• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Zatoth

lol

End of SW was crazy, then Traube dropped the bomb.

xkWnXMu.gif

Me during the last hour.

El Topo

You guys are absolutely crazy. Goddamn.

As fun as that may be, it doesn't seem very productive. It's like a bunch of people screaming at each other. They need some leadership, similar to e.g. what ultron (and Timeaisis) provided in the first Mafia game.
Rational discussion in a group instead of everyone following their own theory. Then again, this is much more fun, or to quote someone else " DANCE, MONKEYS! DANCE!". :D

CzarTim

As fun as that may be, it doesn't seem very productive. It's like a bunch of people screaming at each other. They need some leadership, similar to e.g. what ultron (and Timeaisis) provided in the first Mafia game.
Rational discussion in a group instead of everyone following their own theory. Then again, this is much more fun, or to quote someone else " DANCE, MONKEYS! DANCE!". :D

To be fair I feel like we did that for most of the day. It just fell apart in the last 30 minutes. I almost apologized to the readers for a boring day before chaos erupted.

Someone needs to fund sending the whole star wars mafia crew into some kind of Lord of the Flies situation. We would fucking murder the reality TV game.

Also our internet cut out about 15mins to deadline and my girlfriend was moaning about Netflix breaking while I'm like "I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT NETFLIX THE DEADLINE IS IN 15MINUTES AND EVERYONE HAS GONE FUCKING INSANE!". she went to bed.

CzarTim

Replaced over the night phase.

Sorry I didn't see that before posting in the other thread. I personally feel like this is unfair. We went 2 game days without a player participating at all, and now we have to get a read on a new player? I'll respect your decision either way, I just wanted to say that.

Zubz

Banned
Someone needs to fund sending the whole star wars mafia crew into some kind of Lord of the Flies situation. We would fucking murder the reality TV game.

I was gonna claim innocence, but then I realized that I totally went nuts at the end of the day today, too.

Also... Um... Double Irony, I guess?

MattyG

Banned
Sorry I didn't see that before posting in the other thread. I personally feel like this is unfair. We went 2 game days without a player participating at all, and now we have to get a read on a new player? I'll respect your decision either way, I just wanted to say that.
I know what you mean. I'll talk with Crab about it and see what he thinks about it.

Sorry about all that, I tried to get in contact and gave him time, but it has gone on way too long.

I would be cool with modkills of inactives after a certain amount of ingame days(like no replacments once Day 4/5 starts or something). At that point, there is a mountain of stuff a new player would possibly need to go through. Ppl that need to be replaced once the game starts should go on a gaf mafia blacklist/automatic bottom of next game's list or something as well :/.

Palmer_v1

I know what you mean. I'll talk with Crab about it and see what he thinks about it.

Sorry about all that, I tried to get in contact and gave him time, but it has gone on way too long.

It's cool. karkador has had to replace a few people as well. We're all still learning how this is going to work within NeoGAF. I'm personally in favor of replacements over killing, regardless of when it happens, cause let's be honest, an entirely inactive player is going to just be a generic townie the vast majority of the time.

Hey, we're on our 3rd replacement

Quit yo' whining

I'm thinking of writing an application that can run through a mafia thread and figure out the current vote total since it takes too long to do by hand.

Would anyone be interested in helping or have any thoughts on how to go about it?

Makai

I'm thinking of writing an application that can run through a mafia thread and figure out the current vote total since it takes too long to do by hand.

Would anyone be interested in helping or have any thoughts on how to go about it?
Regex

Scrape the HTML off of every page and then search for "vote"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You would program a page scraper using Python or something, give it the pages you want to look at, and then use (as Makai said) regex to count occurrences of votes and unvotes and which posters are associated with them by looking through each page's source code.

Don't ask me how to do this, though. I know the theory, not the implementation.

Makai

Actually, you could search for the highlight tags if you can get access to the markup.

Code:
/[*highlight*]([A-Z])[/*highlight*]\w+/g

Remove *

Top Bottom