• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Lince

Banned
thank you Click for asking Zipper about the connection issues from Europe when playing Domination, too bad they declined commenting on the European server status (I can tell you it's gone offline for a long time now, router logs never lie)

just in case someone from Zipper is reading this is my router log when playing CS:S on some random USA server from Spain

Code:
mode: VDSL2+ over FTTH optical fiber
download rate / measured / attainable: 107,548 kbps / 110,001 kbps  (110 MB)
upload rate / measured / attainable: 16,433 kbps / 16,999 kbps (17 MB)
path: fast
upnp: enabled
hec errors: 0
packet loss / average %: 0
jitter %: 2
average ping / current port (192.168.1.33:24001 TCP): 65 ms

and these are the readings while playing a random MAG Domination match

Code:
mode: VDSL2+ over FTTH optical fiber
download rate / measured / attainable: 106,412 kbps / 110,001 kbps  (110 MB)
upload rate / measured / attainable: 15,980 kbps / 16,999 kbps (17 MB)
path: fast
upnp: enabled
hec errors: [B]21[/B]
packet loss / average %: [B]8[/B]
jitter %: [B]207[/B]
average ping / current port (192.168.1.34:10075 TCP): [B]702 ms[/B]

so I can play Counter strike from Spain on a random US server with a rock solid 63-67 ms ping (6-10 ms on Spanish servers) and 0% packet loss... then playing MAG Domination the ping suddenly goes up to 700 ms with a 200% variation (effectively yielding 2500-3000 ms ping spikes), data transfer errors and a packet loss close to 10%... Zipper, get the fuck out of here. As you can see you can't blame my connection, 110/17 optical fiber with fast path not enough for MAG seriously?

Info about v1.06 which is supposed to be a significant upgrade:

Info on our next patch will be coming next week (but not all of it -- it's so large that it will take multiple updates to tell you about it) and info on our bigger DLC will be after that (before E3).

Click

Banned
Sweet. Looks like Zipper is finally going to go to work on MAG... hopefully.

The next 3 weeks should be interesting for this game.
If they do everything right, maybe some people will come back.

Lince said:
thank you Click for asking Zipper about the connection issues from Europe when playing Domination, too bad they declined commenting on the European server status (I can tell you it's gone offline for a long time now, router logs never lie)

No problem man.
Sucks you stopped playing MAG because of this issue (among other things, I suppose).

You should post on their official forums because I doubt Zipper (other than Das) reads this thread.

Lince

Banned
Click said:
Sweet. Looks like Zipper is finally going to go to work on MAG... hopefully.

The next 3 weeks should be interesting for this game.
If they do everything right, maybe some people will come back.

I'm so tired of Zipper announcing that soon they will announce some big announcement split into small announcements over some undefined period of time, why would they hold back all the info? not like anyone is going to steal their ideas or something.

Lince

Banned
I've found a workaround for the ping spikes / packet loss issues

822690384.png

lowering my download speed from 110 MB to 30 MB and DRAMATICALLY downgrading upload speed from 17 MB to just 0.7 MB... the average ping is automatically higher but playing Domination it finally stays at 90-100 ms, no more 3 seconds bullshit, packet loss is still a problem though. I believe their server setup just can't keep up when 256 player are connected and some connections try to upload too fast so the server throttle them aggressively down automatically to prevent bandwidth issues? why wasn't this happening when the European server was online? maybe Zipper net coders have some bugs in there.

anyway, having to access my ISP control panel and switch from 100/17 to 30/0.7 (and wait a couple of minutes for a line re-sync) every time I want to play Domination is a pain and doesn't encourage me to play MAG anymore.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Click said:
Instead of selling well over a million copies of MAG and having this game last well over a year, it's now on life support and basically stuck in the shape it has been in since launch, 4 months ago. Hopefully what they've been telling us all this time is true, and we'll see some real DLC "soon." Even if they do release a lot of DLC, I'm not sure MAG will ever recover most of its playerbase.

I think it could recover (and gain new) but not all of its playerbase will return.

#1 there are a lot of people who REFUSE to play SVER (and generally people seem to have a distaste for Valor for some reason o_O) who will gladly come back if its not a constant uphill battle for Raven.

I understand "yay" accuracy but headshots are too fucking random... people shooting the ground getting a "headshot" while shooting someone in the face counts as a "body shot"

#2 they need to win back with DLC, just like MW2 really hurt this and other games with its... :lol :lol fairly priced substantial content additions

#3 Aside from new content and severe (and I mean SEVERE balancing) they need to have multiple character slots. Seriously, it needs to be done. People end up going for the trophies and quitting the game because they left all their friends. It has ruined the game for people (countless people!) to be off trying to get their trophies and realize they aren't having fun without their friends. When you have people spend countless hours forming friendships and then go "Oh, you won't see them again" it ruins the game for people.

Even 1 additional slot would have made a world of difference... just 1 more

Click

Banned
Ehh... "there are a lot of people who REFUSE to play" as all PMCs, not just SVER. For the most part, all 3 PMCs are pretty balanced, playercount-wise. Each game mode has imbalances in playercount due to map (dis)advantages. ie. Valor usually outnumbers everyone in Sabo., Raven in Acqui., SVER in Dom.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about in regards to random headshots, or random bullet spread. After they fixed that nerf, the accuracy of weapons are basically as good as it was during beta / launch; which is arguably TOO accurate when using foregrips and improved stability. I don't know about you, but when I aim for whatever part of the body, I usually hit it and get a kill. Although, I believe there was an "invisible bullet" nerf where you shoot "blanks" if you're moving while using a LMG. I guess it's Zipper's way of nerfing the LMG without properly balancing it (gun kick).

As for the extra character slot... yeah, it would be nice to have but Zipper's excuse for not giving people an extra slot is because they claim to want people to stay loyal to their PMCs. I can kinda see where they're coming from. It might cause a big imbalance to PMCs and the Shadow War because people will just play as whatever faction is winning at the moment, leaving the losing PMC(s) even more outnumbered. But I suppose that's a better result than having people quit the game out of frustration or the fact that they don't have it in them to vet even once. Oh, and Zipper has already thought about giving us an extra slot. They just want to charge us $1/month for it. :lol

J-Rzez

I can honestly say I really burnt myself out on this game. The issue I have now is I need something fresh. This game was out FAR too long, much longer than I expected it to go without getting new maps/weapons/modes. Especially since it's an online only game.

At this point, Zipper is going to have to eat a loss, get out a large map/weapon pack for free, to get everyone back into this game. It's a shame it's really taking so damned long. It is a really great game, but grinding 4 vet modes has really burnt me out on the lack of new content.

This is a lesson that had to be learned. They are not Blizzard where they can get away with having prolonged periods of time without content, especially due to being a shooter. It's not like the days of old where the only games worth a damn to play online were CS, Quake, SOCOM, Halo, and UT, most of which stood the trial of time due to mods due to the PC nature.

Get new content out, even in smaller packages at smaller costs. Instead of 3 maps for 15, perhaps 1-2maps every 1-2months at $5-10.

Zipper has shown me they can make incredible Online MP games this gen, but, the support model really needs to get a kick in the ass.

Anton668

Hey Lince, what web addy were you pinging to figure out your connection issues. I have a guy in Sweden that I play with and he's having probs as well. trying to help him out and see if the prob is on his end or zippers....

All right, so the patch v1.06 is coming............................... IN JUNE!

First part of the patch release notes (apparently, it's so big, it's gonna take several blog posts to reveal everything it fixes, which will come in some time):

http://blog.mag.com/blog/

The biggest changes include revamped heal XP system, changes to credit cost for many items and added machine guns in APCs that can be used by players who aren't driving or manning the main gun. Also, friendly fire damage and variety has been tuned as well as medal requirements (which probably means that the "Earn all medals" trophy will finally probably be attainable).

For those who can't access the DLC, because their country doesn't have a Store - all content will be given to you when you start up the game after the patch.

Click

Banned
MAG Patch v1.06
Available June 2010 | Size: TBD

Gameplay

* Player knife attacks no longer deal damage to members of own PMC.
* Headshot damage bonuses no longer apply to friendly fire.
* Changed rewards for the resuscitation of an incapacitated ally to 5XP for partial health revive, and 10XP for full heath revive.
* Added functionality to Medical Kit so that players can now heal themselves with L1 in addition to using R1 to heal or revive a teammate.
* All vehicle handling has been improved and been given more realistic physics.
* Added three gun ports to APCs of all factions.
* Slowed down the rate of fire for the APC’s primary gun, but increased bullet damage.
* Primary APC gun can now damage enemy APCs.

Weapons

* Adjusted damage for the AM50, Rollins LRRS, and AGVK sniper rifles vs. vehicles and emplaced turrets.
* Increased rate of fire for all pistols (Raven’s F57, SVER’s IZ-443, and Valor’s M9).
* Improved close-range effectiveness and decreased long-range effectiveness for all Pistols, Machine Pistols, SMGs and Shotguns.
* Made all LMG foregrips less effective at stabilizing fire.
* Made improved stability skills less effective at stabilizing fire for machine guns.
* Credit cost for Pistols has been changed to 0c from 100c.
* Credit cost for Machine Pistols has been changed to 200c from 300c.
* Credit cost for SMGs has been changed to 300c from 400c.
* Credit cost for Shotguns has been changed to 400c from 600c.
* Credit cost for Improved Rocket Launchers has been changed to 800c from 1000c.
* Credit cost for Smoke Grenades has been changed to 200c from 300c.
* Credit cost for Poison Gas Grenades has been changed to 500c from 600c.
* Credit cost for Explosives Detector has been changed to 300c from 600c.

Interface

* Adjusted requirements for most Medal Awards.
* Added progress bars to all Medal Awards.
* Changed vehicle icon visibility on the map to reflect its current status of visibility instead of its previous map state of “always seen.”
* Repaired display problem in the “Community” tab’s “Player Search” screen that improperly presented names with multiple non-alphabet characters.
* Statistics for “Enemy Vehicles Destroyed Assists” and “Enemy Turrets Destroyed Assists” are now correctly listed in proper category “Objectives.”

Graphics

* Fixed display problem with player’s left hand placement when using foregrip and bipod on the Raven Apex 100 light machine gun.
* Fixed issue that prevented repaired roadblocks from “shining” to indicate that they can be interacted with.

Technical

* Previously-released downloadable content (Fast Attack Gear Pack, Trooper Gear Pack, Raven’s Spyder Body Apparel, SVER’s Hazard Body Apparel, and Valor’s Bulldog Body Apparel) is now accessible to all users without PlayStation Store access.
* Patched problem that prevented users to save loadout with DLC weapons following a “Respec” action.
* Repaired issue that caused renamed PSN IDs to be incorrectly identified as its previous name when logging in.

Server

* Updated patching system to allow for faster download speeds when retrieving in-game updates.

It better be early June and not late June...

Sabo. is going to be knifing galore. Telemachus is going to be happy. He TK'd a lot of people 1 game at SVER C. :lol But he also killed dozens of enemies that game with the knife and claymore.

I'm glad to see a lot of fixes that the community has been asking for. However, if they don't properly fix Dom. with this patch, it's all for naught. So here's to hoping that the incomplete patch notes will eventually include Domination maps being fixed. However, it seems like Zipper doesn't like including map changes in their patch notes. It's usually a stealth change.

Click

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
Are you sure map changes are stealth?

I clearly remember Zipper documenting their SVER Sabo fix with explanations and pictures.

I don't remember it. Then again, I quit MAG for like 2 months so they might've posted the changes during that time and I didn't read / care about it.

BTW...

Was hoping for F ninja door to be fixed :/

Apart from that its good!

zpr_DunhamSmash said:
Soon. Once our 1.06 patch is out, it spells good news for updating existing maps much easier than we do now.

I guess that means patch 1.06 will lay the groundwork for them to patch maps easier.
Which also means that patch 1.06 won't have (much) map adjustments.

*sigh*
Suppose we gotta wait even longer for them to finally fix the maps.

Click

Banned
We (and most MAG fans in general) cry about everything. :lol
I think it's because we love this game and keeping wishing it could be better.
So much potential wasted...

* Changed vehicle icon visibility on the map to reflect its current status of visibility instead of its previous map state of “always seen.”
This is a pretty big change, if it means what I think it does. APCs will be hidden on the map unless an ally can actually see it (or there's a satellite pass). This will make it much more difficult to bring up the map and scan for approaching APCs and to correctly place sensor shells, when you add three extra guns to the thing too, they're going to be a lot harder to kill.

Thinking of all the times I've seen an APC behind my platoon when I was just looking at the map, now I'm not gonna know if it's one lone guy planting on my mortars, or a vehicle with four guns on it.

* Player knife attacks no longer deal damage to members of own PMC.
* Headshot damage bonuses no longer apply to friendly fire.
This is good.

* Adjusted requirements for most Medal Awards.
* Added progress bars to all Medal Awards.
About time. Has anyone gotten the platinum with the current requirements? 1000 bunker turret rocket kills is stupid. It should be more like 100, or 250 max.

Yeah, the APC upgrade is pretty big... Not only do they pack more firepower via additional machine guns, they are also able to keep surprise factor to an extant.

Lince

Banned
Anton668 said:
Hey Lince, what web addy were you pinging to figure out your connection issues. I have a guy in Sweden that I play with and he's having probs as well. trying to help him out and see if the prob is on his end or zippers....

I just set my router to start recording a log before playing Domination and then check the report (full of issues that never ever arise playing other games).

edit: patch sounds nice, but didn't see a fix for the high-bandwidth upload speed bug, I don't want to switch and re-sync my upload line down from 17 MB to just 0.7 to play Domination. I thought faster and bigger bandwidth was better for every game? wtf?

Click

Banned
Lince said:
I don't want to switch and re-sync my upload line down from 17 MB to just 0.7 to play Domination. I thought faster and bigger bandwidth was better for every game? wtf?

I know Domination is cool to play once in a while, but for me, Sabotage is the best game mode (just wished they had more Sabo. maps). Acquisition can be a decent substitute for Domination.

I'm fine with not playing Domination for a long time. I also get (framerate) lag and it sucks, even though it only happens when at the letters / certain bunkers. If Zipper fixed the Domination maps, then maybe I'll play it more often.

Oh yeah, Telemachus and I were talking about this the other day. He mentioned that it would be nice if they split up Domination so that it would cut the quadrants in halves (128) or quarters (64 players). That would speed up the queue times and also allow people to play the Domination maps, vehicles, and rules. Zipper could also pick the quadrants / halves that are more fair in terms of being able to attack and defend. This would also solve some of the "lack of maps / modes" issue.

Little_Luke

Neo Member
Click said:
This should shut up the critics that say MAG isn't worth it as a full-priced $60 game.
Even though it's been $60 for 4 months...

Great price though.
Definitely worth $35 (or $25 if you want to count the GC).
I personally got over 260 hours out of MAG.

They should have released it at $35 and then let people know about a defined paid for DLC release schedule. We would have all been happier knowing there was a flow of new content and by rolling out update after update they could have kept player count high and swam in the $$

Click

Banned
Little_Luke said:
They should have released it at $35 and then let people know about a defined paid for DLC release schedule. We would have all been happier knowing there was a flow of new content and by rolling out update after update they could have kept player count high and swam in the $$

True. It would have been better if MAG was around $50 and then charged $5 - $10 for DLC.
But $35 is too low of a launch price for what we got in MAG. It's at a great price now though.

I've said this many times already. There is a lot of content in MAG. 3 game modes (not including Suppression), 9 enormous maps, 3 factions to play for, and lots of weapons, gadgets, vehicles, and skills to earn.

Zipper couldn't have done that anyway, since SCE moved everyone over to SOCOM 4 development even before MAG launched. I've come to the conclusion that this is the main reason MAG failed to become a "big hit," being practically the same game it's been since beta / launch. They just didn't have a big enough team to properly patch and fix the game, nor could they release any new content until now, almost 5 months after its release.

Click

Banned
BTW Little Luke, hope you don't mind if I posted the deal on CAG and the official forums.
I thought you saw the deal from those places but I didn't see it posted anywhere.

Looks like this is a universal price drop for MAG, but I doubt the $10 credit will be there forever.

Gamestop also has the same deal ($10 credit) as Amazon.
It's funny that the used price is now the same as the new price at GS.

Click

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Talk about a bunch of assholes. The CAG thread you posted is a mess.

:lol

Yeah, there was a bunch of trolls that did nothing but trash MAG and their perceived value of MAG / the deal in that thread.

I tried to keep it civil at first and gave a quick analysis / review of the game when a poster legitimately asked about the game.

But then the trolls came in and it quickly became a MAG bash-a-thon, not unlike threads found on Gamefaqs, IGN, or Gamespot. I even reported the main offender twice and a mod deleted both of his posts. The guy came back and kept on posting the same shit and continued to flame both me and MAG. His buddies also came in and helped him out. I was amazed that CAG doesn't ban those turds but instead, allows them to go crazy on that forum.

Anyway, that thread is now pretty clean because a mod deleted basically every post, good and bad, after the original post. All I wanted to do was inform people about the deal, lol.

Edit: My previous post was directed at Little Luke, but it was you who posted the deal.
Sorry about that and I hope you don't mind me posting the deal elsewhere. Thanks for finding it BTW.

Click

Banned
The 6th Zipline podcast came out yesterday.

The guest is Senior Designer CJ Heine.
He helped design a lot of maps in Zipper's games... as far back as the first SOCOM and SOCOM II.

He discusses map balancing in MAG. He recognizes the fact that SVER does have an easier Dom. map to defend, but also attributes skill as being a major reason why SVER won so often the first month or two after release. He also mentions that Raven's Dom. needs to be fixed.

Played some games with Click this morning. Won all but one(?) Sabo, but got murdered on domination three times in a row, twice defending SVER and once attacking Valor. In 30 minutes we managed to get one bunker down twice and the AA once. Defending didn't go much better. As bad as people say SVER's map is, the attackers were actually working together and our guys were not, and we lost quickly.

Click

Banned
TelemachusD said:
Played some games with Click this morning. Won all but one(?) Sabo, but got murdered on domination three times in a row, twice defending SVER and once attacking Valor. In 30 minutes we managed to get one bunker down twice and the AA once. Defending didn't go much better. As bad as people say SVER's map is, the attackers were actually working together and our guys were not, and we lost quickly.

Yep.

It once again confirms what we've been saying since launch: That maps are imbalanced but not to a point where it's too difficult to win. A good attacking team can whoop the shit out of a mediocre or shitty team on SVER's Dom. map.

I honestly think A LOT of the good SVER players either quit the game or switched over to the other 2 PMCs. SVER is full of newbies and retards. I consider it the new Valor, just with shittier weapons. And Valor is the old SVER with better weapons.

Anyway, good games Telemachus. It sucks that we're one of the only people on GAF that actually plays MAG anymore. It's always fun playing with ya. The Sabo. games were great because the 2 of us can actually make a difference.

Click said:
SVER.
Did you read our posts? :lol

Sorry, I'm kinda tired right now, so I just flew through your posts in a few secs. :lol

I'm at level 56 at Valor right now. Need to get that last push of endurance to max out the level, get the damned trophy and veteran the fuck out of this retard magnet.

Click

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
Sorry, I'm kinda tired right now, so I just flew through your posts in a few secs. :lol

I'm at level 56 at Valor right now. Need to get that last push of endurance to max out the level, get the damned trophy and veteran the fuck out of this retard magnet.

Heh, no prob.

Like I said, Valor is actually really good now... well, at least on the weekend, AM EST time. :D
I think all the hardcore, talented Japanese players and clans play during those times.
Combined with the good American players / clans, they destroy anyone in their path.

lsslave said:
I think the majority of any "good" players are gone now... the game feels dead to me :/

If someone (outside of our group) has a mic its used to bitch/moan/and troll.... and the majority are underage

Ugh... it just feels like MAG is over with which makes me a bit sad since I for one love it (and hate it, its an abusive relationship really)

Nah, there are still a lot of good players around. You just have to play when they're on.
Also, Raven seems to have the least amount of good players. They have a few amazing clans though.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Click said:
Yep.

It once again confirms what we've been saying since launch: That maps are imbalanced but not to a point where it's too difficult to win. A good attacking team can whoop the shit out of a mediocre or shitty team on SVER's Dom. map.

I honestly think A LOT of the good SVER players either quit the game or switched over to the other 2 PMCs. SVER is full of newbies and retards. I consider it the new Valor, just with shittier weapons. And Valor is the old SVER with better weapons.

Anyway, good games Telemachus. It sucks that we're one of the only people on GAF that actually plays MAG anymore. It's always fun playing with ya. The Sabo. games were great because the 2 of us can actually make a difference.

I think the majority of any "good" players are gone now... the game feels dead to me :/

If someone (outside of our group) has a mic its used to bitch/moan/and troll.... and the majority are underage

Ugh... it just feels like MAG is over with which makes me a bit sad since I for one love it (and hate it, its an abusive relationship really)

spwolf

Lince said:
I just set my router to start recording a log before playing Domination and then check the report (full of issues that never ever arise playing other games).

edit: patch sounds nice, but didn't see a fix for the high-bandwidth upload speed bug, I don't want to switch and re-sync my upload line down from 17 MB to just 0.7 to play Domination. I thought faster and bigger bandwidth was better for every game? wtf?

your issues seem pretty specific... there is no such thing as high-upload speed bug in general, you do not transfer enough data for your connection to be any different from any other (and in fact i am sure zipper tested it in lan mode where it is a lot faster than your connection).

this reminds me of an issue one of my guys has - when his router is at 18 Mbs mode, he drops packets for his icq connection like crazy and disconnects all the time... when it downgrades it to 6 Mbs, it works. His fault is due to router though and buggy firmware.

Do you get IP that you are connecting to in your logs (IP of MAG servers?). Why not run tracert from your personal computer and if there are issues in the trace, check it with your ISP, maybe they can re-route around so you can get better connection to MAG servers (be sure to send them tracert logs). However, i am not sure how lowering connection could cause this, it might be some issue with their routers too. Thats nightmare for support to solve.

Damaged

Okay so i have finally got this game and it looks like loads of people have left going by this thread? Ive joined raven (Gf's choice, she liked the armour lol) and im only up to level 6 but really enjoying myself so far, even without being in a clan i've felt like there is some teamwork happening.

Gone down the assault rifle route so far and got the grip and optical scope which seems to be helping. Going to save my points for a while and do up the med kit so i can resuscitate other players and pay back the people who have been dragging my corpse through the last few levels :lol

Any hints and tips you guys can offer? i seem to be moving too far forward past the battle line and getting myself in trouble so im going to try and start holding back and maybe follow a group of clan members as support to try and pick up some pointers.

Edt: oh and a clan invite would be cool as well lol, PSN: Armourofcod

Lince

Banned
thank you for the advices on my connection issues, as I said every other online game run flawlessly (specially in 100/16 mode) except for Mag Domination, not the case with Sabotage or Acquisition which run quite well, it's just Domination so I'm not sure it's a tracing issue, and it's been like that since the European server was shut down. I've played the game at a friends (different ISP, router and PS3 model) and Domination was still terrible, so I'm not wasting more time on it, the 30/0.6 trick works for me so if I ever have to play the game again I'll just do it.

Click

Banned
Lince said:
thank you for the advices on my connection issues, as I said every other online game run flawlessly (specially in 100/16 mode) except for Mag Domination, not the case with Sabotage or Acquisition which run quite well, it's just Domination so I'm not sure it's a tracing issue, and it's been like that since the European server was shut down. I've played the game at a friends (different ISP, router and PS3 model) and Domination was still terrible, so I'm not wasting more time on it, the 30/0.6 trick works for me so if I ever have to play the game again I'll just do it.

Just play Sabo. and Acqui. you big baby. :lol

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Damaged said:
Okay so i have finally got this game and it looks like loads of people have left going by this thread? Ive joined raven (Gf's choice, she liked the armour lol) and im only up to level 6 but really enjoying myself so far, even without being in a clan i've felt like there is some teamwork happening.

Gone down the assault rifle route so far and got the grip and optical scope which seems to be helping. Going to save my points for a while and do up the med kit so i can resuscitate other players and pay back the people who have been dragging my corpse through the last few levels :lol

Any hints and tips you guys can offer? i seem to be moving too far forward past the battle line and getting myself in trouble so im going to try and start holding back and maybe follow a group of clan members as support to try and pick up some pointers.

Edt: oh and a clan invite would be cool as well lol, PSN: Armourofcod

I'll throw you a clan invite to the one I have if you want. RavenGAF doesn't really exist anymore but I just vetted right back into Raven (I love Raven) and there is another GAFfer (dazed808) in it. We all play for fun as a group. No one is really insanely hardcore, we just trash talk eachother and have fun.

Right now a few of our hardcore members are doing a quick trophy run but in 2/3 weeks we will have some of our higher scoring members back

!DK (Deth_Klok)

I'll throw you the invite next time I'm on

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Damaged said:
Cheers man, ill keep an eye out :) I'm not great at it but I make up for it with enthusiasm lol

Pft, who cares about great. I've got a grim reaper ribbon, I've got my top squad medal, we play to laugh and have fun. As long as you're enthusiastic we will have fun! (And have a mic, when we do try to win we need to communicate)

Click

Banned
Damaged said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19533294&postcount=2112

http://blog.mag.com/blog/page/9/

http://blog.mag.com/blog/page/10/

http://blog.mag.com/blog/page/11/

http://blog.mag.com/blog/2010/03/mag-skills-explained-electronics/

I doubt you'll get the leadership roles any time soon, since you just started playing MAG. But if you need help with that, just ask.

I'm currently in SVER. Most of us vetted over to SVER but then stopped playing MAG. Maybe some of them will come back in the next few weeks. If you can get through Raven and want to start all over in SVER, let us know and we'll send out an invite.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Click said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19533294&postcount=2112

http://blog.mag.com/blog/page/9/

http://blog.mag.com/blog/page/10/

http://blog.mag.com/blog/page/11/

http://blog.mag.com/blog/2010/03/mag-skills-explained-electronics/

I doubt you'll get the leadership roles any time soon, since you just started playing MAG. But if you need help with that, just ask.

I'm currently in SVER. Most of us vetted over to SVER but then stopped playing MAG. Maybe some of them will come back in the next few weeks. If you can get through Raven and want to start all over in SVER, let us know and we'll send out an invite.
Psh, they quit when they hit SVER because SVER isn't as awesome as RAVEN!

Raven is where its at boy!

Damaged

lsslave said:
Pft, who cares about great. I've got a grim reaper ribbon, I've got my top squad medal, we play to laugh and have fun. As long as you're enthusiastic we will have fun! (And have a mic, when we do try to win we need to communicate)

Yeah I've got a mic somewhere :) will dig it out and throw the charger in it. Already had some asshole asking me if I would glitch in a game with him :( thought I'd left these guys back in MW2

Click

Banned
lsslave said:
Psh, they quit when they hit SVER because SVER isn't as awesome as RAVEN!

Raven is where its at boy!

RavenGAF was cool.
I met Bamelin, leader of the clan.
We vetted with the "veterans," from SVER GAF and Valor GAF.

Those were some good times because we usually had a (near) full squad of players almost daily. I remember defending like pros with GAF and attacking like an actual squad should. When we got the APC with a full squad of GAF (6-8 players), it's a sight to behold, lol.

Even if we don't have the APC on attack, we would use the sweep technique to take over most Domination games we played together. The only time when we had trouble was when our team (platoon / 64 players) were all newbies / n00bs and we played against 2 or more squads full of clan players.

I actually wouldn't mind 'vetting' for the 5th time.
Maybe to RavenGAF again...? :lol

Top Bottom