• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Coppanuva

Knock yourself out, it was more meant as a joke but if you want to make it real, be my guest. Just make sure the best team doesn't win to really capture that mario party feeling!

I will do my best to make sure the winner is whoever gets luckiest at guessing and manipulating whatever insane bullshit I put into the game. I dunno if it'll actually happen, but I'll at least play around with the idea.

How do I request an outer gafia board to play around with the idea?

Palmer_v1

Y'all mothafuckers talking about Risk and Monopoly need to get to the Board Game thread and find Jesus. You want to ruin a friendship? Place the robber on my Wheat one more fucking time. I dare you.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all mothafuckers talking about Risk and Monopoly need to get to the Board Game thread and find Jesus. You want to ruin a friendship? Place the robber on my Wheat one more fucking time. I will cut you.

Settlers of Catan is dull and tedious and everyone hates playing it but nobody can escape the Lovecraftian groupthink that established it was a "good game".

There, I said it.

RetroMG

I will do my best to make sure the winner is whoever gets luckiest at guessing and manipulating whatever insane bullshit I put into the game. I dunno if it'll actually happen, but I'll at least play around with the idea.

How do I request an outer gafia board to play around with the idea?

I'll make one later today, when I make the fifteen hundred other boards people have requested. ;)

Feel free to keep requesting. This was a joke.

Sorian

Banned
Settlers of Catan is dull and tedious and everyone hates playing it but nobody can escape the Lovecraftian groupthink that established it was a "good game".

There, I said it.

I only played it once but I enjoyed my time with it. Sorry Crab.

Palmer_v1

There, I said it.

Show me where the bad person robbed you, Crab.

You're not wrong, but it's still one of those almost universal experiences among board gamers

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Show me where the bad person robbed you, Crab.

You're not wrong, but it's still one of those almost universal experiences among board gamers

I don't know, I'm never sold on most board games. I dislike almost anything with a dice/RNG/shuffled deck/etc. mechanic; I'm really in most games for the human interplay. I rate Diplomacy, love it, but I'm not sure there's much else that appeals to me.

Palmer_v1

I don't know, I'm never sold on most board games. I dislike almost anything with a dice/RNG/shuffled deck/etc. mechanic; I'm really in most games for the human interplay. I rate Diplomacy, love it, but I'm not sure there's much else that appeals to me.

I play mostly co-op board games for that reason. Can be social without direct antagonism. Luck affects everyone, etc.

squidyj

Okayyyyyyyyy......

I want to change my quantum mafia to a more standard game of mafia but with a different ruleset to normal games. It will also be Clone High themed since Samurai Jack works too well with a merlin setup to use it on anything else.

Palmer_v1

Okayyyyyyyyy......

I want to change my quantum mafia to a more standard game of mafia but with a different ruleset to normal games. It will also be Clone High themed since Samurai Jack works too well with a merlin setup to use it on anything else.

Those things are kinda of mutually exclusive. I have no idea what clone high or merlin means in this context.

I play mostly co-op board games for that reason. Can be social without direct antagonism. Luck affects everyone, etc.

My first time playing Shadows of Camelot (a co-op board game), my friend showed me the ropes, then halfway through revealed himself as the traitor and proceeded to win.

squidyj

Those things are kinda of mutually exclusive. I have no idea what clone high or merlin means in this context.

it's not some role madness or bizarre game is what I mean, but there are rule changes that do not alter the general flow of the game, I'm not going to talk about them.

clone high is.... this

Merlin/Avalon. There's a Town aligned merlin role who knows who all the baddies are, and there's a Scum aligned Mordred role. Even if scum loses if mordred can guess Merlin's identity at the end of the game, scum wins.
There can be additional roles, like percival who knows who merlin is, and morgana who appears as merlin to percival (he is told about 2 merlins and he has to figure out which is which).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
it's not some role madness or bizarre game is what I mean, but there are rule changes that do not alter the general flow of the game, I'm not going to talk about them.

clone high is.... this

Merlin/Avalon. There's a Town aligned merlin role who knows who all the baddies are, and there's a Scum aligned Mordred role. Even if scum loses if mordred can guess Merlin's identity at the end of the game, scum wins.
There can be additional roles, like percival who knows who merlin is, and morgana who appears as merlin to percival (he is told about 2 merlins and he has to figure out which is which).

I don't think a Merlin/Avalon set would be fun to play. It would be very frustrating for all the rest of town to be robbed of a win by the incompetence of one player. You can play around e.g. a bad cop, you can't really play around a bad Merlin.

Palmer_v1

clone high is.... this

The assassin is who chooses, not mordred. Mordred is the one who isn't seen by Merlin, I think.

I don't think a Merlin/Avalon set would be fun to play. It would be very frustrating for all the rest of town to be robbed of a win by the incompetence of one player. You can play around e.g. a bad cop, you can't really play around a bad Merlin.

Also, yes. We've stopped including Merlin because it so often ruins games.

My first time playing Shadows of Camelot (a co-op board game), my friend showed me the ropes, then halfway through revealed himself as the traitor and proceeded to win.

Hidden traitor games are my jam!

BSG, Shadows of Camelot, Dead of Winter, Betrayal at House on the Hill, etc. Depends on the players though. Some people just really dislike the idea of betrayal.

squidyj

Sounds like some fairness for the scum team. One truly bad scum player can lose the whole game for his team but people don't seem to complain.

Palmer_v1

Sounds like some fairness for the scum team. One truly bad scum player can lose the whole game for his team but people don't seem to complain.

Bad scum can usually be corrected secretly by their team in their forum.

I'm not saying you can't make it work, but I have no idea how. There are mafia set ups that do include some type of super important King though. I don't have enough forum mafia experience to vouch for that kinda thing.

Coppanuva

Oh it's awesome. I played it when I was younger but a friend got me into the digital edition that's on PC and tablets. Best part is if one person owns the expansion packs, then everyone can use them in an online multiplayer game. :3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247000/

Steam version goes on sale pretty often.

Oooh that's cool! I think I have the steam version, I should boot it up and if I enjoy it might pick up the Android version more.

Sophia

Oooh that's cool! I think I have the steam version, I should boot it up and if I enjoy it might pick up the Android version more.

Android version is identical, save for some few touchscreen specific options. Great for car trips.

Sadly yes. Game is so weird. Feels like 75% of what I do doesn't actually matter.

Yeah, it can get a little bit random, especially if you add constant amounts of expansions. I played one game where I kept constantly getting turned into a toad. :<

Kawl_USC

Munchkin lead to me and my cousin almost getting in a fist fight, so that's my suggestion for the friendship breaker of board/card games.
He deserved it though, he was totally bullying a younger player into continuing to accept offers for help when they had already made a decision...

Karkador

Banned

There are lots of games along the lines of Diplomacy. Negotiation games are quite fun.

Droplet

Also, yes. We've stopped including Merlin because it so often ruins games.

I was wondering about this before, how do you even play with roles if you don't include Merlin? Every role in the game revolves around Merlin existing in the first place.

truefax: I'd probably want to run a game of Resistance instead but I've never actually played it.

Also Shadows over Camelot is amazing.

Droplet

Cthulhu for me was like 90% talking in the side forum and 10% talking in the actual thread.

Wasn't dead to me. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Sawneeks

Banned
Y'all mothafuckers talking about Risk and Monopoly need to get to the Board Game thread and find Jesus. You want to ruin a friendship? Place the robber on my Wheat one more fucking time. I dare you.

If you guys really want to test a friendship to its' limit I recommend Twilight Imperium. Aka, 'what do you mean a short game is only 7 hours long?' The Board Game.

I actually really enjoy it but finding people with the patience and free time to play is really hard. :(

also fuck the robber, i was 2 wood away from finishing my project and getting longest road.

If you guys are going to do anything Mario Party related, it needs to be the Bowser Party mode of Mario Party 10, where someone(read: Yeeny) attempts to fuck everyone else's shit up through riddles and puzzles galore

What

Why me!

Were you thinking of dear blargi????

...am...am I blargilike????

O____O

So I am planning out a game, with some unique roles/mechanics. Splinter and Cabot have both seen my ideas. But does anyone here have experience with balancing games of mafia? Because I will definitely need help with balancing at some point.

Also I really REALLY hope I am in Death Note mafia.

Other mafia games I'd like to see: The World Ends With You, Game of Thrones.

guys, lets start talking about future games (mid-season and main games)

currently we have the following:

1. Super Mario (Makai) - was in the run for S4 main game
2. The Loving Lovers Love Boat (Burbeting) - was in the run for S4 main game
3. Danny Phantom (Terrabyte20xx) - was in the run for S4 main game

4. Disneyland after dark (Retro) - mid-season
5. Frog Fractions (Kristoffer) - mid-season
6. Gafia 2: The Wedding of Swamped (Swamped) - mid-season
7. Final Fantasy Mafia (ScraftyDevil) - mid-season?
8. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Crab) - mid-season
9. Avalon (Droplet / Rats Off To Ya) - mid-season
10. Death Note: A Turn-Based Page-Turner (Karkador) - mid-season?
11. Battle Star Galactica (Royal Flush) - main game?
12. Batman (roytheone) - main game?
13. Samurai Jack Quantum Mafia (squidyj) - mid-season
14. Record Store Mafia (cabot) - main season
15. No Frills Mafia (yeenz) - mid-season

So, firstly, i think those who had run a game previously should give chances for those who hasn't run a game. That means, Crab, Karkador, and Retro's games are given lower priorities to run. Is this agreeable? Yes/No~

Secondly, the games who had run for S4 main games should be given higher priorities to run as mid-season games. So, burb, makai, terrabyte, when one or more of the S4 games wraps up and there's enough players, do you want to run yours as a mid-season game? And, are they ready to go ? Let us know :3

And finally, if there's any games that i'm missing, tell me so I can include it in the list, the ever growing list of doom

Also, having said that, my mid-season game is ready to run... upupupupupu~ i need victims~ ... it can run with 10-16 players, and it is a NO FRILLS MAFIA. No power roles on either sides, players will exit through lynches and night kills only ... >:3

RetroMG

So, firstly, i think those who had run a game previously should give chances for those who hasn't run a game. That means, Crab, Karkador, and Retro's games are given lower priorities to run. Is this agreeable? Yes/No~

Secondly, the games who had run for S4 main games should be given higher priorities to run as mid-season games. So, burb, makai, terrabyte, when one or more of the S4 games wraps up and there's enough players, do you want to run yours as a mid-season game? And, are they ready to go ? Let us know :3

And finally, if there's any games that i'm missing, tell me so I can include it in the list, the ever growing list of doom

Also, having said that, my mid-season game is ready to run... upupupupupu~ i need victims~ ... it can run with 10-16 players, and it is a NO FRILLS MAFIA. No power roles on either sides, players will exit through lynches and night kills only ... >:3

1. I am all right with being pushed down the priority, since I just ran a game.

2. I agree that people who proposed a main season game for S4 and didn't get to run one should have top priority.

3. I am willing to be a victim for no-frills mafia, but I don't promise to be any good at it.

Hah, I can only imagine, 16 people sign up but only 15 get to play. Unlucky person gets a role PM saying they are the doctor and have been killed already.

I was actually thinking it would be sort of the catalyst for the game and that nobody would have the role, but that's much funnier.

Top Bottom