, again the Blarg non-sense hasn’t started yet so I am the only real lynch target vs. Fireblend. roy pipes in to agree but remains on Fireblend

Well, after digesting that giant Blarg post, I feel Sorian is our best option for tonight. Either someone's lying and Sorian is probably guilty or their all lying and Burb and Sorian are I'm on it together.

Vote: Sorian

As for Blarg...I believe his roleclaim. Why are you so intent on killing LMQ, though? Just because he went hard I batsnacks abd Kark?

Blarg now plays the lightning rod gambit, Time goes for it immediately and uses it as an excuse to say I was the killer. SOMETHING TO NOTE IN ALL OF THESE POSTS, WE NOW KNOW THAT SCUM ALWAYS 100% KNEW THAT BLARG’S CLAIM WAS BULLSHIT. They did not believe it AT ALL because I see no world where their tracker wasn’t in play night 1.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, this is actually a huge hole in here. I can believe that my action wasn't lightning-rodded or swapped, but a watcher role is not typically swapped. It wouldn't make sense, as swapping exists to counter such a role. I believe that he would see you on the report, though.

I had been toying with the idea of telling the truth about my lick rules and tried to say that maybe Fire really did swap, Launch shut it down for the same reasons he has today. Nothing to see here except for consistency in his lie or beliefs.

We're making a decision based on four people that are all potentially lying. We need to go with the smartest, least risky maneuver that gives us the most information and doesn't needlessly put town at risk.

I think that decision is going after Fire or Sorian.

Brings it back to Fire or myself. Again, keep in mind that scum knows that Blarg is full of shit. This is either honest deduction or an attempt to look good later when Blarg will have to reveal that he was full of shit.

Conversely, and I know we've been putting a lot of stock into the probability that Fireblend is lying, but if he's not, we've lost a pseudo-protection role. We're already down one.

What's bugging me here is that, typically, the kill is the absolute last action to take place. So, I'm not sure why you're lick failed, unless Tim has failed us.

A post pointing out that Fire MUST have done a switch, this is correct and if this logic had convinced more people than town would have lost little ole me instead of the guy who slept with an applebee’s waitress.

Except the method I propose gives us another NFA name or forces them not to kill tonight. Your method is cowering in the corner and just killing scary Blarg without using him and then we know he lied or told the truth but, by themselves, those pieces of information don't mean much. I mean, by all means, go for it, if you kill him and he was telling the truth then that proves I'm not scum. I'll keep voting for Fire though.

I asked Tim a question about order of actions when it comes to my lick and I didn't like the answer, I'll leave it at that.

Give me the answer.

Actually I guess its not really against the rules to reveal what he said, maybe it'll help you guys see things from my angle. My action only succeeds if the target WAKES UP with the cowlick. Ouro never woke up last night, so the action would have failed in that case.

Yes, but you also can't lick yourself - so, that would be another reason why it could have failed.

I'm aware, I just didn't like the answer because it 100% verified that either scenario could have happened. I can't tell you EXACTLY when my lick happens in the night but I can say that it would have failed if it had just applied to Ouro in a regular scenario without lightning rods or switchers. Then it's just a matter of who you believe or who you think provides the most info on death.

Again, the problem is, when you consider how helpful a switcher can be, this would be a bigger gamble than lynching Blarg then eventually lynching Fireblend contingent on Blarg's flip.

Then if you admit there's a chance he could be the switcher, why the hell are we doing this? This plan is even more likely to fuck up than lynching Blargonaut.

A conversation between Launch and I trying to make me scared of pushing this logic that we might be lynching out switcher. Of course, all of these could just be honest complaints, we’d already lost one pseudo-doctor role, it’s likely a switcher was (and it was) our last town-aligned protector type role.

Blargs shit is obviously a gambit

Sorian stop piggybacking off Burb

Darryl is catching up on the thread after a long absence. This conveniently comes about 3-5 minutes after Blarg admits to lying. This could read as Darryl getting fed up with reading an earlier part of the thread and he just hit the submit reply button to call bullshit or an act that is poorly timed.
what if burb is the killer who gets watch reads on people they've killed and sorian and fireblend are being played like a fiddle

a kill comes in last in order of precedence, no? sorian should have cowlicked ouro and it should have not failed. he would have woken up dead. the fact that his ability failed validates the existence of a switch

i just caught up to this part of the discussion. that's incredibly convenient for sorian (far less believable than batsnacks's lie about someone getting a message about receiving a cig). can't see why this would even be a mechanic.lol

sorian tries to attach himself to everything. my fall-out from the blarg gambit is sorian constantly posturing himself to be on the winning end of it. leaning more towards traitor than anything.

ideally we could axe both of these players off. i wish L_P still had his role.

Vote: Fireblend

-i think fireblend is our best bet because it appears he has given up. although if he was scum he had a good opportunity during blarg's alleged fake claim.
-i think blarg was lying as a tactic to get an eviction he wanted. i think his shuffle was pretty useful tbh, although i can't say there's a lot to directly comment on
-i don't believe sorian is being honest with us
-the fact that we have a claimed miller, switcher, and a sleepwalker is pretty scary. so much disinformation going on in this game.

More information on why we should fear lynching our possible switcher especially since the things (lies) I’ve been saying our so damn convenient that they must be framing Fire as the killer. He’s right but does he KNOW he is right? He also puts down a late vote on Fire. I actually think the last teammate would have waited longer before placing this vote.

Sorian

Banned
Hey there again Squidyj! Always good to see another Archer player in here!

Top town:

-Burbeting: I just love the way he posts. He doesn't post incredibly often, but when he does it are always big ass posts with a lot of handy insights. He is very good at taking a step back and get an systematic overview of all that has happened in the thread. I think these kind of overviews are profoundly in favor of town. His watcher claim also makes the most sense out of all the claims today. If we lynch fire and he flips town, that would make me suspicious of Burb, but I doubt that is going to happen.

- Launchpad: He keeps taking the lead in trying to lynch somebody, I don't think a mafia member would put himself in the spotlight like that. Sure, Kark turned out to be town and the cop, but I put that more on Kark himself than on anybody that thought he was scum. There was good reason to think Kark was scum, and especially on day 1 it is completely understandable to go for the most scummy looking player, and that was Kark.

Top scum:

Darryl: his posting behavior is a bit weird this game. He hops in, gives some remarks, and hops out again. Sometimes he votes without giving a reason and people need to confront him before he explains himself. Together with Blarg he also was one of the few people suspecting launch, and calling him stuff like a flip flopper without a good reason.

Timeasis: Seems to fly under the radar, can't get a read on him. He occasionally posts his opinion on stuff, and what he says often makes at least some sense, but it is just to little to really form an opinion on. He also seems to want to go for Sorian today instead of Fire, even though Fire is way more suspect than Sorian.

Bonus questions:

Cabbeh being town: Cabbeh just makes a whole lot of sense almost always. I have yet to catch him on saying something that makes no sense or can be interpreted as a scum trying to make something happen. Sure, his miller claim is a good cover for scum, but he claimed very early when there wasn't that much heat on him yet. I think a Mafia member wouldn't have done that. A miller claim may protect you from a alignment cop for a while, it will also get you lynched later in the game.

Salva being scum: In the beginning he had some weird posts/assumptions about this game (game is special, so he is suddenly pro day 1 lynch! why is this game special? Game is short, so no investigation roles! Less players means bigger chance to hit mafia!) that were all baseless speculation. A lot of his posts on day 1 were fluff interactions with blarg. He was pro lynching Cabbeh instead of kark, because he sees him as a disruption for the game, even though Kark with his weird behavior was way more disruptive. I do agree with his opinions on Blarg today, Blarg makes no sense and is being anti-town even if he is actually town, but I don't know if I agree with Salva that Blarg is a better lynch than Fire.

Thank you squidy for asking the classic questions that I always forget to touch on. Take this post how you will. Any scum trying to to answer this question is going to put a partner into one of the answers. Fire was eliminated from discussion so would roy have labeled his partner as top town or top scum?

I am not a fan of the way Blarg played this, for the obvious reason that it gave me some serious heartburn. Not cool.

RE: switcher existing. If there is a switcher, they didn't switch Ouro and Sorian, because if Sorian and Burb are telling the truth, Burb would not have seen Sorian, as Sorian would have ended up on Ouro and that would mean Sorian targeted himself.

However, Sorian and Burb's claims being true are contingent on Fireblend's flip. Even though this seems like a really early and convenient mafia catch, I'm inclined to believe Fireblend is lying hard.

Still waiting for his flavor text.

VOTE: FIREBLEND

Begrudgingly votes for Fireblend as a final option to find the liar between Burb and I. This is around the time I would expect the other partner to lay down the final bus vote. After a day of trying to indirectly save Fire, after probably jumping around myself or Blarg, they finally have to concede to getting onto the bus or look bad when he flips scum.

Jesus Christ. What a damn mess.

Vote: Fireblend

Can't believe we wasted all that time on the Blarg gambit bullshit.

Same reasoning as above. Time’s is even more interesting in that his vote was actually on me, not Blarg. This post comes shortly after Blarg told us of his lie but he basically drops the case on me to bandwagon (or bus Fire)

So...to sum up this crap after the Blarg reveal.

What we know:
-Sorian visited Ouro last night. He couldn't have been lying about that, because he claimed before Burb did. The only other possibility is Burb abd Sorian are in on it together, but that would take some mad coordination seeing as Fire is in that list, too. So Sorian is either a licker or a killer.
-Fire visited Ouro. He has no reason to lie about this and came out about it after Burbs list. Either he really is a switcher or he killed Ouro.
-Burb is a watcher that watched Ouro last night UNLESS Sorian and (probably) Fire are lying, which is unlikely. The only way I can see this happening is an elaborate mafia ruse. Inv which case, they are outing all three of themselves in it.

So, as it was before this Blarg nonsense, were down to to those three. Here's our chances:

Either one of them is NF OR Fireblend is a switcher.

Bottom line, if we go for Fireblend and he flips town we learn about Sorian and Burb's alignment, effectively. Unless, like I said earlier, Burb abd Sorian are involved in some very elaborate scheme

If he flips NF, woo.

That and Fireblend hasn't had the best defense for himself as of late, anyway, and his roleclaim seemed the weakest of all three.

Gives some reasoning to address the suspicion that would, of course, be raised by his previous post.

VOTE: Fireblend

After unvoting because Fireblend was 1 away from being turbo’d, Blarg comes in and replaces the vote which puts Fire at 1 away again. Launch now throws caution to the wind and says fuck it by being the hammer. I would have done it too but it’s important to note that being the hammer on a scum will always come with looking good to town.

Sorian

Banned
So yeah, that's everything I found, condensed down as much as I could. What did I learn? Well I think I narrowed it down to two. I'm not going to say who those two are yet because I want to see other thoughts but I will say this. I did go into it thinking "man, what if it's L_P? What if this whole thing since day 1 was a way for him to sue his power to make us think he was town?" I tried and tried but I don't see that angle. So I'll state the obvious and say that my scum list is down to Launch, Darryl, or Time. From there, I'll let people comment and talk for a bit while I organize my thoughts more.

wow, when you lay it out like that, I look pretty damn suspicious. You don't have to be coy, Sorian, I know I'm on that two person list - probably even number 1. However, a lot of those quotes are taken out of context. I was in a very heightened emotional state during Day 2. I was on Blarg because he wanted to kill me. Even before he revealed his claim had been fake, I changed my tune a bit and moved over to Fireblend. I did kind of push back towards Blarg because Salva wanted to (and honestly, I still didn't want to take the risk he was telling the truth). As soon as I saw Blarg's claim was fake, I made the right call and voted Fireblend. I unvoted him near the end of the day phase because I wanted to see if anyone had anything to say, but it was obvious at that point and I felt very strongly about Fireblend, so I hammered it. I'm not sure what else to say other than you are overthinking this.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can come up with enough evidence to support my Darryl push. You've been paying attention; you've seen most of it already, anyway, and it hasn't done much to faze you. I'm racking my brain to see if somehow I can convince you, though, so I haven't give up on that.

However, I can tell you what happens if you lynch me. LP dies in the night, and it's you Darryl and Time at the end. What's going to be your call then? I don't mind dying at this point; unless I can somehow scrounge something up on Darryl, I think I've done all I can.

Sorian

Banned
wow, when you lay it out like that, I look pretty damn suspicious. You don't have to be coy, Sorian, I know I'm on that two person list - probably even number 1. However, a lot of those quotes are taken out of context. I was in a very heightened emotional state during Day 2. I was on Blarg because he wanted to kill me. Even before he revealed his claim had been fake, I changed my tune a bit and moved over to Fireblend. I did kind of push back towards Blarg because Salva wanted to (and honestly, I still didn't want to take the risk he was telling the truth). As soon as I saw Blarg's claim was fake, I made the right call and voted Fireblend. I unvoted him near the end of the day phase because I wanted to see if anyone had anything to say, but it was obvious at that point and I felt very strongly about Fireblend, so I hammered it. I'm not sure what else to say other than you are overthinking this.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can come up with enough evidence to support my Darryl push. You've been paying attention; you've seen most of it already, anyway, and it hasn't done much to faze you. I'm racking my brain to see if somehow I can convince you, though, so I haven't give up on that.

However, I can tell you what happens if you lynch me. LP dies in the night, and it's you Darryl and Time at the end. What's going to be your call then? I don't mind dying at this point; unless I can somehow scrounge something up on Darryl, I think I've done all I can.

I guess I could have also noted that I removed a lot of your mood swings which took up a lot of the second half of day 2 and bled into day 3. I think we are all aware of how much that happened so I didn't feel the need to beat it like a dead horse. My commentary is not indicative of how I feel, it was more me giving myself context because I will probably re-read those 3 posts multiple times between now and time so I wanted to be able to refresh myself quickly. As for your final question, I don't know. I like to think that I can figure out the scum today. I'm close, I know there is something else in this thread somewhere that will narrow it down to 1, I just don't intend to find it tonight.

Sorian

Banned
"mood swings"

There was no better way to put that.

It's a fair assessment I think. I could have put it more eloquently or I could just remind everyone of squidy's last words:

I probably won't be back before the end of the day so I want to pose a question.

When launchpad acts upset about people being jerks and asses, do you feel that he is being genuine?

When he collapsed earlier in the day phase and voted himself and said he wanted out. do you feel he was sincere?

if you answer "no", or "I don't know" to either of those questions you need to lynch launchpad. Examine his posts, examine the mood fluctuations and the tonal inconsistencies and ask yourself if you feel like he's really giving up or just playing dead, ask yourself if he's really such a sensitive soul that he's legitimately upset about people being a little bit dickish (or imagined dickish).

Forget the roleclaim, forget the votes, forget everything else but the question of whether or not his emotional output is genuine in this thread.

Good night, and good luck.

lol

What would it change if I told you I exaggerated my emotions and the reason behind it wasn't even good enough to justify it in the first place?

Sorian

Banned
lol

What would it change if I told you I exaggerated my emotions and the reason behind it wasn't even good enough to justify it in the first place?

I would have never guessed!

Nah, joking aside, I'd love to hear the reasoning on this one regardless of whether you think it is good enough for not.

This isn't going to be me trying to appeal to you, but better than a "gotcha" at the end of the game.

Everything I've said up until now is true. However, once I found out about the role confusion, I figured the best way to sell it was to act like I'd really been screwed and that I was pissed off about it; it wasn't hard, I was a little agitated, I just needed to make it sound worse than it was. At that point, I was just letting it ride out like that, since hounding down Kark plus the outburst sold me as some overly aggressive guy, and I was thinking "well sounds good to me". I haven't been acting this way since around D4, though I suppose people have taken notice.

This isn't a testament to anything, but Tim messaged me about it (I mentioned this earlier in the thread) and asked if I wanted him to modkill me because I was acting so negatively and bringing down the mood. I told him no, I was trying to sell my outrage so that's why I was acting this way. I also apologized for calling him a bunch of names.

Also, not related to the above, but a little to my defense. I was the one who pointed out Roy was probably a mafia tracker and that his role lined up with mine very well. Can I get some points for that? lol

Sorian

Banned
This isn't going to be me trying to appeal to you, but better than a "gotcha" at the end of the game.

Everything I've said up until now is true. However, once I found out about the role confusion, I figured the best way to sell it was to act like I'd really been screwed and that I was pissed off about it; it wasn't hard, I was a little agitated, I just needed to make it sound worse than it was. At that point, I was just letting it ride out like that, since hounding down Kark plus the outburst sold me as some overly aggressive guy, and I was thinking "well sounds good to me". I haven't been acting this way since around D4, though I suppose people have taken notice.

This isn't a testament to anything, but Tim messaged me about it (I mentioned this earlier in the thread) and asked if I wanted him to modkill me because I was acting so negatively and bringing down the mood. I told him no, I was trying to sell my outrage so that's why I was acting this way. I also apologized for calling him a bunch of names.

Also, not related to the above, but a little to my defense. I was the one who pointed out Roy was probably a mafia tracker and that his role lined up with mine very well. Can I get some points for that? lol

I believe Darryl actually brought up that he might be a mafia tracker first?

If you think I'm scum and I would have just let someone implicate me like that you're fucking out of your mind. I have no idea how Roy knows. He has to be the tracker. It doesn't mean he's a town tracker, though.

As for the reasoning, about what I figured, you overacted mad. Re-reading day 2 a few times also got me reading your role fake out in real time a few times. I'm still on the fence about how genuine it felt.

I believe Darryl actually brought up that he might be a mafia tracker first?

As for the reasoning, about what I figured, you overacted mad. Re-reading day 2 a few times also got me reading your role fake out in real time a few times. I'm still on the fence about how genuine it felt.

I missed that post by Darryl, I think?

It's the truth, buy it or not. Up to you what to do with it. If I can't get Darryl today, I'll at least get to say "I told you so" tomorrow.

Top Bottom