• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

sk3tch

Das-J or anyone from Zipper can you comment on what network ports MAG uses? I have run an nmap scan against my PS3 every night while I play and the UDP port range is very wide.

I have setup:

UDP 6200-6500
UDP 61000 - 62000 (would like to clean this up)
UDP 59100 - 59300

Each night it has been different...it's a bit frustrating. I'm willing to open whatever necessary ranges but it just seems to be grabbing from a really wide range.

Here's my first post on it with a bit more info (this is back when I thought I had it figured out...heh) - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19359280&postcount=253

J-Rzez said:
I understand you guys hate snipers since they pick you off before you're in range to do something back, but like it or not, myself for example going 35-2 is positively helping our team. Same can be said of someone like Click that has pulled off some crazy numbers for someone in the fray. People act like if you have a good KDR you're not doing what you're supposed to. Rushing a point all game long dying in a hail of fire/mines is not helping out your team.

You seem to be on some kind of sniper ego trip so it's pointless to attempt further conversations on this subject.

Great job on the OP, though.

obonicus said:
The thing is, not necessarily. Let's take the following hypothetical situation:
The rest of your squad is afraid of being shot (happens a lot) and sits back, trading ineffective potshots with defenders, and you're a damned good sniper. You find a nice vantage point, settle down, and start killing folks near the objective. Because your team is useless, no one's capturing the objective. The enemy keeps repopulating the objective, you keep on killing them. Your K/D shoots right up.

Are you actually helping your team? Only slightly more than your useless squadmates who won't take advantage of the openings you're creating. And in my experience, this isn't that huge a stretch.

Sniping's useful, but only if you have decent people in front-line positions. Without those front-line rushers, you don't get anything done.

Maybe snipers deserve more points, but really the sniper rifle itself is usually a good incentive for players. There are plenty of bad snipers out there and they really add zero to a team, as opposed to a bad medic, who at least might save you a trip from the spawn point.

MAG's unusual in that it doesn't cost you much to be a medic, you still get to carry most of the cool toys, but without a serious incentive people won't play medics. Or they'll just save their shots for themselves, and not risk needing to wait for a recharge when they're in trouble. I'm not talking about clans, but about pubs. Clan-play is always different, but in clan play who cares about points? You care about winning.

As to people saying that points should be based on squad/plattoon performance, that'd be the quickest way to get people to never try the game again. If you play with strangers, how often are they just useless? I can already see new players struggling with what seems like vast amounts of experience needed to progress, based on the 50xp new players will probably get in their first few matches.

That's true, but there are different flavors of KDR. If you're doing 1:3 you're probably not helping much, at best you're soaking bullets. But if you're in the fray, doing 3:1 or 2:1 might still be a really good KDR, but nothing compared to your 17:1. Hell, 1:1 might actually be good if you have a good medic getting you back on your feet and keeping you at/near the objective.

Great post dude. I was going to post something very similar so thanks for saving me some time ;)

J-Rzez said:
I understand you guys hate snipers since they pick you off before you're in range to do something back, but like it or not, myself for example going 35-2 is positively helping our team.
Ha. It sounds like you are trying to convince that to yourself, more than to us.

deepbrown said:
We won! =D 128 Euro journalists beat Zipper! Woo hooo!

But the same guy won two PSP's for being best player twice >_<
He lives down the road from me. I learnt this while standing in the queue.

Also, my interview was with someone from Sony in the end, so some interesting stuff (especially with patching) but not everything you guys wanted to know could be asked.

And Wes, my notes did have your headset question. :p

...also I so totally ruled the Twitter screen.

JonathanEx said:
Also, my interview was with someone from Sony in the end, so some interesting stuff (especially with patching) but not everything you guys wanted to know could be asked.
Is it up yet?

templeusox said:
Is it up yet?
Not yet. I kind of missed my train last night. And am on one now. I'M ON A TRAIN ON WI-FI. I'm so amused. Only 10 mins before my stop though, sadface.

Oh, he wouldn't give any specifics on expansion content. But they plan to. With patching, they can change stuff on the server, or patch some stuff just by themselves, or change stuff on the servers. So not everything will take as long as say, MW2.

Safe Bet

Banned
Ze_Pershing said:
You seem to be on some kind of sniper ego trip so it's pointless to attempt further conversations on this subject.
Listen...

This "archers/snipers are pussies" argument has been going on for over 3000 years.

IE

Spartan Infantrymen thought Athenian Archers were cowards.

French Heavy Cavalry (Nobles) despised English Long Bowmen (Commoners)

English Officers considered the tactics of American Long Rifleman dishonorable.

Etc...

It's a part of war.

Either adapt and learn to counter or put your guns in the ground and go pick up a plow.

Edit:

PS

Not all of us snipe from the back lines.

M14 + Scope + Bird Dog = I will stay with you 'till the end

Vinci

Danish
Safe Bet said:
PS

Pretty much this. But, oh well... Tell you what, folks: I end up buying this game and joining Raven GAF, I will never once equip a sniper rifle. We get pinned down, we'll dig our way through it over time. I'm with you.

Violater

Vinci said:
Pretty much this. But, oh well... Tell you what, folks: I end up buying this game and joining Raven GAF, I will never once equip a sniper rifle. We get pinned down, we'll dig our way through it over time. I'm with you.

I see many posts of frustration and anger in your future.

elohel

uhhh sooo when are the reviews supposed to be up? isnt the game coming in a week or so?

not seein any reviews up yet....bad sign no?

i thought the game was pretty good, felt very solid overall, and i cant wait to buy it but....im curious about how others will receive it

Violater

elohel said:
uhhh sooo when are the reviews supposed to be up? isnt the game coming in a week or so?

i thought the game was pretty good, felt very solid overall, and i cant wait to buy it but....im curious about how others will receive it

IIRC they are embargoed till next week.
Their scores don't matter to many here I would hope, who have already made up their minds.

depward

I understand the importance of the sniper role in games like this... I just suck at sniping, so I'm the dude in the trenches trying to get to the objective, running out, drawing fire, causing mayhem so that inevitably someone else can go and cap the objective.

My thinking is this:

If you're the kind of sniper that moves around, finds different vantages, and doesn't just sit right near our spawn, then I think that's an effective sniper. It helps pin down the opposition, to make them hesitant to push forward.

There's a fine line between too many snipers and not enough; it's a dynamic mix to the battlefield. If we're finding that the opposition has dug down deep in our territory, we need front line individuals to dig down deep to try to push them back along with some snipers to help. As we start to win the territory battle, some snipers need to then roll as front lines, helping the push. That being said, you still need a sniper to give that sense of uncertainty to the opposition.

elohel

Violater said:
IIRC they are embargoed till next week.
Their scores don't matter to many here I would hope, who have already made up their minds.

yeah ive already made up my mind, im pretty sure im gonna get it, just gotta ....get money lol

and ahhhhh kk to the embargo

why do they do that? what is the deciding factor in when an embargo ends and begins?

elohel said:

From a magazine editors point of view, the reviews are problematic because of the online nature of the game. Sure, we've played the beta, but that's not enough and review sessions really give you just few hours on each map so...this is a game, that our mag's gonna simply review after it's out and we've played it with tons of people. Of course, I'd love to have the review in the mag in timely fashion, but tough with an online only game.

Game's definitely shipping on time, most of us already have the european retail copy.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
For the 10000000000 time, I have NO problem with enemy snipers. Learn to read people!

Vinci said:
That's not what we're trying to say. If the situation calls for it, and if it ACTUALLY benefits your team, then go for it!

My problem is with stubborn snipers, that won't do a shit to help the team and just sit on their arses even if their team is losing. AND with snipers that boast about their KDR to show what a great asset they are to their teams. Yeah right...

Safe Bet

Banned
depward said:
There's a fine line between too many snipers and not enough; it's a dynamic mix to the battlefield.

Inanna said:
My problem is with stubborn snipers, that won't do a shit to help the team and just sit on their arses even if their team is losing. AND with snipers that boast about their KDR to show what a great asset they are to their teams. Yeah right...

That's one of the advantages of playing within a "hardcore" community.

Useless Snipers didn't last long in SOCOM II.

Also...

I'm just thinking out loud here, but...

What if squad leaders had the ability to restrict and/or assign classes?

Violater

Inanna said:

Just sounds to me like Raven sucks :lol

fight fight fight

Safe Bet said:
I'm just thinking out loud here, but...

What if squad leaders had the ability to restrict and/or assign classes?

No terrible idea, I have enough problems with random Squad leaders not knowing their ass from their elbow. Resulting in me rolling up the kick button.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Violater said:
I see many posts of frustration and anger in your future.
Actually... It'd be best not to become a career sniper if you're Raven. I know because I started off as one! There aren't any decent sniper positions on Raven map, unlike SVER. God, their maps are a wet dream for a sniper that is mostly after KDR. Same for Valor Sab match. I haven't played many Dom and Acq from Valor's point of view, and the times that I did, I only used their AR.

MidnightRider said:
What the fuck is up with everyone being in Raven?

We need some people in Valor...........

:lol , don't worry I got a couple of responses from people that were in ValorGAF during the open beta as well as a new member that is a Gaffer from my friends list.

Also we really have to wait for the game to come out.

Violater

Inanna said:
Actually... It'd be best not to become a career sniper if you're Raven. I know because I started off as one! There aren't any decent sniper positions on Raven map, unlike SVER. God, their maps are a wet dream for a sniper that is mostly after KDR. Same for Valor Sab match. I haven't played many Dom and Acq from Valor's point of view, and the times that I did, I only used their AR.

How much longer will you wine about SVER's maps?
I find it pretty easy to nullify most snipers from any faction during the beta.
I generally scoured the perimeter with my assault rifle+silencer and took them out.
Seriously SVER is not as invincible as everyone wants to believe.

elohel

so have a majority of socom people moved to MAG? will that be the other game they play besides socom now?

if so, do you guys think that MAG will move outside the usual 16k player base that a lot of ps3 games seem to capture?

or will it only have 16k(yeah, ONLY enough to play whenever you want lol)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Safe Bet said:
That's one of the advantages of playing within a "hardcore" community.

Useless Snipers didn't last long in SOCOM II.

Also...
I guess you're right. The fact that this game is so close to release and we've only had regulars from beta (mostly) post in it's official topic says a lot about the community.

Safe Bet said:
The most satisfaction a sniper can have is watching the other team's snipers change class.

;)

Seriously...
Oh I know, sometimes I do that without changing classes, ATAC + 4xscope + silencer is amazing. Sniper hunting is fun.

Violater said:
How much longer will you wine about SVER's maps?
I find it pretty easy to nullify most snipers from any faction during the beta.
I generally scoured the perimeter with my assault rifle+silencer and took them out.
Seriously SVER is not as invincible as everyone wants to believe.
What? Whine? I'm beginning to think you didn't play Raven for long, because if you had you wouldn't be accusing me of "whining" every single time I mention that Raven maps are *different*.

The point that I was trying to make that you obviously didn't get, was that being a sniper may work for other factions (didn't you notice I mentioned Valor up there too? Why are you so quick to defend poor SVER's honor?) because of their map layouts, even then it would only boost their KDR, mostly. Where did I say anything about them being invincible? Quit being so paranoid. I love SVER snipers, it's so fucking fun hunting for them!

Noshino

Inanna said:

What are you talking about? there are decent sniper positions on Raven's Sabo, but for the other team... :lol

There was this pair of SVER snipers last night that were at the top of B sniping people at C, funny thing is that they just kept coming and coming :D

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Noshino said:
What are you talking about? there are decent sniper positions on Raven's Sabo, but for the other team... :lol

There was this pair of SVER snipers last night that were at the top of B sniping people at C, funny thing is that they just kept coming and coming :D
For Raven silly. :p Well, there are a few okay-ish sniper positions but not as good compared to other factions. Yet most Raven snipers insist on sniping on that map.

Actually Acq has one or two decent sniping positions on the map with hills behind the bunkers on top of the wooden house thing. I remember from the time when I used to snipe. :p It CAN work, but mostly it's better to have the sniper up there to scout instead of kill (just in case the enemy is rushing you). Because once you fire, they'll see you and know where you are.

Safe Bet said:
Listen...

This "archers/snipers are pussies" argument has been going on for over 3000 years.

IE

Spartan Infantrymen thought Athenian Archers were cowards.

French Heavy Cavalry (Nobles) despised English Long Bowmen (Commoners)

English Officers considered the tactics of American Long Rifleman dishonorable.

Etc...

It's a part of war.

Either adapt and learn to counter or put your guns in the ground and go pick up a plow.

Edit:

PS

Thanks for that little history class, junior but what's your point. I am not against snipers.

depward said:
There's a fine line between too many snipers and not enough; it's a dynamic mix to the battlefield. If we're finding that the opposition has dug down deep in our territory, we need front line individuals to dig down deep to try to push them back along with some snipers to help. As we start to win the territory battle, some snipers need to then roll as front lines, helping the push. That being said, you still need a sniper to give that sense of uncertainty to the opposition.
Exactly this, especially the bold.

One of the best uses for a sniper in MAG imho is to slow down or harry the enemy. If you've got a bunch of enemies running at a full sprint from their spawn or objective into the fight, all it takes is one solid hit or two to get the whole squad to panic, stop and break for cover. This can add valuable time to your team, free of reinforcements to either fully take an objective or to set up a better defense. Stuff like this is very situational though. So to those players out there looking to snipe: Play Smart! Its not purely about kill count.

Violater

Inanna said:
The point that I was trying to make that you obviously didn't get, was that being a sniper may work for other factions (didn't you notice I mentioned Valor up there too? Why are you so quick to defend poor SVER's honor?) because of their map layouts, even then it would only boost their KDR, mostly. Where did I say anything about them being invincible? Quit being so paranoid. I love SVER snipers, it's so fucking fun hunting for them!

Not paraniod, just itching to get on the battlefield, all this talk is getting to me.
The shakes have become unbearable, walking around looking for frago points, splashing the dog with blue mouthwash to revive him. Its terrible this wait :(

Madman

sk3tch said:
Playing the guys from Zipper was probably pretty rough. :lol

To add to the sniper debate, I can see where both sides are coming from. My issues with people sniping is that their much vaunted kills/deaths ratio means less in an objective based game. Also, they tend to hang back and offer minimal support when trying to capture/take back/defend a point. Having people healing, reviving, and planting mines at crucial points are all very important for winning and a sniper tends to have little involvement in this. A lot of the snipers out there will do nothing but find a perch and pick off targets, which can be helpful, but if they don't get their hands dirty, it usually can bite teammates in the ass when there aren't enough people defending or attacking a point. Too many times in MAG I have seen one enemy make it through and capture a point, when that could have been prevented if the one or more snipers on the team got down there and helped get the point back.

Violater

"zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:
Valor won the Domination Shadow War in the last open beta and Raven was in 2nd place. SVER was in last.
So they're not ALWAYS on top :)"

"zpr_DunhamSmash wrote:
Honestly, there are imbalances for all three factions from map to map; part of the trick is getting them as fair as possible, and it's not an overnight fix -- finding out what the exploits/problems are over repeated plays is how we tidy them up.

Beta version 5 (the one being used for the IGN tournament) isn't reflective of the final game, though -- there are differences in there that we'll talk about next week sometime.
Jeremy Dunham
Sr. Comm Manager, Zipper Interactive"

I wish there was a mode where after you lost your map you had to fight to get it back.
Like a timed TDM mode with a set number of tickets.

Violater said:
Not paraniod, just itching to get on the battlefield, all this talk is getting to me.
The shakes have become unbearable, walking around looking for frago points, splashing the dog with blue mouthwash to revive him. Its terrible this wait :(

Hold your pants tight soldier, just few more days. you can DO IIIIT!

Kowak

Banned
has the IGN beta stopped? i inserted my game but it doesnt allow me to create a raven-elite sver-scum-killing-operative. hope it just because the servers are closed and i can create one when it launches in america on the 26th.

P.S the intro video is pretty sweet.!!!!!!

sk3tch

Kowak said:
has the IGN beta stopped? i inserted my game but it doesnt allow me to create a raven-elite sver-scum-killing-operative. hope it just because the servers are closed and i can create one when it launches in america on the 26th.

P.S the intro video is pretty sweet.!!!!!!

IGN beta goes until 3AM ET Saturday morning. I am guessing it requires:

A) That your PSN account is authenticated with a IGN tourney key.
B) That you're launching MAG via the "Beta" download.

Just a guess though. I know you have a retail CE (bastard) so that may be your prob. :)

J-Rzez

Ze_Pershing said:

Great job on the OP, though.

Nope, sick of the ground pounders putting down snipers once again acting like they're worthless, when in fact most of the time they just hate that they're in play because even when they talk about it you can tell where their frustration is really coming for.

obonicus said:
The thing is, not necessarily. Let's take the following hypothetical situation

I never had that experience. From what I can tell, snipers clearing the path makes your team more confident when they're watching the other teams players and sniper die repeatedly in front of them, helping them out having less people to worry about shooting them on their way to the objective.

We can make up another hypothetical situation though, one where the run and gunners never make it to the objective because they're dead before they come close to it, or that they're by the objective, but see an enemy running the other way from it and decide to go chase them for a kill. So it goes either way. Once again, I'm just tired of people acting like snipers are worthless. If I go ~30-0, I think I deserve more points than what I get now. It's obvious in this game that if you go that high, you're in the action, and not just camping a corner on the steps with a shotgun.

deepbrown

JonathanEx said:
He lives down the road from me. I learnt this while standing in the queue.

And Wes, my notes did have your headset question. :p

...also I so totally ruled the Twitter screen.
"tweet tweet I'm a bird?" :/

TheFallen

Well, the IGN tourney is almost done and having tried MAG for many weeks I have a few opinions/suggestions on how to make the point system better. So I wrote something up that I will probably post over at the official forums for Zipper to see and anyone else can discuss.

1) Increase Major Victory Bonus: If a match is won quickly, the winning team should get some sort of substantial bonus. Hopefully to stop players from wanting to farm experience by prolonging matches or by letting the other team get to C purposely.

2) Decrease FRAGO Bonuses: While on one hand it can reward players for sticking to their correct assigned areas, virtually any kill on the battlefield should be considered beneficial to a team. There are tons of players that use alternative routes or flank, of course killing them is just as important to the ones bum-rushing objectives. The FRAGO bonuses for using medical kits around the objective would then also be trimmed, stopping players from boosting in this way.

3) Increase Engineer Experience: It's piss-poor, they already have to deal with uselessness in some modes, so give them a reason to spend points on this.

4) Add a Killstreak Experience Bonus: No matter what you think of players who have great k/d ratios, you can't ignore the fact that they're valuable assets to teams. In war, you want your soldiers alive, as long as possible. Heavy casualties should be deterred. Give them some reward for staying alive. It will stop players from rushing in Rambo style willing to get themselves killed. Players will play more strategically with this bonus.

5) Duration-based Experience for Completing Objectives: I don't mind the single player bonus for completing an objective, but this is a team game. The entire team should get something like a 1 point bonus every 30 seconds for holding an objective. I would say only the assigned squads, however that will just lead to squad leaders changing FRAGOs often purposely.

What do you guys think? I think these would solve many of the issues we have in this thread over medics, snipers, engineers, and rambos.

Kowak

Banned
TheFallen said:
Well, the IGN tourney is almost done and having tried MAG for many weeks I have a few opinions/suggestions on how to make the point system better. So I wrote something up that I will probably post over at the official forums for Zipper to see and anyone else can discuss.

1) Increase Major Victory Bonus: If a match is won quickly, the winning team should get some sort of substantial bonus. Hopefully to stop players from wanting to farm experience by prolonging matches or by letting the other team get to C purposely.

5) Duration-based Experience for Completing Objectives: I don't mind the single player bonus for completing an objective, but this is a team game. The entire team should get something like a 1 point bonus every 30 seconds for holding an objective. I would say only the assigned squads, however that will just lead to squad leaders changing FRAGOs often purposely.

What do you guys think? I think these would solve many of the issues we have in this thread over medics, snipers, engineers, and rambos.

I like 1, Raven GAf had great finishing times against Valor but in the end it means we would have got more Xp had we prolonged it. I would welcome a system where you got more points the quicker you won.

I love 5, playing against zipper yesterday i held down F in domination for about 5 minutes, with some help from my team in the end, but all of it was for nothing as they recaptured it in the end and won the game. We held down F for the longest time out of all of the squads and it would have been nice to have been rewarded, especially had we won and i held it till the end i would have only got the same amount of points as someone who secured it for a minute.

J-Rzez said:
I never had that experience. From what I can tell, snipers clearing the path makes your team more confident when they're watching the other teams players and sniper die repeatedly in front of them, helping them out having less people to worry about shooting them on their way to the objective.

We can make up another hypothetical situation though, one where the run and gunners never make it to the objective because they're dead before they come close to it, or that they're by the objective, but see an enemy running the other way from it and decide to go chase them for a kill. So it goes either way. Once again, I'm just tired of people acting like snipers are worthless. If I go ~30-0, I think I deserve more points than what I get now. It's obvious in this game that if you go that high, you're in the action, and not just camping a corner on the steps with a shotgun.

Not worthless but also not significant enough as you think. If you go 30-0 than good for you but why would you expect more points is beyond me. To make it fair then I want extra points for 30 healed/revived people, I think it's an accomplishment and because of my healing I feel we turned the tide and won the game therefore I want more bonus points for that. Now do you see your selfish way of thinking?

As to you hypothetical situation.
1. It could be true after first spawn, after that if enemy won't adjust to situation than they deserve to lose to few snipers because they're too stupid to think of other ways to accomplish their objective. If by that you mean that 3 or 4 snipers turned the tide then good luck few months from now when only good players will still be playing the game.

2. If enemy decides to not follow the objective and decides to go solo after snipers they will not get frago points nor team points, will they?

J-Rzez said:
Nope, sick of the ground pounders putting down snipers once again acting like they're worthless, when in fact most of the time they just hate that they're in play because even when they talk about it you can tell where their frustration is really coming for.

I know we haven't played together yet but if you think I get frustrated by couple of sniper kills you are terribly terribly wrong hehe.

Click

Banned
Man this thread has so many people talking out their asses.

From what I hear, TONS of Zipper employees are dedicated snipers and they can easily pin the opposing team down with ease.

People talking shit about snipers are either a) sick of being sniped, b) doesn't know how to snipe, and/or c) has never seen a good sniper snipe.

P.S. yes Inanna, you're STILL whining about map imbalance.

Kowak

Banned
Click said:
Man this thread has so many people talking out their asses.

From what I hear, TONS of Zipper employees are dedicated snipers and they can easily pin the opposing team down with ease.

People talking shit about snipers are either a) sick of being sniped, b) doesn't know how to snipe, and/or c) has never seen a good sniper snipe.

P.S. yes Inanna, you're STILL whining about map imbalance.

Zipper did lose to european journalists so there tactics were not great yesterday:D :D :D :D

p.s. i dont mind snipers as long as when i tell one of them to cover my ass when i run to resupply or somewhere that they actually do it!!!!!!!!!!!

sk3tch

If you guys are into this sort of thing (Facebook applications), this is pretty cool:

http://www.jointheshadowwar.com/

I typically hate these kinds of apps but I am such a MAG whore that I allowed it all the access it required. It's a survey plus a little sniping game to determine which PMC you should join. It was a pretty fun diversion.

P.S. told me to join S.V.E.R. - way ahead of you, quiz! :D

Kowak

Banned
sk3tch said:
If you guys are into this sort of thing (Facebook applications), this is pretty cool:

http://www.jointheshadowwar.com/

I typically hate these kinds of apps but I am such a MAG whore that I allowed it all the access it required. It was a pretty fun diversion.

i was going to but the access required seemed a bit much for my liking. it seemed MAG could spy on me whenever they wanted.

Click

Banned
Kowak said:
Zipper did lose to european journalists so there tactics were not great yesterday:D :D :D :D

p.s. i dont mind snipers as long as when i tell one of them to cover my ass when i run to resupply or somewhere that they actually do it!!!!!!!!!!!

No. IGN lost to Eurogamer. And that was only the forum goers, not the actual editors / employees.

Zipper DESTROYED both of them.

TheFallen said:

2) Decrease FRAGO Bonuses: While on one hand it can reward players for sticking to their correct assigned areas, virtually any kill on the battlefield should be considered beneficial to a team. There are tons of players that use alternative routes or flank, of course killing them is just as important to the ones bum-rushing objectives. The FRAGO bonuses for using medical kits around the objective would then also be trimmed, stopping players from boosting in this way.

3) Increase Engineer Experience: It's piss-poor, they already have to deal with uselessness in some modes, so give them a reason to spend points on this.

4) Add a Killstreak Experience Bonus: No matter what you think of players who have great k/d ratios, you can't ignore the fact that they're valuable assets to teams. In war, you want your soldiers alive, as long as possible. Heavy casualties should be deterred. Give them some reward for staying alive. It will stop players from rushing in Rambo style willing to get themselves killed. Players will play more strategically with this bonus.

#4 is nice, music is a nice touch when you're on a streak but some sort of point bonus would be even nicer. I bet it would Rzez a much happier person.

#2 Frago points should be reduced to 3 in my opinion.

I love #5

deepbrown said:
"tweet tweet I'm a bird?" :/
Twitter is a tweet, get it. I'm so witty, me. Almost as good as the one about 'looking down on you all'. And the pun.

That's the price you pay for an uncensored screen.

Click said:
No. IGN lost to Eurogamer. And that was only the forum goers, not the actual editors / employees.

Zipper DESTROYED both of them.
But EARLIER in the day, they had journalists and some community members. And we won that shit.

Also I have to say every time the VOICE OF MAG spoke at the event I was let down he didn't finish every sentence with "mmHMMM"

Operatives go back to your battlestations... mmHMMMM!

Top Bottom