• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

AstroMan

Banned
Just got my PlayStation 3 along with a copy of MAG. I really like it thus far, though I'm still trying to get a feel of the DualShock again after a couple years of using the 360 pad and KB/M.

Hopefully this'll tide me over until I can get some more games.

Kyoufu

AstroMan said:
Just got my PlayStation 3 along with a copy of MAG. I really like it thus far, though I'm still trying to get a feel of the DualShock again after a couple years of using the 360 pad and KB/M.

Hopefully this'll tide me over until I can get some more games.

Don't pick Raven.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
AstroMan said:
I went SVER.
thumbdown.jpg

BAN THIS JUNIOR

Bajan32

Anerythristic said:
Lmao.. That shit is so fucking funny because it's true. We played a Dom mach against SVER and tore through their frontline and spent much of the rest of the game wondering why no other platoon was breaking through.... That was until the next game... Same thing except we were spawning on the east side this time... Then it looked exactly like that pic.

Hella fun games earlier tho Raven

jorma

is now taking requests
I wonder if Raven isn't slowly getting our shit together. I think i've won half of the games i played this morning (though that includes the games i had with US Raven until they went to bed). And the commanders are improving as well, there were no games were the squad leader failed to set any objectives.

70% fun 30% frustration so far today!

and bunker.jpg would have been more funny if it wasn't so accurate :p

Violater

deepbrown said:
Looks like it might have to be SVER....though being bossed around by Violator might make me wince! :)

Shut your cake hole and fix that gate!!
:D

Lol all the MW loving noobs are playing supression

templeusox said:
Awesome games tonight Raven. Especially the last one I played where we beat SVER in Domination. It didn't hurt that we had some random platoon leader or OIC who was so intense-sounding, I could have sworn he was reading his orders off a script.
:lol

Yea SVER can be beat on all their maps. Yea it's hard but I think after a few weeks the communication amongst the platoons and leaders will be better and new strategies will be created. We are still in that period where everyone is learning all the options and how to play.

Wonder how creative zipper will/can be? Is it possible for them to update and completely change layouts of maps? Would be nice every few months for this to happen if so.

Had a great time in the Raven groups last night. Sorry when squad leader switched to me mid match. It was my first time and I had no clue how to set points and do strikes. I need to group up with randoms and practice the leader roles:lol

Shurs

Violater said:
Shut your cake hole and fix that gate!!
:D

Lol all the MW loving noobs are playing supression

I feel always play a warmup match of Suppression match to start out. It's like the first course of a nice meal.

Lince

Banned
yeah maybe the maps are not balanced enough? the last game I played yesterday was Domination (SVER defending) and we didn't get any damage, we lost the bunker to the enemy only once but we took it back in less than a mintue :lol

I remember FFO got almost 60 kills and everyone did fantastic defending the bunker and destroying enemy vehicles as they tried to rush inside (lol I destroyed 15 and get 3 ribbons for it). On the other hand the game before that we were attacking and couldn't make past their first line of defense... I'm enjoying the game a lot anyway, hope they can improve framerate for Domination as it really affects my aim and overall focus on the game.

peetfeet

Anyone else having major lag/connection issues atm? i've been running around a map dead for 5 mins! Shoot people with no effect then 'dying' suddenly...

Edit: keep getting dc from server now :(

The maps favor SVER it's not even funny. The comic posted pretty much nails it. Walls of bunkers and defendable positions. The Raven specifically have awful defense layouts with lots of holes.

slider

I'm about to noob it up on a friend's PS3 (under his account). I have no idea of game modes, maps or anything. Fingers crossed...

Safe Bet

Banned
All this talk of a SVER advantage is making Raven or Valor sound more and more appealing to a real gamer like me...

:p

As soon as I can get the blu-ray drive in my PS3 repaired, all you bitches are belong to me.

;)

jetsetfluken said:
With all this talk about "superior" SVER map positions, it's making me consider switching from Raven. :(

So your going to jump to SVER? Really this is the worst thing that happens with online games, people jumping ship to the "superior" side. Tends to make things worse.

Holy fuck shit. I just bought the game yesterday and while playtime was limited I went with the squad that looked the most badass; which happened to be SVER, lol.

I actually considered Raven however the main advantage of SVER is their maps? What about Valor?

Also, are there clans for each faction?

theBishop

Banned
slider said:
I'm about to noob it up on a friend's PS3 (under his account). I have no idea of game modes, maps or anything. Fingers crossed...

You should try to get a shepard from gaf just to ease you into it and answer any questions you may have.

TheFatOne

PuMa said:
I smell a deserter. Switch now traitor.

Just read this :lol I am going to have to switch at least twice to get the platinum trophy. BTW PuMa there is a really great gaffer who wants to join Valor. I will send you his name on PSN.
Zipper really has to fix the SVER maps. Especially the acquisition map. Why would you make a map like that? It makes no fucking sense.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BattleMonkey said:
So your going to jump to SVER? Really this is the worst thing that happens with online games, people jumping ship to the "superior" side. Tends to make things worse.

It's true, and in the end, the "superior" side really isn't superior once the other side gets with it. That said, I'm SVER, and we win easily almost all the damn time. But people can complain about maps or whatever, but all I see is such stupidity from the other 2 factions that I just shake my head. "Hey, let's take this apc right up to the bunker!" Also, I'm not sure if you guys get a sniper bonus or whatever, but I see a ton of people just hanging back, trying to pick us off.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
commish said:
It's true, and in the end, the "superior" side really isn't superior once the other side gets with it. That said, I'm SVER, and we win easily almost all the damn time. But people can complain about maps or whatever, but all I see is such stupidity from the other 2 factions that I just shake my head. "Hey, let's take this apc right up to the bunker!" Also, I'm not sure if you guys get a sniper bonus or whatever, but I see a ton of people just hanging back, trying to pick us off.

Because every route into SVERs area, are funneled into the bunkers. There's no secondary ways into or around them. The bunker picture comes off as exaggeration, but it's pretty accurate.

Lan_97

I really like this game, and I usually don't play online FPS. The maps are really unbalanced though, and the weapon differences don't do much to compensate. I see stupid shit being done from both sides, except it gets a certain pmc farther than the other.

Also, playing a crappy squad sucks. I got disconnected from the GAF group multiple times last night and had to join their game sometimes on a different squad. No FRAGOs, no medics. I noticed that on SVER Domination, my disorderly non-GAF squad was forced into sniping positions for the most part. It was just so easy to hold down the SVER portion of the map.

Safe Bet

Banned
Give a buff to Valor/Raven weapons and see how quickly all the "SVER IS OP!!!" complaints fade into black...

Disclamier: I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about. Don't listen to me.

Top Bottom