• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
For the new page.

What's your role then, LoC?

Doctor of Medicine.
I am able to save 1 person from death every night. Unlike Nin my saves are not broadcasted, with a catch. If I had died Nin would have been rendered useless. Nin was my student. I didn't know nin was my student, but I knew I had one. Yes, nins death report didn't mention me, but I assume that was to protect my identity, Crab can't reveal other roles in text. I can't self target, and Nin and I couldn't target each other. I can't target the same person twice in a row, and I receive no feedback for my saves.

Night 1: Palmer_v1
Night 2: Armi0x
Night 3: Karkador
Night 4: Zippedinhead
Night 5: Karkador
Night 6: Quantumbro

I'm withholding Night 7 to protect that person tomorrow. They are still alive.

I should have claimed when nin died. I'm sorry for that.

I'll probably write more after work, but just want to say this: a couple posts above I said LoC targeted Palmer on Night 2, which contrasts with his list above. I was mixing nights up. LoC and I targeted Palmer on Night 1 and the Timeaisis kerfluffle was on Night 2. Apologies for that. (See my roleclaim post for accurate details.)

Timeaisis

I'll probably write more after work, but just want to say this: a couple posts above I said LoC targeted Palmer on Night 2, which contrasts with his list above. I was mixing nights up. LoC and I targeted Palmer on Night 1 and the Timeaisis kerfluffle was on Night 2. Apologies for that. (See my roleclaim post for accurate details.)

The mix up kind of lends credence to him, at least a little. He said it like it was, regardless. It also would explain why QuantumBro didn't die on N6 like everyone was expecting.

Another interesting tidbit, everyone on that list is alive, except Amir0x and QuantumBro. Amir0x was, of course, lynched, so LoC couldn't have saved him even if he tried. QuantumBro, one could argue, was going to inevitably die anyway and it was only a matter of time. LoC and nin seemingly prevented that for at least a little while.

The fucked up part in all this is we have no way to protect LoC if he really is the doc. The only solution I can think of is ultron looking at him tonight, to at least dissuade it.

Zatoth

Sucks that we lost QuantumBro.

But at least we finally got rid of one Mafia member. Good job Kark.

But I am still not a fan of working with a serial killer. You caused more harm than you did good.

RHN we need those names.

Palmer_v1

The mix up kind of lends credence to him, at least a little. He said it like it was, regardless. It also would explain why QuantumBro didn't die on N6 like everyone was expecting.

Another interesting tidbit, everyone on that list is alive, except Amir0x and QuantumBro. Amir0x was, of course, lynched, so LoC couldn't have saved him even if he tried. QuantumBro, one could argue, was going to inevitably die anyway and it was only a matter of time. LoC and nin seemingly prevented that for at least a little while.

The fucked up part in all this is we have no way to protect LoC if he really is the doc. The only solution I can think of is ultron looking at him tonight, to at least dissuade it.

I agree about watching him for visitors. He may survive another night anyway though. I need to think about all the repercussions here.

Doctor of Medicine.

Night 1: Palmer_v1
Night 2: Armi0x
Night 3: Karkador
Night 4: Zippedinhead
Night 5: Karkador
Night 6: Quantumbro
I'm withholding Night 7 to protect that person tomorrow. They are still alive.
I should have claimed when nin died. I'm sorry for that.

Thank you Lord of Castamere!

Night 5 (The night of no deaths) Ultron87 got saved by Nin1000, Karkador directly attached nin1000 but nin1000 did not die. Karkador also seems to not have had a tryst with Pants (so Mafia Blocker did not block Karkador's kill), Lord of Castamere saved Karkador (and inadvertently traube based on Quantum's actions). This is by far the weirdest night.

Oh okay. Yeah. This list is BS. No one visited QuantumBro on Night 6, since I targeted him and got a "no one visited your target tonight".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155376715&postcount=1018

Damn. I should have triple checked. You should have died on Night 4. You got lucky on Night 1 and lucky on 4. Your luck will run out.

I killed Nin1000. I killed Barrylocke. I killed Quantumbro. I am the Shadow, and you will all die.

Seriously though the anxiety was getting to me. I feel you Kark.

Palmer_v1

Damn. I should have triple checked. You should have died on Night 4. You got lucky on Night 1 and lucky on 4. Your luck will run out.

I killed Nin1000. I killed Barrylocke. I killed Quantumbro. I am the Shadow, and you will all die.

Seriously though the anxiety was getting to me. I feel you Kark.

WHY BARRYLOCKE!? He did nothing to you!

El Topo

I knew I should've gone with Castamere a few days ago. Fuck. See you in hell, mafia scum. Heck, pants was mafia? That means I'm gonna have to dig out my old list again.

Lords of Castamere

Palmer_v1

Btw it is great to be able to talk freely, without obsessing over every word. Yeah!! I'll see you in hell El topo.

I was never certain about you, so I don't feel like you played a bad game at all before this. You were definitely one of my top 5 candidates for lynching though, for the past few day phases.

You gonna come back for another game if Crab or someone hosts one afterwards, or was this TOO stressful for you?

I was never certain about you, so I don't feel like you played a bad game at all before this. You were definitely one of my top 5 candidates for lynching though, for the past few day phases.

You gonna come back for another game if Crab or someone hosts one afterwards, or was this TOO stressful for you?

Nah. The only stressful part was the lie above. Those few minutes where no one replied were tense. It was fun the rest of the time.

kingkitty

Vote: Lord of Castamere

Castamere outing himself as mafia probably gives cover to other mafia to vote for his death. I guess.

Karkador, who do you plan to slice for the night phase?

Luckily for us, it's been good so far.

But of course, if there are a) 2 townie deaths on one night or b) we're near the finishing line. Then we'll have to reevaluate the alliance. But so far, so good!

El Topo

Here's the final vote, but I have a secret. I'm leaving a present for everyone tonight. I hope you love it.

Vote: Lord of Castamere

Wait, if you can kill someone with your death, don't kill me. I never meant to mock you. Kill someone else. Karkie always said mean things about you when you weren't listening.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Vote Count |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lord of Castamere: 8 / 8 [ultron87, Palmer_v1, ElTopo, traube, kingkitty, Zippedpinhead, MattyG, Lord of Castamere]

Lord of Castamere, the Shadow received a majority of the votes and was lynched.

Welcome!

You are a Shadow.

You are aligned with the Mafia.

Your partners are REDACTED. Each night phase, one of the Mafia-aligned player may kill one of the non-Mafia-aligned players by PMing me with the command KILL: Crab. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with other Mafia-aligned players at the QuickTopic board found here.

Additionally, you have the ability to observe one player each night phase by PMing me the command WATCH: Crab. If that player targeted anyone with an action that night, I will inform you that they targeted someone (but not who the target was or what action was used).

You win when Mafia-aligned players outnumber non-Mafia-aligned players.

The game thread is here.

Night 8 has begun. Night 8 will end on Thursday 26th March at approximately 23:00 GMT.

Please do not post in this thread until Night 8 has finished.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
flavour text coming shortly

During the night, StayDead the Hopeless Sleepwalker was killed.

Welcome!

You are a Hopeless Sleepwalker.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

You are unfortunately a terrible sleepwalker, constantly off and about in your dreams with nary an idea as to what is going on. Each night, you will at random visit one of the other players. You will not receive any information about this or as a result of this; nor will the player your visit.

You win when only Tourist-aligned players remain.

The game thread is here.

Day 9 has begun. Day 9 will end on Thursday 2nd April at approximately 22:00 GMT.

You may now resume posting.

Once again, a stern reminder to please get your night actions in on time. It's not fair on everyone else if you get extra time to plan out your actions. I will start penalizing repeat offenders for this very shortly.

El Topo

So...does that mean we have two sleepwalkers? Does that make sense? Palmer is the other one, right? Any reason to not believe him?

Palmer_v1

Only 1 death again? Who did Karkador target, and who did the mafia target?

Also, if you think I'm lying about being town-aligned, think about the visits I got. Why would LoC have wasted one of his nights on a Mafia player?

Palmer_v1

Palmer I think we are warranted some explaining.

Karkador, I guess stay dead was your doing?

I'm waiting on more info from Karkador and others before I say much. Revealing everything is probably not beneficial for the town.

That aside though, it should be pretty obvious I'm town-aligned based on a doubly confirmed report that mafia has visited me on a previous night.

I'm waiting on more info from Karkador and others before I say much. Revealing everything is probably not beneficial for the town.

That aside though, it should be pretty obvious I'm town-aligned based on a doubly confirmed report that mafia has visited me on a previous night.

Yeah I'm not worried about you being town...

Yeah I'm not worried about you being town...

I'm worried about what other role you have and what the last few mafia folk will make of it.

I can understand you wanting to wait until ultron and karkador say more about what they did. I'm sure all of us are wondering about what the "slicer of Sicily" was up to last night.

Sorry last post in a row,

Wasn't everyone entertained by the ace attorney/danganronpa/mystery Villian-esqueesque monologuing that castemere did after we found him out? I know I was

Sorry last post in a row,

Wasn't everyone entertained by the ace attorney/danganronpa/mystery Villian-esqueesque monologuing that castemere did after we found him out? I know I was

Was scared there was actually going to be a consequence of him getting lynched!

Need to see who was blocked. Can't remember, has someone claimed that role?

I'm surprised some of the vocal "outs" such as ultron haven't been taken out, or maybe we've done well with blocks?

Was scared there was actually going to be a consequence of him getting lynched!

Need to see who was blocked. Can't remember, has someone claimed that role?

I'm surprised some of the vocal "outs" such as ultron haven't been taken out, or maybe we've done well with blocks?

Pants was a mafia blocker. If there is another blocker it's town, and since that role really benefits mafia more than us I doubt we have another one.

Ultron has an informational only role, as opposed to Quantumbro and karkador's action roles. He doesn't always hit, but when he does we learn stuff, as opposed to always doing something every night. It would not surprise me if Karkador is almost out of lives. Also possible we have another person who is night time immune to death (I am a strong believer in this one).

Top Bottom