• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

NeoUltima

Any GAFers stream MAG? I have no money for the game now :((ok I technically do but I need to be conservative). I find it to be a very fun game to just watch.

ZZMitch

Gosh, I feel so proud... Valor is the best PMC simply because we have beat SVER once when we attack in domination... ONCE bitches. Beat that!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
NeoUltima said:
Any GAFers stream MAG? I have no money for the game now :((ok I technically do but I need to be conservative). I find it to be a very fun game to just watch.
I could...but I usually just record videos and put onto youtube. Im not sure how streaming would affect my lag on MAG

NeoUltima

Corran Horn said:
I could...but I usually just record videos and put onto youtube. Im not sure how streaming would affect my lag on MAG
Ah its ok. Wouldn't want you to lag :p. There are usually random streams on but I'd be cool to watch GAF. I suppose I'll eventually give in and purchase if no one streams :).

Kowak

Banned
Bajan32 said:
Can I respectfully ask to be upgraded to Officer of GAFven? I'll be a good officer I promise

First you must perform certain acts.

sure i was gonna make you one anyways as you were active in the beta and on the forum, plus hopefully willing to perform acts

Bajan32

Kowak said:
First you must perform certain acts.

sure i was gonna make you one anyways as you were active in the beta and on the forum, plus hopefully willing to perform acts

as long as these acts dont involve dolphins ill be a willing participant <.<

yay!!

jorma

is now taking requests
Kowak said:
that means you have never won defending.

i am 0-3

I have two defensive wins on domination afair. I guess the team holding the AA has to do a good job. And both times there were lots and lots of engineers to repair broken gates.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Lince said:
I played CoD for 200 hours, do you think I'm insulting CoD players by saying this game is not MW2? I'm just saying MAG won't give you instant gratifications by killing a lot of guys with basic mechanics (or sometimes no mechanics at all), in MAG you need to stop, think and of course, be a team player. I respect CoD players, of course these games are worlds apart but MAG is just better in my opinion.

<3 Foxgirl
I know the differences between the two, thank you very much! :p That wasn't the point that I was trying to make.

I have only played an hour or two of CoD4.

Click

Banned
oneHeero said:
What's up with SVER? Thinking of leaving or what? I dislike playing on a side that everyone feels are overpowered. I prefer underdog teams. Any interest in changing from other SVER? I'll probably do it.

I'm already lvl 60, so I could start my "Veteran Mode."
Keep all my stats and stuff, as well as 10% more XP after every match.

But I like playing with SVER GAF, so I'll probably wait until everyone is 60 too.
Then I want to switch to Valor or something because Raven GAF is too packed as it is.

Click

Banned
BTW, I was thinking of coordinating with Raven GAF to set up a match or something.

2 leaders queuing up at the same time, with XMB's chat room to serve as a means of communication. You can also do this with multiple parties within the same faction.

Hopefully, Zipper will patch in a function that automatically pits you against an opposing team leader's team. Just search for their name and press a "Face Them" tab in their Player Card or something.

J-Rzez

I was thinking Valor too, as they need the most help it seems. I look forward to the challenge, and showing people that SVER is the skill of the player, not the map design once again.

J-Rzez said:
I was thinking Valor too, as they need the most help it seems. I look forward to the challenge, and showing people that SVER is the skill of the player, not the map design once again.
Its both. But you can't seem to pick up on that bit. SVER maps aren't unbeatable - just much better designed for defense than the others.

Really good organization can beat any map, but you don't always have that at your disposal.

Edit: And just so I'm clear on my points, the last thing I'd want to see is a SVER nerf in any way. There are other ways. Nobody should ever get guilted out of choosing a PMC, and all the battles need to be competitive for both organized groups as well as a mix of groups + randoms.

I just bought the game on a whim, so I'm trying to read up on everything to get up to date on the game. Anyone have tips for a noob? I'd like to eventually join a GAF clan once I figure the game out.

*starts training*

faridmon

prelude514 said:
I just bought the game on a whim, so I'm trying to read up on everything to get up to date on the game. Anyone have tips for a noob? I'd like to eventually join a GAF clan once I figure the game out.

*starts training*
my exact situation, except that i didn't bought the game but my friend did.

Click

Banned
NullPointer said:
Its both. But you can't seem to pick up on that bit. SVER maps aren't unbeatable - just much better designed for defense than the others.

Really good organization can beat any map, but you don't always have that at your disposal.

Edit: And just so I'm clear on my points, the last thing I'd want to see is a SVER nerf in any way. There are other ways. Nobody should ever get guilted out of choosing a PMC, and all the battles need to be competitive for both organized groups as well as a mix of groups + randoms.

True.

Everyone also need to keep in mind that balancing ANY online-only game is extremely difficult. Most MMOs never get balanced no matter how hard the developers try. Hopefully, Zipper will try their best and that's all we could really hope for.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TacticalFox88 said:
So, are there any pilotable vehicles in the game? Cause I surely hope not, this would be Warhawk on insane steroids.
There are road vehicles, but they're not all that efficient to drive/kill people in.

Click

Banned
chubigans said:
There are road vehicles, but they're not all that efficient to drive/kill people in.

You'd be surprised how deadly APC and Humvee guns can be.
With a good driver and shooter team, especially if there's a platoon leader in these vehicles and/or mechanic(s), they're extremely hard to defeat.

In fact, I've seen one Valor player shut down an entire area by parking his Humvee in a well-concealed spot, shooting anyone trying to set / defuse a charge on the bunker. We finally took him out in the end though.

P.S. I love APCs. Traveling spawn point FTW. Lots of people don't realize how important these things are.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Great games tonight RavenGAF, totally awesome Sabotage & Acquisition ownage, unstoppable, and a heroic Domination defense that proved to be our downfall (But a valiant effort nonetheless).

Having a whole squad of Gaffers is awesome, even if it does make some of the other squads look like the headless chickens they are. :p

The Raven GAF group we had earlier won back to back dominations. First match Valor didn't even unlock our squads towers.

How does the contract system work? Is it when the meter is full the leader gets two contracts and the PMC who is in 2nd place gets the remaining contract? If so Raven barely lost out on winning both contracts to SVER on Acquisition.

TheFallen

Click said:
I'm already lvl 60, so I could start my "Veteran Mode."
Keep all my stats and stuff, as well as 10% more XP after every match.

But I like playing with SVER GAF, so I'll probably wait until everyone is 60 too.
Then I want to switch to Valor or something because Raven GAF is too packed as it is.
Can't you enter Veteran mode but stay with SVER and then make it to 60 again before switching to Valor? I imagine that might be a good idea if you want that Veteran # under your name. You'd be in Valor with a Veteran rank of 2 after many of us switch.

Click said:
BTW, I was thinking of coordinating with Raven GAF to set up a match or something.

2 leaders queuing up at the same time, with XMB's chat room to serve as a means of communication. You can also do this with multiple parties within the same faction.

Hopefully, Zipper will patch in a function that automatically pits you against an opposing team leader's team. Just search for their name and press a "Face Them" tab in their Player Card or something.

I was just looking to see if MAG offered any clan vs clan options. RavenGAF is willing to accept any challenges made!

oneHeero

Click if ur willing to wait a lil for us to hit 60 ill grind it out. But I'm damn curious to see if sver gaffers could make a difference in raven if we roll w a ton of us.

Click

Banned
TheFallen said:
Can't you enter Veteran mode but stay with SVER and then make it to 60 again before switching to Valor? I imagine that might be a good idea if you want that Veteran # under your name. You'd be in Valor with a Veteran rank of 2 after many of us switch.

oneHeero said:
Click if ur willing to wait a lil for us to hit 60 ill grind it out. But I'm damn curious to see if sver gaffers could make a difference in raven if we roll w a ton of us.

I just went into Veteran Mode and re-picked SVER, lol.
This is gonna suck for the first 10 hours... *sigh*

To SVER GAF, I'm gonna lone-wolf it until around lvl 10 or 15.

I'm in valor and I was just on a squad filled with Japanese and these guys were handling their business. They were speaking their language on their mics and I couldn't understand a damn thing, so I was just following the pulsating frago and we won. We all had mics and I couldn't understand a fucking thing, is this a weakness or strenght? worldwide servers that is?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
gluv65 said:
I'm in valor and I was just on a squad filled with Japanese and these guys were handling their business. They were speaking their language on their mics and I couldn't understand a damn thing, so I was just following the pulsating frago and we won. We all had mics and I couldn't understand a fucking thing, is this a weakness or strenght? worldwide servers that is?

First day I got the game I was playing with a squad of Spanish speakers. Trying to remember high school spanish to give orders was great...

Top Bottom