• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

Oh sweet!

What is there to say? I got the response saying he targeted someone, if he's claiming he didn't then I'd say he's lying and needs to tell us what role he has

The absolute worst thing for town is if RNH is telling the truth right now, AND Traube had a weird town role that explained the targeting as well. If there's any possibility, Traube should be role-claiming. We'd lose two tourists to some terrible miscommunication.

RNH is either lying outright about his role, or is town-aligned.

You're still alive, RNH. You have 6 votes. Zipped changed his..

El Topo

What miscommunication? He said I targeted someone during the night. But I did not.

So he is lying about that.

Isn't there the chance you got switched or something like that? He'd target you, get someone else (maybe a mafia member) and thus learn that you targeted someone (even though you didn't)?

I don't know, it just seems like such a weird lie. Then again, his list is super-convenient.

Karkador

Banned
Can we somehow confirm that any other part of RNH's list is true or false?

What did you do on the night you show up on his list, Palmer?

Isn't there the chance you got switched or something like that? He'd target you, get someone else (maybe a mafia member) and thus learn that you targeted someone (even though you didn't)?

I don't know, it just seems like such a weird lie. Then again, his list is super-convenient.

Would there be another switcher? Quantum was dead when I targeted traube again, wasn't he?

Zatoth

Maybe. No idea who that switching power actually works when it comes to getting information. You would probably not get the name of your target if it was switched.

Timeaisis

The absolute worst thing for town is if RNH is telling the truth right now, AND Traube had a weird town role that explained the targeting as well. If there's any possibility, Traube should be role-claiming. We'd lose two tourists to some terrible miscommunication.

RNH is either lying outright about his role, or is town-aligned.

You're still alive, RNH. You have 6 votes. Zipped changed his..

Well one of them is lying. Like, there is no other possibility. The question, for me, is who has more to gain lying. Or who has more motivation to lie at this point?

Here are the possibilities, as I see them.

They're both town
RNH is lying - I don't see any reason to possibly do this.
traube is lying - He has a power role that he doesn't want to expose, but he's risking RNH's life on it.

RNH is Mafia, traube is town
RNH is lying - Obviously, to cover his back and throw suspicion onto traube.
traube is lying - Again, the only reason he would do this is to disguise a power role.

Traube is Mafia, RNH is town
RNH is lying - I don't see any reason why he would lie if he were town, unless he really, really thinks traube is mafia.
traube is lying - Clearly, to not get lynched.

They are both mafia
RNH is lying - RNH is throwing traube under the bus so he can live
traube is lying - traube doesn't want to go with RNH's plan of throwing him under the bus, and is trying not to get lynched

Zatoth

Well shit. I can't shake the feeling that the Mafia players are laughing their asses of right now. Assuming RHN is actually town, you will lynch me tomorrow. That would be two dead townies.

Mafia switcher maybe? I mean if you're not lying then some roles might exist twice.

Hm, maybe. I feel like it might be a bit OP though, or we'd at least have seen a bit more confusion over what's happening. Plus they could've saved Pants, since Kark straight up said he was going to kill Pants. Unless he lied to trick them, but then surely Kark would've brought that up by now?

Palmer_v1

Can we somehow confirm that any other part of RNH's list is true or false?

What did you do on the night you show up on his list, Palmer?

I can confirm I was targeting someone, but nothing more than that. Trust me, I would immediately break all of my secrecy today if I could use it to prove someone was lying. I cannot.

El Topo

With so many regular townies already eliminated, I just find it harder to think that there are still players left who got 0 information.

I have no information whatsoever beyond what I learn in this thread. The only thing I get to look forward to is lynching people, but it's no fun if I don't believe the candidate is mafia. :(

Well shit. I can't shake the feeling that the Mafia players are laughing their asses of right now. Assuming RHN is actually town, you will lynch me tomorrow. That would be two dead townies.

I'm going to be honest, I would've preferred to lynch you first. That said, if we have a cop, maybe he'll have enough information soon to end all this. Well, he better have, not many left.

Hm, maybe. I feel like it might be a bit OP though, or we'd at least have seen a bit more confusion over what's happening. Plus they could've saved Pants, since Kark straight up said he was going to kill Pants. Unless he lied to trick them, but then surely Kark would've brought that up by now?

Wasn't pants a role blocker? Why didn't he block ol' Karkie? I don't know, I would've preferred to lynch traube first and then (if necessary) you.

Karkador

Banned

I can't remember if I've commented on this yet, but I did target pants that night, and I was surprised that my kill overrode his block.
They probably made that play without really considering the timing.

Timeaisis

If you both are town, by my guess, you have the only reason to lie, in that you have a power role. The only other reason RNH would have had to lie about you is that he was utterly convinced you were mafia, which wouldn't make too much sense.

Palmer_v1

I have wondered if they could have a switcher, but I think it would just cause too much confusion and not really be fun. You have a good point about Kark and Pants as well.

Palmer_v1

I can't remember if I've commented on this yet, but I did target pants that night, and I was surprised that my kill overrode his block.
They probably made that play without really considering the timing.

I read up on Serial Killer a bit after you claimed it, and it sounded like some variations make it immune to some other actions.

Another possible option is a role blocker targeted Pants, which canceled his, but that kinda stuff gets weird and sorta comes down to Crab's preferred method of resolution. Like if I was a blocker and targeted Pants, and Pants targeted me, and Ultron and LoC both spy on me. What is the end result on all of the reports? Kinda hope there was only one role blocker for that reason.

Palmer_v1

Next Mafia game will be all switchers. It will be the social deduction version of 8 player Smash.

One of the funnier games of Werewolf I've played was with around 14 people. 5 werewolves, but for balance/laughs, every one of them was a special type that ONLY won if they were the sole werewolf alive. All 5 of them thought they were the only one with that role, and the other 4 were normal. People got bussed so fucking hard.

Karkador

Banned
Well, the existence of another blocker is still a possibility...so it does seem possible that pants got pantsed before trying to get in my pants

Timeaisis

One of the funnier games of Werewolf I've played was with around 14 people. 5 werewolves, but for balance/laughs, every one of them was a special type that ONLY won if they were the sole werewolf alive. All 5 of them thought they were the only one with that role, and the other 4 were normal. People got bussed so fucking hard.

Maybe that's what's going on here. It would explain a lot, actually. :p

RNH and Traube,

If you are both town, the mafia knows this.

AND Traube if you are town and are lying to protect a role, the Mafia will probably kill you tonight. They will say "He has a role so powerful that it makes more sense to lie and have another town die. we should kill him over Ultron/kark/palmer or a random"

So if you are lying to protect your role, don't. they may weigh your death over a known quantity.

Karkador

Banned
Anyway, jokes aside, the thing about the RNH/traube deal is that RNH named traube days ago with "no target", suggesting that he was clean.

Whatever is going on here, it doesn't seem likely that RNH planned it from the first day he roleclaimed.

Zatoth

AND Traube if you are town and are lying to protect a role, the Mafia will probably kill you tonight. They will say "He has a role so powerful that it makes more sense to lie and have another town die. we should kill him over Ultron/kark/palmer or a random"

So if you are lying to protect your role, don't. they may weigh your death over a known quantity.

Okay. I did not really want to do this. But you have point. Will give you at least some information.

I am a private investigator. My role works kind of like a cop. I can check out people during the night to see if the are town of mafia. I don't get any information about their powers.

The problem is that I drink too much. So some nights I will not be able to use my power because I am out cold. Crab sends me a message each night.

I know that kingkitty and AbsolutBro are town.

I did not check out RHN yet. But I thought he may be Mafia. So I decided to keep my role a secret. To maybe have another night to check out another person.

But I have no idea anymore.

UnVote: RobotNinjaHornets

Karkador

Banned
If your info is true, town now has 5 confirmed town, leaving me as neutral, and six others as mafia out whatever.

It shouldn't be too hard to pick the rest of the mafia out of those six... But y'all need to confirm one thing to proceed...

vote:traube

Palmer_v1

Anyway, jokes aside, the thing about the RNH/traube deal is that RNH named traube days ago with "no target", suggesting that he was clean.

Whatever is going on here, it doesn't seem likely that RNH planned it from the first day he roleclaimed.

I agree that this wasn't his intent from the start.

It wasn't until Kingkitty posted his fairly thorough reasoning on why they seemed to be linked, in addition to making it look like they were defendig Mafia lynch candidates.

My general assumption now is that he then added Traube back in as an attempt to either implicate an innocent, or separate himself from a fellow Mafia. The only other person he could have done it to was Tomak. Does that bear consideration?

If RNH is mafia, and traube is town, we may want to keep an eye on tomak. They are the only 2 on the original report that he could have lied about further.

Timeaisis

Okay. I did not really want to do this. But you have point. Will give you at least some information.

I am a private investigator. My role works kind of like a cop. I can check out people during the night to see if the are town of mafia. I don't get any information about their powers.

The problem is that I drink too much. So some nights I will not be able to use my power because I am out cold. Crab sends me a message each night.

I did not check out RHN yet. But I thought he may be Mafia. So I decided to keep my role a secret. To maybe have another night to check out another person.

The plot thickens...
OK, so what about last night? Did you use your power or not? Were you lying?

Zatoth

Fair enough. I am off to bed now.

I'll go with no lynch now. So if you decide to lynch me. Go ahead. At least you have two new confirmed townies after my death.

VOTE: No Lynch

Good night. Hopefully I will be alive in the morning. :D

Timeaisis

So, by traube's own admission, he was lying to protect his role.

Well, now I'm back to suspecting both of them are mafia again. This seems like a giant ruse to unvote for both of them and go after someone else. If trabue is actually town, its best not to lynch him tonight. As for RNH, I still say we string him up. traube or not, he's still the #1 candidate.

Palmer_v1

Well. While we process this:

Unvote: RobotNinjaHornets

First off though, you're telling us that in 8 nights, your ability has only triggered twice?

Timeaisis

Also...wtf traube

So. Back again.

But I don't really have much to add.

@Timeaisis: I understand that you suspect that Hornets and I are both Mafia. I would probably come to the same conclusion. So I can't really argue with you about that.

Problem is that I can not do much do defend my position aside from telling you that I am not Mafia. It is up to you to believe me or not.

What I can tell you again is that hornets is lying about last night. I did not target anyone.

That is why I am 100% certain that he is Mafia (or maybe some neutral role. But that is very unlikely. Don't think we have another neutral role besides Karkador.)

My guess would be that hornets used Lords role as cover. That is why Lord had to used that Doctor story. Would have been extremely suspicious if both of them had the same role.

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

This is fishy. Too fucking fishy.

El Topo

What is it with people coming "clean" so close to the deadline? I'm gonna call bullshit on his claims.

"I'm a private investigator, but just to be sure, I didn't use my ability the first night because of random Crab. I'm also going to tell you that two players are town and absolutely nothing else of value, even though I'll likely get murdered by mafia if I'm telling the truth."

How long until deadline? 40 minutes?

Palmer_v1

What is it with people coming "clean" so close to the deadline? I'm gonna call bullshit on his claims.

"I'm a private investigator, but just to be sure, I didn't use my ability the first night because of random Crab. I'm also going to tell you that two players are town and absolutely nothing else of value, even though I'll likely get murdered by mafia if I'm telling the truth."

How long until deadline? 40 minutes?

22:00 GMT, which I think parses out to... 6pm CST? I'm in Nebraska, which should be further proof that I'm innocent. A lot of you shifty mothafuckers are in NY and Europe though.

Are we going Traube then, or RNH? I'm still more inclined to go after RNH, but I do not want us to get into a tie on mistake.

El Topo

22:00 GMT, which I think parses out to... 6pm CST? I'm in Nebraska, which should be further proof that I'm innocent. A lot of you shifty mothafuckers are in NY and Europe though.

Are we going Traube then, or RNH? I'm still more inclined to go after RNH, but I do not want us to get into a tie on mistake.

As far as I'm concerned, traube is most definitely lying. Either because he's mafia or he's a tourist that tries to mislead us or the mafia.

Timeaisis

I think they are both mafia now. traube is just backpeddling a lot to try and save his skin.

One minute he's 100% positive RNH is mafia and that he was lying, votes to lynch him. The next he comes clean and says he was lying about that and RNH was telling the truth. What the actual fuck.

Palmer_v1

I think we need to leave it on RNH to be safe. Lynch Karkador tomorrow. Lynch Traube the next day.

Also, since we seem to have something going now, and don't need my secrecy confusing anything further. This is what's really going on with me:

Just kidding. Find out in 3 days!

vote:robotnninjahornets

It's just all too weird, but I think this is for the best. Everything about your defense has been last minute and always just enough for me to get "at ease"

We should find out soon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I only have mobile access atm, but this day is over. Update tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom