• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

sk3tch

Just got a quick game in during lunch...almost went up two levels (6 - 8) in one match...love having all this fresh meat...makes me look damn good (I am very average). :lol

Click...thanks for the clan invite. I am all set, now. I also found my Gamestop armor and equipped it...stuff rocks. S.V.E.R.!

icechai

hey guys, been out of gaming for a while and haven't played since the first Beta w/ a few of you. For those of you who played a few months ago, has there been graphical/animation improvements since then? I remember thinking the gameplay had potential but it looked a bit clunky.

jorma

is now taking requests
Lagspike_exe said:
He said it's his first FPS. :p

Yeah, i can believe that.

He is fucking terrible. Using sniper rifles in close quarter combat. wtf? lol

i said i was being polite =)

Found another stream with a dude playing sver who was better.

Noshino

Damn, more people, more mics, awesome :D

Anyway, is it me, or is the game a tad more "brown" than before?

Oh, and who is the Raven clan leader? :C

jorma said:
Found another stream with a dude playing sver who was better.

Link?

Also, (another :lol ) request to people that have the game - if the game has a leaderboard (I played a long time ago :lol ), can you take a look at it and post the number of registered players?

Liberty4all

Banned
Anyone else having the same problem as me?

I really wanted to go Raven but my pre order came with the Sver *shudder* armour. As other people have indicated the pre order armour actually does have some stat differences.

godamnit I don't want to go Sver but the shiny armour ... :(

Kyoufu said:
He is fucking terrible. Using sniper rifles in close quarter combat. wtf? lol

lol at least I learned how to do certain actions in the game i.e. heal with all the people in the chat yelling at him every 5 seconds to hit L2 lol

CozMick said:
How can sites get away with reviewing the damn beta?

Even if they did get there hands on a retail copy then surely this is a game that requires days, not minutes to get a full written review of how it is?

There's deadlines and reviewers has had the game for some time now. There's been schedueled press fights and so on. So it's not like they took a look at some trailers and played it at E3 and started writing the review.

sk3tch

Bamelin said:
Anyone else having the same problem as me?

I really wanted to go Raven but my pre order came with the Sver *shudder* armour. As other people have indicated the pre order armour actually does have some stat differences.

godamnit I don't want to go Sver but the shiny armour ... :(

Try the buy/sell/trade thread?

Gamestop in the U.S. only offered S.V.E.R. to all. You can keep it forever...meaning when you eventually switch PMCs you can then utilize it.

It's just another option for armor - not some God-like stat boost. 800c load-out...

Noshino

Ok, this is bull

Raven Sab, 16 secs to go and SVER set up explosives, and all of a sudden, the clock freezes... til the C blows up.

Does anyone know how long it takes for explosives to detonate? I recall it being more than 16 seconds >_<

jorma

is now taking requests
Noshino said:
I really never paid much attention to it (seems like a weird decision though), but if so, my bad :)

in the 'story' of the game, time running out is just the commander deciding that the attack has failed and that your PMC has to retreat. Would not make much sense to decide that a retreat is in order when you are finally reaching the objective :p

KGKK

Banned
So how is the game holding up up for you guys? Won't be able to play it till late late late tonight. Will probably be too drunk to play.

Violater

alr1ghtstart said:
i thought the clock freezes when the explosive is set.
Just means you should never give up until the game is really over.
I have won many a game when the defense dropped its guard in the last 2 minutes.

Kyoufu

Noshino said:
I really never paid much attention to it (seems like a weird decision though), but if so, my bad :)

That is actually the best decision one could make. Gives new meaning to planting explosives with only 10 seconds remaining.

ZZMitch

Kyoufu said:
That is actually the best decision one could make. Gives new meaning to planting explosives with only 10 seconds remaining.

Yeah I agree. I hate it when those type of games die down with a minute or less left just because the timer doesn't stop...

Shurs

Got the game, logged in, downloaded updates, accepted Cagen's friend invite and now I have to a work related event for the next 4 hours. Damn.

I'll see you all tonight!

TheFallen

Sent you a PM Click for a SVER invite, but if any officer is online before him, send me an invite. (PSN ID: Xploited13)

I like the differences between the betas, except the draw distance seems to have more fog, and some of the lighting is different (had to change gamma since a lot is too dark).

Kowak

Banned
Raven Gaf is now five strong.

edit: i wont be back on tonight but if lyou leave me a psn message i might be able to invite you to the clan when i wake up 4(11pm est).

Otherwise Ian or Das-J are online and can invite you if you send them a psn message

P.S. sorry nosh, i dont think i made you an officer yet but will do so tomorrow.

Norml

CozMick said:
How can sites get away with reviewing the damn beta?

Even if they did get there hands on a retail copy then surely this is a game that requires days, not minutes to get a full written review of how it is?

yeah, I want to see what Level they are at. The earlier IGN preview had them complaining nobody would revive which is crazy as people will jump to revive because that give lots of points.

sun-drop

Vinterbird said:
There's deadlines and reviewers has had the game for some time now. There's been schedueled press fights and so on. So it's not like they took a look at some trailers and played it at E3 and started writing the review.

from the euro gamer account of how that went down ...sounded like a bit of a fail on zippers part. pretty much people running around not healing any one..aka ...much like anyone's first hours with the game.

and i suspect a bunch of lazy sites will base entire reviews off that. lame if so.

i mean zipper should ahve made the defauklt loadout for that even one with revive med kits enabled etc and pointed out what we all know, that the fastest way to level up if reviving peeps.

lets hope 1up does what they usually do and wait at least a few days before reviewing.

Top Bottom