• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Sorian

Banned
Try now, Squidy. Everything was done right, but I reset it to double check.

(Why, yes, I'm managing Outer Gafia on a cell phone outside of Thunder Mountain. Best admin? Best admin.)

When you do space mountain, have thoughts of me and then it'll be like I'm there.

squidyj

Try now, Squidy. Everything was done right, but I reset it to double check.

(Why, yes, I'm managing Outer Gafia on a cell phone outside of Thunder Mountain. Best admin? Best admin.)

EDIT: It's under Gafia Season 4 - it's the topmost category.

Okay it just showed up now, dunno why it didn't before.

Sorian

Banned
I'm wondering: Would it be pretty much impossible to balance a game where Mafia have the same number of players as Town?

Make the mafia different factions. The cthulhu game wasn't an even split but at the start there were 5 scum and 3 lost partners in a 23 person game. So about 35% scum if you count it all up together.

Edit: So to clarify, there were 3 teams: town, scum team A, and scum team B. Scum team B was a secret to everybody until one of them got killed. So everyone went into the game thinking it was just regular town vs. scum.

FluxWaveZ

Make the mafia different factions. The cthulhu game wasn't an even split but at the start there were 5 scum and 3 lost partners in a 23 person game. So about 35% scum if you count it all up together.

Edit: So to clarify, there were 3 teams: town, scum team A, and scum team B. Scum team B was a secret to everybody until one of them got killed. So everyone went into the game thinking it was just regular town vs. scum.

Ah, interesting, thanks. I'll have to check how that game went; sounds fun.

Sorian

Banned
Ah, interesting, thanks. I'll have to check how that game went; sounds fun.

If you end up reading the thread, first off, I apologize for mine and Blarg's one billion posts. Second, there are only 21 names in the opening post but there are 23 players, it'll make sense.

RetroMG

When you do space mountain, have thoughts of me and then it'll be like I'm there.

Nooooooo. Me and Space Mountain are not friends. Tall man + dimly lit rafters coming toward my face = no.

It's currently redesigned for Star wars, which is cool, but meh. I'll go watch the episode 7 trailer in the Captain EO theater again instead.

Okay it just showed up now, dunno why it didn't before.

Yeah, just happens. Don't know why.

Coppanuva

Nooooooo. Me and Space Mountain are not friends. Tall man + dimly lit rafters coming toward my face = no.

It's currently redesigned for Star wars, which is cool, but meh. I'll go watch the episode 7 trailer in the Captain EO theater again instead.

Yeah, just happens. Don't know why.

I guess that's an ok alternative, as long as you realize it's still only the 2nd best thing to ever grace that screen. I'm totally stealing Captain EO for next Mafia game.

RetroMG

I guess that's an ok alternative, as long as you realize it's still only the 2nd best thing to ever grace that screen. I'm totally stealing Captain EO for next Mafia game.

Captain EO is amazing. No argument from me. But damn if Path of the Jedi didn't build some hype. It's a ten minute recap of SW 1-6 (mainly focusing on Luke's journey, so the crap parts of the prequels are mostly skipped,) followed by the Episode 7 trailer.

RetroMG

So you guys go to an amusement park and........ Watch trailers for upcoming movies. OK then?

It's kind of a ride... Kind of. It started out as a very, very early 3d film with Michael Jackson as a space adventurer, but they have extra lighting effects in the room, the floor rumbles and moves, air shoots out at you... It's cooler than it sounds. Makes the film more immersive.

The original film was in the 80s, and it came back for a while, back when Michael Jackson died. Since then, they've used it for previews of upcoming Disney films, but still with all the extra effects.

(Honestly, I would pay money to watch a full film with all the extras.)

Right now, that whole corner of the amusement park is all Star wars. An older roller coaster now has X-wings, there's a place to meet Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett, and then there's the film.

He probably clapped at the end of the trailer too.

I did not!

...but other people in the theater totally did.

roytheone

It's kind of a ride... Kind of. It started out as a very, very early 3d film with Michael Jackson as a space adventurer, but they have extra lighting effects in the room, the floor rumbles and moves, air shoots out at you... It's cooler than it sounds. Makes the film more immersive.

The original film was in the 80s, and it came back for a while, back when Michael Jackson died. Since then, they've used it for previews of upcoming Disney films, but still with all the extra effects.

Right now, that whole corner of the amusement park is all Star wars. An older roller coaster now has X-wings, there's a place to meet Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett, and then there's the film.

I did not!

...but other people in the theater totally did.

To be fair, in "de efteling" there is a 3D theater that is kind of the same thing, only it focuses more on nature documentaries. It has an ape throwing fruit at the screen and they actually trow fruit in the audience.

Coppanuva

Oh man, you all NEED to see Captain EO. It's legitimately really enjoyable for what it is. George Lucas executive produced it and has some crazy puppets. Also Michael Jackson has this amazing shirt that I want. I actually really wish I could do a Captain EO costume for Halloween (though I'm way too pale to look good in a white suit, maybe I could color inverse it and tell people I was Captain OE...)

It's also all on youtube! And only 20 minutes long!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAvMkZQBIXk

Honestly, I really want to get subbed into another scum team. Scum teams are sooo much fun

Problem is that I would probably get subbed in after the cop investigated me or something, and then the damn town would purposefully screw with me and wait till the end of the day to reveal his results

squidyj

new ded persons ohooooooooooooooooooi

let me know if any of you wants to be on replacement list

zankyu

put me in coach!\

Oh yeah, Jailor win rate/execution rate in Town of Salem still going strong.

jailor or mayor in the hands of a strong player is silly. with mayor though you've got to get people to cooperate and day phases are short so you have to work fast, push random votes to stall for time while people whisper you.

Sorian

Banned
I hate being mayor in town of salem, I don't reveal until day 3. Revealing any earlier and I just can't take notes fast enough.

rassleGAF mafia, not wrestling mafia, but rassleGAF mafia.

Everything must be communicated in wrestling GIFs

giphy.gif

All of Sorian's would just be people monologuing.

I'm here thinking who is zankyu? Ohhh... :p

Zankyu for updating end of the day vote list in nightvale!

I would have done it but you doing it makes it more official.

Zanks! Best mod ever!

o/

hogyaaaaaaaaa seath *_______* you are so cute amg

best sloth everrrrrrr

Gorlak

Banned
Please help me.

I think I'm becoming Sorian.

The beanie is too strong

Halp plz

---
No, but seriously I need another way of writing posts. Instead of blasting the quickest thoughts out, maybe I should try and bundle them?

Please help me.

I think I'm becoming Sorian.

The beanie is too strong

Halp plz

---
No, but seriously I need another way of writing posts. Instead of blasting the quickest thoughts out, maybe I should try and bundle them?

Often times I find myself replying to a BUNCH of posts with a BUNCH of different thoughts. Just bundle a bunch of them up

Except sometimes I finish one reply and am too eager, hit the submit reply button, and suddenly I have an annoying quadruple post

RetroMG

Night Vale Night 4 will be extended by 24 hours, and will end at 11:00 AM Mountain Time on 12/8/15. Apologies for any inconvenience.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Night Vale Night 4 will be extended by 24 hours, and will end at 11:00 AM Mountain Time on 12/8/15. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Which mountains? Pyrenees, Alps, Carpathians?

Palmer_v1

I'm off to buy Xenoblade.

This is likely the last time any of you will see me.

YesNo said she will run my game if needed, but it will require a theme change to Weredingoes.

Who else is getting it? Share your NNID's or whatever they're called. I'll edit mine in later.

Top Bottom