• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Liberty4all

Banned
Jesse Jane said:
is this what you guys are looking for ?

Main objectives, i.e. Burnoff Towers, Cooling Towers, and Pump Controls are ALWAYS Frago targets.

The squad leader can then designate one other target to Frago(what does that even mean anyway?). The idea is setting a target will cause all the idiots playing to swarm the target for the, "OMGzorZ, MOAR of teh EXPzsorzezz".

Unfortunately, that doesn't work, and most of the time people will not listen, and instead go after whatever target they want.

That said, on defender, quick hop in the turret of a bunker, and Frago the bunker. Double exp.

Thanks Jesse that was exactly what I was looking for.

So basically always fraggo other minor objectives like repairing gates, turrets, etc.

Are secondary objectives (like AA guns) ALWAYS frago targets too?

Hixx

Just got this from Gamestation. Bloke behind the counter decided to mock me :|

"Don't think we'll see anyone buy MAG in the next 2 weeks... oh look!" was his first line. "You do know its online only?"

No mate I missed the big red bar saying exactly that. "256 player... I don't think so. 256 players: server crash." You reckon? "Yep. Did you, er, play Killzone 2?" Not being a fan I say a bit and then he says "well you should know. That only had 32 players and the servers are crap" :lol

They wouldn't fucking sell me it either. 19 and they wanted to ID me for a 16 (saying I had to be 21??) First time that's ever happened. Was actually quite embarrassing. He did tell me I could take it back within 10 days for an exchange :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wes said:
THE BRITISH ARE COMING.

8a4ibtj.gif

It works.

Tempted to respec'd myself too. I had added a reload faster on the heavy weapons that I don't use, as well as the Improved shot detection and put them towards the assault weapons.

Cagen

Bamelin said:
Are secondary objectives (like AA guns) ALWAYS frago targets too?
No, just the primary objectives.

For those asking what FRAGO means, it stands for FRAGmentation Order aka blow it up.

jorma

is now taking requests
Kyoufu said:
Holy shit I won my first game ever thanks to Wes and Bluie :lol

Was it aquisition? That was my first attempt at squad leader. And yeah, that win was totally down to us :p

BeeDog

Sorry if my OCD is bothering people :D ; Has any NON-UK'er ordered the CE from ShopTo? If yes, is the game localized, and does the PSN voucher code work on your non-UK account?

Once again, sorry for being a pain, my OCD is annoying.

Bamelin said:
Great games last night Raven GAF. Sorry about the mortar incident on that aquisition map. If it's any consolation I took a - 30 or so point hit. Worst Squad leader evar confirmed!

Valuable lesson learned though ... be veerrrry careful when calling in mortar strikes! :D

Hahaha..yeah i remember that Bamelin...luckily i was safely in the bunker on the turret :D

it was fun playing with you guys last night. an organized squad makes a *huge* difference!

Kyoufu

jorma said:
Was it aquisition? That was my first attempt at squad leader. And yeah, that win was totally down to us :p

Yeah it was Acquisition. The game is a lot of fun with 128 people running around. I can't imagine what its like with 256 :eek:

HixxSAFC said:
Just got this from Gamestation. Bloke behind the counter decided to mock me :|

"Don't think we'll see anyone buy MAG in the next 2 weeks... oh look!" was his first line. "You do know its online only?"

No mate I missed the big red bar saying exactly that. "256 player... I don't think so. 256 players: server crash." You reckon? "Yep. Did you, er, play Killzone 2?" Not being a fan I say a bit and then he says "well you should know. That only had 32 players and the servers are crap" :lol

They wouldn't fucking sell me it either. 19 and they wanted to ID me for a 16 (saying I had to be 21??) First time that's ever happened. Was actually quite embarrassing. He did tell me I could take it back within 10 days for an exchange :lol

Was that the one in sunderland lol, games stores do employ idots dont they.

Well.

I didn't get the invite to ValorGAF though I did meet a bunch of badasses last night.

Hell every single map we played we were doing our objectives plus everyone elses.

Thought that shit was pretty funny that our ONE squad has to do the work of 3 or 4 squads.

P.S.

FUCK YOU SVER

KZObsessed

Just played acquisition, kinda dull really, plus got some lag at the end with ppl pausing and stuttering. Odd seeing as the domination game I played before that was completely fine, just random I guess.

I have gotten stuck on the loading screen before a match twice now, one I had to reset my PS3, the other just restart the game. Annoying.

Violater said:
Why do dumb ass squad leaders keep sending in bombers without first taking down the AAA.

Because they are idiots......

I might end quitting this game because of all the idiots that try and play it like TDM.

PuMa

MidnightRider said:
Well.

I didn't get the invite to ValorGAF though I did meet a bunch of badasses last night.

Hell every single map we played we were doing our objectives plus everyone elses.

Thought that shit was pretty funny that our ONE squad has to do the work of 3 or 4 squads.

P.S.

FUCK YOU SVER

You hadn't logged in to the MAG servers yet when I sent the invite. Ill get that invite to you tonight.

Facism

possibly not the place to post this, but anybody know the cheapest place i could get this from in the UK? Just realised it's £40 pretty much every shop i go to (except GAME and Gamestation, they added an extra £3 for the douchebags they need for their wimpering leaky arsehole employees).

KZObsessed

Facism said:
possibly not the place to post this, but anybody know the cheapest place i could get this from in the UK? Just realised it's £40 pretty much every shop i go to (except GAME and Gamestation, they added an extra £3 for the douchebags they need for their wimpering leaky arsehole employees).

£35 at shopto

Plus I saw an ad in the Metro about trading in a game at Blockbuster and getting MAG for £15. Didn't mention which games you can trade in tho.

Anyone have a weapon/attachement/item stat sheet with weights and dmg/accuracy etc..?

ANyone wanna share there loadouts too btw? Heres mine, and Id love some insight and opinion on were Im at and were Im going..

Ok, Im lvl 25 SVER, I have 24 pts spent and 1 banked (Going for Explosive Res. next, need 4pts)

Support
Med Kit 2pts, Revive 2pts, Enhanced Revive 3pts
Total- 7pts

Gun-LMG

Reload 1pt, Grip 2 pts, Sight 2pts, Improved Stability 3pts, PSK 5pts
Total- 13pts

Athlet.
Improved Hearing 1pt, Sprint Recovery 1pt, Increased Endurance 2pts
Total- 4pts

Thats my first 24 points in my 25 Lvls...here is my almost 100% plan for my next 25'ish
points.

First and Foremost! My next 9 pts are going into Athlet.
Which will be..
Explosive Resistance 4pts, Increased Health 5pts
Total- 9pts

Secondary Loadout Weapon- Assualt Rifle
Grip 2pts, Sight 2pts, Steady Aim 2pts, Stability 1pt, AK94 3pts, AK103 5pts, Silencer 2 pts
Total- 17pts

So, there you go...theres my first 25 pts (1 still banked away) and my almost cetain next 25.
So I have pretty much 50pts set in stone with about 10 left over.

So suggestions? Insight? Share your own builds?
Please guys Id love some input and suggestions!!!

Liberty4all

Banned
Pkm said:
Anyone have a weapon/attachement/item stat sheet with weights and dmg/accuracy etc..?

ANyone wanna share there loadouts too btw? Heres mine, and Id love some insight and opinion on were Im at and were Im going..

Ok, Im lvl 25 SVER, I have 24 pts spent and 1 banked (Going for Explosive Res. next, need 4pts)

Support
Med Kit 2pts, Revive 2pts, Enhanced Revive 3pts
Total- 7pts

Gun-LMG

Reload 1pt, Grip 2 pts, Sight 2pts, Improved Stability 3pts, PSK 5pts
Total- 13pts

Athlet.
Improved Hearing 1pt, Sprint Recovery 1pt, Increased Endurance 2pts
Total- 4pts

Thats my first 24 points in my 25 Lvls...here is my almost 100% plan for my next 25'ish
points.

First and Foremost! My next 9 pts are going into Athlet.
Which will be..
Explosive Resistance 4pts, Increased Health 5pts
Total- 9pts

Secondary Loadout Weapon- Assualt Rifle
Grip 2pts, Sight 2pts, Steady Aim 2pts, Stability 1pt, AK94 3pts, AK103 5pts, Silencer 2 pts
Total- 17pts

So, there you go...theres my first 25 pts (1 still banked away) and my almost cetain next 25.
So I have pretty much 50pts set in stone with about 10 left over.

So suggestions? Insight? Share your own builds?
Please guys Id love some input and suggestions!!!

The third tier LMG is really heavy (PSK is SVER 3rd tier LMG right). I love my Raven version but I'm kind of regretting putting 5 pts into it as it's really limitting me on being able to carry much else (I have a med kit on every character I carry as I'm also fully specced medic). I can't even afford to put attachments on my medium LMG due to weight issues.

Might want to think about weight considerations ... the guided rocket launcher I"ve been hearing is really useful (situational but useful) I"m thinking about that. Also thinking about the tech line that leads up to poison gas (my anti SVER weapon of choice)

Bamelin said:
The third tier LMG is really heavy. I love it but I'm kind of regretting putting 5 pts into it as it's really limiting me on being able to carry much else (I have a med kit on every character I carry as I'm also fully specced medic).

Might want to think about weight considerations ... the guided rocket launcher I"ve been hearing is really useful (situational but useful) I"m thinking about that. Also thinking about the tech line that leads up to poison gas (my ani SVER weapon of choice)

Yes, Im really considering my last 10pts to go into the explosvies line

Clays--> Enhanced Explosives (Set charges/disable faster)-->AT Mines--> Posion Gas

And yes the third tier LMG is HEAVY!
With my 6 loadouts I have 2 loadouts with it on, its just Medkit and gun with attachments, Heavy Armor.
Second Loadout is the same, but with Medium Armor and nades
Third Loadout is first Tier LMG with all the goodies (Heavy Armor/Nades)

My Last 3 Loadouts consist of 3 Assualt Rifle builds of various Armor weights and attachments.

MidnightRider said:
Because they are idiots......

I might end quitting this game because of all the idiots that try and play it like TDM.

A lot of it could just be people testing stuff out and seeing how it works...hopefully.

It will be interseting to see how strategies and gameplay evolves in the coming months.

How dumb am I. This whole week I thought all you guys that were playing were in the UK. For some reason I thought the game didn't come out till today in the US. Damn this whole time I could have been playing.

Cellbomber said:
A lot of it could just be people testing stuff out and seeing how it works...hopefully.

It will be interseting to see how strategies and gameplay evolves in the coming months.

This.

I'm willing to bet 90% of the MAG community is made up of MW2 faithful. The strategy for both games are extremely different and you can't be blaming people for sticking to MW2 "tactics". Once everyone gets a week or two with the game we'll be seeing alot more strategizing going on and a lot less run and gun.

Hell, I'm guilty for running and gunning when I played MAG for the first time.

icechai

nice games last night SVER GAF :) Although its funny in the games where we're outnumbered cuz ppl quit and Click starts getting frustrated and starts yelling for everyone to please follow him this time.

For those who were on the beta but have been waiting, this game is MUCH more polished now. I used to crash every other match in the beta, and 6 hrs yesterday I only had 2 disconnects cuz of my wifi. I think it looks better now too, definitely no KZ2 or MW2, but you won't really notice it when bullets from a turret are flying by, your buddies are shooting rockets at it, and you're dodging grenades/reviving people with your med kit.

They really need more info or manuals on how to do things in the interface. I didn't even know they implemented the party system until I got a invite.

KZObsessed

BruceLeeRoy said:
How dumb am I. This whole week I thought all you guys that were playing were in the UK. For some reason I thought the game didn't come out till today in the US. Damn this whole time I could have been playing.

WOW

switch-it

Banned
Saw the first quicklook video on this from GiantBomb and I’m not so sure I’m going to like it. He spaw-ned, run a while and got killed shortly thereafter. That's not very appealing to me if that's how the main gameplay will be. Or.. maybe Jeff just suck at FPS'es :lol

Fixed1979

BruceLeeRoy said:
:lol :lol :lol

Liberty4all

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:

homer-doh.jpg

icechai

switch-it said:
Saw the first quicklook video on this from GiantBomb and I’m not so sure I’m going to like it. He spaw-ned, run a while and got killed shortly thereafter. That's not very appealing to me if that's how the main gameplay will be. Or.. maybe Jeff just suck at FPS'es :lol

stick with your squad, people will res/heal you if you get hurt/die. You all go towards objectives together. It's fun :) Also you can just be in support and repair your APC/jeep or turrets to keep the pressure on if you don't like shooting ppl 24/7.

Noshino

Kyoufu said:
Holy shit I won my first game ever thanks to Wes and Bluie :lol

Bluie was fun. Bamelin is as well. as a matter of fact, all of Raven GAF is!

Anyway, sorry poly, the electrician was working at my house yesterday, so I had to leave in the middle of the match (sob blew my microwave :C), today I have a relatives birthday...so hopefully I can get at least one match tonight.

Liberty4all

Banned
Noshino said:
Bluie was fun. Bamelin is as well.

Anyway, sorry poly, the electrician was working at my house yesterday, so I had to leave in the middle of the match (sob blew my microwave :C), today I have a relatives birthday...so hopefully I can get at least one match tonight.

I felt soo bad last night when I accidently mortared our entire squad.

Longest dead silence moment ever except for me babbling out apologies. :D

Hixx

Facism said:

Was £36 in my local Gamestation... apparently a price match as on the receipt it was £39.99.

Violater

switch-it said:

Same thing can happen playing any other FPS, especially the ones where the weapons are overpowered and the maps excessively small.

Bamelin said:
I felt soo bad last night when I accidently mortared our entire squad.

Longest dead silence moment ever except for me babbling out apologies. :D

I kept hearing you apologize but I was nowhere near what had happened so I didn't know what went wrong.

It's all good though! Battle didn't seem like it was going our way at that point.

Top Bottom