• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Lucario

wait, mutavault is $35?....

When I was buying for standard season, I accidentally got two extra playsets.... Sweet, Christmas bonus!

An-Det

Isn't Mutavault played in pretty much every deck in the format? Doesn't matter if it's a reprint, that'll drive the price up like crazy, especially now that M14 isn't the main draft format.

I'm gonna become a Judge in 2014. Wooooo teaching.

Nice! Judging was always fun for me. Do you know when you'll go for your L1 yet?

Karakand

I'm gonna become a Judge in 2014. Wooooo teaching.

blXrYaq.jpg

Finally completed a set of mutavaults. It jumped up to $35 jeebus. Had to trade so many valuables for it.

https://twitter.com/BasicMountain/status/347113520174886912

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95496745]Apparently it wasn't obvious -_-[/QUOTE]

I got your joke. :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Every deck is running it. Having an on demand 2/2 that semi-dodges removal counts for a lot in this creature focused environment.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95498740]Not to mention that it buffs the hell out of Pack Rat and Master of Waves, and lets your creatures dodge Devour Flesh.[/QUOTE]

And it's a Sliver for those FNM decks. Not that someone would drop big money on a Sliver deck for FNM...

(I bought a play set of Voice of Resurgence and Archangel of Thune for FNM)

Speaking of decks and FNM, I revamped my UB deck again after going 1-2 four matches straight in a tournament. Shows me that it had some potential but isn't stable enough yet.

I haven't updated the description yet and probably won't until after Born of the Gods, but I think this is about as good as I want to tweak it until I know how the metagame is gonna change next month.

Thoughts?(sorry!)

Lucario

Any chance you wanna trade me one cheaply? I need one for my playset... :)

I am bad about trading online. I've lost PMs, forgetten trades were ever proposed, and sent packages to the wrong people.. multiple times.

As much as I'd like to trade with some gaffers, I'm gonna go the ebay route. There's enough fire under my ass there that I won't mess up as much, lol.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95503273]Me too! I need 2! I have A Snapcaster Mage and 4 Desecration Demons![/QUOTE]

I probably don't have anything you'd want for trade but what would you sell a Snapcaster Mage for?

I really need to beef up my New Phyrexia and Innistrad block cards because I didn't play during that time. Which is sad because it was an amazing time to play!

What kind of deck would be good right now if Damnation was reprinted?

4x Pack Rat
3x Frontline Medic
2x Heliod, God of the Sun
2x Obzedat, Ghost Council

4x Thoughtseize
4x Devour Flesh
3x Rootborn Defenses
2x Hero's Downfall
4x Damnation

2x Gideon, Champion of Justice
2x Whip of Erebos

3x Mutavault
4x Godless Shrine
4x Temple of Silence
2x Orzhov Guldgate
6x Swamp
5x Plains

I probably don't have anything you'd want for trade but what would you sell a Snapcaster Mage for?

I really need to beef up my New Phyrexia and Innistrad block cards because I didn't play during that time. Which is sad because it was an amazing time to play!

Sorry, only looking for trades. You can list some stuff though!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Esper Control.

Who wouldnt want 8 Wrath effects?

Lucario

Lion's Eye Diamond

how does it work

Play LED

Play rituals

Play a card that tutors (Infernal Tutor/Burning Wish) or a card that refills your hand. Retain
priority with that card still on the stack, and activate LED.

Use the mana from LED to cast what you tutored for.

Lucario

I know how it works.

I just don't know how magic online works. :lol

I don't even know how there are enough capable of piloting TES to make it that expensive. I'd be selling my LEDs out of frustration within a few days.

Mirage block really needs a reprint online.

Hold the Control key to retain priority after taking an action.

The only thing keeping me from buying into Legacy storm (I really like ANT) on MTGO is the insane price of LED.

ultron87

I enjoyed it buying it for full price (though I didn't play nearly as much of it as I did 2013). So it shouldn't be tough to get four dollars of enjoyment from it.

Kacar

I've been buying from CardKingdom and they are really good. Usually delivered in 2-3 days (Seattle to Tennesse).

But my last order took about 5 days and contained 3 free Mutavaults in it. The package didn't have a note or anything in it about them. Either way they went right into my black devotion deck and I'm pretty stoked.

OnPoint

I've been buying from CardKingdom and they are really good. Usually delivered in 2-3 days (Seattle to Tennesse).

But my last order took about 5 days and contained 3 free Mutavaults in it. The package didn't have a note or anything in it about them. Either way they went right into my black devotion deck and I'm pretty stoked.

Did you contact them to let them know they might have made a mistake?

OnPoint

Odds are they'll just tell you to keep them. And I guess I shouldn't shove what I would do into the situation and let you be happy you got 3 free Mutavaults. Sorry!

y2dvd

Trading for those Mutavaults were totally worth it. Did standards last night and I went W/R Boros. I faced an Esper player who mainboarded Blood Baron. That card would've ran rampant if it weren't for my two Mutavaults backing me up. I was able to pump one of them up to be even bigger than Blood Baron with Ajani.

The deck ran through everyone and I went 4-0. The deck that gave me the hardest time is always the unorthodox one people brew only for FNM. It was this W/U/R defenders deck that ran a lot of guildgates and enchantments that powers up creatures based on guildgates. You wouldn't think it should do well but it was the only deck to take a game from me lol.

I like running 3 Brave the Elements and 1 God's Willing in white weenies decks vs 4 Braves. Sometimes, being able to protect your Mutavault with God's Willing is game saving and the Scry1 is nice. I'm thinking of switching to W/B but I like Mizzium Mortars in the sb for Blood Baron and Stormbreath Dragon (before it gets to monstrosity).

Lucario

can someone buy up the rest of the Dismembers on tcgplayer?

i want to feel less stupid about going big on that card when it hit a quarter

y2dvd

SFM is exploding today, btw. Currently at 20-25.
What is SFM? My brain isn't currently working.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95591986]I hate Blood Baron.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Blood Baron is a monster to deal with. The only true way for white to deal with it is Celestial Purge. I'm thinking of putting it in my sideboard as it also takes care of Stormbreath Dragon. Black only has Devour Flesh and Away and I guess try to strip it out with Thoughseize.

My lgs is already reserving for BotG pre-release. They say you have to pick 1 color, which is weird to me because I thought this set was all about duo-colored gods. With no cards spoiled yet, I think I can wait until I see some cards before choosing a color lol.

OnPoint

Yeah, Blood Baron is a monster to deal with. The only true way for white to deal with it is Celestial Purge. I'm thinking of putting it in my sideboard as it also takes care of Stormbreath Dragon. Black only has Devour Flesh and Away and I guess try to strip it out with Thoughseize.

Prot-white says no?

Stoneforge Mystic. There's a Legacy Grand Prix in Paris next month, but besides that not really sure why it'd be spiking right now.

I saw a post on twitter the other day that there were a TON of requests for it on Puca Trade. So the demand was trending for a spike.

I guess that people want it for Legacy and/or prospectors are wanting to invest in it for long-term. It's never going to see a reprint...

Karakand

It might in a From the Vault or anniversary set. It's an iconic card.

(I guess it's too much to think that maybe Wizzos will have a better long-term strategy for Legacy besides "go play MODO lol" and do a retail release for its players in the future.)

It might in a From the Vault or anniversary set. It's an iconic card.

(I guess it's too much to think that maybe Wizzos will have a better long-term strategy for Legacy besides "go play MODO lol" and do a retail release for its players in the future.)

Okay, I stand corrected. It will never be reprinted in a core/block set.
But it's an iconic card that is infamous, a card that I don't think Wizards likes. hah

But a Legacy Masters set sounds interesting... you never know! I'm sure they like to make money and just as Modern Masters it would definitely do that for them.

I can hear the complaints now though...

Top Bottom