• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

I decided that I would rather blow the money on cards I'll actually use rather than cards I won't. I'm pretty sure this whole "Vintage on MTGO" thing will be a temporary fad, and I doubt I'll end up really getting into it. I'd rather spend that money on Lilianas or Goyfs or something I'll actually play with.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hm. Guess the price was down from yesterday. I only made incremental immediate value. On JTMS.

Which has never dropped in price due to it "never being played in any viable format" only for it to spike enormously.

I'm content. :)

Alright so I think I'm going to try and find the Venser vs. Koth pack for my first sets of magic cards. That way I have enough to play with my son using the two decks and then have options for when I go to my brother's house.

Hymn - 75 cents
Tangle Wire - $9
Jace - $29

With the other cards you kinda break even. Maybe the value will go up in time, never know.

Ah, cool. I was actually thinking about asking how one goes about getting "used cards" for MTGO since I was thinking of getting into it.

One major draw it has for me is to practice the digital version of my paper deck for FNM.

And have we talked about this yet?

Bow-of-Nylea-Theros-Spoiler.png

I know that we discussed Magma Jet. It's supposedly been spoiled.

And this guy:

Medomai the Ageless

Color: Blue, WU
Type: Legendary Creature - Sphinx
Rarity: Rare
Set: Theros

Cost: 4WU

Flying

Whenever Medomai the Ageless deals combat damage to a player, take an extra turn after this one.

Medomai can’t attack during extra turns.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So even though Scry is in there's like no way we're getting Preordain, right? Heck, I'd even be fine with Serum Visions.

With Snapcaster and Delver getting the boot it's possible that they print some actual real deck manipulation cards again.

rCIZZLE

Pretty excited about thoughtseize. Never got around to picking up a playset so getting them for potentially $15-20 each will be very welcome. Especially since people will accept random standard stuff for it at a $1:$1 ratio.

bigkrev

Thoughtseize not Mythic? Thank god for that.

It would have been a tough sell for them to put that at Mythic- it doesn't "feel" mythic at all. The only reason Tarmogoyf was a Mythic in MM was because MM wasn't a "real" set, and they didn't want to tank it's value.

So even though Scry is in there's like no way we're getting Preordain, right? Heck, I'd even be fine with Serum Visions.

Preordain, depending on how the support cards for it are, is probably safe to reprint in standard. The only problem is that the card is banned in Modern (and probably never coming off the ban list), and we don't know how they feel about reprinting banned cards in standard legal sets yet. Maybe we will see something like U Instant: Scry 1, then draw a card? Its basically a functional reprint of Opt, a card that never caused any problems.

Opt (or at least a functional reprint) seems like a safe bet. I don't think Serum Visions really fit the flavor, and I doubt we'll see a functional reprint of that. I would be shocked if they reprinted Preordain.

Also Bow of Nylea is just silly.

Okay, so the Desecration Demons that I set aside last night mysteriously weren't there at the stores opening today. But I did walk away with some stuff that I needed.

4x Ash Zealot
4x Mizzium Mortars
2x WitchStalker

$10 total

Exokell

Banned
So the other planeswalker for Theros is gonna be ajani, It seems that he's GW. Im really excited for the spoilers, RTR block was horrible for flavor and drafting.

kirblar

So the other planeswalker for Theros is gonna be ajani, It seems that he's GW. Im really excited for the spoilers, RTR block was horrible for flavor and drafting.
He's almost certainly in Set 2. They always have a "returning" character/planeswalker in that set.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
For those who don't like reading from images:

Gift of Immortality 2W
Enchantment - Aura [Rare]
Enchant creature
When enchanted creature dies, return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control. Return Gift of Immortality to the battlefield attached to that creature at the beginning of the next end step.

Reverent Hunter 2G
Creature - Human Archer [Rare]
When Reverent Hunter enters the battlefield, put +1/+1 counters on it equal to your devotion to green.
1/1

y2dvd

I rather play a 3 drop that's consistent than that hunter. Doesn't even have archer abilities like shooting fliers! That enchant can be annoying but ill just bounce those creatures.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I rather play a 3 drop that's consistent than that hunter. Doesn't even have archer abilities like shooting fliers! That enchant can be annoying but ill just bounce those creatures.

If you can. Thanks Hexproof! Now invulnerable to wipes, on curve!

bigkrev

That sounds about what it should be going for.

I'll be following it's price. It's not really a "staple" in Modern (Jund is the only deck that plays it), and it has zero casual/EDH appeal. I don't think it will pull a Snapcaster and keep a $20+ tag in its run in standard, unless it becomes a 4-of in the best deck (and I think its more of a sideboard card)

That said, I see the Lorwyn on TANKING.

Lucario

I think I know why Revenant Hunter isn't 'pushed' at 1GG, doesn't have first strike, etc. Even with a nut draw he's a 'who cares' vanilla 6/6, and that's if your opponent is just sitting there doing nothing.
But BTE is still in standard. Devotion to green and red are really unsafe right now.

One-creature lifeline is cool.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame you got a Cauldron and two Angelic Accords but no Tenacious Dead. That's the gift that keeps on giving.

Top Bottom