• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Violater

J-Rzez said:
As always, Zipper is full of win.
One thing disappoints though, and that's the knifing while reloading. That's lame, you should be penalized for reloading, adding the risk/reward. Doesn't make much sense either. You should lose a full mag of ammo if you do it, dropping it to grab the knife.

Is there an install on the retail version? Sorry if I missed it.

I believe it is to compensate for the auto reload.

"Jeremy Dunham replied on January 25, 2010 at 4:08 pm

There is no install, so it’s only the patch."

Cagen

Kowak said:
servers are live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sadpan.jpg

Enjoy, everyone.

Wes said:
Stupid UK release date. The wait to Friday is going to be bloody hard with the rest of you going ape in this thread :(

It is going to be horrible, makes it worse when games have levels/ranks as I have some stupid need to be up there with the head of the pack. 2 DAYS OFF AS WELL, 2 WHOLE BLOODY DAYS!

Kowak

Banned
Ok it's quite worrying as nobody is playing sabotage as everonr is on suppression, looks like the mw crowd are currently playing. I want sabotage.

TheFallen

Kowak said:
Ok it's quite worrying as nobody is playing sabotage as everonr is on suppression, looks like the mw crowd are currently playing. I want sabotage.
It's not even out in the majority of places, and I'd wager most are not at the level required for Sabotage.

Cagen

Kowak said:

I would wager a guess at it being easy XP to level up also, people are probably going to play it exclusively for a few days.

Kowak

Banned
TheFallen said:
It's not even out in the majority of places, and I'd wager most are not at the level required for Sabotage.

actually you can get to sabotage straight away if you complete the training, but everyone is playing suppression.

also Raven Gaf will hopefully be up within the hour. anyone who wants to play on raven add me kowak2009. also all those who want to join the clan give me a psn message.

Boogat

Most people are probably playing Suppression because they are tired of playing Sabotage so much from the previous beta's. Suppression hasn't been unlocked (maybe it did once?) so it's something new that a lot of people want to try out.

Kowak

Banned
Clan name: Raven GAF
Clan tag: GAF

and so we are born, its currently very lonely over here, so people make sure to give me a message on the PSN when you have the game so i can add you to the clan.

wasnt sure what to have as the clan name Raven gaf or neo gaf, decided to go with raven gaf as that is what cagen's designs in the online forum say.

Suppression doesnt seem fun at the moment, its been an hour and not one single sabotage game.

depward

Kowak said:
Clan name: Raven GAF
Clan tag: GAF

and so we are born, its currently very lonely over here, so people make sure to give me a message on the PSN when you have the game so i can add you to the clan.

wasnt sure what to have as the clan name Raven gaf or neo gaf, decided to go with raven gaf as that is what cagen's designs in the online forum say.

Suppression doesnt seem fun at the moment, its been an hour and not one single sabotage game.

Would love to play tonight.. but waiting on Amazon's delivery tomorrow. Will be sending a PSN msg when I'm up and live.

TheSoed

Kowak said:

I should get it tomorrow afternoon (I'm EST) so I'll send a message when I pick mine up. It'll be fun to play properly and not just with randoms like I do with almost every other game.

Still getting this tomorrow. I just read the MAG Blog, and OMG. Zipper fixed the issues I had with the game. The only issues I had really were the sprinting and the framerate issues in Domination. Plus, they added some light stuff to the sky. That's pretty neat that they fixed the problems. Zipper, you rock!

Random thought .... critics are claiming that mag will bomb commercially. At this moment I hope yall would be open to an idea. Why dont the developers give MMO like updates to the government that makes the players feel like there's a history to their struggle. The beta did not give me the impression the developers paid any attention to that aspect. Its very important to differentiating mag from the pack.

TheFallen

Triggafinga said:
Random thought .... critics are claiming that mag will bomb commercially.
It's SCEA, what do you expect? Seriously, what's the point of mentioning it? :lol Doesn't change the fact that MAG is a pretty awesome game.

Triggafinga said:
At this moment I hope yall would be open to an idea. Why dont the developers give MMO like updates to the government that makes the players feel like there's a history to their struggle. The beta did not give me the impression the developers paid any attention to that aspect. Its very important to differentiating mag from the pack.
wat? It sounds like you're asking for something along the lines of cutscenes, which there are some in the final game explaining the shadow war.

I browsed the OP and thread and didn't see anything and since i can't search, was wondering if anyone knows how many maps the game is shipping with?

naib

elohel said:
midnight sales + early class = I'm prolly not goin tonight qq
Current rate of beer consumption + Work tomorrow = I'm probably not getting it tonight.
But I'll be on after work tomorrow!

Looks like my crew is going Raven.

Filldough

TheVisualizer said:
I browsed the OP and thread and didn't see anything and since i can't search, was wondering if anyone knows how many maps the game is shipping with?

I believe on the playstation blog they said its shipping with 15 maps and 5 game modes...

theBishop

Banned
obonicus said:
What should they do, though? Increase recoil? I think a big part of the problem is that the foregrip is way too effective.

Drastically reduce accuracy. That thing should not be remotely effective beyond 2x shottie range. On Darya, I was getting sniped by that damn thing from the A spawn.

theBishop

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
15 maps is pretty damn great for a game like this.

If all the maps were Domination, or even Acquisition yeah. But if you're mostly interested in the showcase 256-player mode, it's 3 maps total. And you only attack 2 of them. Not belittling the work, but that's not enough variety in my opinion.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
theBishop said:
If all the maps were Domination, or even Acquisition yeah. But if you're mostly interested in the showcase 256-player mode, it's 3 maps total. And you only attack 2 of them. Not belittling the work, but that's not enough variety in my opinion.

Ya thats one of my issues with this game. For a pure online game at full price...it should have more maps.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
theBishop said:
Would it help for you if the maps had day/night and weather?
Would help...but after playing Sabotage matches only in beta...I got so tired of those maps and can see that happening to me for the other modes :/

Corran Horn said:
Would help...but after playing Sabotage matches only in beta...I got so tired of those maps and can see that happening to me for the other modes :/

I want to know what happened with some of those amazing concept art maps they had out a while ago.

Click

Banned
obonicus said:
What should they do, though? Increase recoil? I think a big part of the problem is that the foregrip is way too effective.

1) Add a lot more recoil (yes, everyone has already mentioned this), even with a Foregrip and Imrpoved Stability.

2) Make the reload a lot longer, even with Reload Speed skill.

3) Most importantly, make them at least 1000c without modifications.

It's ridiculous how they are only 600c, while the 2nd tier assault rifles are 700c. A machine gun weighing costing than an assault rifle is just retarded.

J-Rzez said:
No midnight sales around here tonight, sadly. So I'll be getting it tomorrow evening likely. : /

That sucks. I'm heading out to get my copy now.
Hopefully I can get the S.V.E.R. clan up and running soon...

Mikey Jr.

My God, I am on the fence for this one.

I was in the beta a long time ago and played it and enjoyed it but there were A LOT of things that needed to be changed/fixed. Gave up on it for a while (character resets brought me down) but I wanted to try it again until I found out I would have to download the MASSIVE client all over again and pretty much gave up on it.

I just dont wanna get burned like I did with Socom confrontation. Honestly, that last minute patch, although a good thing, does not inspire much confidence. Reminds me of confrontation.

I really do hope it turns out awesome, but I'm gonna wait a few weeks. Wait until the dust settles and then come back here and see everyones opinion.

Or I go out and buy the game tomorrow. Shit.

Proc

^Yeah, I'm really not sure either. I want to pick up this game when I go grab ME2 but at the same time, I could totally wait for more impressions in between sessions of mass effect 2.

dorkimoe

If you are on the fence, I can suggest waiting a week. I guarantee, there will be alot of these floating around for cheap for sale on here or wherever you get used games. People dont pay attention to online only on the box, or they just wont like it. Ive seen a used one already

Boogat

The last minute patch is because the game went gold before the public beta began. They couldn't add those fixes to the actual disc because it was already being made... So, the only thing they can do is release a patch on release day. Why would you be worried about that?

naib

Okay, I've been to this Rodeo before. I was planning on skating in at a 1/4 'till midnight, grabbing receipt and sitting in my car until they open the floodgates.

What I didn't anticipate was MAG, ME2 AND Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Shit.
And I was surprised MAG had a midnight release. LOL.
Go figure. I'm still waiting 'till 11:30 to go up there.

<--charging his sundries.

might get TvC.. getting ME2 on Steam

dorkimoe said:
If you are on the fence, I can suggest waiting a week. I guarantee, there will be alot of these floating around for cheap for sale on here or wherever you get used games. People dont pay attention to online only on the box, or they just wont like it. Ive seen a used one already

I would agree except that used games that were just recently released are still like 55 bucks. I'd just as soon pay the extra five to get a sealed copy.

Click

Banned
This 37 MB patch is going excruciatingly slow, especially because everyone in my apartment complex is using the Internet right now. Fuck Time Warner.

LET ME PLAY!!!

Top Bottom