• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Click

Banned
Lince said:
oh dear, might as well stay Raven forever, no attacking? really?

It was just what I experienced the first few games back on SVER.
Most of the 4 games I just played had people leaving, then a few joining, but then more people leaving during attack games.

Not sure if this is true for most SVER games now, so Telemachus and others that has been in SVER recently would have to tell us whether this has been going on for a while now or if it's just for the double XP weekend (everyone wants to grind Sabo. defense for XP).

Violater said:
Told you man I would rather be entertainingly frustrated than bored to frustration.
I don't find setting the frago on a bunker then sitting there the whole game in the least bit satisfying.

Look, we get it. You don't want to switch to SVER and you want to convince Lince to stay in Raven for whatever reason. But you've repeated yourself ad nauseam. If you don't want to switch and play with the rest of GAF, then just stay in Raven or quit MAG. It's really that simple man. There's no need to keep posting the same thing over and over, threatening to quit every few days.

Violater

Click it's clear you don't like me, but I do have the right to say what I want so just chill.
Was replying to lince at that jeez why you feel so threatened if someone says anything about SVER is beyond me, get over yourself.

Violater said:
Told you man I would rather be entertainingly frustrated than bored to frustration.
I don't find setting the frago on a bunker then sitting there the whole game in the least bit satisfying.

MAG – Fast Attack Gear Pack (free)
Strike fast, strike hard and get out. With the Fast Attack Gear Pack, the enemy won’t know you’re there until it’s all over. This gear pack has everything for the soldier that craves speed with additional survivability: a reinforced light armor package combined with all new Special Edition Sniper Rifles provide the best of both worlds.
File size: N/A

Its already on the disk huh?

The same like the last one...

Click

Banned
Violater said:
Click it's clear you don't like me, but I do have the right to say what I want so just chill.
Was replying to lince at that jeez why you feel so threatened if someone says anything about SVER is beyond me, get over yourself.

I did like you until you got super annoying that day you said I "rage quit" Valor.
Even so, when we're on Raven, I was fine with you until now, where you had to keep repeating yourself on GAF about how boring, easy, and frustrating switching over to SVER is going to be. You act like a baby and threaten to quit the game when you don't get what you want. I let the poll play out but you'd rather talk shit about SVER all day long to try and convince people to not switch over. It's rather selfish and childish of you to do that man.

Madman

Violater said:

MAG – Fast Attack Gear Pack (free)
Strike fast, strike hard and get out. With the Fast Attack Gear Pack, the enemy won’t know you’re there until it’s all over. This gear pack has everything for the soldier that craves speed with additional survivability: a reinforced light armor package combined with all new Special Edition Sniper Rifles provide the best of both worlds.
File size: N/A

Its already on the disk huh?
Like most modern DLC, you download it in patches and then buy a key to activate it so people who don't have the DLC can play with people who do.

bunbun777

edit -beaten

One thing to consider with everyone consolidating to SVR is that once we all represent, the possibility of trying another faction or staying with svr will be a little more easy to entertain.

Lince

Banned
Click said:
so Telemachus and others that has been in SVER recently would have to tell us whether this has been going on for a while now or if it's just for the double XP weekend (everyone wants to grind Sabo. defense for XP).

that makes sense, the XP whores I mean, but a full GAF squad shouldn't worry about quitters. I'll log in a couple of hours and see for myself though.

and come on Violater, 8 GAF friends playing SVER >>> 2 + 6 randoms playing whatever not following orders, vote-kicking, team killing, etc...you should give it a try at least! I was really expecting to attack SVER with a full GAF squad but that isn't happening as at the end of the day the SVER option won, so what can we do? come on guys don't turn this into a fight this is just a game and we're here for fun right?

Click

Banned
Violater said:
Dude me coming in and venting about SVER on domination has nothing to do with you or your poll. Like I said get over yourself.

Yes, I'm sure you repeating the fact that SVER is boring, easy, and frustrating is you venting about them on Domination. Right, whatever you say bro.

We vent all the time. Heck, I just vented about SVER. But I don't bitch about the same shit on every page like you do.

If I knew you'd be so annoying, I wouldn't have bothered creating the poll that most active GAF MAG players wanted anyway. I'm sure you saying all the shit you've been saying the past week had absolutely nothing to do with the poll and it's just me being full of myself. Too funny...

Madman said:
Like most modern DLC, you download it in patches and then buy a key to activate it so people who don't have the DLC can play with people who do.

at least true for online games obviously.
Though it's not like that mini-content couldn't have been created or cut at any time anyway, but it's free (and meh) so who cares.

btw. as I mentioned, in this case there is not even a key to download, MAG will just check your PSN to confirm if you "purchased" it, same way Home does it (it's also not in the download list but in the transaction list together with stuff from Home).

Click

Banned
Lince said:
that makes sense, the XP whores I mean, but a full GAF squad shouldn't worry about quitters. I'll log in a couple of hours and see for myself though.

and come on Violater, 8 GAF friends playing SVER >>> 2 + 6 randoms playing whatever not following orders, vote-kicking, team killing, etc...you should give it a try at least! I was really expecting to attack SVER with a full GAF squad but that isn't happening as at the end of the day the SVER option won, so what can we do? come on guys don't turn this into a fight this is just a game and we're here for fun right?

I wish the beef between me and Violater didn't happen.
I really like playing with him and hearing him communicate.

But I have tried my best to ignore his antics the past week and just couldn't do it anymore. I have zero tolerance sometimes for people that bitch and/or talk shit about the same things constantly. It's gotten me in trouble plenty of times here on GAF when I fuck with mods / admins. and/or their friends. Sorry if I am being too hostile.

Anton668

I'll make it to sver sooner or later.

right now im taking advantage to suffer through valor for my last pmc trophy.

so.. i'll see you guy in a while.

Violater

Lince I am about 10 lvls out, I will see how I feel when I hit 60.

Yes Click me wanting a challenge and the satisfaction of beating SVER is all about you all for you, happy?
good, we can drop it now.

Edit: Raven now has 2 Acquisition and 1 Domination contracts

Click

Banned
Kowak said:
Ok I have finally left Raven.

Plz add Kowak2007.

Goodbye my child.

Giving up the leadership to Raven GAF must be a bit tough, eh?

It really makes no difference who the leader of a clan is, because officers and leaders serve basically the same function in MAG. Funny thing is, some random officer will take your spot... probably someone who hasn't logged on in months, lol.

I will log on now and invite you if someone hasn't done so already.

Kowak

Banned
SVER is quite fun. Easy but nice to change everything up and have to look at maps from a different POV for the first time.

Cant believe we lost a defensive sabotage game within ten minutes.

I kept shooting my teammates my first few games. I am so use to seeing SVER be the enemy it all seemed quite strange.

Click

Banned
Kowak said:
SVER is quite fun. Easy but nice to change everything up and have to look at maps from a different POV for the first time.

Cant believe we lost a defensive sabotage game within ten minutes.

I kept shooting my teammates my first few games. I am so use to seeing SVER be the enemy it all seemed quite strange.

It also took me a few games to get used to SVER again and not shoot them.
Been on Valor and Raven so long, it's natural instinct to shoot whenever I see SVER players running around, lol.

I've been in a few games where we lost SVER Sabo. in like 3 minutes back in the day.
They usually only happen when the majority of the attacking platoon actually know not to rush the same paths, dying at the same spots over and over. But most Raven and Valor never learn or listen, even after telling them repeatedly to go through the train tracks.

Click

Banned
PedroLumpy said:
Wow, they totally backpedaled on the aiming nerf. Hilarious.

It was the right thing to do. The game is actually fun again, even with a lot of problems still holding it back from being great.

I think I'd be more pissed with Zipper if they were stubborn and stuck with that terrible nerf. If they didn't change the shooting mechanics back, MAG would essentially be a dead game. But because they changed things back, people are coming back to the game again.

Click

Banned
J-Rzez said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU...

Got Dc'd with 23seconds to go in a game. I was 106-13 too... :(

Oh+Snap.jpg

Click

Banned
Just a reminder, the DLC "Fast Attack Pack" is out on PS Store.
It's just 1 unlock this time for the armor and new sniper rifles, and not multiple unlocks like last DLC.

Click said:
It was the right thing to do. The game is actually fun again, even with a lot of problems still holding it back from being great.

I think I'd be more pissed with Zipper if they were stubborn and stuck with that terrible nerf. If they didn't change the shooting mechanics back, MAG would essentially be a dead game. But because they changed things back, people are coming back to the game again.

Oh I totally agree, it was just the first time I had gotten to play since they patched it back to how it was. Unfortunately it's probably too late for me, but it's good to see them do that.

Lince

Banned
fun times with SVER, too bad Domination games are unplayable for me (LAG), I'm playing like 2-3 seconds behind everything else in the server, thanks Zipper for fucking Europe. My ping to the East Coast is 87ms and West Coast 122ms (VDSL2+), meanwhile while playing MAG (Domination) the ping hovers around 2200-3100ms...

edit: nice, level 31 in 1 day and a half, gotta love double XP

J-Rzez

Went up 7 levels in about 1-2hrs last night, got to love double xp, pulled in just shy of 3k xp in one game too. Wish I didn't get dc'd from that one game with all those kills that were mainly in frago zones and we were going to win. That point tally would have been incredible. Best was I got a poison gas in right on 2 apcs and a bunch of people just parachuting in. I never saw so many kills/assists at once on my screen and that's including the strafing runs I got to call in.

I'm really liking the new sniper rifles. I usually get headshots, but 2-3 to the chest will down people now at least. They're also good for shotgunning people now too lol. "WTF, someone kill that johnny rez-zis-i-nik already. You can't come down the left at all, and when you get close you get headshot while he's juking around". I got a bunch of "FU's" from msgs after that game from 12 different players. Sucks you can't put the variable scope on those things, but if you did, it would be massively OP.

J-Rzez

I believe I'm level 48 now on Raven iirc from last night. Shouldn't take too long with double-xp. I should have a good chunk of time to play at night due to work schedules this weekend.

J-Rzez

It's fun when the only teammate that knows some form of strategy goes AFK in a game with you. Not pointing any fingers, Das... :lol

Oh well, 10 more levels to go. Hopefully I'll bang out a good chunk of that later tonight. I'll make sure I'm buzz'n so I can put up with the bullshit that a lot of the Raven players bring to the table.

Anton668 said:
holy shit.

its comments like this that remind me of how much I suck...

It was a freak game. Most kills I got before that was around 88 iirc in a SVER dom defense.

Das-J

Law of the West
J-Rzez said:
It's fun when the only teammate that knows some form of strategy goes AFK in a game with you. Not pointing any fingers, Das... :lol

:lol Yeah sorry... I totally forgot we had a team meeting and had to bail out last second!

I should be on a good amount this weekend so we'll tear it up again.

Lince

Banned
level 42 nice, at this rate I might reach 60 late on Sunday, some good games with SVER GAF, specially the Acquisition on Raven's was fantastic, good job.

J-Rzez

Raven and Valor have probably some of the worst players I have ever played with in a shooter. I have no idea why they all flocked to those two, but they have. This has been the most painful grinds you can imagine, and I look forward to reaping revenge upon all of those scrubs once I get back on SVER, where there's coordination.

It's like watching a monkey trying to fuck a football.

theBishop

Banned
Double XP weekend this week?

I've been busy with a new job, but maybe I'll be able to get in some MAG on sunday. After a few nights in a row of embarrassingly low player count, it might take some new maps to get me playing regularly again.

Click

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Raven and Valor have probably some of the worst players I have ever played with in a shooter. I have no idea why they all flocked to those two, but they have. This has been the most painful grinds you can imagine, and I look forward to reaping revenge upon all of those scrubs once I get back on SVER, where there's coordination.

It's like watching a monkey trying to fuck a football.

:lol

I really wish MAG had more balanced factions... skill-wise.

One of the main problems with MAG is the fact that it has 3 factions to choose from. There's a very good reason most online shooters only have 2 sides battling it out and also won't allow players to choose which side they play for. When you allow the playerbase decide which side they fight for, the natural tendency of most competitive and skilled players, is to flock towards the side that has a reputation of doing better, has the (map) advantages, and more talented players. SVER gained that rep. during the extensive beta and kept it throughout the game's launch to now.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to be able to choose from 3 factions to play as. But because Zipper screwed up by not having a good map rotation system like the one described HERE, major issues like map and skill imbalance between the factions are magnified.

Lince said:
surprisingly enough yesterday morning Raven had 5 contracts

I told you Raven and Valor have better players late at night (EST). Also, a lot of players vetted over to SVER this weekend, having to fight with inferior weapons, health, and other "perks" compared to higher level Raven and Valor players.

SVER easily took back the contracts though. They had 5 last I logged. Not that contract matter all that much anyway (unless it's for Sabotage).

theBishop said:
Double XP weekend this week?

I've been busy with a new job, but maybe I'll be able to get in some MAG on sunday. After a few nights in a row of embarrassingly low player count, it might take some new maps to get me playing regularly again.

The playercount has rebounded... at least for now. With the fix to the random bullet spread nerf and double XP weekend, Domination and Sabotage has thousands of players in queue at peak hours again. Acquisition still has relatively shitty numbers though. :D

bunbun777

Thx Raven Gaf for the games- my tour of duty is through for all 3 pmc's.

Svr gaf please send invite when possible- hope to be high level by Sunday end.

Top Bottom