• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

KZObsessed

Seriously, some people here really seem to fail to understand the content and points people are making in their posts. People shouldn't make sweeping generalizations about entire PMCs but also people need to stop acting as if others are doing that when they're not. Stop taking things so personally and try to understand what the other person is actually saying before replying with an overly defensive, inflammatory post that has completely misunderstood, misconstrued and exaggerated what others have been saying.

Fixed1979

Wes said:
I'm going to ask for a PMC-GAF ceasefire soon in here. I know I helped stir the pot a lot early on, about 10 years back it feels like, but lets try to live harmoniously and save the shooting at each other for in the game, no?

I thought it was getting to the point of having a new thread for each PMC, some calm would go along way. BTW Are you playing tonight?

patsu

I played with some GAF Raven folks yesterday. Got 200 - close to 300 points. Was my highest score yet. Whoever you are, thanks for helping. I don't use the mic usually because I play in the office. ^_^

G_Berry

Banned
Has this started being sold ins Australia yet? Any ausgafs know of a retailer selling this I'm DYING to get back into mag!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Sorry if I appear to be a troll, it wasn't my intention. How can anyone troll their favourite game? I love this game despite it being a flawed one.

Let's all have a great big group hug.. (my Raven brethren, Valor scums and SVER scums) with possible groping (
I'll let you guys get on with it, and I'll just stand off to one side
).

wud

Neo Member
me and my friend both play SVER, have negative kill death ratios and don't always win games, even against Raven. We don't give a shit about the stats, even loosing in this game is fun! Assault after assault, breaking through, getting pushed back again. Seeing 128 people run around is just epic :lol

anyone else feel the same?

Kowak

Banned
Inanna said:
Sorry if I appear to be a troll, it wasn't my intention. How can anyone troll their favourite game? I love this game despite it being a flawed one.

Let's all have a great big group hug.. (my Raven brethren, Valor scums and SVER scums) with possible groping (
I'll let you guys get on with it, and I'll just stand off to one side
).

then buy the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wud, thats how i feel. although now my kill to death ratio is creeping up. helps so much when you are a squad leader and just mortar the fuck out of the enemy. wish i had a k:d ration like wes, i look and think how the fuck did he manage that, especially as he always seems to be on the frontlines as oppossed to standing back and sniping.

wud

Neo Member
Kowak said:
then buy the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wud, thats how i feel. although now my kill to death ratio is creeping up. helps so much when you are a squad leader and just mortar the fuck out of the enemy. wish i had a k:d ration like wes, i look and think how the fuck did he manage that, especially as he always seems to be on the frontlines as oppossed to standing back and sniping.

The problem is, so so many people play this game like Call of Duty, camping and not following squad orders. I wish FPS' didnt include stats at times so people stop caring!

frago bonus is definitely a step in the right direction though

Kowak

Banned
wud said:
The problem is, so so many people play this game like Call of Duty, camping and not following squad orders. I wish FPS' didnt include stats at times so people stop caring!

frago bonus is definitely a step in the right direction though

i love the frago bonus, although you really need to have a clued up squad leader to use it. i was pissed off that in a game of raven defending dom i repired all our bunkers, AA, mortar, and roadblocks and got nothing. when i am squad leader i always make sure to change the frago to those once they go down to get people over their to repair them and shit.

if we didnt have k;d ratios we wouldnt know who the skilled players were

Wes

venison crêpe
Fixed1979 said:
I thought it was getting to the point of having a new thread for each PMC, some calm would go along way. BTW Are you playing tonight?

Maybe a little later.

vivin

G_Berry said:
Has this started being sold ins Australia yet? Any ausgafs know of a retailer selling this I'm DYING to get back into mag!

11th of Feb is the official release date for Australia/New Zealand, No idea why we are 2weeks later than the whole world? (I'm hoping for local servers :D )

The wait has been brutal, but hearing about how things are turning out, I'm expecting everyone to of quit or moved to SVER by the time 11th of Feb rolls around, judging by some of these posts :lol

Corran Horn said:
Jumped on a bit earlier today to test out this new armor. Thanks Das-J! :D

Me and others still don't get the bonus armor from the PAL CE code :(

btw. I reskilled from a Tier 5 LMG character to a Tier 5 sniper character and I kinda regret it :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
SolidusDave said:
Me and others still don't get the bonus armor from the PAL CE code :(

btw. I reskilled from a Tier 5 LMG character to a Tier 5 sniper character and I kinda regret it :lol

I kinda want to do that to test out the top sniper gun, then probably switch back

KZObsessed

Mixed bag of games today. Earlier on we were playing Directives to get the 10 win trophy and there were some of the worst games I've ever played in. Kept getting shot round cover, through walls, so laggy. One of the games was Attacking RAVEN Domination. We had only 5 ppl in our squad, so did every other squad in the platoon, with a retarded squad leader to boot. We barely got out of our spawn the whole game. The games shouldn't start until there's enough players to actually play the game. Never playing a Directive again now I've got the trophy. Fuck that.

There were some good games later on. I got 1000-1200 points in a few games. We beat Valor on Domination in what must be record time. We just walked through the map blowing up everything. By far the worse team I've seen in MAG so far. Had some really boring Acquisiton games where absolutely nothing happened as the other team was so bad. One embarrassing Acquisition defeat which will not be spoken of... I really don't like Acquisition, even when things are close, Attacking or Defending, I find myself bored most of the time.

I prefer Domination overall, even with the framerate/lag issues. If the other team sucks really bad and doesn't even get to your control panels at least you can still get 50-60 kills. I think I'm gonna get to lvl 60 tomrrow and take a short break, try out BFBC2 Demo some more. Then re-spec my character, try out the options and wait for when everyone is gonna jump to a new faction.

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Mixed bag of games today. Earlier on we were playing Directives to get the 10 win trophy and there were some of the worst games I've ever played in. Kept getting shot round cover, through walls, so laggy. One of the games was Attacking RAVEN Domination. We had only 5 ppl in our squad, so did every other squad in the platoon, with a retarded squad leader to boot. We barely got out of our spawn the whole game. The games shouldn't start until there's enough players to actually play the game. Never playing a Directive again now I've got the trophy. Fuck that.

There were some good games later on. I got 1000-1200 points in a few games. We beat Valor on Domination in what must be record time. We just walked through the map blowing up everything. By far the worse team I've seen in MAG so far. Had some really boring Acquisiton games where absolutely nothing happened as the other team was so bad. One embarrassing Acquisition defeat which will not be spoken of... I really don't like Acquisition, even when things are close, Attacking or Defending, I find myself bored most of the time.

I prefer Domination overall, even with the framerate/lag issues. If the other team sucks really bad and doesn't even get to your control panels at least you can still get 50-60 kills. I think I'm gonna get to lvl 60 tomrrow and take a short break, try out BFBC2 Demo some more. Then re-spec my character, try out the options and wait for when everyone is gonna jump to a new faction.

FFObsessed
EuroLag King
(Today, 12:07 AM)
Reply | Quote

peetfeet

FFObsessed said:

I wanted to join you, Cagen invited me but i had just tried ~8 games and had horrendous lag again (first time in 3 days) and couldn't finish a single game, so reluctantly declined the invite and played some Demon's Souls instead. Hopefully things will be better today.

So, I played a bit this morning and got to level 7. I am really loving the game it is a ton of fun, but it is obvious that a bunch of people just aren't playing it right. In one of the games I was playing I heard of the opposing players in the proximity chat say "Man, this game fucking sucks, all I do is die. I am quitting this game and going back to Call of Duty":lol It is obvious that a lot of people are coming into this expecting another Modern Warfare 2, but I am SO glad that it isn't.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
One embarrassing Acquisition defeat which will not be spoken of...

why not? it was fantastic coordination, all of a sudden 30+ Raven soldiers emerged from on our right flank and overwhelmed us (after baiting us with a couple of APCs coming down the bridge as a diversion) there was nothing we could do, meanwhile something similar was happening on the other platoon's side of the map since they got owned in a couple of minutes and both transports were stolen, so much for the "unbeatable" SVER.

next game we won Acquisiton on their map (Raven) but they were terrible, and the Domination game on Valor's map... we won it with almost 18 minutes left to go, that was embarrasing, I guess it's time to switch factions.

KZObsessed

WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

*slaps Lince*

Yeah it was great :p I just wish I'd got the airstrike down when there was about 20 of them there, but kept dying just before I'd select it, then the game ended! Our platoon didn't do too bad but the other one just let them walk off with both the transports. It was nice to see tho, seeing as so many other teams just stupidly drive the APCs across the bridge to their destruction over and over again until the game finishes.

theBishop

Banned
KoruptData said:
Yes! Raven GAF took down sver in Domination and I was part of it. Not only that, 10 min still on the clock.

That was a brutal round. We walked right over them! I bet the Sver guys were saying "WAAA THIS GAME IS UNBALANCED!!!" :lol

Corran Horn

KoruptData said:
Yes! Raven GAF took down sver in Domination and I was part of it. Not only that, 10 min still on the clock.
:lol It was nice and easy for once.

If i wasn't using my HDMI cable I would record that video :lol

J-Rzez

KoruptData said:

Buff SVER maps!

I wasn't in there, but sure there was some good teamwork on one side, not so much on the other.

Click said:
I believe you've personally witnessed J-Rzez's sniping skills....

*poors a lil liquor for a fallen comrade*

Yeah, sniping can really change the tide of a battle here, unfortunately, there's not many, if any good snipers in the game.

TheFallen

Great games tonight with SVER GAF. Game froze going into one of the matches so I bailed for the night.

I hope Zipper fixes some of the clan/group functionality. The game could really use a merge or even messages letting you know if someone is already in a group or declined an invite. Would save us so much time waiting on people.

FFObsessed said:
Never playing a Directive again now I've got the trophy. Fuck that.
FFO, the Directives mode is not anything really. It's actually just throwing you into a match where you're needed most. It's essentially Quick Match across all modes. So all you did was play regular Domination. I hope you're not giving up on Dom!!

Boogat

I have to agree on hoping Zipper does some major upgrades to the clan screen... At the very least they need to sort the list by online status, the same way the friends list is done.

In other news, I just wanted to let you guys know we got all the updated weapon stats done over at www.maggametools.com . We also have a new loadout planner up there too, so if you love planning shit out in advance, this is for you.

KoruptData said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Why does this happen after I quit playing! I should just not stop, problem solved. :p

Corran Horn

Winterblink said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Why does this happen after I quit playing! I should just not stop, problem solved. :p
:lol
Won 2 domination matches tonight, defending and attacking. Felt good to come back to that.

Now to finish my downloads....lol

Good games tonight. I can't believe I got 50 kills, with a 30 kill streak I might add, and STILL didn't beat Jrzez with 20 kills. Not only that I didn't even make Top 3!. Gah! Damn Frago's. SOMEONE has to hold that ridgeline, but noooo too far away to for bonus exps rantrantrantrantrant. Man I was driving those guys nuts too.

That Domination where not one platoon gave up their cooling towers was pretty nice too, but I got dropped halfway through that match. Rejoined, but got my stats for the match cut in half.

Probably liked that Acquisition match the best. Felt like a playground, just running around blowing stuff up. Is it just me or do those Hummers seem to take a massive beating?

J-Rzez

PedroLumpy said:
Good games tonight. I can't believe I got 50 kills, with a 30 kill streak I might add, and STILL didn't beat Jrzez with 20 kills. Not only that I didn't even make Top 3!. Gah! Damn Frago's. SOMEONE has to hold that ridgeline, but noooo too far away to for bonus exps rantrantrantrantrant. Man I was driving those guys nuts too.

That Domination where not one platoon gave up their cooling towers was pretty nice too, but I got dropped halfway through that match. Rejoined, but got my stats for the match cut in half.

Probably liked that Acquisition match the best. Felt like a playground, just running around blowing stuff up. Is it just me or do those Hummers seem to take a massive beating?

I learned, while power leveling, FRAGO points are king. Thus i don't snipe anymore.

I would snipe the hell out of the other team, completely shutting down 2 or 3 routes, go 40-0, and get like 200xp. Not worth it. Until they fix this, or when I'm going to sit at level cap, I'll snipe again.

Corran Horn

J-Rzez said:
I learned, while power leveling, FRAGO points are king. Thus i don't snipe anymore.
I used to PL by Sabotage Defense with Medic gun. Always get like 500+ xp that way very easily ...but then again I probably help team to lose :lol

RavenGAF I will finally be returning to this game on Sunday night after a 10 day absence and will need to be brought up to speed... Can't wait!

Kak.efes

Inanna said:
Same could be said about SVER winning Domination contracts, just because SVER GAF is good doesn't mean SVER has more skilled players than the other two factions. As for Raven abandoning Dom, well that speaks volumes. Generally players gravitate toward modes that they enjoy, and have a chance of winning at. Domination, on the other hand? It's always going to effect Raven negatively no matter how good they get. Unless Zipper listens to people that want map rotation.

He wasn't any less of a whiner than I am, plus he didn't get banned for making decent argument. But sure, I guess saying that "I can't wait to join Valor to prove my point that both Raven and Valor suck and teach these whiners how to play this game "properly"." is making a decent argument.
Funny? No. But it is frustrating when SVER players (the experienced and skilled ones, no less!) right out refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem and refuse to see where the other two factions are coming from. It does get a bit frustrating to see Raven GAF trying to make SVER understand what their issue with the game is, just to be slapped in the face with "Your faction sucks!!" argument, or sarcastic remarks. I just made one in response. You, of all people, should know that there IS a problem and it's not the skill of each faction.

You have a compulsive tendency to quibble and nag over shit endlessly. Good fucking grief.

jorma

is now taking requests
TheFallen said:
Is this below quote not saying the game should be 50/50?

No it really is not saying that. Especially since you are conveniently ignoring every other post i made on the subject yesterday. But i see that bans have been issued so i'll just drop it.

KaYotiX

Banned
Just discovered the awesomeness that are Tank mines :D I think i took out about 8-9 APCs in one game of domination , they would get our gate down then just keep on driving through to thier doom :lol

I miss my anti-personnel mines, no credits in my sniper-mix loadout available for them (full sniper is 1500cc + 1000cc from the reviving kit and 300cc for the SMG sidearm).

On Sabotage I could plant them in the same places (mostly covered by vegetation) over and over again, they still run into them. Luring them in or killing multiple enemies with a single mine is also awesome ^^
Planting a mine at the bunker is very effective against commandos.
I also saw quite a lot GAF members using them.
Strangely, to this day I was never killed by an enemy mine in the full game, I guess it's something randoms rarely use.

The game really needs a feature to connect groups of one Clan as well as giving the option to put a selected rival clan into the squad(s) you are up against in that portion of the map.
I want to kick some Raven&Valor GAF ass :p

lobdale said:
This game has been sold out at every store in Japan I've been to. Ended up ordering on Amazon ;_;

Undership probably. Sold only 19k in the opening week.

SolidusDave said:
I miss my anti-personnel mines, no credits in my sniper-mix loadout available for them (full sniper is 1500cc + 1000cc from the reviving kit and 300cc for the SMG sidearm).

On Sabotage I could plant them in the same places (mostly covered by vegetation) over and over again, they still run into them. Luring them in or killing multiple enemies with a single mine is also awesome ^^
Planting a mine at the bunker is very effective against commandos.
I also saw quite a lot GAF members using them.
Strangely, to this day I was never killed by an enemy mine in the full game, I guess it's something randoms rarely use.

Interesting. I'll have to try those once. I only got killed once by mines, so I kind of a thought they aren't really effective.

I notice defending SVER on Sabotage that you almost never see more than 2 or 3 attackers in one place. I know when we attack Raven and Valor, we swarm over there. Whatever the reason, it's not hard to defend (even with unbalanced maps) when the enemies come at us so haphazardly. If people are quitting when they see SVER defending, they're making it even worse on the rest of the team who stick around and get murdered while short-handed and reinforcing the idea that attacking SVER is suicide.

---
Lagspike_exe said:
Interesting. I'll have to try those once. I only got killed once by mines, so I kind of a thought they aren't really effective.
There's a ribbon for planting 30 mines in one battle so I used them like crazy in one domination defense, I got probably 12-15 kills just from using them in the same area over and over (I don't think anybody carries the explosives detector).

Lagspike_exe said:
Undership probably. Sold only 19k in the opening week.

As long as you place them in the direction the enemy would come from, they are basically insta-death. Never saw someone surviving them (while you are save on the other side).
Planting them in tight places/entrances and objectives (sidewards, most people will activate the control panel in its mid) can really help defending. Obviously as an attacker they are not as useful (maybe after you succeeded).
Not sure how many you can plant at once (with refilling your ammo), but they last until you are respawned.
800 credits loadout is a big hit though :/

Top Bottom