• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Noshino

Violater said:
Is there anyone from Valor online??
Pathetic

What else were you expecting from Valor? :p

You should have gone Raven, almost all the time you'll find at least someone online (there are only 2 or 3 hrs in which there usually isn't any though), although if you see bishop or daz, you got a 50% chance of them being afk :lol

Lince

Banned
fucking Valor rednecks... they're completely clueless I swear, can't wait till Rick, FFO, Cagen, Click, Ibu, PeetFeet, Johnny and the rest join us, get to lvl 60 already damn it.

Lince said:
fucking Valor rednecks... they're completely clueless I swear, can't wait till Rick, FFO, Cagen, Click, Ibu, PeetFeet, Johnny and the rest join us, get to lvl 60 already damn it.

Tell me about it. 3 games in a row we got rolled by Sver defending our sab map. 2 games I had more points and kills then my entire squad combined.

And more people in Valor need to to equip medic kits. Its amazing how few people do now.

TheFallen

Lince said:
Most of us are 60 already, just waiting on Johnny to finish his veteran mode (he's lapped everyone but Click) and Cagen (MIA?). I think I might just switch this weekend whether or not everyone's jumped ship by then, getting kind of bored. Though Violater's comments scare me. :lol

weekend_warrior said:
Tell me about it. 3 games in a row we got rolled by Sver defending our sab map. 2 games I had more points and kills then my entire squad combined.

And more people in Valor need to to equip medic kits. Its amazing how few people do now.
Eh, the games I've played recently most of Valor had the med kits (although quite a few are half-res). I've been going on nightly for the last week or so, usually only just me or maybe 1-2 other Valor GAF members are on when I'm on most of the time. Hopefully things will pick up this weekend.

Harry_Manback

Neo Member
I invited a couple of S.V.E.R dudes to ValorGAF. Don't know if missed anyone (if so PM), Sorry you had to wait Violater. I'm going to promote a couple of ex S.V.E.R's as soon as I can so they can bring the rest of you guys over.

All right SVER GAF, we're thinking of making the switch to Valor as soon as later today, so if you have any leveling to do, get it done now. Also, Click wants to know who wants leadership of SVER GAF; he promoted a bunch of people to officers already. Will someone be available to invite us all to Valor GAF?

---

We had some great games last night. One domination attack against Valor we won with 8 seconds remaining. Our platoon was the only one holding their pumps for any length of time. I got 75 kills in that match thanks to the awesome platoon leader airstrikes.

We also had an acquisition defense against Raven where they just destroyed us in like 10 minutes. I hate how dependent you are on the other platoon in acquisition.

peetfeet

Lince said:

I wish I could, its been 5 days since i've been able to finish a game! I try every night but major lag from the go and then 5.5 disconnections mostly. :( I'm sure i would be nearer 45-50 by now instead of the level 27 i currently am without these probs.

I managed to stay 10 mins in a game last night with no lag but then got stuck at respawn and eventually 5.5 dc. It will be fine for days and then absolute nightmare for the next few, go figure.

Cagen

TheFallen said:
Most of us are 60 already, just waiting on Johnny to finish his veteran mode (he's lapped everyone but Click) and Cagen (MIA?). I think I might just switch this weekend whether or not everyone's jumped ship by then, getting kind of bored. Though Violater's comments scare me. :lol
Been playing Bioshock 2, half way through my 3rd run at the moment heh and working long hours at work :(. Got on MAG a couple of times but find it hard to stomach how incredibly awesome I am :lol so I get bored extremely fast without you guys to play/chat with. Almost 58 now so I'll try give it a push to 60 so I can play some more games with you as the lumber jacks.

shock33

Domination wise, Raven are now TOTALLY screwed on defense if there's a competent attacking group. The tactic seems to be to swarm the bunkers which immediately pushes us back to the base, then just have timed bombing runs on the two side exits and just camp us back into the base.

We managed to sneak to the AA a couple of times, but it's pot luck if you can get there as the helicopters can cover the run to the AA, which along with the spawning opposition means it's extraordinarily difficult to keep up if you can get it up.

shock33 said:
Domination wise, Raven are now TOTALLY screwed on defense if there's a competent attacking group. The tactic seems to be to swarm the bunkers which immediately pushes us back to the base, then just have timed bombing runs on the two side exits and just camp us back into the base.

We managed to sneak to the AA a couple of times, but it's pot luck if you can get there as the helicopters can cover the run to the AA, which along with the spawning opposition means it's extraordinarily difficult to keep up if you can get it up.
Raven's base is also mostly open to the air which means you can do strafing runs and cluster bombs directly on the defenders' heads.

Axiom

I am enjoying this game, but it's hard to tell if I suck, if it's pugging things. or a little of both. I think this is the same problem I had with TF2. First things first, get my headset working anyway.

Billen

Banned
shock33 said:

Then again, we did lose that bunker too quickly :D

methane47

TelemachusD said:
All right SVER GAF, we're thinking of making the switch to Valor as soon as later today, so if you have any leveling to do, get it done now. Also, Click wants to know who wants leadership of SVER GAF; he promoted a bunch of people to officers already. Will someone be available to invite us all to Valor GAF?

---

We had some great games last night. One domination attack against Valor we won with 8 seconds remaining. Our platoon was the only one holding their pumps for any length of time. I got 75 kills in that match thanks to the awesome platoon leader airstrikes.

We also had an acquisition defense against Raven where they just destroyed us in like 10 minutes. I hate how dependent you are on the other platoon in acquisition.

WTF?? noooo :(

Lince

Banned
thanks Harry for the Valor GAF invite, I played a quick Domination game before lunch and I happened to kill a couple of SVER GAF there :lol wtf our squad was 4-men only!!!! fucking Valor pussies leaving the game as soon as we lost the bunker... we won the game anyway, big cojones!

edit: and forget about Squad Leaders and FRAGOs, Valor are too Rambo-ish to bother with that, same for PLs and OICs.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
TelemachusD said:

Man, I'm struggling to level up now I'm playing with randoms in my squad. Tonite I was so close to throwing my controller through the LCD because of a whole platoon of inept monkeys in Acquisition. 5 times I managed to run in to the first bunker, kill a couple of guys and plant explosives and each time no one came in to back me up, they all stayed hiding in the bushes scared of yellow gas (apart from Sun-Drop who tried has hard as his little body could) and in the end the explosives were disarmed.

PuMa

I'll be online tonight as well for any remaining Valor invites that need to be sent. Hit me up on PSN or send me a PM.

Violater

Valorgaf XP shopping list in order of importance.

Revive Kit
Foregrip/Red Dot Sight for LMG
Lock On Rockets I cannot stress enough how having a loadout with this is necessary.

Smoke grenades use them
Stick together.
(Headsets, everyone needs to have one)

Easy mode is over, begin operation Pro-Mode

I will apologize in advance as there will be a lot of swearing when you play with me. :lol

uraldix

Violater said:
Valorgaf XP shopping list in order of importance.

Revive Kit
Foregrip/Red Dot Sight for LMG
Lock On Rockets I cannot stress enough how having a loadout with this is necessary.

Easy mode is over, I will apologize in advance as there will be a lot of swearing when you play with me. :lol

Are the lock on rockets more powerful? I usually don't get them because I can hit pretty much anything with the regular RPG now that I have learned where to aim. I had them with my LMG build and I didn't notice any differences when I started using the regular.

Violater

uraldix said:
Are the lock on rockets more powerful? I usually don't get them because I can hit pretty much anything with the regular RPG now that I have learned where to aim. I had them with my LMG build and I didn't notice any differences when I started using the regular.

Taking out Sver turrets out of the turrets visible range will be key.
Get in position lock on fire, go prone to cover, reload, rinse and repeat.
Its about accuracy, the furthermost left or right bunker goes down and we SWEEEEEEEP
Then bring in the APCs to cover us while we plant charges

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
uraldix said:

3 lock-on rockets + half a clip of LMG fire and it's bye bye turret.

Violater

Vennt said:
3 lock-on rockets + half a clip of LMG fire and it's bye bye turret.

The fact is if a turret operator is worth his salt 1 ma wont have time to get 3 rockets in before being mowed down.
So the whole squad lighting it up is guaranteed success.

The beeping alone of the lock on will scare the crap out of them :lol

uraldix

Violater said:
Taking out Sver turrets out of the turrets visible range will be key.
Get in position lock on fire, go prone to cover, reload, rinse and repeat.
Its about accuracy, the furthermost left or right bunker goes down and we SWEEEEEEEP
Then bring in the APCs to cover us while we plant charges

I have played with you guys enough to know the drill. Remember, I am the one trying to keep up :lol I haven't played against SVER yet so I guess I'll see how my aim is from really far away.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Violater said:
The fact is if a turret operator is worth his salt 1 ma wont have time to get 3 rockets in before being mowed down.
So the whole squad lighting it up is guaranteed success.

The beeping alone of the lock on will scare the crap out of them :lol

Even before speccing to lock-on rockets I had a lot of success with "Go prone, Fire, get up & move like the f'ing wind, go prone, fire, rinse & repeat", it's only fools that allow the defenders to see where the smoke trail came from and stay there. :p

I'm also constantly surprised at the number of people that ignore an enemy APC despite the ease at which they can be taken out, even by one person with a launcher & LMG or MMG fire.

Kak.efes

TheFallen said:

Why would his comments scare you? It's a bigger challenge, and probably more gratifying when you succeed as a group.

TheFallen

surefire1982 said:
Some of the RavenGaf were talking about this last night...I might consider it...but i like having sleeves :lol
:lol I went from wearing a goofy orange jacket/vest and hockey mask to sleeveless shirt and douchey sunglasses.

TheFallen said:
:lol I went from wearing a goofy orange jacket/vest and hockey mask to sleeveless shirt and douchey sunglasses.

and don't forget your COWBOY TACTICS!!!! (that's from the Raven dude everytime we fight Valor):lol

thaOwner

I regret making my switch to Valor. No. co-operation. at. all. You tell people to run for the fucking train tracks and then run straigh ahead and get sniped and shot in the face. You tell'em to run straight because most of the enemies are on the train train track then they FUCKING run for train track. Lets all go to A, everyone goes to B. Let's stop and regroup after re-spawning, everyone disperses after spawning.

:/

E: Great games last night Lince and Violater

KZObsessed

I see SVER guys have started to switch faction now, I'll be back playing 2moro most likely. Might pop on tonight to switch and play a game or two.

worldrevolution said:
I haven't seen Puma or any of the secondary captains on much this week....did you try the online matchup thread?

Christ...it's the fucking middle of the work week. I have been playing the game non stop all day and night since it shipped. You take a couple of days off and this is what happens?

I'll be on tonight and also try to contact Puma and see if he needs help sending out invites for ValorGAF.

Axiom

A few more scattered thoughts. Game got extra good once I unlocked the deeper medic talents and got into the larger matches. Shouldn't have gone with the douche face for my Raven guy. Nobody has talked tonight bar a British lad named BobaFett something or other talking about having scones for tea with his mum and how it's Chinese New Year today.

I think it was code.

Ri'Orius

I'm going to be picking this up soon. I played Raven in beta, and was planning to stay with them, but it sounds like everyone on GAF is going Valor? Any particular reason?

TheFallen

Anerythristic said:
Christ...it's the fucking middle of the work week. I have been playing the game non stop all day and night since it shipped. You take a couple of days off and this is what happens?

I'll be on tonight and also try to contact Puma and see if he needs help sending out invites for ValorGAF.
Nah, nobody is bitching. But if possible, can you guys promote a couple of us who switched from SVER GAF so we can make sure people get their invites? Less of a hassle for you.

Ri'Orius said:
I'm going to be picking this up soon. I played Raven in beta, and was planning to stay with them, but it sounds like everyone on GAF is going Valor? Any particular reason?
Actually Valor has the most short-handed GAF clan right now. A lot of the max level SVER GAF are switching soon though.

I'll be Valor in the next ten minutes, somebody throw me an invite. PSN: TelemachusD

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If someone's name has a cross next to it does that mean they can resurrect or possibly only heal?

I want to give the SVER players last night in Sabotage the benefit of the doubt when a bunch of them marched over my twitching body and had crosses next to their names. I kept saying "they can only heal...they can only heal...they can't res....they can only heal".

uraldix

IPoopStandingUp said:
If someone's name has a cross next to it does that mean they can resurrect or possibly only heal?

I want to give the SVER players last night in Sabotage the benefit of the doubt when a bunch of them marched over my twitching body and had crosses next to their names. I kept saying "they can only heal...they can only heal...they can't res....they can only heal".

If they have the medkit, they have the cross. They may not be able to rez.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm suffering burnout and haven't played much at all this past week. Whenever I log on I don't see many of RavenGAF either. Maybe it's just bad timing.

I wish they would lower the respec ceiling of 26k. It's a bit annoying having to farm just to respec to a different set of skills so as I can prolong my enjoyment a bit (I wanted to go sniper but I've got another 13k to go).

TheFallen said:

Im pretty slow with leveling up, but ill be following you guys into valor when im at 60

Top Bottom