• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

TheFallen

TelemachusD said:
Actually Valor has the most short-handed GAF clan right now. A lot of the max level SVER GAF are switching soon though.

I'll be Valor in the next ten minutes, somebody throw me an invite. PSN: TelemachusD
I would, but cant invite :(

it seems like valor isn't as good globablly as the other factions right? it would be awesome if all of GAF switched to valor and brought it up the ranks to number 1.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
it seems like valor isn't as good globablly as the other factions right? it would be awesome if all of GAF switched to valor and brought it up the ranks to number 1.

Really incorrect. They are usually 1st in Sabotage, 2nd in Domination and 3rd in Acquisition.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Well thats even cooler, I like that all 3 factions have thier benefits and disadvantages.

Doesn't work out to well though, those results are due to the distribution of players across the different playlists i.e. Valor players flood Sabotage. Correspondingly certain maps are played much more than others in each gametype, which gives less variety. Misfortunate, but what are ya gonna do?

Been having fun with RavenGAF the last few nights. Been winning most of the time. Even beat SVER in Domination last night as the attacking team.

Still not totally satisfied with the game. Still feel like I'm not that much of a difference. I'm speced out with with full electronics and I'm rocking the motion sensor and sensor jammer and I have a repair kit and the first med kit. I'm level 26. I can tell my motion sensor is a great help to the team as you can see those red dots going. Since I know that, I usually hold back so I don't die and let people fight. I feel like a general holding back watching the battle from afar but I'm not doing any leading. Ill heal when I can but since I hold back, front line fighters heal before I get there. This is leaving me with about 100-150 xp a game.

I feel like the fun way to play for me is not rewarded so maybe its not the best way to play which makes me question if the game is for me. The fun way for me to play is a grind. Any suggestions other than goto the front lines because I hate that.

KoruptData said:
I'm rocking the motion sensor and sensor jammer and I have a repair kit and the first med kit.

How much of that stuff are you piling into one loadout? All that support stuff is nice, but can you even revive people? "First med kit" implies the first aid kit to me, as the '2nd med kit' would be the actual medical kit. If you overload with gear, you're gonna be stuck with a shitty gun and shitty armor and not actually be able to kill anyone.

If you have fun just watching red dots move around, fine. But knowing where someone is when they don't know where you are is a MASSIVE tactical advantage, you should be using that knowledge to gank some people. Your teammates will probably benefit from the earlier warning as well.

You specced down a tree to actually kill people with yet?

PedroLumpy said:
How much of that stuff are you piling into one loadout? All that support stuff is nice, but can you even revive people? "First med kit" implies the first aid kit to me, as the '2nd med kit' would be the actual medical kit. If you overload with gear, you're gonna be stuck with a shitty gun and shitty armor and not actually be able to kill anyone.

If you have fun just watching red dots move around, fine. But knowing where someone is when they don't know where you are is a MASSIVE tactical advantage, you should be using that knowledge to gank some people. Your teammates will probably benefit from the earlier warning as well.

You specced down a tree to actually kill people with yet?
I have a few loadouts depending on the situation. Loadout I've been using the most is med kit (not first aid), sensor jammer, motion sensor, mesh armor and the hollis. Your right, I die quick and have a hard time killing people. I can sneak up and knife easier. I'm 2 points away from the better assult rifle. Ill try some more stuff tonight. I'm not giving up, just questioning if its for me right now.

TrAcEr_x90 said:

I'd be ok with this. Right now, I always have at least one person to play with in Valor, but what if we always had numbers? It would be like GAF was some big community or something.

uraldix

KoruptData said:
I have a few loadouts depending on the situation. Loadout I've been using the most is med kit (not first aid), sensor jammer, motion sensor, mesh armor and the hollis. Your right, I die quick and have a hard time killing people. I can sneak up and knife easier. I'm 2 points away from the better assult rifle. Ill try some more stuff tonight. I'm not giving up, just questioning if its for me right now.

Last night I went 59 and 14 with that loadout (except I had the Vipera and 20 extra points in health) The trick to using is to keep moving and ambush people. Typically, I get 25-30 kills and 15 or so deaths. The loadout is great for the medic side because you move so fast. Once I go to Valor, I will probably go back to the LMG build.

Edit: I missed that you were level 26. I agree with andycapps in that you will help out more with the advanced rez or other updates.

Class_A_Ninja said:
I'd be ok with this. Right now, I always have at least one person to play with in Valor, but what if we always had numbers? It would be like GAF was some big community or something.

SVER had 10-16 people on in the evenings (EST) and upwards of 20 on the weekends sometimes. With so many people switching from Raven and SVER, you should see a bump in the number online.

andycapps

KoruptData said:

I think you should give up the sensor jammer and get something else in your kit that helps your team out moreso. Staying alive helps a lot so better armor helps.. Also repair kits and actual med kits help a ton. It's a great thing to be behind enemy lines and have a couple guys ahead of you go down, you revive one of them and you're back in business if they revive the other immediately. You can turn the tide pretty fast if people aren't always bleeding out.

Varth

How many rockets does it take to destroy jeep/APCs? I can never take one down with 3 shots. Is there any weak spot I have to hit, as in BFBC?

Violater

andycapps said:
I think you should give up the sensor jammer and get something else in your kit that helps your team out moreso. Staying alive helps a lot so better armor helps.. Also repair kits and actual med kits help a ton. It's a great thing to be behind enemy lines and have a couple guys ahead of you go down, you revive one of them and you're back in business if they revive the other immediately. You can turn the tide pretty fast if people aren't always bleeding out.

Clearly you have never played with us.
Sensor jammer has got us behind enemy lines so many times and made a muck of the enemies works. Not even firing a single bullet sometimes.
Bunkers fall AAA goes down SVER rains down chaos.

SO far I have played with Valor and they don't have a clue

J-rzez. Cagen, Click, FF, et.al. where the hell are you, I am jonesing for a reunion.
Lince and I cannot do it alone.

Lince

Banned
winning Acquisition on our own map (Valor) will definitely require a lot of coordination, and not only for our squad...

Lince said:
winning Acquisition on our own map (Valor) will definitely require a lot of coordination, and not only for our squad...
Yeah, I said it when we were playing, but in public games, I think maybe I've won once defending in Acquisition.

Anyway, cool playing with a couple of you guys for a bit, I'm pretty terrible but I try to at least get to the right spot and help out how I can.

Liberty4all

Banned
Wes said:
I'm suffering burnout and haven't played much at all this past week. Whenever I log on I don't see many of RavenGAF either. Maybe it's just bad timing.

I wish they would lower the respec ceiling of 26k. It's a bit annoying having to farm just to respec to a different set of skills so as I can prolong my enjoyment a bit (I wanted to go sniper but I've got another 13k to go).

I've been busy with work and also had burned out abit too. Will be back on next week though, I'm going to be on work vacation and hope to get alot of gaming time in.

uraldix

Varth said:
How many rockets does it take to destroy jeep/APCs? I can never take one down with 3 shots. Is there any weak spot I have to hit, as in BFBC?

I believe it takes 3 and some LMG fire or 4 rockets. I have hit the back of one 3 times and it didn't kill it so I don't think there is a weak spot.

Noshino

Bamelin said:
I've been busy with work and also had burned out abit too. Will be back on next week though, I'm going to be on work vacation and hope to get alot of gaming time in.

Same

Since Im leaving in a month to bootcamp (Navy), I have a lot to do at my job, not only that, but I have to go train in the mornings and at night, so I don't have much time, hopefully I can squeeze a few hours of MAG later tonight

uraldix said:
I believe it takes 3 and some LMG fire or 4 rockets. I have hit the back of one 3 times and it didn't kill it so I don't think there is a weak spot.

Well, I usually use 2 grenades and then 2 rockets, I don't like waiting for the rockets to reload :lol

Kak.efes

I was just in a Valor defensive domination, and our OIC initialized a satellite sweep before the enemy spawn.. it was promptly jammed by the opposing OIC.

I never saw this type of shit in my time with SVER.

J-Rzez

Violater said:
J-rzez. Cagen, Click, FF, et.al. where the hell are you, I am jonesing for a reunion.

Haha, well, been busy the past few days, today's my B-day (so the gf has tons of stuff planned), then there's valentine's day which kills a day for me too lol. I only have i think a few more levels to go though.

Violater

J-Rzez said:
Haha, well, been busy the past few days, today's my B-day (so the gf has tons of stuff planned), then there's valentine's day which kills a day for me too lol. I only have i think a few more levels to go though.

Well why don't you just take some more time to get a new AV while your at it :lol

TheFallen

Violater said:
SO far I have played with Valor and they don't have a clue
Noticed this also. We can argue for pages about the apparent skill of the various PMCs, but it's so obvious that there are more players on SVER who understand how to work together. From what I've seen playing as Valor so far, they constantly attack the same route in small numbers. Just becomes a meat grinder. Doesn't help a lot don't have medical kits with resuscitation. Even looking at the clan screen you can see that Valor GAF doesn't play much (in comparison to SVER GAF).

Violater said:
Boo you. Everyone forgets about me :'(

J-Rzez said:
Yea, Sunday is a no go for me too. Unless I want the couch for a few weeks. :lol

KoruptData said:

Some may disagree, but I only have the sensor jammer (+medkit) in one loadout on it's own. I only really go to it if my motion sensor get's jammed. Sorta the MAD philospohy, they jam me, I'll jam them and we're on equal footing. 400 points can grab you an armor upgrade.....

But anyway I'd look for shiny guns from people you kill. LMG's in particular, get one kill with a crap gun, then upgrade to a pretty gun and save some points for your gear.

Sidenote, I just noticed that if you scavenge something, then scavenge your own gun back, the ammo is restocked. Quite useful.

Violater

Vennt said:
Can't say I didn't warn you :p
Its ridiculous. if valorgaf isn't going to play I'm taking a break

Chrange said:
Welcome to my hell. Random groups with morons 90% of the time.

30ieykh.jpg
exactly how i feel

Chrange

Banned
Violater said:
Its ridiculous. if valorgaf isn't going to play I'm taking a break

30ieykh.jpg
exactly how i feel

When I get a particularly bad group I generally just go to whatever objective we've taken, assuming we have one, then sit inside and heal/resuscitate so we can keep it. I've put up some monster healing numbers that way :lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Wes said:
This, plus my severe game burnout, makes me think I'll just reroll back into Raven with the +10% bonus.

Good move, we're seeing great skill gains even in randoms, with Raven defending from and beating Valor/SVER in Domination on occasion, with better teamwork. - SVER is falling to pieces, and the old, naff Raven players that couldn't hack it split between re-rolling Valor/SVER dragging their sides own a bit, never a better time to be in Raven. :D

KoruptData said:

I was under the assumption that the motion sensor only displayed enemies on YOUR minimap. I've been using it for a while but was about to respec out of it. Can someone confirm that the enemies show on everyones map?

As for your loadout Korupt, I'm a bit confused. The Hollis is Valors side-weapon replacement, you wouldn't want to use it as a main, and you'd have to equip a primary gun anyways. If you want to be a medic first and foremost you need to get the 3rd medic kit. NOBODY likes being revived by a half-medic. Secondly, my gun suggestion would be the LMG. Valor has a beastly LMG and it's useful for support fire. And lastly, ditch the mesh armor, it's useless. use the 600c or 1000c instead.

Madman

Anti-Valor propaganda. No surprise, considering how much ass Valor has been kicking. Seems like people finally understand how to beat Sver at Sabotage.

oneHeero

Can I change PMCs before hitting 60? Only reason I ask is because I've played a lot more lately and wont be able to catch up to 60, so figure I switch PMC's early and try to gain levels over other SVER Gaf lol.

Are we going Valor for sure?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
oneHeero said:
Can I change PMCs before hitting 60? Only reason I ask is because I've played a lot more lately and wont be able to catch up to 60, so figure I switch PMC's early and try to gain levels over other SVER Gaf lol.

Are we going Valor for sure?
Only way to change PMCs before hitting 60 is to delete/recreate character :(

weekend_warrior said:
I was under the assumption that the motion sensor only displayed enemies on YOUR minimap. I've been using it for a while but was about to respec out of it. Can someone confirm that the enemies show on everyones map?

I noticed people popping up on my map in a Sabotage map way back when, that's what I assumed it was anyway. I use the motion sensor all the time now so I couldn't tell ya for sure.

weekend_warrior said:
As for your loadout Korupt, I'm a bit confused. The Hollis is Valors side-weapon replacement, you wouldn't want to use it as a main, and you'd have to equip a primary gun anyways. If you want to be a medic first and foremost you need to get the 3rd medic kit. NOBODY likes being revived by a half-medic. Secondly, my gun suggestion would be the LMG. Valor has a beastly LMG and it's useful for support fire. And lastly, ditch the mesh armor, it's useless. use the 600c or 1000c instead.

The Hollis is also the tier 1 Assault rifle. And the guy only has 26 points, I wouldn't give him too much of a hassle for not speccing the med tree fully yet. At least he can rez.

Wes

venison crêpe
Vennt said:
Good move, we're seeing great skill gains even in randoms, with Raven defending from and beating Valor/SVER in Domination on occasion, with better teamwork. - SVER is falling to pieces, and the old, naff Raven players that couldn't hack it split between re-rolling Valor/SVER dragging their sides own a bit, never a better time to be in Raven. :D

I shall be on tommorow then to see this upturn of events for myself!

Corran Horn

Oh god...I been playing with randoms trying to get a few ribbons/trophies and just had an Acquisition against Valor that was bad. We pushed through their bunkers with ease but after the AAA was down, couldnt seem to push purther than that. Never took down their Mortars or Sensor Array....I still have no idea how we won :lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I won in a Domination match against Valor earlier on, five players in the squad at the start, one saw this, moaned and quit straight away, and the four of us worked together with another squad to keep the bunkers, AAA and motor pool down for the entirety of the game leaving the vents to everyone else.

We won, four player squad, no messing... laughter ensued. :D

PuMa

Madman said:
Anti-Valor propaganda. No surprise, considering how much ass Valor has been kicking. Seems like people finally understand how to beat Sver at Sabotage.

Lol, I know seriously. "Hey, let's join Valor and badmouth them because we are superior". Wtf?

Corran Horn said:
Oh god...I been playing with randoms trying to get a few ribbons/trophies and just had an Acquisition against Valor that was bad. We pushed through their bunkers with ease but after the AAA was down, couldnt seem to push purther than that. Never took down their Mortars or Sensor Array....I still have no idea how we won :lol
I'll be on after these MMA fights are done on HDNet. Should be at 9:30 PST.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Man this game is shortening my life span. I was dropped from a game (We all were actually) and I had good xp, then two games later I was well on track for quite a few ribbons for repairs, disarms, revivals, turret kills etc (probably my best game yet) and 3 mins before the end during respawn the game locked up and had to switch it off. I'm so tempted to just quit and trade this in but when it works it's a blast.

Corran Horn

Any suggestions for the 30 sidearm kill ribbon? Thinking of respec'ing to a stealth type character with the PDW: KP7/Suppressor and just sneak on people

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I go veteran, switch to Raven, and within my first three games, I was team killed in my own spawn 8 times.

I'm about done with Mag, hahhahaha.

Corran Horn

commish said:
So I go veteran, switch to Raven, and within my first three games, I was team killed in my own spawn 8 times.

I'm about done with Mag, hahhahaha.
:/ I havnt been team killed since game first came out.

I was playing on Alt. Account with SVER friends and kept accidentally killing SVER people by mistake since I am so use to Raven :lol :lol

Top Bottom