• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

TheFatOne

Lince said:
this level 52 guy was SL and never FRAGO'd anything, I sent him a message "FRAGO Bunker or AA" as to what he replied "frag what nigger?" :lol
then these other idiots kept driving the APCs to some pump stations that were not ready to capture yet, so I spent my time destroying them to drive them back to the pump stations we were swarming... but the best moment was telling the Platoon Leader to send a precision airstrike on a bunker when we took the AA down, he was level 39 and remained silent, never used his abilities, and of course the quitters are more rampant than ever, every Domination game is a 120 SVER/Raven vs 70 Valor affair. Good stuff... never had these issues playing with SVER, seriously this isn't a map imbalance issue or "hey they can defuse C4 from inside the building", it's just a matter of fucking stupidity.

Remember when I said MAG players were worse than K2 players. Now you know what I meant.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
1. Fix those damn gate disarm bugs.

2. Put all online clan members on top of clan list. RavenGAF got like 100 people to shift through :lol

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Lince said:
as long as you have the re-spec points needed...

and gg's tonight Valor GAF, hope you noticed how a half-empty platoon will lead us to defeat every time no matter how good we play, specially on SVER maps, damn quitters.

nice, what's your fav. setup? are you sniping your way through MAG as you did with KZ2?
Ugh, I dislike sniping now. :lol So much that I avoid sniping even in BFBC2 demo/beta (switch to recon only for C4's, or just to stay back and spot people while defending if things are going slow but enough of BFBC2). I mostly use Raven's second AR ATAC2000 (my fav) or 1st LMG. People generally like the second MMG but I hate it with passion, mostly because I don't do as good with it. It has crazy recoil (even with stability) and very slow compared to the first one. I'm also liking P90 in the retail version, never used it in the beta.

Axiom

Corran Horn said:

2. Put all online clan members on top of clan list. RavenGAF got like 100 people to shift through :lol

It really is a pain in the ass to sort through.

jorma

is now taking requests
Corran Horn said:

It's weird because it does put online members on top of your friendslist, so why not clan as well?

J-Rzez

I agree, they should fix it so online members are at the top of the list. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard of a fix for them (I'd hope lol), so maybe someone here could pass on our request. :p

PlayStation Store Update (18th February 2010)
Premium Avatars

* MAG Raven Badge (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG Raven Character (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG S.V.E.R. Badge (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG S.V.E.R. Character (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG Valor Badge (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG Valor Character (£0.20/€0.25)

Ugh. It pains me to say this, because this game really is outstanding, but the people I've played with lately in every damn game have been just doing their own thing. Just no organization at all. I really need to do something about that, but I haven't been playing regularly, just whenever I get a chance to, so it's hard to hook up with people I know.

GodofWine

DidntKnowJack said:
Ugh. It pains me to say this, because this game really is outstanding, but the people I've played with lately in every damn game have been just doing their own thing. Just no organization at all. I really need to do something about that, but I haven't been playing regularly, just whenever I get a chance to, so it's hard to hook up with people I know.

Yea...played two sabo's last night, both were Raven defending against Valor (Im RavenGAf), both we got steam rolled on A and B....the first game we somehow held C for 15 minutes to win...the second game I swear Valor got to A before be did, and it all went down hill from there.

Im not capable of Leading Squads....beware.

Banned
Fuck this shit. Why are people with no mics allowed to be leaders? There is no communication, and that gives the opposing team a huge advantage.

Everyone acts like their fucking Rambo. No one healing, no one laying down mines, nothing. Just snipers and everyone else charging. I feel like trading in the game and coming back later when all the CoD-esque players are gone.

uraldix

CryptiK said:
WTF all my Medals and Ribbons are GONE! after the maintenance!

Mine disappeared after one of the previous maintenances then magically reappeared. You may just have to wait for all of the servers to resync.

Fuck this shit. Why are people with no mics allowed to be leaders? There is no communication, and that gives the opposing team a huge advantage.

Everyone acts like their fucking Rambo. No one healing, no one laying down mines, nothing. Just snipers and everyone else charging. I feel like trading in the game and coming back later when all the CoD-esque players are gone.

You on Valor too?

Banned
uraldix said:
Mine disappeared after one of the previous maintenances then magically reappeared. You may just have to wait for all of the servers to resync.

You on Valor too?
Yeah Im on Valor. Is this a trend with them?

* MAG Raven Badge (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG Raven Character (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG S.V.E.R. Badge (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG S.V.E.R. Character (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG Valor Badge (£0.20/€0.25)
* MAG Valor Character (£0.20/€0.25)

These are all for home?

TheFatOne said:
Remember when I said MAG players were worse than K2 players. Now you know what I meant.

Stupidity of gamers are more apparent in games which focus more on team aspects of game play. You don't notice the stupidity of idiots in games like MW2 and KZ2 as much since it's not as team dependent, though those idiots are still there.

Billen

Banned

Most games where I've sat and tried to give directions have resulted in one or two snipers with 0-1 kills each staying just right after our spawn, and halv of the tgeam running of in random directions anyway. It's usually just Gaf that stick together, as well as some other random player with a brain. :D

I long for a game with randoms where people with gather up from the spawn, use smoke and then continue to press on. However, I don't expect it to happen.

What I fail to see is how the developers could fail so immensely when it came to the tutorial and loading messages. Instead of taking the chance to learn everyone about the more unique aspects, such as FRAGO:s, what you gain from sticking to the SL etc, we got another tutorial where we learned to throw grenades and restock on ammo.

GodofWine

Billen said:
Most games where I've sat and tried to give directions have resulted in one or two snipers with 0-1 kills each staying just right after our spawn,

I think you should GET xp for team killing snipers who have no clear line of sight to any objective....I capped one in the head last night and called him a bad name, best -xp ever.

Attacking on Sabotage...he's way back, waiting for the enemy to basically push us back to our spawn, so that he can begin his POWNAGE....jerkass...

uraldix

Yeah Im on Valor. Is this a trend with them?

Unfortunately it seems to be. My last couple of matches have had a squad leader with no mic and after a couple of failed rushes, everyone just hung back and tried to get kills from the spawn.

One match I actually had us all working together and we destroyed two bunkers and the AA and were rolling. As soon as a bunker went back, they all gave up and went back to sniping. I never heard anything from the SL and he did nothing when the AA was down.

Anyone know if I can apply for SL on a match by match basis? When playing with pugs, I would like to apply but I don't want to be leader all of the time.

GodofWine

uraldix said:
Anyone know if I can apply for SL on a match by match basis? When playing with pugs, I would like to apply but I don't want to be leader all of the time.

Yea, I think thats how it works, when you enter the que, there is the option to apply for it there, so its probably match by match.

uraldix

GodofWine said:
Yea, I think thats how it works, when you enter the que, there is the option to apply for it there, so its probably match by match.

Cool, I have like 80 hours in the game and haven't been a squad leader yet :). At least I can decide where people get FRAGO bonuses.

This game is starting to annoy, I got it on release and the squad leaders gave decent commands etc, now I rarely find a game with a squad leader with a mic, they never set fragos or waypoints either.

I honestly reckon that alot of people just think the squad leader is just a name, and they don't realise that they're meant to give orders etc. I might sell it or trade it in, which is a massive shame, beacuse when it has been good, it has been one of the best online experiences I've had.... :(

Jamesearlcash said:
This game is starting to annoy, I got it on release and the squad leaders gave decent commands etc, now I rarely find a game with a squad leader with a mic, they never set fragos or waypoints either.

I honestly reckon that alot of people just think the squad leader is just a name, and they don't realise that they're meant to give orders etc. I might sell it or trade it in, which is a massive shame, beacuse when it has been good, it has been one of the best online experiences I've had.... :(

Do you try to be squad leader? Thing is seems like lot of people just don't want to be in a leadership position.

gunther

Jamesearlcash said:

Dont sell the game, give the game a break and wait until the comunity stabilize or just play with gaffers.
Regarding squad liders i tried being one without a mic, gave orders using the ingame command, settings fragos and waypoints and no one executed the orders. Anyway the thing is is that i really need a mic and i need a cheap solutions cause im broken right know.

andycapps

BattleMonkey said:
Do you try to be squad leader? Thing is seems like lot of people just don't want to be in a leadership position.

I love to be squad leader. But I'm fine if another Gaffer is instead of me.

And for people complaining about lack of mics or good squad leaders, join a GAF clan for whichever PMC you're with. You'll thank yourself later when you're playing with much better players and you're actually communicating.

Lince

Banned
TheFatOne said:

but you never gave the other PMCs a chance Lyulf, you joined the worst of the bunch, you should come back to MAG and play some games with us EuroLag Kings :lol

actually I think I'm the only Euro playing Valor now, Cagen, FFO, Rick and the others seem to have moved on to other games.

GodofWine

Jamesearlcash said:
This game is starting to annoy, I got it on release and the squad leaders gave decent commands etc, now I rarely find a game with a squad leader with a mic, they never set fragos or waypoints either. :(

I just get on the mic and tell people what to do if I have a lame SL...On sabo last night, we lost A, and were losing B (and you can kinda keep time in your head and tell if you are about to lose the other objective). Which is when the SL should give the fall back to C command...but they dont...so I just yelled, fall back to C over and over, and I'd say 5 people did, and we were ready and waiting for them, and held C.

To all the RavenGAF guys I was grouped up with last night...sorry for the sudden drop out during the Domination game (and with me as Squad Leader no less)...my internet has been acting up again, and only got a connection back 10-15 min later....then I decided it was too late and headed to bed....at least it was good to get a few games in.

Lince

Banned
quitters' favorite:

SVER.jpg

MrPliskin

Banned
It'll be interesting to see what happens when people start moving from PMC to PMC. I wonder if Valor will get a boost? I always feel like I'm getting dominated (Valor player). Are Raven and SVER really that strong?

I still enjoy the game, even when I lose. Playing w/friends is what does it for me, it just seems a lot more "group friendly" than MW2 (plus I don't have to worry about that absurd crack fiend pace).

andycapps

Lince, the quitters thing isn't limited to just Valor.. I know you're planning on switching to Raven fairly soon so you'll see. Was listening to the Rebel FM podcast today and Matt Chandronait mentioned he has spoken with Zipper and they've admitted that SVER is overpowered now and that they're planning on supporting MAG in the longterm, but he's not sure what they're going to do to fix it. So it's a known issue and Zipper admits that SVER is overpowered in Domination.

Raven matches against SVER in domination with them defending usually start out with our GAF squad sticking in there in the lobby and the other squads usually losing half their squad as soon as they see it's SVER defending. So it's not just limited to Valor. People don't want to waste their time attacking SVER when they feel that they can't win. They're wrong and with one good GAF squad and the other 3 squads in the platoon being full and competent, you can beat SVER, but it takes coordination and full squads like you say.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So I'm about 700xp from lvl 60. Figure I'll follow Click, Lince and the rest...who from Valor GAF should I message to ask for an invite tonight?

So with this knife not always being a one hit kill, I guess you should just spray em with a couple bullets then go for the beatdown all Halo AR style? Heehee I never thought Halo expecience would come into play in this game.

I've hit 59, is Former-SVERGaf-Now-ValorGaf still on Valor?

uraldix

PedroLumpy said:
So with this knife not always being a one hit kill, I guess you should just spray em with a couple bullets then go for the beatdown all Halo AR style? Heehee I never thought Halo expecience would come into play in this game.

I've hit 59, is Former-SVERGaf-Now-ValorGaf still on Valor?

Yep most of them are here but I don't see many online anymore. Lince is usually on but he is nearing 60 again and I'm not sure when he will head over to Raven.

I read somewhere that the knife is only a one hit kill from the back. Takes more than one if they are facing you.

Lince

Banned
uraldix said:
Yep most of them are here but I don't see many online anymore. Lince is usually on but he is nearing 60 again and I'm not sure when he will head over to Raven.

yeah I'm 60 already but will stay Valor for a while, I need to destroy SEVER on their map a couple of times more before switching over to Raven (and I wanna wait for you guys to switch over along with me). And sadly that "not many online anymore" comment is the same bullshit that ALWAYS happens in GAF clans: prior to release we have one hundred guys wanting to sign-up, lots of threads and requests to join... then when the game is finally released most of them play one day and never go back, leaving a painfully long clan member list to navigate when trying to invite those who are online.

The only GAF clan that really worked for me was GAFe KZ2, lots of players connected everyday for MONTHS, people mashing the "join game" button to be able to enter a clan match before it became full (we were looking for multiple clan tourneys every night just so everyone could play) and a dedicated chat-room always packed... those were the times!

PuMa

IPoopStandingUp said:
So I'm about 700xp from lvl 60. Figure I'll follow Click, Lince and the rest...who from Valor GAF should I message to ask for an invite tonight?

Ill be on tonight if you still need an invite.

sk3tch

I'm only on level 53 on my first play through but I think I am going to remain S.V.E.R. for a bit even after I hit 60.

I don't group with the clan too much since I am a support player and find Sabotage more to my liking. I definitely accept all invites though! So don't ignore me if you see me. :)

andycapps

Lince said:
yeah I'm 60 already but will stay Valor for a while, I need to destroy SEVER on their map a couple of times more before switching over to Raven (and I wanna wait for you guys to switch over along with me). And sadly that "not many online anymore" comment is the same bullshit that ALWAYS happens in GAF clans: prior to release we have one hundred guys wanting to sign-up, lots of threads and requests to join... then when the game is finally released most of them play one day and never go back, leaving a painfully long clan member list to navigate when trying to invite those who are online.

The only GAF clan that really worked for me was GAFe KZ2, lots of players connected everyday for MONTHS, people mashing the "join game" button to be able to enter a clan match before it became full (we were looking for multiple clan tourneys every night just so everyone could play) and a dedicated chat-room always packed... those were the times!

Well eventually it's going to come to the point where there is a vote for whichever GAF PMC we all want to stick with so that we have a decent sized clan. That's just how multiplayer games go, everyone jumps in and then most jump out after a month. So we'll probably have to cross that bridge here in a few weeks once you guys that have been through SVER, Valor, and then start on Raven put in your two cents. I don't particularly care, I'm on my first playthrough in Raven and don't seem to have the amounts of time that you folks have.

TheFallen

andycapps said:
Well eventually it's going to come to the point where there is a vote for whichever GAF PMC we all want to stick with so that we have a decent sized clan. That's just how multiplayer games go, everyone jumps in and then most jump out after a month. So we'll probably have to cross that bridge here in a few weeks once you guys that have been through SVER, Valor, and then start on Raven put in your two cents. I don't particularly care, I'm on my first playthrough in Raven and don't seem to have the amounts of time that you folks have.
Still, that's a tough decision not knowing where the future lies with PMC balancing and obvious DLC. DLC could even bring more balance issues. :lol

andycapps

TheFallen said:
Still, that's a tough decision not knowing where the future lies with PMC balancing and obvious DLC. DLC could even bring more balance issues. :lol

Well I think it's a given that SVER is going to get gimped one way or the other. People saying that they don't have an advantage on their domination map are in denial. So whether that is that they have map rotations where the other PMC's take control of SVER's positions and SVER is trying to take it back or whether they redesign SVER's map, I'm not sure, but something will happen. So I wouldn't put all my eggs into SVER's basket right now, I'm guessing that a huge patch is incoming that will nerf the LMG and bring SVER back to reality.

What annoys me most is when people back out since they didn't get squad or platoon leader. They sometimes take half the group with them if they are a clan.

I've yet to get Platoon leader but I never back out. I'll just wait until the next match.

What they need to add is some sort of notification when a squad leader switches. It's switched to me a few times mid match and unless you check you never would know. Should be an easy pop-up saying you are now the leader.

uraldix

Lince said:
yeah I'm 60 already but will stay Valor for a while, I need to destroy SEVER on their map a couple of times more before switching over to Raven (and I wanna wait for you guys to switch over along with me).

I am hoping that my wife goes back to working nights so I can play more and level up :D

andycapps said:
Well I think it's a given that SVER is going to get gimped one way or the other.

Yep and it will be interesting to see what Zipper does. The community perception that it isn't beatable is really forcing the issue. Personally, I like challenge so I would rather see a boost to other factions maps rather than gimping SVER.

Tytree

Neo Member
Is it bad that I have no idea what most of you guys are talking about because I spend all of my time in Suppression?

TheFallen said:
If the DLC is new maps, who's to say they're perfectly balanced? We could be in the same situation we're in now.

With the maps being so large I don't think they will be putting out maps for every faction in any updates. Like the huge Warhawk maps, they only gave us one at a time. I think it might be more realistic that any new maps be done that allow rotation of player base.

Only way I think they will pull off new maps is in large expansion pack like releases if anything which might not be a good thing.

sk3tch

Tytree said:
Is it bad that I have no idea what most of you guys are talking about because I spend all of my time in Suppression?

No...but you are certainly limiting yourself! But to each their own. I can't talk since I'm a Sabotage whore. That's what is so great about this game - so many facets to it...you can really keep busy for quite some time. I.E. Sabotage to Acquisition or Domination is a HUGE switch up. Like total (relatively controlled) chaos in comparison.

Top Bottom