• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

SalvaPot

Ehhh... If you say so... ;_;

HippieHobo looked through the window of Darryl. He did not live there anymore, but he could watch. He could see. He could feel. He felt Darryl weeping under the sweet embrace of his batman sheets. HippieHobo wanted to comfort him. He was afraid to reach for him. Why if he doesn´t need him?

He let a long, heartfelt sight cross his ethereal lungs. His unconsciously crossed the window. Be could get in. He would get it.

Kevyt

Please continue, it's a very emotional and touching story.

giphy.gif

So I don't think Kark saw it (maybe I should send a PM), but I'll post here in case he checks here or someone else can help.

Foshy has been inactive for over a week. I don't think Kark has prodded him.

MattyG

Banned
I gave the replacement time to respond and they haven't, so I'm moving on to the next one. The end of the day may be dalayed a bit. Sorry for the hold up.

MattyG

Banned
If you still can't find one, I a friend of mine is interested in being a replacement.
I just messaged the next one on the list and their profile said they've been active today, so I think they may work. The last person I tried hadn't been active since May 26th, so I probably should've known.

Karkador

Banned
I just messaged the next one on the list and their profile said they've been active today, so I think they may work. The last person I tried hadn't been active since May 26th, so I probably should've known.

If it's squidyj, I already recruited them into my game (I also saw the same issue with the first person on the list looking inactive)

Zubz

Banned
Launchpad.
Launchpad.
Launchpaaad.....
Launchpad!

LAUNCHPAD!
does that mean it would be a bad idea to bring up an Archer theme then?

Brett dies night 0

Pokemon Theme.

pokeddex18__honchkrow_by_nanaga-d4jj27x.jpg

Seriously, every idea posted in this thread has gotten me excited, even Gravity Falls despite knowing nothing about it other than "Mystery Kids in weird rural town." And that the uncle's apparently the best character.

... Maybe we could make each role based on a different series? Like, Crisis on Infinite Mafias? Speaking of which, maybe a DC or Marvel Mafia could... nah. I should stop myself right now.

I can see it now. The day starts and traube posts first.

Override: MattyG

... Why didn't we think of this sooner?

Seriously, every idea posted in this thread has gotten me excited, even Gravity Falls despite knowing nothing about it other than "Mystery Kids in weird rural town." And that the uncle's apparently the best character.

... Maybe we could make each role based on a different series? Like, Crisis on Infinite Mafias? Speaking of which, maybe a DC or Marvel Mafia could... nah. I should stop myself right now.

Like any good crossover, we need the buildup

RetroMG

I was trying to think up a Food Network themed mafia the other night, then I realized that was insane.

I'm still available as an alternate. I know I'm on the list.

I promise not to be too Blarg-y.

Karkador

Banned

Sorry! D: We've had a lot of disruption from deadbeat players and player replacements, so I wanted to make sure to get someone active.

So I don't think Kark saw it (maybe I should send a PM), but I'll post here in case he checks here or someone else can help.

Foshy has been inactive for over a week. I don't think Kark has prodded him.

Yeah, I sent him a message today. *sigh*

I'm leaning against modkilling inactive players. I don't think it's fair to the active players, and there's no way to do it democratically...not unless it's just letting players vote them out during the Day, as usual.

MattyG

Banned
Well, the third person on the backup list hasn't responded yet either. Looks like the night is going to be delayed a bit. I really don't want to mod kill, but that's what it may come to. I don't know who to move on to next, since the list Crab posted stops at the third option.

Kalor

With the next set of games we'll need to find some way to ensure that people are active. With returning players it isn't much of a problem but more for the new players with the exception of one or two. Maybe checking account activity beforehand would be the easiest way to do so.

raindoc

Well, the third person on the backup list hasn't responded yet either. Looks like the night is going to be delayed a bit. I really don't want to mod kill, but that's what it may come to. I don't know who to move on to next, since the list Crab posted stops at the third option.

can't we just continue like normal until you find a replacement? let's get this over with.

I think there are some people who have volunteered to play in this thread fairly recently and if push comes to shove and you still don't want to modkill maybe you can ask one of the brutally murdered dearly departed members of Devillage Ass to fill in.

MattyG

Banned
I think there are some people who have volunteered to play in this thread fairly recently and if push comes to shove and you still don't want to modkill maybe you can ask one of the brutally murdered dearly departed members of Devillage Ass to fill in.
I think you're right. I'm having a hard time finding who would be next in line though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
With the next set of games we'll need to find some way to ensure that people are active. With returning players it isn't much of a problem but more for the new players with the exception of one or two. Maybe checking account activity beforehand would be the easiest way to do so.

It's not so much ensuring that people are active, as properly communicating that Mafia is actually a huge time commitment. It's not something you check in once every week to make a post.

It's not so much ensuring that people are active, as properly communicating that Mafia is actually a huge time commitment. It's not something you check in once every week to make a post.

I'm not sure how much further the mods could have gone without having people sign a binding contract. I thought the fact that it was a huge commitment was made abundantly clear.

I think ppl just said forget it wne they saw they had a role they didn't like, which sux. You can still have fun with non power role.

Zubz

Banned
If that's what everyone wants to do. I just know some people thought it was unfair to whichever team they're on.

I'm good with getting someone new. If we have people wanting to play, it just feels wrong to waste a spot while others are waiting. But I can see how picking someone new can be a pain. Ultimately, I trust your judgment.

MattyG

Banned
YesNOnoNOYes actually does appear to be next on the list, and since they seem to be a fairly active Gaffer I'll send them a PM and start the day phase right now.

I've started the day right now even though I haven't recieved confirmation from YesNOnoNOYes yet. I expect them to reply soon though, so we might as well get this show on the road.

Top Bottom