• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

awesome double xp. i went from level 1 to level 7 in a few hours last nite as raven. man i keep wanting to spot and throw health packs lol.

but i totally forgot about the random spread on the lmgs. got too used to the m60. stuck with the AR kit instead. took a few rounds to get used to MAG again.

Varth

Since no one would help me with the sidearm ribbon (boo you! :() I guess I'll share what I discovered by experimenting, since it got me 2 ribbons (go me! :))

NEVER, EVER use the suppressor on the machine pistol. NEVER. It renders the weapon completely useless. Get the Higher fire rate and faster reload perk and that's it.
You'll run circles around people frantically trying to reload while you aim for their head. Best place to try as a Raven is attacking SVER on Domination (left side especially), or defending in Domination. ^^

Anton668

Violater said:
Heal ME!!! not HIM FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!

how long is zipper going to take to fix the valor wall glitch?

um...... valor wall glitch?

do you mean healing through walls? I hate that shit! but hell, since it seems you can shot through walls (4' of cement even!(maybe its just that damn "Wanted" bullet physics!)) why not heal through them!

speaking of healing, was in a game of dom vs valor earlier and........ I was res'd into a rock! couldnt fire out, couldnt leave. so I had to blow myself up with a grenade.

then later in another game I was res'd through the floor and fell to my death.

good times I tell ya!

anyways.. made it to 46 or 47 tonight. dont know if i'll make it to 60 by sun night. didnt get to play much today and I dont see a lot of play time tomorrow. At least i'll be high enough lvl that it wont be too bad finishing out to 60.

I think he means the glitch were Valor can teleport through the gate at E and F to defuse the charge. I don't mind that glitch, I like sitting outside the door and shooting them when they do it. Easy Kills. :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I finally tried gas, after 120 hours of this game, and all I can say is, I LOVE IT. I'm now a gas man. I got 45 assists in just my first match using it, and it really can clear a room fast. I just wish it was a little cheaper, bc I have to give up the heaviest armor in order to use it.

Also noticed that Raven is doing pretty well nowadays. I think I'm gonna make this PMC my permanent home once I get to 60, which should be today since double XP means 1500 to 2000 xp per map, at least. Love that too.

commish said:
I finally tried gas, after 120 hours of this game, and all I can say is, I LOVE IT. I'm now a gas man. I got 45 assists in just my first match using it, and it really can clear a room fast. I just wish it was a little cheaper, bc I have to give up the heaviest armor in order to use it.

Also noticed that Raven is doing pretty well nowadays. I think I'm gonna make this PMC my permanent home once I get to 60, which should be today since double XP means 1500 to 2000 xp per map, at least. Love that too.
Yeah, I was just going to say that Raven has gotten a ton better. Valor...not so much. I've been really into smoke grenades for attacking lately. It's amazing how a couple of smoke grenades can get you into a bunker area or sabo location so much easier.

GitarooMan said:
Yeah, I was just going to say that Raven has gotten a ton better. Valor...not so much. I've been really into smoke grenades for attacking lately. It's amazing how a couple of smoke grenades can get you into a bunker area or sabo location so much easier.
Especially on Valor's sabotage map at A or B, you throw two smoke grenades, one by the front wall, one by the objective, and walk straight up the middle; almost everyone defends the flanks in that map, so you probably won't even get shot at before you get to the panel.

People do seem to be getting better at attacking SVER on domination, or SVER is just sucking more.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Soon as I hit 60 on Valor I'm shelving this for a while..a month ago I had plans to hit 60 with all 3 PMCs..now..meh. It's been a fun ride but I need new maps or modes or something.

bunbun777

Some thoughts about my switch over:

Got to 60 Vlr last night- immediately jumped to Svr-- boy is it orange!

the guns are all rusty. And seem to be crappier. I can really only speak of LMG(the newer mod one not the 5 point unlockable- i have sight and foregrip with improved accuracy-- not bad but not as wonderful as the VLR new mod- oh bittersweet war!

Really not trying to start anything, but IMHO, Svr maps are so ez when you are svr-- and yes Vlr does seem to be getting worse, Rvn seems to be getting better. I am now 21, will see how it goes today.

I am loving play on the maps as Svr, it is like a new game to me, sure I want new maps-- but the uncanny feeling of being in the same place but with new perspective-- I am enjoying it-- oh and winning in Dom so far....every time....yawn* I seem to have gotten much more skilled- :lol

bunbun777 said:
Some thoughts about my switch over:

Got to 60 Vlr last night- immediately jumped to Svr-- boy is it orange!

the guns are all rusty. And seem to be crappier. I can really only speak of LMG(the newer mod one not the 5 point unlockable- i have sight and foregrip with improved accuracy-- not bad but not as wonderful as the VLR new mod- oh bittersweet war!

Really not trying to start anything, but IMHO, Svr maps are so ez when you are svr-- and yes Vlr does seem to be getting worse, Rvn seems to be getting better. I am now 21, will see how it goes today.

I am loving play on the maps as Svr, it is like a new game to me, sure I want new maps-- but the uncanny feeling of being in the same place but with new perspective-- I am enjoying it-- oh and winning in Dom so far....every time....yawn* I seem to have gotten much more skilled- :lol
I'll send you a SVER GAF invite.

Kogepan

commish said:

not sure if its a bug...but I never upgraded the gas 'skill', yet i can select from the armoury. Even when i went into veteran mode and restarted at Level 1 in Valor.

Kogepan said:
not sure if its a bug...but I never upgraded the gas 'skill', yet i can select from the armoury. Even when i went into veteran mode and restarted at Level 1 in Valor.

The same thing happened to me when I vetted the second time. Except I got claymores instead of gas grenades.

Anton668

well I made it to.... about halfway to lvl 52. Almost made it! sadly didnt have much time to play sat & sun. No big deal really as I have most of what I want maxed out already so the rest of the lvls wont be so bad. With all the bad rap valors been getting I dont know if i'll bother trying to vet them out.

had one lovely game of dom tonight where i was the ONLY person in my squad for more than half the game!! good times indeed! at least my squad listened that game.

the one thing I miss from sver.. the reflex site! ravens is such shite compared to svers (and valors).

I think I might hang out in raven for awhile after i hit 60 unless we can agree on one pmc and one GAF clan!

lastly, why the fuck do ppl walk up and stand right in front of you when your firing a LMG?!?!?!?!?! I warned him.... didnt move.... then killed him.

lastly lastly, bunkers, I really dont see much point keeping them up(half the squad) when your lettered objectives are being over run. Is it just me?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anton668 said:
well I made it to.... about halfway to lvl 52. Almost made it! sadly didnt have much time to play sat & sun. No big deal really as I have most of what I want maxed out already so the rest of the lvls wont be so bad. With all the bad rap valors been getting I dont know if i'll bother trying to vet them out.

had one lovely game of dom tonight where i was the ONLY person in my squad for more than half the game!! good times indeed! at least my squad listened that game.

the one thing I miss from sver.. the reflex site! ravens is such shite compared to svers (and valors).

I think I might hang out in raven for awhile after i hit 60 unless we can agree on one pmc and one GAF clan!

lastly, why the fuck do ppl walk up and stand right in front of you when your firing a LMG?!?!?!?!?! I warned him.... didnt move.... then killed him.

lastly lastly, bunkers, I really dont see much point keeping them up(half the squad) when your lettered objectives are being over run. Is it just me?

I WISH all of mag gaf would consolidate in a single PMC. I would recommend Raven since SVER's Domination defense is kinda boring and Valor is full of retards. But I'll vet anywhere if it's decided that we are gonna consolidate.

When the letters are open and being overrun, nothing else should be the frago and no retards should be repairing the bunker. Last night it was driving me crazy... we had both of our letters being overrun and under heavy fire, yet our SL kept fraggoing random mortars or AA. We lost the match in the final minute, and I swear it was because we had engineers randomly running and dying while trying to fix useless mortars instead of defending our letters.

commish said:
I WISH all of mag gaf would consolidate in a single PMC. I would recommend Raven since SVER's Domination defense is kinda boring and Valor is full of retards. But I'll vet anywhere if it's decided that we are gonna consolidate.

When the letters are open and being overrun, nothing else should be the frago and no retards should be repairing the bunker. Last night it was driving me crazy... we had both of our letters being overrun and under heavy fire, yet our SL kept fraggoing random mortars or AA. We lost the match in the final minute, and I swear it was because we had engineers randomly running and dying while trying to fix useless mortars instead of defending our letters.
I'm think I'm going to Raven after I finally vet Valor (lvl 55), so I would be on board with consolidating there.

RE: the bunker, yeah there were 2-3 people in my squad fixing the bunker when the letters were open last night, I don't understand it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Man I wish I knew about the double-xp weekend, even the Mag players on my friends list didn't message me about it. Think I'm@lvl 55 Valor and I'm going to switch to Raven after this for my third PMC run through.

Anton668

ok, so.... um.... were the hell are all the Raven GAF officers?!?!?

how bout sending out some invites yo!

or am I just going to have to make my own renegade Raven GAF clan?

Anton668

TelemachusD said:
thebishop is in SVER now. I sent DadliestCatch a Raven invite over a week ago when I was still there.

well then, any body have any other ideas on how to get into RavenGAF?

Anton668 said:
well then, any body have any other ideas on how to get into RavenGAF?

It's not just the Clan Leader that can invite people. Anybody that the leader made a chief can invite too. So send some PSN massages and found out who has the ability.

Anton668

weekend_warrior said:
It's not just the Clan Leader that can invite people. Anybody that the leader made a chief can invite too. So send some PSN massages and found out who has the ability.

um... duh.

the problem is I have no idea who is on RavenGAF nowadays.

Alright, well I've finally gotten to sink my teeth into M.A.G. for a good 35 levels, and I'm struggling to find some good loadouts. As of now, I always roll medic/repair on defense (which leaves veeeery little room for more items) and on offense I normally drop the repair kit (and sometimes represent the heavy armor). As of now I normally stick with an assault rifle, but I'm not always sure which one to go with. If I choose the highest-tier rifle in SVER, it leaves little room for add-ons. Does it's extra damage make it worth the cost?

Also, once a medic/engineer has leveled up the support tree all the way and picked their weapon of choice (assault rifle in my case), what's next? I've gotten all the way to increased health which is nice, but so many other perks have to be equipped, and I'm pushing the limit in most loadouts.

suggestions?

theBishop

Banned
PeterVenkman said:
Alright, well I've finally gotten to sink my teeth into M.A.G. for a good 35 levels, and I'm struggling to find some good loadouts. As of now, I always roll medic/repair on defense (which leaves veeeery little room for more items) and on offense I normally drop the repair kit (and sometimes represent the heavy armor). As of now I normally stick with an assault rifle, but I'm not always sure which one to go with. If I choose the highest-tier rifle in SVER, it leaves little room for add-ons. Does it's extra damage make it worth the cost?

Also, once a medic/engineer has leveled up the support tree all the way and picked their weapon of choice (assault rifle in my case), what's next? I've gotten all the way to increased health which is nice, but so many other perks have to be equipped, and I'm pushing the limit in most loadouts.

suggestions?

Trust your team, don't feel like you have to carry everything. Have a few specialized loadouts. Use stuff you enjoy using.

Personally, I like having motion sensors as an option. Not only do you get to see movement on your radar, but any friendlies nearby also get that information.

PeterVenkman said:

suggestions?

Use the first LMG. Unlock red-dot sight, front grip, and stability. For medic: Med kit, improved healing, improved resurrection (10 points total). Everything else is cake. AP mines are nice, and the athleticism tree is nice because none of the unlocks require space in your loadout. A great site to check out (if you haven't already): http://www.maggametools.com/

weekend_warrior said:
Use the first LMG. Unlock red-dot sight, front grip, and stability. For medic: Med kit, improved healing, improved resurrection (10 points total). Everything else is cake. AP mines are nice, and the athleticism tree is nice because none of the unlocks require space in your loadout. A great site to check out (if you haven't already): http://www.maggametools.com/

That site is a godsend! Although I have been switching between the LMG tree and the assault/battle rifle tree. I still can't decide which one I like more. I'll keep experimenting, maybe lower my armor to medium or something.

theBishop said:
Trust your team, don't feel like you have to carry everything. Have a few specialized loadouts. Use stuff you enjoy using.

Personally, I like having motion sensors as an option. Not only do you get to see movement on your radar, but any friendlies nearby also get that information.

I've got the teamwork aspect down pretty well, and I do feel like I specialize as a sort of medic with a punch. Despite not having a mic yet things are pretty smooth (had my first squad leader game yesterday, phew!).

The sensor idea sounds good, I'll save for that one as well.

Poetic

Wow, just started playing again after about 3 weeks. Not many people playing these days and the game feels different to me for some reason. Like I'm moving slower.

Anton668

Seeing how I have yet to find a way onto ravenGAF, I started another one. If anyone wants in lemme know. And if anybody on the official ravenGAF clan comes along we can jump over to that one when the time comes. Not trying to step on toes or splinter the group, but its been a week and well, I gave up waiting.

Click

Banned
Just played a few games tonight and it seems like little has changed...

Valor still winning Sabo.
Raven still winning Acq.
SVER still winning Dom.

LMGs are still the weapon of choice and are still very OP'd (especially with an improved version available to everyone now, lol).

Map imbalance is still present. Guess Zipper can't fix this problem.

Played with J-Rzez for a bit. He's moved over to Raven now so if anyone can invite him, please do so.

BTW, does anyone from GAF still play this game?

edsPREZ

Click said:

Raven still winning Acq.
SVER still winning Dom.

LMGs are still the weapon of choice and are still very OP'd (especially with an improved version available to everyone now, lol).

Played with J-Rzez for a bit. He's moved over to Raven now so if anyone can invite him, please do so.

There are a few over in SVER. TelemachusD, IceChai, and myself are there again. Bishop and Uncle Andy moved over from Raven last week. And there are a couple other guys that are active during the day.

Click said:

Raven still winning Acq.
SVER still winning Dom.

Still playing, as Valor. Double XP really helped. :D

andycapps

Anton668 said:
Seeing how I have yet to find a way onto ravenGAF, I started another one. If anyone wants in lemme know. And if anybody on the official ravenGAF clan comes along we can jump over to that one when the time comes. Not trying to step on toes or splinter the group, but its been a week and well, I gave up waiting.

I'll check tonight and see who the officers are for you. Sorry, this thread hasn't had much activity so I hadn't thought about it recently. I played for an hour or so last Saturday. I've just been playing other games.

Das-J

Law of the West
Anton668 said:

I can add you... what's your PSN?

ibu

I have been gone awhile, but plan to hit this game for a while tomorrow. Been spending all my time on God of War and Heavy Rain.

Shall be on about 11am GMT (London).

So from me now, goodnight!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I finished up Valor and, though I knew those of you left playing would go to Raven, went SVER. I just wanted to experience the SVERness myself. I ended up playing to level 20 in two days.. SVER is a lot of fun, don't lose much. Also their starter assault rifle is infinitely better than Valor's IMO. Still awful 30 rounds per mag, but something about it feels right. I really miss the double exp weekend..without it the game feels too slow.

Top Bottom