• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

VOTE: RobotNinjaHornets

It just seems so unlikely that of all the possible roles both the mafia and the town would have this role.

FWIW, I'm like 50/50 on if RNH is lying. It's just that either way, we learn something valuable by his death.

For a long time, I really thought there was a Mafia(Pants) and Tourist(???) Role Blocker(I still do), and a Mafia(LoC) and Tourist(RNH?) Tracker. There are definitely more dual roles in the game, as we'll learn soon.

Also, before this ends, and because I might die tonight, remember that no town power role should attempt to save or block me directly tonight. Block Karkador if possible, and keep Ultron alive if possible. If we get Mafia today/tonight, we cannot afford to let Kark live any longer either. The next Day phase should just be 6 straight lynch votes and back to night phase!

I'll see you soon, Johnny!

Palmer_v1

For the record, by my count...
We've got 11 people left. Potentially 5 total mafia, so that would make 2-3 mafia left.

It's 12 by mine:

Alive:

AbsolutBro
El Topo
Karkador
kingkitty
Mattyg [1 prod]
Palmer_v1
RobotNinjaHornets
Timeasis
tomakasatnav [1 prod]
traube
ultron_87 [1 prod]
Zippedpinhead

Timeaisis

It's 12 by mine:

Alive:

AbsolutBro
El Topo
Karkador
kingkitty
Mattyg [1 prod]
Palmer_v1
RobotNinjaHornets
Timeasis
tomakasatnav [1 prod]
traube
ultron_87 [1 prod]
Zippedpinhead

Lol I didn't count myself because I'm an idiot. 12 people then. 2-3 mafia, probably.

Palmer_v1

Lol I didn't count myself because I'm an idiot. 12 people then. 2-3 mafia, probably.

3 Mafia seems like a safe bet.

2 mafia left is unlikely unless they ALL had crazy power roles.

4 Mafia is a maybe. It would probably mean more generic goons, which is still possible.

El Topo

VOTE: RobotNinjaHornets

It just seems so unlikely that of all the possible roles both the mafia and the town would have this role.

I just don't get why RNH would lie about something that stupid and do it in such a suspicious way. As I see it, there's little reason for him to lie. If we lynch traube and it's a tourist he's dead meat.

Zatoth

So. Back again.

But I don't really have much to add.

@Timeaisis: I understand that you suspect that Hornets and I are both Mafia. I would probably come to the same conclusion. So I can't really argue with you about that.

Problem is that I can not do much do defend my position aside from telling you that I am not Mafia. It is up to you to believe me or not.

What I can tell you again is that hornets is lying about last night. I did not target anyone.

That is why I am 100% certain that he is Mafia (or maybe some neutral role. But that is very unlikely. Don't think we have another neutral role besides Karkador.)

My guess would be that hornets used Lords role as cover. That is why Lord had to used that Doctor story. Would have been extremely suspicious if both of them had the same role.

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

Timeaisis

So. Back again.

But I don't really have much to add.

@Timeaisis: I understand that you suspect that Hornets and I are both Mafia. I would probably come to the same conclusion. So I can't really argue with you about that.

Problem is that I can not do much do defend my position aside from telling you that I am not Mafia. It is up to you to believe me or not.

What I can tell you again is that hornets is lying about last night. I did not target anyone.

That is why I am 100% certain that he is Mafia (or maybe some neutral role. But that is very unlikely. Don't think we have another neutral role besides Karkador.)

My guess would be that hornets used Lords role as cover. That is why Lord had to used that Doctor story. Would have been extremely suspicious if both of them had the same role.

Well, you can vote for RNH, which you just did. So there's that. :)
A lot of suspicion on you is highly circumstantial (i.e. you voted along with mafia a lot, and defended a few mafia people unknowingly). That's why I feel like a vote for RNH is a much safer bet here.

El Topo

But why would a mafia member use the role of another mafia member, but then hold back names? Surely the mafia didn't actually target Castamere, so they targeted someone else. I can't believe he kept the names as some sort of potential leverage.

The only thing I might buy is that he had to choose names of previous targets because LoC was gone and he would've had to guess with other players, but it still seems so random.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
RobotNinjaHornets is one vote away from a lynch, just so everyone is clear.

El Topo

RobotNinjaHornets is one vote away from a lynch, just so everyone is clear.

Huh. Not good.

I honestly haven't seen a good explanation as to why RNH would be lying. Other than his incredibly convenient list/timing and his general passivity, which could simply be due to real life, it just seems so stupid for him to accuse traube.

Timeaisis

But why would a mafia member use the role of another mafia member, but then hold back names? Surely the mafia didn't actually target Castamere, so they targeted someone else. I can't believe he kept the names as some sort of potential leverage.

The only thing I might buy is that he had to choose names of previous targets because LoC was gone and he would've had to guess with other players, but it still seems so random.

He left out the names because he probably didn't know them...lots of people (myself included) seem to think he just stole LoC's role and passed it off as his own (just town-flavored). So he leaves out some names he doesn't know and justifies it by not throwing suspicion on people. Now he's conveniently claiming those redacted names were mafia, and they targeted someone. Not only are they dead, but we also know that LoC targeted people, so the list is entirely believable. Why would RNH hide those names until after LoC died? Why not bring it up sooner, when LoC was under suspicion? It's too convenient.

Zatoth

I just don't get why RNH would lie about something that stupid and do it in such a suspicious way. As I see it, there's little reason for him to lie. If we lynch traube and it's a tourist he's dead meat.

Because it makes me suspicious either way.

Option 1: You believe me and lynch RNH today: A) He is mafia. So I would look like a tourist in theory. BUT that would be something Mafia would do to take heat off of me (assuming I am Mafia).That's why it only works in theory. It actually makes me look even more suspicious. Chances are high you will lynch me tomorrow.

B) He is a tourist who tried to help you. So I am obviously Mafia.

Option 2: You believe RNH and lynch me today: A) Basically the same thing with reversed roles.

B) vice versa.

So why would he do it? I think he expected to get lynched tonight. So he wanted to have at least the chance to make it out alive for one more day.

And again I can only tell you that I am not Mafia. Believe me or don't. I am afraid I can't do much else to gain your trust.

Truthfully, I want someone else who is not one of the usual voters to kill RNH.

Tomakasatnav, Absolutbro,

I want to know who YOU are voting for...

El Topo

He left out the names because he probably didn't know them...lots of people (myself included) seem to think he just stole LoC's role and passed it off as his own (just town-flavored). So he leaves out some names he doesn't know and justifies it by not throwing suspicion on people. Now he's conveniently claiming those redacted names were mafia, and they targeted someone. Not only are they dead, but we also know that LoC targeted people, so the list is entirely believable. Why would RNH hide those names until after LoC died? Why not bring it up sooner, when LoC was under suspicion? It's too convenient.

But that makes no sense. We know LoC had the same power, why not just ask him for the list? It's not as if he immediately whipped out a list when we asked him about it.

The rest makes some sense, but it would still be incredibly sloppy play. He could've just claimed that he had targeted LoC after the latter came clean, before he admitted to being mafia. In all fairness, it makes sense to hold back the names of those that can target players.

Palmer_v1

Just a comment in case I die, but I find Zipped and El Topo's defense of RNH mildly concerning. If he proves to be Mafia, remember this. If RNH is Mafia, I'm also less sure about Traube overall. Still a good chance he's Mafia and RNH tried to bus him, but it could just be very bad luck as well.

Fine,

UNVOTE: Traube

It's not a defense of RNH, what it is is forcing the people who haven't voted as much to vote. Tomak and Absolutbro have not weighed in on this at all.

Timeaisis

But that makes no sense. We know LoC had the same power, why not just ask him for the list? It's not as if he immediately whipped out a list when we asked him about it.

The rest makes some sense, but it would still be incredibly sloppy play. He could've just claimed that he had targeted LoC after the latter came clean, before he admitted to being mafia. In all fairness, it makes sense to hold back the names of those that can target players.

Well, we assume that he did. But remember they aren't in constant communication. It's not like they can text eachother back and forth. RNH was in a tough spot and had to go with what he remembered. He forgets two names and just redacts them instead. Or, maybe those two names were townies and he wanted to redact them so later he have some fodder to dogpile someone.

What we do know:

either traube or RNH is lying. RNH has been very coy about his role and coming clean with his information. In my eyes, this is very anti-town behavior and is highly suspect. His motives aren't completely known, but his behavior, I think, speaks for itself.

Palmer_v1

Fine,

UNVOTE: Traube

It's not a defense of RNH, what it is is forcing the people who haven't voted as much to vote. Tomak and Absolutbro have not weighed in on this at all.

Logically, they don't have a reason to. Unless they suddenly role claim and blow this all up, there are only a few possible choices.

They abstain and we gain no info.
They vote RNh and at worst, we assume they're Mafia piling on when it became an obvious lynch, at best, we all ignore it and gain no info.
They vote someone else. At worst, we assume they're Mafia trying to get a tie, etc. At best, we assume they're idiots and gain no info.

Palmer_v1

Well, we assume that he did. But remember they aren't in constant communication. It's not like they can text eachother back and forth. RNH was in a tough spot and had to go with what he remembered. He forgets two names and just redacts them instead. Or, maybe those two names were townies and he wanted to redact them so later he have some fodder to dogpile someone.

What we do know:

either traube or RNH is lying. RNH has been very coy about his role and coming clean with his information. In my eyes, this is very anti-town behavior and is highly suspect. His motives aren't completely known, but his behavior, I think, speaks for itself.

Wait, I thought Mafia had a forum they could post in at any time. Are they only allowed to post during the night phases!? Fuck me, that makes a lot of things different.

Timeaisis

Also, might as well repost this now. It's my response to kingkitty's analysis of RNH. It's copy/paste from this post, which you should refer to for context.

Remember that Day 6 ended in No Lynch. Anyways, here it is:

------------------------------------------

I want to reiterate kingkitty's point, because I think this is very, very important.

Day 6

No Lynch: 6 / 10 [tomakasatnav, ultron87, RobotNinjaHornets, Lord of Castamere, traube, El Topo]

RobotNinjaHornets: 4 / 10 [Quantumbro, Timeaisis, Zippedpinhead, Palmer_v1]

Note here, we've got at least two mafia members (LoC and pants) not voting for RNH. We know they were mafia. Had they have voted for RNH, they could've tied. All that would be required would be another mafia coming forward to seal the deal. It would've been an easy kill for them, especially after all the information of RNH came out. So...why didn't they do this? Either, they didn't co-ordinate the dogpiling well enough (which they've easily done before) or RNH is mafia. The only other alternative is they didn't want to come off as suspicious after RNH's "reveal". But, again, there was still plenty of evidence against him at that point, in my mind.

Timeaisis

Wait, I thought Mafia had a forum they could post in at any time. Are they only allowed to post during the night phases!? Fuck me, that makes a lot of things different.

They do, but I meant they don't have like eachothers phone numbers or anything lol. They have to be online to co-ordinate.

Palmer_v1

So who else is having a lot of fun with this(and some stress), and intends to play again if Crab(or someone) organizes it again? Anyone regretting this completely?

Karkador

Banned
I'd like to add on more thing. I think Karkador will kill me tonight, should we lynch RHN.

Why do I think that? Well I was in support of lynching him from the moment he told us about is serial killer role. I think only Ultron was also very anti-Karkador.

So he may also be a likely target.

My guess would be that he attacked Ultron last night. Because of this post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158166805&postcount=1365

I wasn't aiming anything specifically towards ultron in that post.

What I meant was that if someone asks me that question, they are telegraphing that they either have no information about the night, or they want to look like they don't.

Karkador

Banned
With so many regular townies already eliminated, I just find it harder to think that there are still players left who got 0 information.

ultron87

RNH's list seems too convenient for guessing people out of a large pool of players such that it ends up with information already confirmed elsewhere in the thread or things that can't be confirmed by the dead. And the other circumstantial behavioral evidence makes sense too. So, I'm okay with this vote.

Since it seems very unlikely that I'll survive yet another night (I'm shocked I've survived the last few), I'd just like everyone to keep in mind that we absolutely cannot let Karkador stay alive another day whether we get a Mafia or not with this vote. If we do get a Mafia his hit percentage becomes very small. If we do miss two kills a night is going to make this game end very very fast.

Palmer_v1

With so many regular townies already eliminated, I just find it harder to think that there are still players left who got 0 information.

I personally think we still have 2-3 either regular townies, or oddball passives like Sleepwalker. Any other neutrals that could be interesting at this point?

What time does the vote end? I see that I'm one being called to vote, which is fine and I will, but first - MattyG:

Any thoughts on people/roles generally? I know your role doesn't give you any insight but you're the only one out of this lot I can trust

Hello I am back in the land of existence

Things:

1) People seem to not understand the plan. My take on it was that if someone targeted someone one night, but didn't another night, then it was possible that they were mafia, since anyone could've sent in the kill request. Now this wouldn't necessarily work if they had a role, since they'd probably have to use it every night and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. So when I found out about StayDead I was planning on asking the thread whether they thought I should call him out or not, since forcing people to roleclaim puts them in a position that could be advantageous for the mafia as they could have a super useful town role for the late game.

However I didn't get around to doing that in time so...yeah. Unfortunate. For anyone saying it's convenient...well yeah. It's not like I'm happy my information got squandered because I was ill. Still, Lord's implosion gave me a chance to check out someone else, so going with the same plan in reverse I checked traube. It was even more likely to be useful this time around too, since we know that he doesn't have to target someone every night, PLUS he'd lost 2 allies in the last couple of days, thus making it more likely that he'd have to use the kill command, right? And that's what it looks like happened.

2) Palmer mentioned that he posts on the phone - I would but I have a phone from the stone age :c

...I had some more points but I've forgotten what they were, I'll continue after rescanning the thread

Palmer_v1

Ultron,

I think RNH needs one more vote. I had unvoted.

You unvoted Traube, though. Before Ultron87's vote, Crab had posted and said we only needed one more vote for RNH to lynch. We're basically waiting on Crab, and/or another role like BarryLocke had, that can override a lynch. Or RNH has a role that affects lynching.

Most likely Crab is just busy typing up anti-american propaganda again. Get him, Kabouter.

Palmer_v1

The votes for RNH, in reverse order at this point:

Ultron87
Traube
Zipped(but reneged once he voted traube, which has also been unvoted)
Karkador
Time
Palmer
King

Timeaisis

Oh sweet!

What is there to say? I got the response saying he targeted someone, if he's claiming he didn't then I'd say he's lying and needs to tell us what role he has

Well I just wanted to make sure to confirm that was on your report, and you hadn't made a mistake or anything.

I know I'm voting for you, but the good news is if you turn out to be not mafia it's an easy vote to lynch traube.

Top Bottom