• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

WiCkEd_Co

I have not really followed this game and only bits and pieces of this thread, So if I pick up this game and pick my faction and say 3 of my online friends have it but we are all different faction we can never play together on the same team?

WiCkEd_Co said:
I have not really followed this game and only bits and pieces of this thread, So if I pick up this game and pick my faction and say 3 of my online friends have it but we are all different faction we can never play together on the same team?

No. You can only play on the same team with people from your faction.

Let's go SVER!!!

012620101498.jpg

templeusox said:
They don't give you the player count in Suppression so it's impossible to tell how many are in-game at a time.

Well, if they retain 4 players per second, during 24 hours that would be a total of 4*3600*24 = 345.600 players.

..... but that would be waaaaay too awesome, so we're just gonna wait for NPD to take a closer peak at the game's sales...

Unless DAS-J posts a big green, so we know thing are going alright. :D

Sorry for bringing in sales into this thread. :p

Cagen

Picking up MAG tomorrow, 2 days before official release. I am as excited as a giggling school girl getting fondled behind the bike sheds.

depward

Kowak said:
Raven Gaf is now five strong.

edit: i wont be back on tonight but if lyou leave me a psn message i might be able to invite you to the clan when i wake up 4(11pm est).

Otherwise Ian or Das-J are online and can invite you if you send them a psn message

P.S. sorry nosh, i dont think i made you an officer yet but will do so tomorrow.

Didn't catch your game invite earlier; apologies.

Raven GAF: I'll be online for the next couple of hours or so... I do believe I have invite powers so send me a PSN message if you want a clan invite.

Cruzader

Banned
Cmon guys, who ordered via Amazon and hate Home? I need the SVER Space hook up!

Also although Beta 5 didnt sell the game to me, ill still get it later int the year.

One last thing, if you want to get a Sony Headset for cheap, there is a sale of "Tom Clancy's Endwar" BT bundle for $20 at Best-buy. YMMV though but it beats getting it for $50 if you find it.

Captain N said:
How do you unlock new weapons? Just reaching new levels?

When you level up, you get a skill point.

You, then, spend skill points on skills/items.

When you unlock a certain weapon, you need to edit your loadout so it includes the newly aquired weapons, if you wish so.

Captain N

Lagspike_exe said:
When you level up, you get a skill point.

You, then, spend skill points on skills/items.

When you unlock a certain weapon, you need to edit your loadout so it includes the newly aquired weapons, if you wish so.

sweet..

I'm a level 6 now and have been spending my skill points on first aid stuff.

Beardz

Lagspike_exe said:
That's a smart decision, since you'll speed up XP gain and thus speed up leveling quite a bit. :)

AND sometimes, having a living teammate is a little bit more useful than having a dead one... :p

Click

Banned
Just sent out a bunch of SVER invites.
Check your Community page.

If I missed anyone or if you just logged onto MAG servers, let me know.

J-Rzez

Still surprised how smooth this is running on launch day. Most flawless MP launch this gen. Hats off Zipper. Have to take a break, do some paperwork, and I'll most certainly be back later. Such a damn good time.

Violater

J-Rzez said:
Still surprised how smooth this is running on launch day. Most flawless MP launch this gen. Hats off Zipper. Have to take a break, do some paperwork, and I'll most certainly be back later. Such a damn good time.

Good gives me a chance to get some points :lol

J-Rzez said:

That's very encouraging news. I can't wait to join Raven in their quest for world domination. Kowak, I'll be in touch on Friday.

J-Rzez

Das-J said:
We are going to dominate! :D

Had to go the Raven route eh? It's to be known all friendships are off on the battlefield...

Violater said:
Good gives me a chance to get some points :lol

:lol

Doesn't take too long to get that XP now, feasting on the souls of the many noobs in the game. Or considering how SVER just dominates the two others.

depward

A quick tip to those who wonder why they can't resuscitate after spending the required skill points on it: make sure you have the proper equipment equipped. Nothing like seeing a player squat down near you and just stand there, trying to rez you.

Once I hit level 4 and could pump skill points into healing / rezzing, I'm finding myself leveling a lot quicker (as I did during the beta).

Das-J

Law of the West
J-Rzez said:
Had to go the Raven route eh? It's to be known all friendships are off on the battlefield...

Yeah, rolled SVER and Valor during the beta phases and wanted to mix it up a bit!

Don't worry though, I make taking a ton of bullets to the face a distinct pleasure... :lol

Up to level 6 now, SVER is rocking everyone like no other. Game so freaking good, there is some awesome teamwork going even with the lack of communication.

web.jpg

To pre-empt the predictable "the issue must be on your end" responses: I am posting from the same connection so it's not an ISP issue, the beta worked fine for me and I have NAT Type 2.

Shurs

polyh3dron said:
Is anyone else consistently losing their connection to the "game universe"?

This didn't happen to me in the beta :(

This is happening to me as well. It let me log in earlier. This is upsetting,

Violater

polyh3dron said:
web.jpg

To pre-empt the predictable "the issue must be on your end" responses: I am posting from the same connection so it's not an ISP issue, the beta worked fine for me and I have NAT Type 2.

Same here
There goes the flawless lauch.

Way to fight success Zipper

Top Bottom