• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

Had a similar idea myself, something sort of like Fringe with two separate games where players would be assigned a 'home' thread and each would have the standard split of natives/outsiders and getting voted out sent you to the opposing thread. Main issues being coming up with a sensible win condition and some way to permanently remove players (maybe only able to pass through a portal once, teams have to claim both sides). Would be a logistical nightmare. Would need to have a separate forum and give users per thread permissions with a new thread per day phase.

So I've heard of a were wolf variant with two villages. Both start off with an equal number of everything. Rather than lynching, you vote to send players to the other town. The point is to end up with a village that is entirely town.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want a JoJo themed Mafia with Stands and Ancient Mayan Supermen.

Haly

We give all our energy to Goku who spirit bombs one Z fighter every 3 days.

It probably wouldn't work, but I thought this might be interesting -

Certain people have Dragon Balls. If one of those people gets lynched, it goes to a random townie. If one of those people gets killed by a night action, it goes to whoever did that night action. The winning side is whoever ends up with all 7 Dragon Balls.

Kevyt

It probably wouldn't work, but I thought this might be interesting -

Certain people have Dragon Balls. If one of those people gets lynched, it goes to a random townie. If one of those people gets killed by a night action, it goes to whoever did that night action. The winning side is whoever ends up with all 7 Dragon Balls.

That sounds like a very interesting game mechanic. In addition to Haly's Spirit Bomb mechanic, this could be a great idea!

I will chime in and say that the the Mafia players of the game could be say, Androids from the Android saga? Because they look like regular humans, and saiyans themselves look like humans, it could be that certain players are saiyans, humans and androids. But no one is aware of this, it is only revealed to each and every one what they are. This would be interesting because an Android player could claim to be a regular human, while disguising him/herself in order to avoid being detected or something.

I don't know, I think the idea of a dragon ball mafia is neat.

MattyG

Banned
If there's ever 24 players in a game, someone could do Hunger Games mafia (original and Catching Fire Hunger Games, none of this Mockingjay military bs).

2 players to a district, each with a skill that ties into their district's speciality. 2 or 3 (so 4 or 6 players) of the districts would be the careers (mafia), and the rest would be normal contestants (town). Throw in a few roles with ulterior motives for some neutrals and you've got yourself a game of mafia.

Or just do a Battle Royale theme (don't know enough about BR to think of a setup for it).

Karkador

Banned
Or just do a Battle Royale theme (don't know enough about BR to think of a setup for it).

For a Battle Royale game, I'd really get pretty left-of-center from what Mafia is supposed to be.

I'd start with a grid like Animal Crossing (TBH, Battle Royale was on my mind when I was initially conceiving that part of the game), but the location of players would be hidden until they reveal it, or someone finds out some other way. Also, players would be forced to move squares at certain intervals.

There wouldn't really be a "normal villager", because everyone's 'role' would be their unique weapon (or just a pot lid and binoculars) that they keep hidden until they use it. This can get crazy, so a lot of this stuff would have to be Xshot.

Since it's a Last Man Standing type of thing, I don't think I'd have a "Mafia", just lots of bloodshed and hidden pacts formed between players who know they have to eventually betray each other.

For a Battle Royale game, I'd really get pretty left-of-center from what Mafia is supposed to be.

I'd start with a grid like Animal Crossing (TBH, Battle Royale was on my mind when I was initially conceiving that part of the game), but the location of players would be hidden until they reveal it, or someone finds out some other way. Also, players would be forced to move squares at certain intervals.

There wouldn't really be a "normal villager", because everyone's 'role' would be their unique weapon (or just a pot lid and binoculars) that they keep hidden until they use it. This can get crazy, so a lot of this stuff would have to be Xshot.

Since it's a Last Man Standing type of thing, I don't think I'd have a "Mafia", just lots of bloodshed and hidden pacts formed between players who know they have to eventually betray each other.

This... this sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Mazre

One hour till AC day 4 is scheduled to begin.

9unfFH5.gif

The worst thing is they do it at night. They don't get any damn sleep. No wonder we keep evicting townies, the people are so sleep deprived it's messing with their heads.

El Topo

The worst thing is they do it at night. They don't get any damn sleep. No wonder we keep evicting townies, the people are so sleep deprived it's messing with their heads.

The weak deserve to be evicted. Eat or be eat. Kill or be killed. Evict or be evicted. Live or let live. Wait, no.

Haly

The weak deserve to be evicted. Eat or be eat. Kill or be killed. Evict or be evicted. Live or let live. Wait, no.

So the fact that we all made it means... we're the strongest!

Kevyt

Nope.

It means y'all are opportunistic. Not always the strongest make it. Sometimes the strongest are the first to go. :p

Kids these days... argh.

El Topo

What on earth is going on in there. Jesus.

In all fairness, what else did anyone expect from a bunch of Rebel scum stranded on some crappy planet? Of course there's chaos without the Empire providing order and safety. All that Rebels can do is blow stuff up.

Mazre

Cheating in a duel in a forum mafia game. A wretched hive of scum and villainy indeed.

Voting activity recap should look pretty hilarious as well, feel kind of bad for MattyG having to sort all that.

Palmer_v1

Cheating in a duel in a forum mafia game. A wretched hive of scum and villainy indeed.

Voting activity recap should look pretty hilarious as well, feel kind of bad for MattyG having to sort all that.

I was just gonna say, good luck to whoever has to figure out where the votes actually are. Gonna need an impartial recount due to some hanging chads, etc.

Palmer_v1

I'm not sure if it's actually over until one of the Moderators calls time on us? What's that soccer thing where the game doesn't end when it should?

Mazre

I believe the rule in use currently is that after the time limit/majority reached, votes are no longer accepted. However discussion may continue until the moderator has declared the day is finished.

Edit: Though looking at Matty's rule post it doesn't appear to specifically call out the time limit, just the majority decision.

Top Bottom