• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
I believe it more than I believe it's Time. I know it's one or the other, but damnit, I feel very strongly about Darryl.

image.php

My feeling as well. This avatar is really getting some work in this thread.

Timeaisis

What has Darryl done for town? Tell me that.

I've played without fear of death the entire game. I've played it straight the entire game too and haven't lied about anything. The only reason I care if I go die now is because we'd probably lose.

I've done all I can to get this town win, if you guys fuck it up now it's on you. I'm open to other people than Darryl, but I do not feel strongly about anyone else. If someone's got a dynamite argument, I'm all ears. But I can tell you this. I'm not scum.

Sorian

Banned
What has Darryl done for town? Tell me that.

I still think the lot of you are scum

lol and as if to prove your point, there it is.

Yeah, it's true that Darryl hasn't done a whole lot. His biggest contribution is that he has hounded me since my role claim. I think that is worth something though, if I were scum, I don't think I could have jumped through all the hoops that he put up on me, but I think even he's realized that I can't be scum at this point, but if I was the one playing the con then he would have found it and I think he's the only one who put in the effort to try.

Sorian

Banned
Not that the above is my reasoning for clearing him. I'm just operating on the safe assumption that there is one scum left and I've tried to look at it from the angle of "who is definitely town?" and that gets me no where so I've switched to the angle of "who is most likely to be scum?" and that's what I came up with.

Timeaisis

So you're argument boils down to I "gave" you guys Roy yesterday so I could escape heat today? Is that it?

It's not more simpler than that like...I dunno I actually throught roy was scum and voted for him? Sure, I wasn't 100% on it but I argued it to death because he was our best bet. I pointed out flaws in his reasoning and everything. I didn't even let up when roy almost got away with it to see what would happen. I feel scum would've done that.

You realize your making an indefensible argument against me, right? I was so good at at finding scum yesterday that I must be scum. That's would be a fine argument if we had some more days to look for scum, but we don't. Today is it and we gotta go with who the most likely scum is. If you really think that's me then god help you.

Remember this post?
I made it a few hours after my campaign against Roy started. It's after roy posted he investigated Sorian so he could claim town. That's when I got pretty damn confident roy was our guy.

Why would I "squander" roy's pretty good defense that he investigated Sorian? He's proved he's a tracker, after all!. Because I'm not scum, dammit, and I something smelled.

How this is twisted back on me is insane. You're being foolish, Sorian.

Sorian

Banned
Actually I had forgotten that post, that was really a punch that wasn't pulled and there was no real need for it if the purpose was to just make up a narrative.

Timeaisis

Let's not forget Darryl's rant about Launch right in the middle of us discussing whether or not we had enough to lynch roy.

The writing is on the fucking wall and has been all game. Launch needs to go. He is a hangman waiting for people to crack so we can vote people off over trifle shit. Roy's roleclaim isn't that out of the ordinary.
Saying Launch is our guy and roy's roleclaim isn't that weird, you guys.

Darryl said:
I raised the idea of a mafia tracker earlier in the game and it was shut down. The story has changed not out of evidence but the players of the game and their need for easy targets.
Also, he raised the idea of mafia tracker earlier, just so you know. Y'know, just in case roy does get lynched and flips scum and Darryl he needs an out for this very post.

Sorian

Banned
Also, he raised the idea of mafia tracker earlier, just so you know. Y'know, just in case roy does get lynched and flips scum and Darryl he needs an out for this very post.

He's doing a piss poor job of it then, he hasn't tried to use this out a single time.

Timeaisis

This is kinda funny, too.
I just don't find Timeaisis to be that scummy. He's being up front and genuine. Launch just called my role claim horrible and I bet he can not explain why, he is just doing it because he knows any minute now Lone Prodigy is going to pop into the thread, see his words first, and believe it. All scum needs is a few swing votes at this point in the game.

Launch and Time

The flip-flop. Once I start gunning for roy I change to being #2 suspect. Interesting.

Darryl

Banned
Let's not forget Darryl's rant about Launch right in the middle of us discussing whether or not we had enough to lynch roy.

Saying Launch is our guy and roy's roleclaim isn't that weird, you guys.

His role claim wasn't weird. Just because we know he is mafia now doesn't change that. Roy was going down at that point, why didn't I just bus him?

Timeaisis

His role claim wasn't weird. Just because we know he is mafia now doesn't change that. Roy was going down at that point, why didn't I just bus him?

Roy was still not a sure thing at that point. People were hesitating. Launch and myself were the only ones that were pretty dead set at that point. You waited because he still had a chance.

Timeaisis

Talking about what your or my motivations are is a pointless exercise, anyway, Darryl. Why did you do x and not y. Why did I do x and not y, etc. etc.

I'm focusing on what actually happened yesterday and you are the one that stands out. Simple as that.

Darryl

Banned
Talking about what your or my motivations are is a pointless exercise, anyway, Darryl. Why did you do x and not y. Why did I do x and not y, etc. etc.

I'm focusing on what actually happened yesterday and you are the one that stands out. Simple as that.

If I am scum, than me not bussing him and instead trying to swing and save him was a thing that actually happened.

Timeaisis

If I am scum, than me not bussing him and instead trying to swing and save him was a thing that actually happened.

Yes, my comment was in response to you asking why you didn't just bus him. And I'm saying I can't speak to your motivations, if you were scum. I can just examine what you did.

Look, real talk, today and tomorrow hinges on your choice Sorian. I'm voting my gut. Darryl has been bugging me since the beginning of the game, just like in AC, and it's not just his attitude. If Time is mafia, bravo to him. He's done fantastically. But, unfortunately, it all really hinges on what you want to do here, because LP seems deadset on Time. You're the tiebreaker here. Regardless of what happens today, worst case, we get the guy tomorrow.

VOTE: Darryl

Timeaisis

Here's another fun thing.

Here's an updated list, for your viewing pleasure.

Top scum
cabot: Timeaisis, LaunchpadMcQ
Sorian: roytheone, Timeaisis
LaunchpadMcQ: roytheone, Darryl
Darryl: LaunchpadMcQ, Timeaisis
roytheone: Darryl, Timeaisis
Lone_Prodigy: Roy, Darryl, and Time.
Timeaisis: roytheone, Darryl

So either some serious bussing is going on or I'm not scum. ;)

I compiled this list of who everyone else thought was scum. Remember it? The only people that don't have roy on their list is Darryl and cabot. Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just another observation.

And as to roy's top scum: it's funny because both the two up for lynching today are on there, me and Darryl. Sot it is truly between Darryl and I today. I could absolutely see roy put a scum partner on his top scum list for safety measures. And he likely did.

Darryl

Banned
Yes, my comment was in response to you asking why you didn't just bus him. And I'm saying I can't speak to your motivations, if you were scum. I can just examine what you did.

It's easy to always have the right actions when you are scum and have full information. It's why I haven't brought up me trying to save Kark and Bats. It is a shallow defense. I've taken risks this game and I have said stupid things. The fact that you haven't is what gets me.

Then you're a fool, Sorian. You're mistake is that you believe scum are doing some crazy footwork here to stay alive when all they have to do is play under the radar. I pushed harder for roy yesterday than anyone and we got it. If you lynch me you're all going to kick yourself when you realize I have been playing in town's best interest the entire game.

I've voted two scum off. I made the swing for roy and knocked it out of the park. Do you really think this was some elaborate set-up plan to make me look good? You're argument is based on what you think the motivations of for scum and how you'd do it if you were really clever. My argument for roy and Darryl is that if it quacks like a duck and it looks like a duck it probably is a damn duck.

I just wanted to address this.

Batsnacks played like scum. He was town.
Karkador played like scum. He was town.
Blarg played like Blarg. He was town.
squidy didn't play like squidy. He was town.
Fireblend... he didn't really play like scum. Burb handed him to us on a silver platter.
I think roy could've flipped town.

Darryl... he's done some scummy things. His roleclaim is fishy. His voting behaviour, his reads on Sorian, etc. But he could just be misguided town.

You know who else was misguided town? Me, who Beckied batsnacks. Launch, who pressured Kark.

The single most obvious argument against Time is that he is just... there. He hasn't been noticeable all game until yesterday, when he went hard against roy. Is that town behaviour, seeing the endgame so close so they might as well YOLO, or scum trying to ingratiate himself with the town?

I just wanted to address this.

Batsnacks played like scum. He was town.
Karkador played like scum. He was town.
Blarg played like Blarg. He was town.
squidy didn't play like squidy. He was town.
Fireblend... he didn't really play like scum. Burb handed him to us on a silver platter.
I think roy could've flipped town.

Darryl... he's done some scummy things. His roleclaim is fishy. His voting behaviour, his reads on Sorian, etc. But he could just be misguided town.

You know who else was misguided town? Me, who Beckied batsnacks. Launch, who pressured Kark.

The single most obvious argument against Time is that he is just... there. He hasn't been noticeable all game until yesterday, when he went hard against roy. Is that town behaviour, seeing the endgame so close so they might as well YOLO, or scum trying to ingratiate himself with the town?

Hmm no. Darryl has a presence because he's abrasive and he says some crazy shit, but nothing has come of any of his pushes. Time went in hard against Roy yesterday; Darryl barely laid a solid opinion out. I think you've got them backwards.

Regardless of what happens, kudos to scum for playing so well. If Sorian chooses poorly, then I'm dead. I didn't expect to last this long to be honest.

Timeaisis

I went hard against roy because I saw an opening. I mentioned it before. I play pretty safe early game and pounce when I'm pretty sure of things. Once roy made his roleclaim stuff didn't add up, I prodded him, and we lynched him.

My arguments against Darryl stand for themselves. He's acted scummy the entire game. He's made some weird moves, voted some weird ways, and rubbed lots of people the wrong way. I played it safe in the beginning and then jumped on roy. And guess what? I was right. If that makes me look scummy by some reverse psychology bullshit then so be it.

Hmm no. Darryl has a presence because he's abrasive and he says some crazy shit, but nothing has come of any of his pushes. Time went in hard against Roy yesterday; Darryl barely laid a solid opinion out. I think you've got them backwards.

This is entirely anecdotal, but scum tend to take fewer risks, lest they say something that's jumped on. Darryl has been abrasive, aggressive, and wrong at times, like a meaner version of you.

Time, you've made your case, and I've made mine. Let's just see where the cards fall. You can flip town, and you can flip scum. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Until then, there's no sense in dancing around the same tree.

Sorian

Banned
I still genuinely think the answer is Time but, of course, you all choose to put this on me when I'm driving home. I needed to be the hammer and this game is now done for me. If we don't hit scum, then grats scum team, you won. Kill L_P tonight and I will exit the game by morning because I will have kicked all living players. L_P if you were actually the scum, then super grats on that day 1 maneuver, kill anyone but me tonight and I'll vote with you tomorrow.

If Time is it, then grats town. Except for yesterday, I was truly trying to scum hunt this whole time but this has been a rough scum team to hunt down. I hope you all understand that I did what I had to do. Also, if the final answer is Launch then lolol, pro work man.

VOTE: Timeaisis

I still genuinely think the answer is Time but, of course, you all choose to put this on me when I'm driving home. I needed to be the hammer and this game is now done for me. If we don't hit scum, then grats scum team, you won. Kill L_P tonight and I will exit the game by morning because I will have kicked all living players. L_P if you were actually the scum, then super grats on that day 1 maneuver, kill anyone but me tonight and I'll vote with you tomorrow.

If Time is it, then grats town. Except for yesterday, I was truly trying to scum hunt this whole time but this has been a rough scum team to hunt down. I hope you all understand that I did what I had to do. Also, if the final answer is Launch then lolol, pro work man.

VOTE: Timeaisis

geez what an asshole, kicking everyone like that

:p

Timeaisis

This is entirely anecdotal, but scum tend to take fewer risks, lest they say something that's jumped on. Darryl has been abrasive, aggressive, and wrong at times, like a meaner version of you.

Time, you've made your case, and I've made mine. Let's just see where the cards fall. You can flip town, and you can flip scum. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Until then, there's no sense in dancing around the same tree.

There's no sense dancing around the tree? What are you talking about!?

This is the end of the freaking game. If we get it wrong, it's over. You're putting faith in Sorian's hands because you can't choose. Giving the game up to chance at this point, basically.

There's complete sense in arguing about this so we can freaking lynch the final scum. I'm trying to convince you for that very reason. Like I said before, if this was a day or two earlier, I wouldn't care if I die, but if you lynch me when I flip scum it's gonna be:

1 town
1 Sorian
1 scum

And whoever Sorian feels like agreeing with more is gonna win it. Don't yo usee that? We've got to find the scum today or we give it up to chance tomorrow. You're just giving it up to chance right now by not wanting to hear arguments about this anymore.

Sorian

Banned
geez what an asshole, kicking everyone like that

:p

Dat auto correct, lick of course :p

Sure, I'm still a survivor role, it's not like he was going to give me an out where I could win night 2 suddenly. I would assume I can win by having all alive players licked so that I'm not a deciding vote at the very end of the game. If I was just pure survivor and I happened to make it to the last 3, me, a fun-aligned, and a no-fun-aligned, then I would straight up be allowed to just decide the winning team on a whim because it wouldn't matter to me. As funny as that scenario is, it's not very fair from a game balance perspective.

It wasn't that funny. I kinda feel bad depending on the results.

Top Bottom