• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Click said:
But yeah, I agree. Zipper needs to tweak the XP given to medics and snipers.
Medics shouldn't get so many points for revivals and heals.
The XP system is intended to compensate for real life tendencies. If all things are equal, everyone is going to want to kill, no one is going to want to heal. You need to overcompensate in order to encourage healing. Frankly, I love when there are 1 or 2 guys on my team who specifically seek to revive or heal anyone who is shot. If they farm XP, so be it. It's better than the alternative of having everyone trying to rack up K/D.

TheFatOne

Click said:
J-Rzez is one of (if not) the best snipers I've seen so far in MAG beta.
Dude goes apeshit sometimes and scares the other team to death (literally).
It's nice to have a great sniper on any team. In fact, I believe every squad needs at least 1 or 2 good snipers.

Sure, they need some XP to encourage people to help out fallen teammates, but as it stands now, people that primarily do most of the killing (and therefore, winning), keeping the enemies from storming objective areas, aren't getting enough XP.

Me and J-Rzez constantly get insane K/D ratios and are the major reason why our teams win games. However, at the end of the day, if we don't stick around the frago area and/or be medic whores, there's no way we can be top 3 in points at the end of the game.

I know this game isn't about who gets the highest K/D ratio, but it shouldn't be about being a revive / heal bot either. I hope Zipper does something about this soon.

The problem is that if you don' give people incentives to play as a medic they won't. They have to find a way to encourage people to work together. I would rather have people being medic whores than not having people play as medics.

theBishop

Banned
templeusox said:
The XP system is intended to compensate for real life tendencies. If all things are equal, everyone is going to want to kill, no one is going to want to heal. You need to overcompensate in order to encourage healing. Frankly, I love when there are 1 or 2 guys on my team who specifically seek to revive or heal anyone who is shot. If they farm XP, so be it. It's better than the alternative of having everyone trying to rack up K/D.

Totally. The medic xp reward is perfect. I would like to see tweaked rewards for engineers though. More points for successful completed repairs, definitely.

J-Rzez

Click said:
J-Rzez is one of (if not) the best snipers I've seen so far in MAG beta.
Dude goes apeshit sometimes and scares the other team to death (literally).
It's nice to have a great sniper on any team. In fact, I believe every squad needs at least 1 or 2 good snipers.

Sure, they need some XP to encourage people to help out fallen teammates, but as it stands now, people that primarily do most of the killing (and therefore, winning), keeping the enemies from storming objective areas, aren't getting enough XP.

Me and J-Rzez constantly get insane K/D ratios and are the major reason why our teams win games. However, at the end of the day, if we don't stick around the frago area and/or be medic whores, there's no way we can be top 3 in points at the end of the game.

I know this game isn't about who gets the highest K/D ratio, but it shouldn't be about being a revive / heal bot either. I hope Zipper does something about this soon.

Awww shucks... you're not so bad yourself :p

But here's an example we ran into. Even Click, who is in the fray at the frago can get into the MVP ratings, but there's so many times there's people in there that double or sometimes triple his XP by running in there just spraying people to get the frago points. It's not like he doesn't have a med kit either. You will get these games where these people are just openly admitting to XP whoring, and they never take out their weapon. There is a flaw there for sure.

What's going to happen as well is in the other modes people are going to continue doing this and there's going to be a lack of mechanics out there repairing stuff. I do enjoy those modes though, I get to then at least run Sniper/Mech since med is kind of wasted on snipers.

TheFatOne said:
The problem is that if you don' give people incentives to play as a medic they won't. They have to find a way to encourage people to work together. I would rather have people being medic whores than not having people play as medics.

They just need to help normalize the XP gains that's all. Bump up the other roles to at least be competitive in XP. Otherwise you're going to see more of those games we're talking about with the heal bots that would get rid of their weapons if they could carry more med kits. :lol

You can't have the majority of the team running to spam heals for points rather than actually shooting back. And once those fighting get headshotted by a LMG or blown up by a grenade, and you have just those medic people running around, there's trouble.

TheFatOne

J-Rzez said:
They just need to help normalize the XP gains that's all. Bump up the other roles to at least be competitive in XP. Otherwise you're going to see more of those games we're talking about with the heal bots that would get rid of their weapons if they could carry more med kits. :lol

You can't have the majority of the team running to spam heals for points rather than actually shooting back. And once those fighting get headshotted by a LMG or blown up by a grenade, and you have just those medic people running around, there's trouble.

Yea I understand where you are coming from, but you are a camping punk. There are a ton of heal bots in this tournament. It's so annoying when they heal you in front of 5 enemies just so they can get 10/20 points. They have to increase the amount of points you get for kills I think especially when you are sniping.

Inanna Dan said:
Engineers deserve extra rewards much more than snipers.

It all depends on the sniper. J-Rzez has saved my ass so many times in this tournament. Some snipers are worth their weight in gold because the help the team so much.

Edit: It would be better if they increased the points you get for kills and repairs. Hmm increasing the amount of points you get for repairs would create its own set of problems.

J-Rzez

Inanna Dan said:
Engineers deserve extra rewards much more than snipers.

Sucks when all you're trying to do is run around and shoot people in the open when a sniper picks you off huh? Or when you're trying to plant a bomb on a bunker and a sniper is defending it and pops you in the head before you can.

Snipers: Ruining run-n-gunners fun who have zero environmental awareness every day.

TheFatOne said:
It's so annoying when they heal you in front of 5 enemies just so they can get 10/20 points. They have to increase the amount of points you get for kills I think especially when you are sniping.

That's what they're all doing, hoping you're there to take another shot so they can feast off of your misfortune :lol

How about just removing the whole idea of giving points for kills, heals, repairs, etc, and only give team-wide bonuses for the objectives & Fragos?

No use trying to kill for points, or heals, or any of that stuff. Whatever you do, whatever role you take, its all about whether you take the objective, or defend against it. Putting XP directly on the objectives and not on the actions doesn't do enough to reward heros over the mundanes, but it does put the focus on team objectives where it belongs.

I know this isn't ever happening. Its just a thought experiment.

Oh and J-Rzez, I'm not a run and gunner, and I do appreciate a good sniper, but those are rarer than fucking unicorns. Maybe one sniper out of twenty is worth more than a grunt imho.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Huh, I've never come across medic bots before. Useless snipers fending for themselves only? Plenty of those out there. Way more than medic bots. Dying over and over ain't fun...even for XP medic whores. Most people, even medics, enjoy killing more than just healing.

J-Rzez said:
Sucks when all you're trying to do is run around and shoot people in the open when a sniper picks you off huh? Or when you're trying to plant a bomb on a bunker and a sniper is defending it and pops you in the head before you can.

Snipers: Ruining run-n-gunners who have zero environmental awareness every day.
Uhhh, no....

I do hate it when people in *MY* (I should bold it for you sniper whores!!) team do not go out there and help take the objectives. I love hunting enemy snipers though, knifing their arse while their busy aiming, especially on Raven Sab match. Fun times. :)

PS: I'm not a run and gunner.

Kowak said:
If you see a blond male in early 20s with a blue arsenal hoodie representing IGN and getting very frustrated as random grenades and rockets kill him, then it is most likely me!!!
I might see you. I'll be there during the day for the launch bit (12 - 6), and I think IGN vs Eurogamer is 7:30 onwards? I think I'll be at the bar around then. Either way, this is me, I'll say hello if I spot you.

I've been making notes of the questions, there's no embargo on them but there's the limits of me getting anything written up or uploaded, sooo... 24 hours time you'll hopefully have answers to some of them :p

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
J-Rzez said:
That's what they're all doing, hoping you're there to take another shot so they can feast off of your misfortune :lol
And just a moment ago you said we play with shitty snipers. Looks like SVER has a shitty over-enthusiastic medic problem then. I've seen maybe one or two guys like that, hell, it wasn't as bad even when medics used to get 15XP. You'd be lucky to have somone revive you when playing with randoms..

Wes

venison crêpe
J-Rzez said:

That hardly ever happens to me because I look to see when the medic is coming to revive me ready to spray bullets whilst I run to the nearest point of cover.

Awareness is the key!

TheFallen

I have a sneaking suspicion that the bulk of you are jaded about medics based on a small minority of players using it to boost. A couple of you have played with me on Raven and SVER and know I don't. I consider myself a decent player, very helpful to my fellow teammates (except for Click, I let him down often), yet there are some games where I can pull this off:

igvo5z.jpg

Looking at the score, you can see I clearly did quite a bit of healing/resuscitates (sorry for not taking a shot of the breakdown, this was a game from the weekend) but I definitely made my contribution to the team's win. So why the bad reputation for Medics? I'm going to have to say that the problem isn't with the amount of experience given to medics, but rather FRAGO bonuses. If it weren't for soaking up FRAGO bonuses non-stop, a score like that would not be achievable. I like the idea of FRAGO, but it's the root of the problem here for Snipers (and for everyone hating Medics). The solution would be to decrease the bonuses given for being in FRAGO zones.

Violater

Snipers bitching about points?
Screw that, you camp in the bushes take the scraps you get.
As for medics getting 10 points, the point system is just fine.

tokewitch

Is this old?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/01/mag.ars

"We're also promised a text-based system to communicate, so even team-members without headsets will be able to participate. While organizing large numbers of gamers has never been an easy task, it's certainly a good thing when a developer tackles the problem head-on and shoots for the stars. MAG is coming to the PlayStation 3 on January 26."

J-Rzez

I see the term "camping" is confusing to many players. People use it as the new "scrub" or "noob" as well.

Sniping is not camping, it's what snipers do. They find an area to roam that overlooks an objective area.

Camping is when someone with a shotgun lays down on the steps of an obscure part of a map that doesn't help the team one bit and kills one or two people per game to stumble across that section.

Camping is also used by people to say, "They're camping A". No... they're defending.

90% of the time when I see people complaining about snipers, I notice in game that they're running in the open, or to the same spot they just got sniped at, wondering why they keep dying. If you guys here don't do that, then sorry, don't take it personally, and it doesn't apply to you. But the vast majority of the time, it's the run and gunners, or just bad players that complain about snipers.

It's funny. I post on another board dedicated to a sport's team. The audience there is much more casual. We have a videogame sub-forum. Someone on that board randomly asked me today, who is friends with me on PSN, what is this MAG Beta you've been playing so much of? I explained it in a thread in as much detail as possible and it's generated quite a lot of interest. I had never even broached the issue, because the MW2 thread is like 60 pages long and I didn't dare intervene in the MW2 love. But several people have said it's exactly what they are looking for in an online FPS. Just something to think about when talking about the potential market for the game...

Vinci

Danish
J-Rzez said:
90% of the time when I see people complaining about snipers, I notice in game that they're running in the open, or to the same spot they just got sniped at, wondering why they keep dying. If you guys here don't do that, then sorry, don't take it personally, and it doesn't apply to you. But the vast majority of the time, it's the run and gunners, or just bad players that complain about snipers.

This. Also, regarding Null's suggestion: I think it's actually a good way to go - limiting experience based upon overall performance of the squad, not the platoon. [Lord knows, your squad could easily be grouped with total fuckwits.] This would encourage organization (ie. clan membership, to ensure you're with skilled and competent people) and remove any sense of personal padding through k/d ratios and the like.

And I keep seeing people mention that folks wouldn't heal if they weren't rewarded for doing so, and I'm sorry but... if they are healing their squadmates simply to boost their own experience, then who the hell wants those people around anyway? Healing is vital to success in this game. Those who do it stand a helluva lot better chance of winning than those who don't.

I'm actually totally cool with nixing the whole individualized experience setup. Just have it based upon squad performance. If someone isn't assisting in objectives, kick him.

theBishop

Banned
templeusox said:
It's funny. I post on another board dedicated to a sport's team. The audience there is much more casual. We have a videogame sub-forum. Someone on that board randomly asked me today, who is friends with me on PSN, what is this MAG Beta you've been playing so much of? I explained it in a thread in as much detail as possible and it's generated quite a lot of interest. I had never even broached the issue, because the MW2 thread is like 60 pages long and I didn't dare intervene in the MW2 love. But several people have said it's exactly what they are looking for in an online FPS. Just something to think about when talking about the potential market for the game...

It's a nice fusion of Enemy Territory (one of my all-time favorites) and Modern Warfare. Although the map design is not as good as Enemy Territory, in my opinion.

J-Rzez

templeusox said:

It has a variety of things to do, tons of depth compared to other shooters, and once again compared to most other shooters it's very-very teamwork dependent. This is what I was looking for in a shooter, something with a grander scope and scale. It's great stuff. I'm actually shocked we haven't seen more games like it this gen. I really expected things to progress from last gen, and early this gen.

J-Rzez said:
I see the term "camping" is confusing to many players. People use it as the new "scrub" or "noob" as well.

Sniping is not camping, it's what snipers do. They find an area to roam that overlooks an objective area.

Camping is when someone with a shotgun lays down on the steps of an obscure part of a map that doesn't help the team one bit and kills one or two people per game to stumble across that section.

Camping is also used by people to say, "They're camping A". No... they're defending.

Campers are, by my definition, people who stay at the same location, even though battle is being bought somewhere else, with their target not being the welfare of the team, but their KDR.

Had my little brother over tonight, and noticed a chinks in this games armor. This game is not "noob" friendly, the old socom elitism etc. Is in full force. I never experienced it before tonight, as I started when everyone did.

He wanted to start a fresh guy to mess with, so he deleted mine and rerolled on the other factions. People are dicks to the lower levels. I see this being a big barrier for the mainstream. He rolled with it and understood, because we have been socom gamers since part 1. Just worried about it for the "legs" of the community.

I just hope we faced some bad eggs tonight, but knowing the typical zipper crowd. This will turn a lot of people off. Also as a SVER diehard. Watching my brother play against you in Syr tonight. Fucking tough.

The_Reckoning said:
Had my little brother over tonight, and noticed a chinks in this games armor. This game is not "noob" friendly, the old socom elitism etc. Is in full force. I never experienced it before tonight, as I started when everyone did.

He wanted to start a fresh guy to mess with, so he deleted mine and rerolled on the other factions. People are dicks to the lower levels. I see this being a big barrier for the mainstream. He rolled with it and understood, because we have been socom gamers since part 1. Just worried about it for the "legs" of the community.

I just hope we faced some bad eggs tonight, but knowing the typical zipper crowd. This will turn a lot of people off. Also as a SVER diehard. Watching my brother play against you in Syr tonight. Fucking tough.

Turn on the headset --> Place it somewhere you don't hear it.

Problem solved!

Lagspike_exe said:
Turn on the headset --> Place it somewhere you don't hear it.

Problem solved!
True, plus I just realized the tournament will attract the "hardcorest" of the hardcore. So hopefully retail will be more forgiving. I just want a strong, large community. This game deserves it!

Wes

venison crêpe
HMV UK Exclusive Pre-order offer - Pre-order MAG and receive a code to get an in-game Raven Skin (character outfit) & Raven Theme (to personalise your PS3 menu screen) (Code will be emailed on week of launch).

So that's the Raven option there. Still no sight of a headset bundle.

Raven Theme. The two other team's themes are here and here.

sk3tch

Vinci said:
I'm actually totally cool with nixing the whole individualized experience setup. Just have it based upon squad performance. If someone isn't assisting in objectives, kick him.

I don't see how people can be cool with that. The individualized experience in MAG is what keeps people working towards the objectives. Not the people that are in clans and mic'd up...but the random people that have no mic, are playing solo, etc. - the individualized experience nudges/pushes them towards the overall objective areas set by the leader and rewards them for working in that area.

jorma

is now taking requests
Wes said:
HMV UK Exclusive Pre-order offer - Pre-order MAG and receive a code to get an in-game Raven Skin (character outfit) & Raven Theme (to personalise your PS3 menu screen) (Code will be emailed on week of launch).

So that's the Raven option there. Still no sight of a headset bundle.

Raven Theme. The two other team's themes are here and here.

Well if anyone orders this but would prefer the SVER preorder bonuses i'll be up for a trade, since SVER is what i'm getting.

I really enjoy all the different ways this game can be played.

I spent a few matches just running around repairing the AA guns after they had been destroyed. Only bad part was seeing a squad parachuting in on the other side of the wall and I'm all by myself.

Wes

venison crêpe
jorma said:
Well if anyone orders this but would prefer the SVER preorder bonuses i'll be up for a trade, since SVER is what i'm getting.

I heard somewhere else is doing all three faction bonuses in the bundle rather than one specific side. I forget where though. Might be zavvi or something shady like that.

jorma

is now taking requests
Wes said:
I heard somewhere else is doing all three faction bonuses in the bundle rather than one specific side. I forget where though. Might be zavvi or something shady like that.

Hmm, my shop also has the collectors edition that includes all three skins rather than just the one. It costs 10 euro more than the normal edition though. Could this be what you are referring to?

Either way, i have to get this from .se since i want it on release day more than i want the correct skin =)

Kowak

Banned
sk3tch said:

sweet well looking forward to it. Still got 3 hours to go till they let me in to play!!!!! I hope those MAG chicks are still there and I will try and take pictures.

I curse the fact that I always worry about getting in or not, I am just in a pub on my iPhone watching dome acquisition videos.Ign(me) are most likely raven against eurogamers SVER. Gonna give it another twenty minutes then will wait at the bus stop outside the entrance.

Vinci

Danish
sk3tch said:
I don't see how people can be cool with that. The individualized experience in MAG is what keeps people working towards the objectives.

But according to a plethora of folks earlier in this thread, people don't care about objectives or helping their squad so much as padding their k/d ratio. It makes more sense, to me at least, that by making Objectives the only route for progress you make them keenly more important than anything else. Padding your k/d ratio would be completely worthless, regardless of how effective you are at shooting people in the head, if you aren't doing so in regards to capturing or holding objectives.

What I'm saying is... Frago points are fine, as they are directly tied to active Objectives. But anything else seems like icing that doesn't necessarily feed into the point of the game.

Violater

deepbrown said:
I be here in London. Not doing so well so far - two wins, two losses.

Deep playing a FPS :O

Vinci said:
But according to a plethora of folks earlier in this thread, people don't care about objectives or helping their squad so much as padding their k/d ratio. It makes more sense, to me at least, that by making Objectives the only route for progress you make them keenly more important than anything else. Padding your k/d ratio would be completely worthless, regardless of how effective you are at shooting people in the head, if you aren't doing so in regards to capturing or holding objectives.

What I'm saying is... Frago points are fine, as they are directly tied to active Objectives. But anything else seems like icing that doesn't necessarily feed into the point of the game.

I can't tell you how many times I have managed to sneak behind enemy lines and sabotage another rival squad's/platoon's equipment while they were busy.

sk3tch

Vinci said:

I guess we're arguing the same thing in different ways - individualized XP is designed to point those "lone wolfs" or anyone not playing fully-for-the-team into the right direction. Read the Ars article above.

My point is frago and all the other incentive-based *individual* XP items point people towards playing towards the main goals.

You have to get everyone involved...there will always be those that don't want to do everything they're told specifically...they need to be allowed to play their way.

J-Rzez said:

Snipers: Ruining run-n-gunners fun who have zero environmental awareness every day.

Being a sniper is cool in sabotage mode while being on the defensive end. How is your sniping skill helping the team on the attacking end or a mode like demolition? If you say significant than I will say BS. You get 5 points as everybody else for a kill, you're a sniper or you do is kill, you sit around and kill. Medics on the other hand are significant for attacking/defending and you probably know it, you just got good at sniping and you now feel that the game is somehow unfair to you.

Will you at least try and capture a point? Maybe, on rare occasion. Will you try to revive a friendly (I believe sniper class has room for an aid kit)? Probably not, you'll be too busy looking through the scope for another kill or be afraid to give away your position. You deserve to get 5 points, but what else would you want?

I think engineers are who should wine the most here, they only get +1 for repairs. I tried it few times and spent a lot of time fixing stuff and it takes quite a few seconds to fix something before the upgrade is available, slow process and really not that rewarding. They should get +3 for repairs IMO. Once you upgrade you get even less points because it takes much faster to repair things, maybe I'm wrong I didn't spend all that much time with this class.

I agree with you on LPM guys though, getting killed by spray and pray types is annoying in a game with no aim-assist.

I have never given a shit about my K/D ratio in an objective based game. I can't count how many purple hearts I was awarded during the beta. I only care about team wins.

If holding the opposing team off for literally three seconds means suicide mission, I'll keep doing it.

Vinci

Danish
Nice. More sniper hate. At some point, folks are going to realize that suggesting that snipers get more rewards (depending on their actions) does not mean we are saying that engineers deserve less or don't deserve a boost as well. People who are useful - that enable their squad to thrive through whatever means they can - deserve credit for it.

You don't think snipers are useful. That's cool. I wholeheartedly disagree as I've seen them turn the tides of battles on several occasions. If you've mostly played with shitty, selfish snipers... it's understandable you'd feel that way. But some aren't scrub just looking for k/d ratio. Some are actually trying to help you - and often help you more than you recognize.

Trevelyan

Banned
Damn, I'm a lot more excited for this game than I thought I'd be, even after playing 2 stages of the beta. Also managed to nab Wednesday day off as well, so I'll be playing my ass off that day.:lol

Biff

Just put my preorder down thanks to Gamestop Canada's 50% trade-in bonus towards MAG.

To any Canadian GAF members on the fence (like me), this is probably the best deal you'll get for MAG.. Uncharted 2 is worth $55.50 while MW2, Bayonetta, ACII and even Brutal Legend are worth $60 with this promo. MAG retails for $59.99 with no tax on trade-in credit.

Don't mean to sound like an ad for EB Shits, but this is the first time I can ever say they're offering a decent deal. So go abuse it if you can :p

Vinci said:
Nice. More sniper hate. At some point, folks are going to realize that suggesting that snipers get more rewards (depending on their actions) does not mean we are saying that engineers deserve less or don't deserve a boost as well. People who are useful - that enable their squad to thrive through whatever means they can - deserve credit for it.

You don't think snipers are useful. That's cool. I wholeheartedly disagree as I've seen them turn the tides of battles on several occasions. If you've mostly played with shitty, selfish snipers... it's understandable you'd feel that way. But some aren't scrub just looking for k/d ratio. Some are actually trying to help you - and often help you more than you recognize.

Oh I recognize, don't worry, some snipers have great interest in helping a team, like Rzez for example but it doesn't always play out in their favor and 45:3 K/D ratio will do shit for the team especially against a good and organized team, sniper is less valuable asset to your team. Against scrubs a sniper can turn tides, can rule the map, of course, but it will not happen against a good team.

Like I said a sniper won't go out of his way to help another. I know if I played sniper class I would not go out of my way to revive someone even if I had revive kit on me, as a medic I know I would and I think I deserve more points for that, I put my ass on the line and I deserve more points for that.

Edit: It's not about hate for the sniper class, it's about significance of that class. In this game Sniper is not a game changer in the big picture and that's why it doesn't get big score even with a lot of kills.

Vinci

Danish
Ze_Pershing said:
Oh I recognize, don't worry, some snipers have great interest in helping a team, like Rzez for example but it doesn't always play out in their favor and 45:3 K/D ratio will do shit for the team especially against a good and organized team, sniper is less valuable asset to your team. Against scrubs a sniper can turn tides, can rule the map, of course, but it will not happen against a good team.

Like I said a sniper won't go out of his way to help another. I know if I played sniper class I would not go out of my way to revive someone even if I had revive kit on me, as a medic I know I would and I think I deserve more points for that, I put my ass on the line and I deserve more points for that.

Edit: It's not about hate for the sniper class, it's about significance of that class. In this game Sniper is not a game changer in the big picture and that's why it doesn't get big score even with a lot of kills.

If someone is within range of me when they go down, I will in fact leave my nest and revive him or her. This will often get me killed, reveal my otherwise unknown location, and a host of other problems. But I will do it. I carry a Medical Kit with me at all times, on all loadouts. Hell, I've captured objectives as a sniper and held them till some more squadmates arrived - then sat tight and healed.

The usefulness of the class is case-by-case. In some situations, a good sniper can help a mediocre squad succeed in capturing an Objective they otherwise showed no ability to get on their own, or hold one they were constantly coming close to losing.

Again: Case-by-case. I don't think there should be career snipers in MAG, but I certainly feel they do their squad a great service when used properly.

If I use my medkit on someone and have to wait for it to re-load while someone else is on the floor dying, I will sing to them during the intermittent period to help ease the pain.

RAVEN!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I agree with Ze_Pershing. Sure, snipers are useful while defending on Sabotage, but not always (at least in Raven's case). They aren't really that useful while attacking (or even defending) in Domination and Acquisition. Like it or not, you NEED run&gun type players for Dom and Acq to push the enemy back, especially on Raven maps. Even if you close off one route, there are so many alternative routes/cover/cluttered objects in the way that ultimately it doesn't really matter as much.

Medics on the other hand are useful in every mode/every map. Engineers are as important as medics in Acq and Dom, still they don't get rewarded like medics which is a shame. I'd still go engineer over medic anyday. Good thing, you can be both at the cost of armour and weapon but that's okay, I try and be sneaky when I'm an engineer anyway.

Top Bottom