• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

J-Rzez

TheVisualizer said:
I browsed the OP and thread and didn't see anything and since i can't search, was wondering if anyone knows how many maps the game is shipping with?

Pffft... It's in the OP. Don't make me look back like that! :D

theBishop

Banned
dorkimoe said:
If you are on the fence, I can suggest waiting a week. I guarantee, there will be alot of these floating around for cheap for sale on here or wherever you get used games. People dont pay attention to online only on the box, or they just wont like it. Ive seen a used one already

lolwut

My retailer releases it tomorrow here in Sweden. They had better send it today so I'll get it in my mail tomorrow, or I'll have to buy it in town. No way am I waiting another day! Shouldn't there be some streams up soon? I always forget the name of that site where people usually stream footage of all types of games.

mr stroke

Kowak said:
Clan name: Raven GAF
Clan tag: GAF

and so we are born, its currently very lonely over here, so people make sure to give me a message on the PSN when you have the game so i can add you to the clan.

wasnt sure what to have as the clan name Raven gaf or neo gaf, decided to go with raven gaf as that is what cagen's designs in the online forum say.

Suppression doesnt seem fun at the moment, its been an hour and not one single sabotage game.

will be in tomorrow :)

Click

Banned
Giriath_89 said:
Thanks for the stream naib. It looks like grenades will be a bitch. :(

I'd love to join the SVER clan Click, I'll get my copy tomorrow.

Yeah, I can only send out invites once people have logged onto the MAG server.
Otherwise, it doesn't recognize you as a player.

So as soon as people log onto MAG, give me a PM or post here.

jorma

is now taking requests
Giriath_89 said:
My retailer releases it tomorrow here in Sweden. They had better send it today so I'll get it in my mail tomorrow, or I'll have to buy it in town. No way am I waiting another day! Shouldn't there be some streams up soon? I always forget the name of that site where people usually stream footage of all types of games.

Webhallen just shipped my copy so i should have it in the mail in about.. 24 hours. Going to be a long 24 hour wait.

jorma

is now taking requests
By the way has there been any talks on maps/modes where they have all 3 PMC's fighting at the same time?

PEZIX

Banned
Any Valor clans being created?!

The firefights in the beta were fckin insane I think I'm going to enter a slaughter coma with the 256 player mode, I mean WTF seriously :lol

Click

Banned
So I got level 22 in under 5 hours.
4.0 K/D ratio so far.

The LMGs are still overpowered so I'm gonna take full advantage of these things until Zipper nerfs them.

There are still pop-ins but not much rubberbanding.

The skins for armor are now locked so you gotta level up really high to unlock them all.
I didn't even see the Face Wrap for SVER at all. Not sure what level you're supposed to get it at.

The pre-order skins are more than just cosmetic.
You actually get a medium-heavy armor set (Enhanced Ballistic Vest) that costs 800c.

OK, too tired. Gonna go to sleep for a few hours then wake up for class.
I'll try to add anyone to the SVER clan when I get up. Just PM me your exact PSN ID.

Violater

Click said:
4.0 K/D ratio so far.

The LMGs are still overpowered so I'm gonna take full advantage of these things until Zipper nerfs them.

The skins for armor are now locked so you gotta level up really high to unlock them all.
I didn't even see the Face Wrap for SVER at all. Not sure what level you're supposed to get it at.

You actually get a medium-heavy armor set (Enhanced Ballistic Vest) that costs 800c.

I'll try to add anyone to the SVER clan when I get up. Just PM me your exact PSN ID.

WTF, no catching you now.

Click said:
4.0 K/D ratio so far.

How are graphics, framerate and sound? Have they been noticeably improved?

Violater

So no word on the overall "Improvements"?
The number of maps we are going to have is still bugging me and is the only low point of the game I can see holding a lot of people back.
Releasing paid maps as DLC always splinters the user base.

I am hoping Zipper becomes more open with their post release support plans very soon.
I am sure they know how rabi... ahm overly enthusiastic their fans can become in no time.

sk3tch

Click said:
SVER clan up.
Let me know as soon as you log on so I can invite.

I played last night...but just to level 4. Had to go to bed. :) So yeah, I'm in - sk3tchcom.

Anyone else have any problems with the Gamestop bonus? Mine didn't download (it accepted it, then just sat there - exited and re-entered, nada - and nothing in my game)...wondering if I need to go get another one.

Wes

venison crêpe
I don't know whether to risk pre-ordering it and hope it arrives Thursday and doesn't get delayed until over the weekend or just to go out Friday morning and pick it up!

TheFallen

darkwing said:
to those who are playing, what are the % of people using mics?
If the beta/tourney was any indication, I'd say about 30-60% of the players. Which is actually a lot when you consider how many players there are. Sometimes you get a bunch of people talking non-stop and it can be distracting, sometimes you get players who are quiet and know when to speak up, some in-between. Generally a good balance.

TheFallen said:
If the beta/tourney was any indication, I'd say about 30-60% of the players. Which is actually a lot when you consider how many players there are. Sometimes you get a bunch of people talking non-stop and it can be distracting, sometimes you get players who are quiet and know when to speak up, some in-between. Generally a good balance.

isn't there a chat-text feature though as well?

NEOPARADIGM said:
I would agree except that used games that were just recently released are still like 55 bucks. I'd just as soon pay the extra five to get a sealed copy.

but if you buy used from Gamestop you also have a week to try the game and if you don't like it you can just return it.

darkwing

TheFallen said:
If there is, I've never seen it. I think they said they were going to consider making it for a future patch.

i think its going to be tough typing especially in the last stage of a Domination match :lol

Violater said:
So no word on the overall "Improvements"?
The number of maps we are going to have is still bugging me and is the only low point of the game I can see holding a lot of people back.
Releasing paid maps as DLC always splinters the user base.

I am hoping Zipper becomes more open with their post release support plans very soon.
I am sure they know how rabi... ahm overly enthusiastic their fans can become in no time.

Theres a big official patch out and notes on the mag blog site which give you a run down whats different. 15 maps is plenty imho for day one.

Violater

supermackem said:
Theres a big official patch out and notes on the mag blog site which give you a run down whats different. 15 maps is plenty imho for day one.

Hmm, I yea I posted the notes a page back, was more asking people who have played the release version.
Its actually 11 maps per faction,
The training map is just a walkthrough map
Leaves you with practically 10

The Suppression and Sabotage maps are reported as being very similar.
So that's 9 maps for all intents and purposes.

sk3tch

sk3tch said:
Anyone else have any problems with the Gamestop bonus? Mine didn't download (it accepted it, then just sat there - exited and re-entered, nada - and nothing in my game)...wondering if I need to go get another one.

To answer my own question - you apparently don't download anything for the S.V.E.R. hazard kit...it shows up under services in account management. I checked my account just now (and accepted Cagen's friend request :)) - sure enough it's there. Although I did not see it in my load-out screen in-game last night...weird.

http://forums.mag.com/mag/board/message?board.id=generaldiscussion&thread.id=208812

Torgo

Had a great time with Bishop, Kowak, and Bagelmeister (sorry, forgot the full name :lol ) The retail game has really surprised me when compared to the beta, and I'm quite happy so far.

Go Raven!!!

Picked up the game before work today! I'm signed up in the online matchup forum under Raven...but still waffling between them and Valor....who should i choose?!

surefire1982 said:
Picked up the game before work today! I'm signed up in the online matchup forum under Raven...but still waffling between them and Valor....who should i choose?!
Indecisiveness is a sign of weakness.

Choose Valor.

Top Bottom