• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Click

Banned
I find it funny how they're adding more, better LMGs.
As if LMGs weren't already whored-out enough...

Anyway, I guess it's better than nothing.
Might be back to MAG soon. After I beat GoWIII. Just can't start FFXIII yet, lol.

Anton668

Click said:
I find it funny how they're adding more, better LMGs.
As if LMGs weren't already whored-out enough...

It is a bit odd that the gun that gets bitched about the most is the gun they choose to give the LE touch to.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I almost gave up on MAG a few days ago.. since switching to the shotgun I've never been so frustrated. I've pumped 3-4 shots into people so many times without them dying, and then I've one shotted people so many times. It's just too inconsistent.. that coupled with the random disconnects that completely erase your progress on any ribbons you have is just infuriating. There's something about this game that can really piss you off.. I've dumped 40 hours into it and I'm STILL not level 60 with my first char.. I'm not an exp whore and sometimes I love jumping on, getting a sniper rifle, and sniping away. It's just fun. But I'm starting to finally feel the need to finish up this char and then decide if trying out another PMC is different enough to dump more time into the game. I loved the game..but if they don't release some new maps or modes soon I'm shelving it.

Anton668

Anyways.... again, can anyone or does anybody know someone who can read Japanese?

this is the message...
0318001658.jpg

are they calling me a dbag or what?

icechai

worldrevolution said:
I almost gave up on MAG a few days ago.. since switching to the shotgun I've never been so frustrated. I've pumped 3-4 shots into people so many times without them dying, and then I've one shotted people so many times. It's just too inconsistent.. that coupled with the random disconnects that completely erase your progress on any ribbons you have is just infuriating. There's something about this game that can really piss you off.. I've dumped 40 hours into it and I'm STILL not level 60 with my first char.. I'm not an exp whore and sometimes I love jumping on, getting a sniper rifle, and sniping away. It's just fun. But I'm starting to finally feel the need to finish up this char and then decide if trying out another PMC is different enough to dump more time into the game. I loved the game..but if they don't release some new maps or modes soon I'm shelving it.

To be fair, Valor is the WORST PMC by a long shot. Also exp really adds up if you stick around objectives, whip out your medic gun here and there and the rest just play normal while being around the objective. I guess a good squad leader really makes or breaks your 20 min each game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
icechai said:
To be fair, Valor is the WORST PMC by a long shot. Also exp really adds up if you stick around objectives, whip out your medic gun here and there and the rest just play normal while being around the objective. I guess a good squad leader really makes or breaks your 20 min each game.

valor is the worst, easily, but i won't lie... their sabo map is *easily* the best spot to gain xp. I used to clock 700 to 1k+ per defense attempt. When pushed back to C, I'd just whip out my med gun and heal/revive like crazy.

elohel

Anton668 said:
Anyways.... again, can anyone or does anybody know someone who can read Japanese?

this is the message...
0318001658.jpg

first things hajimemashite or w.e

just saying hi?

i can read some of it i forgot all my japanese lol

commish said:
valor is the worst, easily, but i won't lie... their sabo map is *easily* the best spot to gain xp. I used to clock 700 to 1k+ per defense attempt. When pushed back to C, I'd just whip out my med gun and heal/revive like crazy.

Yeah I loved defending Valors sabotage map when I was with them. Huge XP potential at A and C.

Sver's sabo C is also an XP gold mine. I just ran around the objective with my medic gun.

Raven's C is a nightmare to defend. If you give up A and B forget about it, game over.

Anton668

sturmdogg said:
Just got to level 60 :D

Now a level 1 SVER grunt. How active is SVER-gaf lately?

kinda like this thread nowadays, on life support. But I have a feeling things will pick up on or about the 25th.

I rarely see anybody else on and if I do its 1 person.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't know how *anyone* who plays Mag likes Acquisition. It's a terrible game mode. Well, the maps are terrible. If the defenders have half a clue, they should always win.

commish said:
I don't know how *anyone* who plays Mag likes Acquisition. It's a terrible game mode. Well, the maps are terrible. If the defenders have half a clue, they should always win.

I like Acquisition, well I did when I played with Sver. It's like a mini Dom game except with a focused objective, stealing a vehicle instead of holding an objective location and hoping enough other squads do the same to get enough damage. I wished more people played it.

Varth

After figuring out that the "destroy 3x" ribbons was supposed to be achieved in Domination (only took 55 levels...) I'm finally close to having all the damn stripes.

Only 3 missing, now, and I'm trying to go for the 30 kill Side arm ones.
Now, is it me or it's nearly impossible? The Raven autopistol is a pea shooter, and eats bullets like there's no tomorrow. Are the other PMCs side arms better? Am I missing some secret?

demolitio

Perfect timing as I receive the game in the mail today. I hope I still have some of my beta skills, but I couldn't resist not getting the game for 31 bucks.

Anton668 said:

this is the message...
0318001658.jpg

They just played with you and want to make friends.
Its a greeting to make friends.

Literal Translation:
"Just now, we fought enemies together! If you would like, let's be buddies!"

sk3tch

Trevelyan said:
So, a few of us from RAVEN GAF are considering heading over to Valor GAF, who is still active on Valor GAF? Anyone?

I need to switch PMCs for this double XP weekend (I hit 60 with S.V.E.R. and quit :lol) - if Valor is the way I will choose that. I was going to do Raven because the tech stuff looks sexy and I love their Euro house PMC tunes. :)

Anton668

sk3tch said:
I need to switch PMCs for this double XP weekend (I hit 60 with S.V.E.R. and quit :lol) - if Valor is the way I will choose that. I was going to do Raven because the tech stuff looks sexy and I love their Euro house PMC tunes. :)

1) Tis what I'm doing. Went with Raven. Up to lvl 25 already.

2) And holy shit!!!!!!! Its turned into a fucking light machine gunners wet dream out there!! An easy 90%+ of my deaths can be attributed to LMG's!

3) So are we ever going to consolidate into one clan/pmc?

4) And.... thanks for the translation.

ooh thats right. double xp weekend. i shall hop on late tonite on the west coast. i asked for an invite to the ravenGAF. hopefully i get one by tonite. see you on the battlefield.

What's the criteria for choosing a SL/PL/OIC?

I switched to Valor from SVER (yeah, worst decision EVER :lol) and I'm currently at around 560 leadership points. I'm around level 35 in XP but I'm almost NEVER getting any leadership rolls and while I'm SVER I was almost always SL and quite often a Platoon Leader (that was when I started hitting 50+, though).

I'm regularly seeing people getting SL at level 15-20 without any Veteran stars.

Sanic

Hey guys, i'm borrowing this from a friend and have a few questions:

-Any particular PMC I should join?
-...Any general advice I guess?

i'm just downloading the patch(s) now and i'll probably be back with more questions.

Sanic

Yes, after reading here it seems everyone hates them but I can't seem to find a specific reason at to why :lol

But I shall take your advice and join one of the other two.

Just played the first time in a couple of weeks (Valor). Despite the Valor hate, people do seem to have gotten better at strategy (actually attacking bunkers first instead of burnoff towers, etc), although maybe I just got lucky for a couple of games.

GitarooMan said:
Just played the first time in a couple of weeks (Valor). Despite the Valor hate, people do seem to have gotten better at strategy (actually attacking bunkers first instead of burnoff towers, etc), although maybe I just got lucky for a couple of games.

You just got lucky.

Varth

Lagspike_exe said:
You just got lucky.

Don't think so. I've seen a HUGE shift in the balance of power in the last few days. There must have been an exodus toward RAVEN, since we constantly have a number of contracts we never had in weeks. Probably the other two (or one of them, dunno) got weakened in the same shift of power. I'm winning match after match against SVER, and it's something I never saw happening since I got the game.

BTW: any advice about the Combat Side Arm Ribbon? :(

Sanic

Varth said:
Don't think so. I've seen a HUGE shift in the balance of power in the last few days. There must have been an exodus toward RAVEN, since we constantly have a number of contracts we never had in weeks. Probably the other two (or one of them, dunno) got weakened in the same shift of power. I'm winning match after match against SVER, and it's something I never saw happening since I got the game.

What are these contracts?

And is this shift of power you speak of an anecdotal remark on the game, or is it a game mechanic?

I'm enjoying myself so far. It's been a long time since i've played a good team oriented FPS. Reminds me a lot of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and considering that's my favorite FPS of all time, that's a good thing :lol

Pandoracell said:
What are these contracts?

And is this shift of power you speak of an anecdotal remark on the game, or is it a game mechanic?

I'm enjoying myself so far. It's been a long time since i've played a good team oriented FPS. Reminds me a lot of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and considering that's my favorite FPS of all time, that's a good thing :lol

"Shift of power" is anecdotal remark and contracts refer to the Shadow War bonuses. You can check these out by hitting the square button while in the deployment menu.

bunbun777

woo-hoo double xp weekend!

Just scored 1800 xp on dom- just 8 more levels than its either svr or rvn-

And yes- the LMG is back in all its glory-- faster rate of fire and with attachments more accurate across long distances-- now i can go midhigh armor, medical, frag, accoustic loc, and new lmg--

Faced the hardest Sab Raven defense today-- it seemed the whole team was sporting the new LMG's--

Top Bottom