• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Click

Banned
Inanna said:
Huh... that can't be right since our ubber skilled SVER players say that Raven's filled with kids, rappers, and shitty CoD type players that ONLY snipe/don't work as a team AND we have NO skilled players. :|

Yea, because that's exactly what we're saying...
You're honestly just being a troll now.

methane47

Got the game yesterday (would love to get in on some gaf games ... somebody add me please :) )

anyways... i was pleasantly surprised.... it got a nice gfx upgrade since Nov/dec.. sooo i was mainly playing on my brother's account to help him lvl... and i got him to lvl 5-6... So tonite... gonna start my guy...

One thing though...

This game is very demoralizing... One match i got like 18 kills 200+ points and i was super pumped like.... YESSSs i did sooo well this game... i must be one of the best players...

wait till the end of the game... wtf... i'm like the FORTIETH BEST player ;_;

soooo demoralizing :(
when there can be FORTY .... players better than you after your best performance..

PS: which faction does Gaf play?

Malvolio

phinious said:
SVER players in general seem to own me harder than Valor players. I am just comparing matches where we are defending to make it fair. I have no idea what its like in a SVER squad, but a majority of the Raven squads I have been in have no leadership going on. Many times the squads don't even have a leader assigned. I find it rediculous to think that all the good players went to SVER, but maybe they somehow do communicate better.

I never played the Beta and read nothing about the game until it was released. Only picked it up because I was a huge SOCOM fan back in the day and trusted Zipper to deliver. I played each PMC up to around level 10 to try and decide which one I wanted to play. I chose SVER for the exact reason you describe. In almost every match there was headset chatter. Not only that, but there were actual orders being issued. Of course I can't be sure that every match is this way, but getting to level 10 takes a few hours and quite a few matches. (For someone like me who rarely gains a lot of points per match anyway.)

Even during matches with SVER currently, I rarely hear ambient chat from the opposition, and when I do I know I have to step it up a bit. Communication matters that much in my mind. In fact, I often feel like I hog the mic in our GAF matches constantly calling out incoming attacks and locations, but it really can have a huge effect so I'll continue to do it until I'm told to STFU. =P

Kowak

Banned
Click said:

and you troll when ever anyone mentions no skill.

i just hope all the sver "skilled" players will come join raven so that we can destroy sver, and then we can all say how right they were.

Click

Banned
methane47 said:
soooo demoralizing :(
when there can be FORTY .... players better than you after your best performance..

It's only demoralizing if all you care about is winning and rank.

If you can play your role well (healing/reviving, killing, fixing shit, command your squad/platoon/company, blow up vehicles/objectives/assets, etc.), then you can still feel good after every game, even if you lose. It all depends on how you want to play the game and what your definition of success is.

Oh, and stick around the FRAGO. Grab a Medical Kit and Revive skill. You'll be up there in no time.

methane47 said:
PS: which faction does Gaf play?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385029

Click

Banned
Kowak said:
and you troll when ever anyone mentions no skill.

i just hope all the sver "skilled" players will come join raven so that we can destroy sver, and then we can all say how right they were.

Why would I want to join a clan full of complainers?

At least Valor doesn't bitch nearly as much as you Ravens do... or maybe they just don't have as many players as Raven GAF, lol.

Oh, and please explain to me how I'm trolling.
I offer counterarguments and explain my position on the subject matter.

All I see most of Raven doing is just bitch, bitch, bitch. Then troll with ridiculous 1-liners like Inanna usually does.

Click

Banned
OMG, I love you, Vennt!

Best tag ever! :D
So much better than the outdated one I previously had...

Thank you, bro!

Violater

Platoon leaders are to be blamed for not taking out the bunkers as soon as the AAA goes down.
As soon as the AAA goes down you need to hit those middle bunkers so they cant cover each other when the foot soldiers sweep across.
People spawning in the Helos need to camp the AA until the front line falls and not run off to the towers.

A very small group no more than 2 people to take out the Mortar battery.

On acquisition, I would not even suggest taking out all the bunkers, just the ones by the gates. In doing so u minimize the resistance you will face in breaking the vehicles out.

I love a good fight, people throwing their towel in and quitting out disgust me.

never-give-up-frog.jpg
:lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Click said:

At least Valor doesn't bitch nearly as much as you Ravens do... or maybe they just don't have as many players as Raven GAF, lol.

All I see most of Raven doing is just bitch, bitch, bitch. Then troll with ridiculous 1-liners like Inanna usually does.

You see it's shit like this that does you no favours, not every complant is a "whine" or a troll, not every legitimate issue some have and express is just down to not being quite as awesome as you are, and not every complaint is aimed as being something for you to address.

Saying crap like the whole Clan sucks at the game, or whines is quite frankly likely to ignite more flames, not very appealing but you do seem to like to throw fuel on the fire.

I'd suggest a less inflammatory method of posting, ignore posts that you don't like, and stop trying to stir up shit with wholesale put-downs, it'll only end in tears.

Kowak

Banned
Click said:

i have said that raven dont communicate well all the time but even when we do it is still so hard to win. ravengaf is one of the best clans out there and we can hold our own at sab and acq. and give a great fight on dom but always come up short.

I've gone from Valor to Raven to finally SVER, and I have to say I like playing SVER a lot more than the other two. Most pub teams have worked together more so than the other two PMCs, and I enjoy using the machine gun on SVER more for whatever reason.

Violater

PTCoakley said:
I've gone from Valor to Raven to finally SVER, and I have to say I like playing SVER a lot more than the other two. Most pub teams have worked together more so than the other two PMCs, and I enjoy using the machine gun on SVER more for whatever reason.

Cazy, I generally look out for valor players so I can steal their MK46 Mod0 with the foregrip and red dot sight. that thing is beastly. 59 damage as opposed to the 53 damage from SVER's RTK-74

Click

Banned
Vennt said:
You see it's shit like this that does you no favours, not every complant is a "whine" or a troll, not every legitimate issue some have and express is just down to not being quite as awesome as you are, and not every complaint is aimed as being something for you to address.

Saying crap like the whole Clan sucks at the game, or whines is quite frankly likely to ignite more flames, not appealing but you do like to throw fuel on the fire.

I'd suggest a less inflammatory method of posting, ignore posts that you don't like, and stop trying to stir up shit with wholsesale put-downs, it'll only end in tears.

I know not every complaint is a whine or troll post. No need to remind me of that. In fact, I've said plenty of times that I support constructive criticisms. They are needed to improve the game. But whining/bitching about something over and over again is what gets on my nerves, as well as other people's nerves.

I've kept quiet the past week about the endless bitching going on here. It seemed like nobody had the balls or patience to give counterarguments until a few of us in SVER GAF decided to jump into the discussion. We're just sick and tired of seeing so much whining in this thread everyday. We get the point. You guys want Zipper to fix the maps and you guys think SVER has such an unfair map advantage, it's ruining the game for you. Fair enough. But seriously, is it necessary to repeat the same complaints over and over, page after page?

I never said Raven or Valor GAF sucks. Yes, I said Raven GAF is full of whiners... which is true. Heck, even you're a big whiner and you're a mod, lol. If you say this isn't true, then you're just lying to yourself and others here. The majority of the bitching has been coming from Raven GAF and I hope it stops soon. Otherwise, this thread will just be a shithole for upset people and not worth reading / posting in.

Again, thanks for the new tag. It's awesome!

KaYotiX

Banned
Maybe Raven GaF doesn t do this but lastnight when we were playing (im SVER) i swear at least 10 people on Raven just sat back and sniped the entire time when they were attacking on a sabotage map (B side) and who knows how many on the A side......do people really complain they cant win and then dont bother trying to attack?? When the other side actually comes at us full force you can tell the difference.

I really want to try out Raven or Valor next just to see how diferent it is.

TheFatOne

KaYotiX said:
Maybe Raven GaF doesn t do this but lastnight when we were playing (im SVER) i swear at least 10 people on Raven just sat back and sniped the entire time when they were attacking on a sabotage map (B side) and who knows how many on the A side......do people really complain they cant win and then dont bother trying to attack?? When the other side actually comes at us full force you can tell the difference.

I really want to try out Raven or Valor next just to see how diferent it is.

If SVER has any good snipers on that side its practically game over.

Lince

Banned
Violater said:
Cazy, I generally look out for valor players so I can steal their MK46 Mod0 with the foregrip and red dot sight. that thing is beastly. 59 damage as opposed to the 53 damage from SVER's RTK-74

same here :lol I've checked countless Valor players corpses looking for the MK46 Mod0, it's fucking godly.

and good games today SVER GAF, I hate "Directives" with a passion but thanks God we're not playing that BS anymore.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Click said:
Heck, even you're a big whiner and you're a mod, lol. If you say this isn't true, then you're just lying to yourself and others here.

*Sigh*

Like I said, expressing issues isn't whining, and telling an Admin (not Mod) that he's lying to himself is possibly the silliest thing you could have done, especially one not inclined to care if he gets called a Nazi. My suggestions to be less inflammatory was a suggestion you should have taken, more fool you for not taking the hint.

Again, thanks for the new tag. It's awesome!

That's cool, have another new one.

This is like the 4th, 5th time Click has been Banned now?

Click said:
I know not every complaint is a whine or troll post. No need to remind me of that. In fact, I've said plenty of times that I support constructive criticisms. They are needed to improve the game. But whining/bitching about something over and over again is what gets on my nerves, as well as other people's nerves.

Ironic how you were the one constantly whining over and over again about the same things in the KZ2 thread but I guess you saw that as just constructive criticism? All I see is whining about whining going on.

Kowak

Banned
Vennt said:
*Sigh, like I said, expressing issues isn't whining, and telling an Admin (not Mod) that he's lying to himself is possibly the silliest thing you could have done, especially one not inclined to care if he gets called a Nazi. My suggestions to be less inflammatory we're a suggestion you should have taken, more fool you for not taking the hint.

That's cool, have another new one.

rofl. that was great.

Vinci

Danish
BattleMonkey said:
All I see is whining about whining going on.

I think most people suggesting that SVER benefits from map advantages were pretty much set with the whole 'rotate the maps' bit. That wasn't merely constructive - it was, and still is, a valid solution to the issue. After that, any complaints about map imbalance would be an utter joke since everyone would have to deal with the maps equally.

If SVER still won after that, good for them. I've never claimed they lacked skill.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how long is he banned for, Vennt?

I unlocked the ultimate SVER machine gun and the thing is a monster.

Also, I have a question - does the upgraded RPG (the one with the lock-on) do any additional damage, or is it just the lock-on upgrade?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Vinci said:

A couple of weeks, but given the number of bans he's had in the past for his attitude, he's going to be on perma thin ice if he doesn't start being less inflammatory in his posting.

The upgraded rocket launcher doesn't seem to do more damage, but it does have a much longer range when fired directly and when you lock on especially. You can lock on from a pretty long distance with it.

Vinci said:
I think most people suggesting that SVER benefits from map advantages were pretty much set with the whole 'rotate the maps' bit. That wasn't merely constructive - it was, and still is, a valid solution to the issue. After that, any complaints about map imbalance would be an utter joke since everyone would have to deal with the maps equally.

If SVER still won after that, good for them. I've never claimed they lacked skill.

I think it definitely would solve the game's problems, and besides the balance issue, it also would add more variety to the game as the various PMC's get different maps/sides to play on.

Vinci

Danish
Vennt said:
A couple of weeks, but given the number of bans he's had in the past for his attitude, he's going to be on perma thin ice if he doesn't start being less inflammatory in his posting.

That's cool. Just wanted to make sure he wasn't perma-banned.

BattleMonkey said:
The upgraded rocket launcher doesn't seem to do more damage, but it does have a much longer range when fired directly and when you lock on especially. You can lock on from a pretty long distance with it.

Interesting, thanks.

Also, does anyone have a SVER forum signature?

Fixed1979

So now that we can talk about the actual game, I received just enough points for platoon leader last night before I called it quits. Anything general tips I should know before I jump online and make a fool of myself?

Hopefully we have a decent RavenGaf collective on tonight?!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Click said:
That was not my intention, I'm sorry if you felt that way. It was in response to most SVER guys that right out refuse to accept that there is a problem with maps. And on the last page many SVER guys posted that it's all down to skills, not maps. How can that be true if we're kicking butt in Acq? It is possibe that many skilled players switched to SVER after losing over and over again. Nobody wants to lose even the skilled players.

Complaining/Bitching can be useful if it would make the devs take notice of the problem and force them to do something about it. If you want a change you HAVE to be vocal about it. I'd post on the official forum, but there are plenty of guys already doing that (and what do ya know? Most of them ARE Valor, so yeah there goes your plan to avoid whinners.. hell there are even some ex SVERs that agree).

Just started playing today with Valor, cool game, I'm playing randoms right now and game-to-game it varies how much teamwork there is but its still fun. I'm level 4 and Got the medical kit as soon as possible as suggested, any other suggestions on upgrades from this point?

Fixed1979 said:
So now that we can talk about the actual game, I received just enough points for platoon leader last night before I called it quits. Anything general tips I should know before I jump online and make a fool of myself?

Hopefully we have a decent RavenGaf collective on tonight?!

On attack, you need to call in a precision strike on a bunker the instant the AA goes down, as in be looking at the map in a safe place when it blows. If you don't get your shot in first, you'll have to wait, and guys from that bunker will probably be trying to repair the AA. The strafing run is excellent for clearing enemies coming out of a rear spawn, especially if the OIC has map-wide radar up. Just remember it makes 3 passes and takes a while, so don't use it too close to your advancing troops.

On defence, get in a bunker turret. Your passive turret/vehicle regeneration ability makes you much harder to take down than a normal turret, and with an engineer, you're really indestructible. Use the poison gas on enemy approaches, and use the sensor sweep whenever.

Edit: Also, you can't Frago anything, so if you see something of major strategic importance (such as a key gate/roadblock no one is repairing), switch to platoon broadcast chat and tell everybody.

Malvolio

GitarooMan said:
Just started playing today with Valor, cool game, I'm playing randoms right now and game-to-game it varies how much teamwork there is but its still fun. I'm level 4 and Got the medical kit as soon as possible as suggested, any other suggestions on upgrades from this point?

Work your way up to the health increase. You may feel like speccing out of it once you get more comfortable in game, but that extra 20 health is huge. Not only that, but the explosive resistance is totally worth it as well. The best part is that working up the athletics tree will give you a chance to play with all the weapons without having to invest in them until you are sure which one you prefer the most.

TheFallen

Inanna said:
That was not my intention, I'm sorry if you felt that way. It was in response to most SVER guys that right out refuse to accept that there is a problem with maps. And on the last page many SVER guys posted that it's all down to skills, not maps. How can that be true if we're kicking butt in Acq? It is possibe that many skilled players switched to SVER after losing over and over again. Nobody wants to lose even the skilled players.
The current score bits on the Deploy screen are not averages. When you have more players in one mode, it tends to skew that score making it LOOK like you're kicking butt. Whether or not you guys are actually dominating Acq is yet to be known. We don't have those statistics. All we know is what players are saying. And your opinion is no better than mine. Mine being that SVER GAF wins every Acq vs. Raven. I'm sure from your perspective it's different. But like the explanation I gave on the previous page - when a PMC gives up playing one mode and let's their player count drop, then they play less matches and thus it appears on the current score meter that they're losing.

Inanna said:
Complaining/Bitching can be useful if it would make the devs take notice of the problem and force them to do something about it. If you want a change you HAVE to be vocal about it. I'd post on the official forum, but there are plenty of guys already doing that (and what do ya know? Most of them ARE Valor, so yeah there goes your plan to avoid whinners.. hell there are even some ex SVERs that agree).
This is not the official forum. Obviously there are devs lurking (one posting!), but your impact and cause here may not as appreciated as it is there. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the majority of GAF MAG players when I say we don't want to see this thread turn into PMC fighting every damn day, and your one-liners/trolling repeating the same damn thing every page are getting quite old. We get it, you think it's funny some people are saying SVER players are skilled. It's a pity those comments get right past mods, but people contributing worthwhile information and decent arguments for their opinion get banned.

GitarooMan said:
Get the medical kit and improved resuscitation. Trust me, everyone hates having to heal themselves after being resuscitated.

Bajan32

Holy shit have you guys tried pressing down on the Dpad?

Brings up cool directional heads up of where everthing is around you.... So f'n sweet

Fixed1979

TelemachusD said:
On attack, you need to call in a precision strike on a bunker the instant the AA goes down, as in be looking at the map in a safe place when it blows. If you don't get your shot in first, you'll have to wait, and guys from that bunker will probably be trying to repair the AA. The strafing run is excellent for clearing enemies coming out of a rear spawn, especially if the OIC has map-wide radar up. Just remember it makes 3 passes and takes a while, so don't use it too close to your advancing troops.

On defence, get in a bunker turret. Your passive turret/vehicle regeneration ability makes you much harder to take down than a normal turret, and with an engineer, you're really indestructible. Use the poison gas on enemy approaches, and use the sensor sweep whenever.

Edit: Also, you can't Frago anything, so if you see something of major strategic importance (such as a key gate/roadblock no one is repairing), switch to platoon broadcast chat and tell everybody.

Thanks for the info!

Are the passive skills from squad leader and platoon leader active when you're not in that role? I'm guessing no...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
TheFallen said:
The current score bits on the Deploy screen are not averages. When you have more players in one mode, it tends to skew that score making it LOOK like you're kicking butt. Whether or not you guys are actually dominating Acq is yet to be known. We don't have those statistics. All we know is what players are saying. And your opinion is no better than mine. Mine being that SVER GAF wins every Acq vs. Raven. I'm sure from your perspective it's different. But like the explanation I gave on the previous page - when a PMC gives up playing one mode and let's their player count drop, then they play less matches and thus it appears on the current score meter that they're losing.
Same could be said about SVER winning Domination contracts, just because SVER GAF is good doesn't mean SVER has more skilled players than the other two factions. As for Raven abandoning Dom, well that speaks volumes. Generally players gravitate toward modes that they enjoy, and have a chance of winning at. Domination, on the other hand? It's always going to effect Raven negatively no matter how good they get. Unless Zipper listens to people that want map rotation.

TheFallen said:
This is not the official forum. Obviously there are devs lurking (one posting!), but your impact and cause here may not as appreciated as it is there. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the majority of GAF MAG players when I say we don't want to see this thread turn into PMC fighting every damn day, and your one-liners/trolling repeating the same damn thing every page are getting quite old. We get it, you think it's funny some people are saying SVER players are skilled. It's a pity those comments get right past mods, but people contributing worthwhile information and decent arguments for their opinion get banned.
He wasn't any less of a whiner than I am, plus he didn't get banned for making decent argument. But sure, I guess saying that "I can't wait to join Valor to prove my point that both Raven and Valor suck and teach these whiners how to play this game "properly"." is making a decent argument.
Funny? No. But it is frustrating when SVER players (the experienced and skilled ones, no less!) right out refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem and refuse to see where the other two factions are coming from. It does get a bit frustrating to see Raven GAF trying to make SVER understand what their issue with the game is, just to be slapped in the face with "Your faction sucks!!" argument, or sarcastic remarks. I just made one in response. You, of all people, should know that there IS a problem and it's not the skill of each faction.

Kowak

Banned
i think DAS-J said in game once that most of the top players from the Beta rolled with SVER,although i decided to stick with Raven, i guess Click was right:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm going to ask for a PMC-GAF ceasefire soon in here. I know I helped stir the pot a lot early on, about 10 years back it feels like, but lets try to live harmoniously and save the shooting at each other for in the game, no?

Kowak

Banned
Wes said:
I'm going to ask for a PMC-GAF ceasefire soon in here. I know I helped stir the pot a lot early on, about 10 years back it feels like, but lets try to live harmoniously and save the shooting at each other for in the game, no?

8a4ibtj.gif

I don't like the idea of rotating maps at all. Conflicts with the whole of the "Shadow War". Maybe they could just nerf the SVER bunkers a little bit, and strengthen Ravans. I roll with Valor and never even played on Ravans DOM map so I don't really know what would help it.

I'm going to make a alt PSN account and play as SVER so I can see how/ if they are overpowered.

Top Bottom