• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

my SVER stats so far (Level24):

Wins as Attacker: 11
Losses as Attacker: 1

Wins as Defender: 15
Losses as Defender: 2

They should split them up into each mode but FYI, both defender-losses were on Domination :p :lol

I ONLY played in GAF squads, so... ^^

jorma

is now taking requests
Ok so WTF, i was attacking SVER on domination. We took the burnout-tower quickly and proceeded to A and B where they were defusing the C4 set on the doors from the INSIDE. I planted the c4 5 times in a row and the first times i was wondering what was happening until i realised, since i was still standing just outside the door when the charge was defused.

Shit needs to be fixed like yesterday. It's not like it isn't difficult enough as it is :X

This is pretty much game breaking.

Wes

venison crêpe
Does the respec cost ever hit a ceiling or does it keep increasing? I'm at /26000 right now :lol

KZObsessed

TheFallen said:
FFO, the Directives mode is not anything really. It's actually just throwing you into a match where you're needed most. It's essentially Quick Match across all modes. So all you did was play regular Domination. I hope you're not giving up on Dom!!

I know :lol The games which you're needed most are usually the games where you're outnumbered significantly. Hence the shitty games. 5 man squads with a useless squad leader, no thanx. That's why I said the games should never start when one side is heavily outnumbered, they should wait until there is enough, if that means sitting in the queue for another 30 seconds or whatever then fine by me.

Wes

venison crêpe
SolidusDave said:
my SVER stats so far (Level24):

Wins as Attacker: 11
Losses as Attacker: 1

Wins as Defender: 15
Losses as Defender: 2

They should split them up into each mode but FYI, both defender-losses were on Domination :p :lol

I ONLY played in GAF squads, so... ^^

Mine are uglier than that.

Wins as Attacker: 31
Losses as Attacker: 45

Wins as Defender: 45
Losses as Defender: 41

^^^
but they look like a more or less balanced out game ;)

mhhh I was about to spawn in the helicopter, air defence was back on and it flew away, auto kicking out every passenger - besides me!
It flew me out of the map into some grey nothing :( then it disappeared.Somehow an enemy shot me and I couldn't do anything, no bleeding out, no respawn, nothing.
When air defence was down again, the helicopter came back with me in it, still couldn't respawn. I think I WAS the helicopter :lol

I still suck as a main sniper on some of the maps, I will create alternative loadouts. Luckily you basically don't need any skill points for LMG :lol
Also, I think I won't like it to be the squad etc. leader too often, my first time was quite stressful ^^

theBishop

Banned
lobdale said:
This game has been sold out at every store in Japan I've been to. Ended up ordering on Amazon ;_;

I wouldn't have predicted it, and honestly I'm still skeptical. But if this game does do well in Japan, maybe the effect is like Monster Hunter on a huge scale. I could almost see that.

dazed808

SolidusDave said:
Also, I think I won't like it to be the squad etc. leader too often, my first time was quite stressful

Haha yeah I felt exactly the same way last night. It was the 1st time I had ticked the box to put yourself up for leader and it picked me and I was not mentally prepared for the stress! We absolutely steamrollered the other side but it certainly wasn't through my leadership skills. I think I spent half the time hiding behind some barrells trying to work out the command map and ended up with my lowest ever score. Think I'm gonna leave it to the pro's :lol

theBishop said:
I wouldn't have predicted it, and honestly I'm still skeptical. But if this game does do well in Japan, maybe the effect is like Monster Hunter on a huge scale. I could almost see that.

theBishop
Don't mention Sony sales to me: I might will cry
(Today, 05:34 PM)
Reply | Quote

Lagspike_exe said:
Undership probably. Sold only 19k in the opening week.

btw
mhh the trophy list of the magtools site looks false, I may be wrong
http://www.maggametools.com/trophies
:lol

dazed808 said:
Haha yeah I felt exactly the same way last night. It was the 1st time I had ticked the box to put yourself up for leader and it picked me and I was not mentally prepared for the stress! We absolutely steamrollered the other side but it certainly wasn't through my leadership skills. I think I spent half the time hiding behind some barrells trying to work out the command map and ended up with my lowest ever score. Think I'm gonna leave it to the pro's :lol

I didn't even do it on free will, GAF clan forced me to as we were only 3 GAFers in the squad and the other two were already OIC and Platoon leader :lol
;)
Though I had a lucky shot with the mortar and got the 5 kills trophy ^^
the APC I was actually aiming for survived despite the fact it was not even moving :lol

My old Bluetooth headset has crapped out on me so I'm in the market for a new one for MAG. How is the official Sony one? I've heard it has a high quality mode, does that make a huge difference?

Fixed1979

Hellsing321 said:
My old Bluetooth headset has crapped out on me so I'm in the market for a new one for MAG. How is the official Sony one? I've heard it has a high quality mode, does that make a huge difference?

Sony headset is excellent, the mute button makes it worth it.

Dougald

Is there any way to only heal yourself when using the medkit? My only annoyance with this game currently is getting down to 3 health, pulling out my medkit to heal, then spraying it at someone with 99 health who happened to walk into my field of vision

Dougald said:
Is there any way to only heal yourself when using the medkit? My only annoyance with this game currently is getting down to 3 health, pulling out my medkit to heal, then spraying it at someone with 99 health who happened to walk into my field of vision

Yeah, don't aim it at anyone else.

depward

Dougald said:

Best-case scenario would be to have a first aid kid and a med kit and just whip out the first aid one to heal yourself. Kinda sucks and yeah, I have issues with doing the same thing (healing someone else instead of yourself with the medkit) :lol

TheFallen

Dougald said:
Stare at a wall or at an object. Yea, it sucks :lol

SolidusDave said:
^^^
but they look like a more or less balanced out game ;)

mhhh I was about to spawn in the helicopter, air defence was back on and it flew away, auto kicking out every passenger - besides me!
It flew me out of the map into some grey nothing :( then it disappeared.Somehow an enemy shot me and I couldn't do anything, no bleeding out, no respawn, nothing.
When air defence was down again, the helicopter came back with me in it, still couldn't respawn. I think I WAS the helicopter :lol

I still suck as a main sniper on some of the maps, I will create alternative loadouts. Luckily you basically don't need any skill points for LMG :lol
Also, I think I won't like it to be the squad etc. leader too often, my first time was quite stressful ^^

Yea this happened to me once as well. I think eventually I was able to access the menu to perform a suicide to get back on the map.

I came to the conclusion, after playing 20 Hours on Raven, that not only the maps are the problem.... I really think Raven has the worst players. I am normally not the best at Online-FPS, but I am 95% of the Games MVP of my Platoon...Today I had a match where I had 600 points and the 2.MVP 250.... I mean come on :(

btw. i never won a Domination battle so far, but the game keeps entertaining me, because its so fucking awesome :D

Hellsing321 said:

Everywhere is sold out of them in the UK :(

Cagen

SolidusDave said:
I didn't even do it on free will, GAF clan forced me to as we were only 3 GAFers in the squad and the other two were already OIC and Platoon leader :lol
;)
:lol Was that when I was trying to get you to be squad leader? It was me originally but I got bumped to platoon leader, didn't know you had never done it before.

Just played a couple of games with some of Raven GAF (My PSN ID is monkyofdoom if anyone wants to friend me) Those were some of the best matches I have had since I got the game, we played an Acquisition attacking Valor that we just steamrolled through.:D

Cagen said:
:lol Was that when I was trying to get you to be squad leader? It was me originally but I got bumped to platoon leader, didn't know you had never done it before.

yeah it was you :lol

Of course it wasn't really a problem though. I never was leader because I only played with GAF so far and so there were always some high level players around ^^
Actually I was about to try it today, but with random people so I could ruin there matches and won't feel so embarrassed when being a noob leader with GAF players :lol

At least it fits more to my new sniper as I couldn't check the map while doing CQC with my Rambo LMG :lol

unrelated note:
at first I was disappointed about the amount of maps, but I STILL spawn in (start) locations I never saw/spawned from in the beta.

Lince

Banned
1- Framerate / lag still not decent on most Domination games

2- Valor Mod0 LMG is a fucking godly beast

3- SVER GAF not talking in parties anymore, just steamrolling the opposition

4- Wins as OIC - 11 Losses - 0

(my first battle against an enemy OIC I realized it was like a game of chess, at the end we destroyed their team and it was 10 times more satisfying than getting my MW2 "nuke" emblem)

Lince said:
1- Framerate / lag still not decent on most Domination games

2- Valor Mod0 LMG is a fucking godly beast

3- SVER GAF not talking in parties anymore, just steamrolling the opposition

4- Wins as OIC - 11 Losses - 0

(my first battle against an enemy OIC I realized it was like a game of chess, at the end we destroyed their team and it was 10 times more satisfying than getting my MW2 "nuke" emblem)

I'll be on later, Lince, if you want to party up. I have a new headset to test out :D

dorkimoe

woo i got a 27 kill streak, and 2 ribbons in that match

70 kills i think

ps. SVER GAF WHERE YOU BEEN! havent had a gaf party in weeks. :(

i guess i could initiate the party haha

Lince

Banned
Chriswok said:
I'll be on later, Lince, if you want to party up. I have a new headset to test out :D

nice! hope we can have a full squad tonight, I prefer Acquisition to Domination just for the challenge of stealing the contracts away from Raven, also this mode runs fairly smooth with almost no lag or absolutely zero lag whatsoever when hosted in an European server.

TheFreshPrince

Just picked this up...I have a few questions:

1. Are the maps strictly tied to PMC? As SVER, will I only see 1 map per game type? Can someone explain/list out the maps and how map selection works?

2. Played some Sabotage, and I noticed I got some FRAGO bonus points. Is that just from being near my squad leader? I understand that in Domination, you get FRAGO for following the leaders orders/objectives, but I didn't see any markers like that in Sabotage.

Thanks!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TheFreshPrince said:
Just picked this up...I have a few questions:

1. Are the maps strictly tied to PMC? As SVER, will I only see 1 map per game type? Can someone explain/list out the maps and how map selection works?

2. Played some Sabotage, and I noticed I got some FRAGO bonus points. Is that just from being near my squad leader? I understand that in Domination, you get FRAGO for following the leaders orders/objectives, but I didn't see any markers like that in Sabotage.

Thanks!

1. PMC defends one map each mode. As SVER you will defend one map, and attack 2 maps (Raven and Valor)

2. On your screen you will see a Icon that is 'outlined' and if you kill/heal/earn points within that area you get FRAGO points which are bonus points basically.

theBishop said:
Sver defusing the gates at E/F on Domination is a disaster. It's not even worth playing with that much fail.

How does it work btw, is it a random glitch?
I wasn't able to do it (though I also think this should be fixed ASAP, takes the fun away from the defending team as well)

TheFreshPrince

Corran Horn said:
1. PMC defends one map each mode. As SVER you will defend one map, and attack 2 maps (Raven and Valor)

2. On your screen you will see a Icon that is 'outlined' and if you kill/heal/earn points within that area you get FRAGO points which are bonus points basically.

So is the map outlined right on the field, or do I need to pull up the minimap?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
theBishop said:
Sver defusing the gates at E/F on Domination is a disaster. It's not even worth playing with that much fail.
what happened? I remember in the Beta you could defuse gates from other side of door, was great :lol

Oh I started actually getting a +1 ratio score now in each game and being helpful. :lol

Great games SVER GAF (clean515), will go play some more now before I have to go to Berlin for some days, getting addicted to this.

However there was this one match today where the lag destroyed any fun in the game.

hey RavenGAF, sorry for abruptly dropping out this afternoon, but my PS3 locked up and then i couldn't get back onto PSN. I took it as a sign to stop and get some house repairs done lol...had a blast playing. i'll try to get on again after dinner.

Cagen

Game froze on me, decided I couldn't be bothered logging back on as it is just a turkey shoot, no one even comes close to challenging us and it was getting rather boring.

*Insert quip about how awesome I and SVER GAF are, cue 4 pages of bitching about map imbalance*

I was on about 600xp in a little over 5 minutes though, would have been a good score had I been able to finish it.

KZObsessed

Cagen said:
Game froze on me, decided I couldn't be bothered logging back on as it is just a turkey shoot, no one even comes close to challenging us and it was getting rather boring.

*Insert quip about how awesome I and SVER GAF are, cue 4 pages of bitching about map imbalance*

I was on about 600xp in a little over 5 minutes though, would have been a good score had I been able to finish it.

Here I was repairing stuff like a chump while you were taking down a whole platoon! *vote kicks Cagen*

I'm level 60 now. Yay! Let's go Valor when everyone is ready to switch.

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Here I was repairing stuff like a chump while you were taking down a whole platoon! *vote kicks Cagen*

I'm level 60 now. Yay! Let's go Valor when everyone is ready to switch.

Should hit 60 in a few days though Bioshock 2 is out on Tuesday, might do a bit of power leveling tomorrow to make up a few levels, don't go switching with out me.

Top Bottom