• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

I believe that's 4 votes so far. Zipped, Karkador, Palmer, El Topo. Need 6 to lynch.

I don't think there's anything left to discuss today. Let's get it done. In case I die, I fully advocate killing Traube tomorrow. At best, he's mafia. At worst, you have two more people you can mostly* trust.

*Beware of a Godfather type role that can show up as town on a cop's report.

I believe that's 4 votes so far. Zipped, Karkador, Palmer, El Topo. Need 6 to lynch.

I don't think there's anything left to discuss today. Let's get it done. In case I die, I fully advocate killing Traube tomorrow. At best, he's mafia. At worst, you have two more people you can mostly* trust.

*Beware of a Godfather type role that can show up as town on a cop's report.

That godfather role would likely also be the night time immune person...

Palmer_v1

Personally, I think it is far more likely that you are a hunter type character who has to always pick a target (during the day or during night time) and if you get lynched/killed, whoever you target also dies... Seven of the eight days you have voted to kill someone, and you always target someone at night which doesn't appear to do anything. The only two you didn't was day 1 where we all voted no lynch, and day 2. Day 2 is the only aberration to this voting pattern. Easily the two safest days to not "use" your ability during the day phase.

I personally still think you are town. I'm far more suspicious of others than you...

I hadn't considered a Hunter role. I'm not sure how that would work on forum games. In person, the hunter usually just picks a person to kill right after they've died. They're passive. I sort of assumed in this context, the hunter would still be passive. They'd just have to reply to Crab after he notified them of their death/lynching.

There are also other roles that randomly target at night, but they're even more rare and weird and unhelpful(to my goal yesterday)than sleepwalkers. Trust me, I spent like 3 hours trying to find roles I could claim after Staydead died that would explain how my threats were possible. Best I could come up with was a Jack of all Trades. They get 4 one shot abilities. A cop investigate, a block, a heal, and a kill. I was going to claim I investigated a now dead player on the night RNH found me, and leave the other 3 as options since they threaten the Mafia in various ways. In the end, since it felt like everyone trusted me to be Town, I decided no explanation was easier.

Palmer_v1

That godfather role would likely also be the night time immune person...

A Godfather would be an odd role if it turns out we don't have a cop at all. I guess the Night kill immunity makes sense as a foil to Karkador though.

I just want the town to be aware of the potential threats we still face.

Timeaisis

I don't have any reason to suspect Palmer. Why would a confirmed mafia target him? LoC did it, didn't he? He obviously wasn't protecting him, so the only reason would be to throw us off. But he did it before we knew Ultron had the role that he did.

Therefore, I conclude Palmer is most likely town or neutral.

As for Kark, I really want to hear his target before we lynch him.

Timeaisis

I mean, I could vote now, but I really want to know Kark's target. It seems like he's accepted his fate, though...

Kark? You out there. Any thing to say?

Zatoth

I am starting to think that Karka can or must not kill every night. Two nights with only one kill in a row? Seems very unlikely.

Maybe he already reached his goal and has to be lynched now to win?

Zatoth

Probably odd coming from me, who was for lyching him from the beginning. But now I don't think we should do it.

I think he wants us to and there is probably a reason for it that isn't too good for us.

Karkador

Banned
The problem is that there's no guarantee I'll be left alive, and it's easy to shed doubt on my claim. So killing me seems to be the most likely outcome , in which case I'm okay with taking this to the grave

Palmer_v1

The problem is that there's no guarantee I'll be left alive, and it's easy to shed doubt on my claim. So killing me seems to be the most likely outcome , in which case I'm okay with taking this to the grave

Yup. He can lie about the name just as easily as we can lie about not killing him after he gives it to us.

Palmer_v1

He's in a weird spot. He cannot win unless we lynch the night immune guy. He also can't win if we kill the remaining Mafia too quickly. Either way though, he needs to stay alive while directly or indirectly causing the death of at least 7 other people.

Unless we're vastly underestimating the Mafia's remaining strength, the town should be in a pretty good position to win at this point. Leaving Karkador alive will only weaken our position.

Karkador,

If you were left alive one more night, and did not know the identity of the person that you have been targeting for the last two nights, who would you target?

Zatoth

I am curious about that name. Not a fan of a serial killer. But I'd be okay to let him live if he gives us the name.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This a strange and amusing bargaining process to watch.

Palmer_v1

This a strange and amusing bargaining process to watch.

It's a waste of time! I feel like we're 2, maybe 3 lynches from victory, but we're bickering with a damn serial killer instead!

We should have lynched yesterday, lynched again on Friday or Saturday, and be finished with this game a week from now.

Timeaisis

Well, this is getting nowhere fast...

VOTE: Karkador

Sorry, Kark. You did well, but we can't let a serial killer hang around for any longer without some information.

El Topo

Desperately trying to stay alive longer, Kark? It's inevitable. Your death doesn't have to be pointless though. You can still give us the name of whoever you targeted.

MattyG

Banned
I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm veeeeeewy intrigued by the bargaining process that's happening right now though. Hmmmmmmmmm...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
And that's Karkador with the necessary votes. Day end coming shortly!

Zatoth

Nope, that's 6.

Heheheheh..

You're lying, I can count up to at least 23

FFCKvqr.gif

Tomaksatnav, MattyG, Kingkitty, Traube,

Are you four weighing your options on whether to Lynch, No Lynch? Are you not sold on Lynching karkador? Do you have other suggestions?

There are only 10 of us in the game. Please let us know what you are thinking about Lynching...

Top Bottom