• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Razmos

Animal Crossing thread:
giphy.gif

Y'all should have voted for Hobo.

El Topo

Remember that during the first Mafia round it seemed as if evil was going to prevail as well for the first few days. Nothing is lost yet.

Zubz

Banned
I would be interested in running a Danganronpa themed game, if that's a theme people would enjoy.

I'd be down for that theme. I mean, as soon as I heard about the series, the first thing I thought about was "It's literally Werewolf in a school setting."

I mean, if "getting shit done" means lynching all your own power roles, yes, you get shit done.

By definition, that counts. And hey, one of them was an Ordinary Rebel!

I don't know about Danganronpa or Animal Crossing, like, at all. I don't mind themes I don't get but it's more fun the more people who are going to be 'in on it' yknow?

I don't know anything about Star Wars, either, but I'm still having a blast hunting down Hutts and supporting the Rebel Alliance... Or the other way around; as a group, we've done a better job of that, regardless. The only problem I've had so far was a misuse of the term "Jedi" in terms of what they can and cannot do, leading to a flavor text-based accusation that got cleared up in a single post.

Animal Crossing's just about a neighborhood of animal-people living in harmony (Well, the games are), and Danganronpa's basically just Battle Royale-meets-Werewolf, so they shouldn't be too hard to pick up at all.

I'm getting the feeling that this town has a deal with the mafia to kick out the lowerclass "regular" townspeople. SMH a tragedy really.

Palmer_v1

I'd be down for that theme. I mean, as soon as I heard about the series, the first thing I thought about was "It's literally Werewolf in a school setting."

By definition, that counts. And hey, one of them was an Ordinary Rebel!

I don't know anything about Star Wars, either, but I'm still having a blast hunting down Hutts and supporting the Rebel Alliance... Or the other way around; as a group, we've done a better job of that, regardless. The only problem I've had so far was a misuse of the term "Jedi" in terms of what they can and cannot do, leading to a flavor text-based accusation that got cleared up in a single post.

Animal Crossing's just about a neighborhood of animal-people living in harmony (Well, the games are), and Danganronpa's basically just Battle Royale-meets-Werewolf, so they shouldn't be too hard to pick up at all.

I feel like I need to go play the danganronpa games before I get spoiled by a mafia game based on it. How similar to 999 are they?

Darryl

Banned
I felt like Salva was one of my few friends in that game. But they put the axe in my hand. Now I'm the one responsible. And now I'm all alone. That is no ordinary town.

Ourobolus

Banned
I felt like Salva was one of my few friends in that game. But they put the axe in my hand. Now I'm the one responsible. And now I'm all alone. That is no ordinary town.

I'm just waiting for Kark to reveal the Silent Hill sign he was hiding behind the Animal Crossing one in the OP.

Zubz

Banned
I feel like I need to go play the danganronpa games before I get spoiled by a mafia game based on it. How similar to 999 are they?

Maybe we could let people pick between the different games next time, then? Animal Crossing and Star Wars barely have anything left to spoil, but there're plenty of theme-settings out there that're still fresh and twist-laden. The GM could make the game itself spoiler-free, but someone might slip and reveal a twist. With DR, it's probably an inevitability

Palmer_v1

Maybe we could let people pick between the different games next time, then? Animal Crossing and Star Wars barely have anything left to spoil, but there're plenty of theme-settings out there that're still fresh and twist-laden. The GM could make the game itself spoiler-free, but someone might slip and reveal a twist. With DR, it's probably an inevitability

Nah, we don't need to discourage any potential moderators with limitations.

I'm still thinking about Gravity Falls werewolf myself.

Zatoth

Fuck, I just looked at when the night phase for Star Wars mafia ends. 6pm this Saturday. I will be getting ready to GM Star Wars: Edge of the Empire for my friends.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Shouldn't have told us that. You will probably be detained before your players will roll their first die.

RetroMG

Wow, a Danganronpa theme sounds amazing.

Wait, but a Gravity Falls Theme sounds fantastic.

An Ace Attorney Theme? Holy crap, I can't miss out on that.

Ahhhh! I CAN'T DECIDE!

(Head explodes)

Darryl

Banned
I'm just waiting for Kark to reveal the Silent Hill sign he was hiding behind the Animal Crossing one in the OP.

Me and SalvaPot, sitting outside our houses. "Things have been kinda strange ever since the Mayor up and left, eh?" We joke about, casually Apple-picking. It's just an ordinary day in Devillage.

The sky turns black.

"Anything is better than a No Evict" an oddly familiar voice says. I look to SalvaPot, happily picking away. A smile across his shy face. Strange. A chill creeps up my spine.

"Anything is better", another oddly familiar voice says. I can't place the voice. They grow louder, faster. Unrelenting. Just stop. Please. Anything. I glance back at my house. There has to be some way. I see my axe leaning against it. "Anything is better".

The screen goes black. I wake up in cold sweats. I sure hope Tom Nook has something for this.

Zatoth

Looks like we will have more game runner than players for the next rounds.

I am also thinking about running a game btw..

Shouldn't have told us that. You will probably be detained before your players will roll their first die.
"You don't understand guys, THEY'LL KILL ME!"

I should make them pick up passengers and just turn the whole session into a game of mafia as they try to figure out which passenger is really a Zann Consortium hitman, getting back at them for delivering mining droids to Jabba on Hypori. (last session) The twist will be a second hitman, sent by Jabba (because he lost to the Zann Consortium on Hypori).

Just send your kill command in early, scum.
Sarlacc: CzarTim

Wait, no, I just realized my post sounds like I'm outing myself or something. I just meant I won't get to know if I've survived until the next day! D:

I've got a bad feeling about our night phase for me. I may have flown too close to the sun...

Or maybe they're hoping I talk myself into an eviction. Certainly likely.

Swamped

Banned
Me and SalvaPot, sitting outside our houses. "Things have been kinda strange ever since the Mayor up and left, eh?" We joke about, casually Apple-picking. It's just an ordinary day in Devillage.

The sky turns black.

"Anything is better than a No Evict" an oddly familiar voice says. I look to SalvaPot, happily picking away. A smile across his shy face. Strange. A chill creeps up my spine.

"Anything is better", another oddly familiar voice says. I can't place the voice. They grow louder, faster. Unrelenting. Just stop. Please. Anything. I glance back at my house. There has to be some way. I see my axe leaning against it. "Anything is better".

The screen goes black. I wake up in cold sweats. I sure hope Tom Nook has something for this.

...did i just read a fanfic about neogaf members playing Mafia?

If so I want more.

Makai

You guys are missing the obvious theme: Super Mario Bros

Mario, Luigi, and Wario are Mafia
Yoshi is Serial Killer
Goombas and Koopas are Town

Everybody is familiar with Mario. Get to work, Blarg!

I think I've got some pretty fun ideas for a mafia game, no matter what the theme (though I've been writing them in the context of Danganronpa).

Gets me kind of excited...

SalvaPot

The sky turns black.

Its cold.

The night was cold for Darryl. He had to stay home, but he could hear it. Outside. Silence. Or noise? Noise. No. Silence.

It was worse than noise.

He had no intention of going outside. The old orders of the Mayor were clear. Everyone go home when is dark, Everyone stay safe. You may not be there in the morning, but that is just they way things are. Darryl stood.

And then, darkness.

What happened last night? Did he sleep? Did he go out? He couldn´t tell. A horrible memory was clouding his mind. It was not his fault, is it? How could he know? Did he knew? Maybe he knew... only God knows.

It was still dark outside. He found himself shivering. Closed his eyes, tried to go back to sleep, but the noise of silence was too much for him. He felt the silence was taking over his heart. But then, something warm was born from within.

"Its ok..."

He opened his eyes. He was still on bed. Nothing. He closed his eyes again

"I forgive you"

This time, he kept his eyes closed. He could feel it. What was done was done. He was not sure what he heard was real or just his imagination. Before thinking more about it, he went to sleep...

Kevyt

Its cold.

The night was cold for Darryl. He had to stay home, but he could hear it. Outside. Silence. Or noise? Noise. No. Silence.

It was worse than noise.

He had no intention of going outside. The old orders of the Mayor were clear. Everyone go home when is dark, Everyone stay safe. You may not be there in the morning, but that is just they way things are. Darryl stood.

And then, darkness.

What happened last night? Did he sleep? Did he go out? He couldn´t tell. A horrible memory was clouding his mind. It was not his fault, is it? How could he know? Did he knew? Maybe he knew... only God knows.

It was still dark outside. He found himself shivering. Closed his eyes, tried to go back to sleep, but the noise of silence was too much for him. He felt the silence was taking over his heart. But then, something warm was born from within.

"Its ok..."

He opened his eyes. He was still on bed. Nothing. He closed his eyes again

"I forgive you"

This time, he kept his eyes closed. He could feel it. What was done was done. He was not sure what he heard was real or just his imagination. Before thinking more about it, he went to sleep...

Make this a homo-erotic story plz! There's potential, a loooot. It'll make Tumblr stories look like a joke.

Salva and Darryl plz. D:

SalvaPot

Make this a homo-erotic story plz! There's potential, a loooot. It'll make Tumblr stories look like a joke.

Salva and Darryl plz. D:

Bromance please. Also I am dead.

No need to appeal to the lowest common denominator x). We are classy people in the Mafia thread.

Top Bottom