• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

J-Rzez

Went up a few levels in the past days, I'll get up to 60 shortly.

We just rolled over Raven in Acquisition numerous times just now, attacking and defending. And that was with a secondary GAF grouping as the first group was full. Time to spam Acquisition Queues to take their buffs. But I'll have to do that later unfortunately, need to go out to get some eats.

GG's

Chriswok said:
Some excellent games with Prez and Johnny (SVER), really enjoyed them, thanks for the invite.

Thanks for joining up. We pretty much owned those games. A 3-man force only at that.

After much careful thought, I decided to go Valor. My reasoning is this: manly men. Also, they are based out of Alaska. You may remember another military force based out of Alaska, specifically out of Shadow Moses Island. Valor keeps good company.

I'm really enjoying this game, but my inclination is that the game should take over from useless squad leaders or do something to prevent the squad from being aimless. Had a game earlier where a chunk of the squad were flailing around and only half the time did we have a specific goal.

So in other words, need moar GAF games!

theBishop said:
If some asshole strands your APC in a ditch, it turns out you can't destroy it with guns. I just spent 20 minutes trying.

Let's hope that Issues and Exploits sub-forum from mag.com is put to good use...

Wes

venison crêpe
FFObsessed said:
I'm level 60 now. Yay! Let's go Valor when everyone is ready to switch.
Cagen said:
Should hit 60 in a few days though Bioshock 2 is out on Tuesday, might do a bit of power leveling tomorrow to make up a few levels, don't go switching with out me.
I'm tempted to join you guys in Valor as I'm about to hit 60 also. I want to experience first hand exactly the tactics used by the "pro" SVER-GAF so I can really see what the difference is.

Plus the high respec cost is killing me.

Also I'm getting really tired of everyone runing around with LMGs.

patsu

First time in a Domination game. GAF was with me and I scored an amazing 28 points total. They need to send me back to boot camp. :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
jorma said:

The argument of "we're just a better group" in terms of why SVER are winning so often is fair enough but I want to see what these tactics are first hand. Reading about them isn't doing the job and I haven't seen any videos offered as evidence.

Violater

Wes said:
The argument of "we're just a better group" in terms of why SVER are winning so often is fair enough but I want to see what these tactics are first hand. Reading about them isn't doign the jo and I haven't seen any videos offered as evidence.
You might find that you aren't up to snuff in joining us with that attitude.

Wes

venison crêpe
Violater said:
You might find that you aren't up to snuff in joining us with that attitude.

An attitude of wanting to learn?

I'm just saying personally, I haven't been able to fully comprehend the methods some of you have posted and I haven't seen any videos showing me what's trying to be described. I wasn't trying to attack anyone with what I posted.

EekTheKat

Weird, someone on Valor just constantly vote kicked me until the squad kicked me out.

All I've done lately is run around playing medic at the spot where we're supposed to defend on sabotage. Apparently that's a crime or something to help defend objectives.

Violater

Wes said:
An attitude of wanting to learn?

I'm just saying personally, I haven't been able to fully comprehend the methods some of you have posted and I haven't seen any videos showing me what's trying to be described. I wasn't trying to attack anyone with what I posted.

All is well.
Though tbh there is no certainty which faction we will move on to.
I am voting Raven, but I seem to be the only one.
I fear Valor will become the new SVER soon enough.

EekTheKat said:
Weird, someone on Valor just constantly vote kicked me until the squad kicked me out.

All I've done lately is run around playing medic at the spot where we're supposed to defend on sabotage. Apparently that's a crime or something to help defend objectives.
Was it an entire clan?
Or maybe a party trying to make space, either way it sucks.

I have NEVER won a domination game as Raven. NEVER!

We own acquisition, though. Also, I am loving the ATAC assault rifle. That thing pumps bullets like crazy.

Is there any word out about a patch to balance things out ? It's so boring playing as SVER at times and I can only guess it's just as frustrating for the other team with no chance. It seems like the maps are just so much easier to defend and has nothing to do with team work, even in maps when my team are running around like headless chickens we win.

btw good games today

Milk Lizard said:
Is there any word out about a patch to balance things out ? It's so boring playing as SVER at times and I can only guess it's just as frustrating for the other team with no chance. It seems like the maps are just so much easier to defend and has nothing to do with team work, even in maps when my team are running around like headless chickens we win.

btw good games today

Patch is in development with release date TBA.

Gaf going Raven would be epic. It's the only way in my opinion for us to really put any validity to the balance claims. I also found it surprising that in the GT review they mention how out of balance SVER seemed to be.

Lagspike_exe said:
Patch is in development with release date TBA.

Is it a patch specifically designed to deal with SVER or something else?

KZObsessed

As I'm gonna respec and try and get the medals/trophies from now on (until everyone is ready to switch, hopefully to Valor), thought I'd post my final stats while playing "properly".

49hrs 39mins
Total Kills 3894
Total Deaths 1526
Total Assists 832
K/d Ratio - 2.55
Kill Streak - 24

Wins as Attacker 67
Losses as Attacker 17

Wins as Defender 56
Losses as Defender 9

Total Wins 123
Total Losses 26

1st Place MVP 7
2nd Place MVP 9
3rd Place MVP 22
Squad MVP 77

JWong

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Gaf going Raven would be epic. It's the only way in my opinion for us to really put any validity to the balance claims. I also found it surprising that in the GT review they mention how out of balance SVER seemed to be.

Is it a patch specifically designed to deal with SVER or something else?
I think teamwork can beat SVER, but their maps are truly ridiculous.

I think strategically by myself and do things that help push SVER back on domination, like skip their bunker lines and try to get AA down, but they just have the best defensible positions around their pumps.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Can't remember my all those stats but the only ones I do remember are

S.V.E.R
[GAF]Weak_Spot

Time played - 24hrs

Kills - 450ish
Deaths - 650ish
K2D Ratio - 0.72

1st MVP - 1
2nd MVP - 2
3rd - MVP 1

Granted I spend most of my time laying in a spot, not so much camping, more like keeping an eye out on who needs reviving. I'll run halfway across the battlefield to revive someone. Same when in Domination, I'd rather be healing and engineering than shooting, but thats just me.

Anyway, been having a lot of good games with GAF although the domination maps get me a bit, sometimes I'm lost and don't know what to do, well, when Squad leader anyways, gets too much.

Sorry I left that game we joined last night thaOwner, I didn't know we were going to Domination and I had all my loadouts set up wrong. I usually only like playing Dom when we have a full squad of GAF as I know we look out for ach other and work together. Had so many games where it feels like I'm the only one with a revival kit (Non GAF matches I man).

JWong

Banned
Wes said:
The argument of "we're just a better group" in terms of why SVER are winning so often is fair enough but I want to see what these tactics are first hand. Reading about them isn't doing the job and I haven't seen any videos offered as evidence.
This picture is enough explanation. 8D

2vwte2x.jpg

EekTheKat

Violater said:
Was it an entire clan?
Or maybe a party trying to make space, either way it sucks.

Nope, mid game. there were only 2 members of a clan in the squad. No idea what's going on, considering Valor's been pretty good at defending Sabotage lately.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Until the day I die, I will always contend that the non-sver factions snipe far more and assault targets far less and use far less rockets than SVER. This MUST be true because I'm constantly attacked by snipers, yet I rarely see a SVER sniping. Even when they have to attack, they camp their own spawn and snipe. It's insane.

Wes

venison crêpe
Violater said:
Record time taking down Raven on sabotage, not even 2 minutes I would say

By the way, this is getting as tiring as hearing us saying we never win against SVER.

Wes said:
By the way, this is getting as tiring as hearing us saying we never win against SVER.

but this is worth mentioning because it was exceptional fast (like in I-got-1-kill-in-the-whole-match-fast, thx for ruining my exp :p ), you couldn't do it much faster w/o enemies :lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
The patch had better fix the "Stuck waiting to respawn whilst you watch your team win to glory/lose to shame for minutes and minutes on end before realising you're not going to respawn at all and may as well disconnect and probably lose any XP you've gained so far" bug because that shit is getting old, fast.

It's literally killing the game for me.

theBishop

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
Let's hope that Issues and Exploits sub-forum from mag.com is put to good use...

I'm only half-ashamed to admit that I went apeshit on the guy who did this... TWICE! That's right. He stranded the APC. The APC was destroyed by guided artillery (bringing a sigh of relief to me). Then, HE STRANDED IT AGAIN!

I waited for him to spawn. Gunned him down. And unloaded a machinegun clip in his face while he begged for a medic. Sorry. No medic for assholes.

:calm:

OK. It's over now.

Lince

Banned
Total Kills 3680
Total Deaths 1656
Total Assists 1232
K/d Ratio - 2.22
Kill Streak - 56

Wins as Attacker 102
Losses as Attacker 21

Wins as Defender 97
Losses as Defender 12

Total Wins 199
Total Losses 33

1st Place MVP 18
2nd Place MVP 20
3rd Place MVP 21
Squad MVP 101

and...

Wins as OIC 14
Losses as OIC 0

SVER of course :lol

edit: I knifed 45 guys tonight on a Domination defending game against Raven, I was just moving around their spawn (since they refused to try attacking anymore) and keep stabbing them as they ventured outside, fucking hilarious, I guess they miss their Heart-Beat sensors. Can't believe this so-called "hardcore" game has so many terrible (TERRIBLE) players in every faction.

Madman

Vennt said:
The patch had better fix the "Stuck waiting to respawn whilst you watch your team win to glory/lose to shame for minutes and minutes on end before realising you're not going to respawn at all and may as well disconnect and probably lose any XP you've gained so far" bug because that shit is getting old, fast.

What faction are you? I've never had this happen(Valor), so I'm curious if it's a faction specific problem.

TheFallen

Vennt said:

Damn, that sucks dude. I had that once with another SVER GAF player and I stuck in the bunker for 15 mins. Though I'm not sure what's worse - the constant disconnects from the game universe, the freezing, or these ridiculous bugs.

Actually, it's all fucking obnoxious when you consider that most of these bugs have been around for months in the betas.

At least they fixed most of the lag :/

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Milk Lizard said:
Just got disconnected with 3 min left of a battle, fuck you servers.

I hear ya. When they send out a 'Servers will be shutting down for maintenance' message then it should just stop letting people start new games. I've been caught out before as well (actually lost a ribbon in the process, yeah yeah, a ribbon *river cry*)

I've had the same bug as Vennt and it was with Sver on Domination. Stuck looking at the helicopter. I could swap seats but couldn't fire or exit.

J-Rzez

So I believe Raven found a glitch with their Anti-Tank launcher. We were in a game where this guy one-shotted our APC with one. Literally, one-shotted an APC. It didn't happen once, nor twice, but four times.

Cagen

EekTheKat said:

They were probably just jealous of your incredible awesomeness. It happened to me last night too. I was in a squad with some assholes called FFObsessed, Click and Violater. They all had this [GAF] tag, as did the rest of the squad, it is terribly unsporting.

Cagen said:
They were probably just jealous of your incredible awesomeness. It happened to me last night too. I was in a squad with some assholes called FFObsessed, Click and Violater. They all had this [GAF] tag, as did the rest of the squad, it is terribly unsporting.

:lol :lol :lol

I've fallen to the darkside of Landmines where the enemy come straight from their spawns, camping at the restock crates, and Poison Gasing the rest of the map :(

TheFallen

Cagen said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I had no part in the voting! It all went so fast. We were cracking up about it after though. You had like a 25-9 k/d too, poor you. :lol

Harry_Manback

Neo Member
Are veterans going Valor Gaf next? It would be nice to know 'cause the Veteran button is calling me and I want to pick the right PMC. I'll probably play all of them at one time or another but it would be golden to be in the faction where most Gaffers are this time around.

Top Bottom