• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Hero

Instant speed Furnace of Rath could potentially be busted. It's pretty expensive, but casting that at EOT on your opponent or after they declare no blockers sounds sweet. Probably too much of a pipe dream.

Even more lulz if you have a Boros Reckoner as blocker.

5 damage to Reckoner becomes 10, redirected to your opponent becomes 20.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
VZ2R4jw0d4_EN.jpg

Oh huh, I really like this. Definitely going in my Obzedat EDH deck

OnPoint

Instant speed Furnace of Rath could potentially be busted. It's pretty expensive, but casting that at EOT on your opponent or after they declare no blockers sounds sweet. Probably too much of a pipe dream.

Even more lulz if you have a Boros Reckoner as blocker.

5 damage to Reckoner becomes 10, redirected to your opponent becomes 20.

Holy fuck.

bigkrev

qWzLAM04HA_PT.jpg

When a creature blocks or is blocked by equipped creature, exile it.
Opponent can't cast spells named the exiled cards
+3/+3

Sweet, flavorful card

OnPoint

qWzLAM04HA_PT.jpg

When a creature blocks or is blocked by equipped creature, exile it.
Opponent can't cast spells named the exiled cards
+3/+3

Sweet, flavorful card

Oh how I want to combine this with a Lure effect of some sort.

Edit: English version makes that... not what I wanted haha

Does this exile True Name though?

It won't become a constructed all-star or anything, but that is a sweet card.

And yes, if True Name Nemesis blocks a creature equipped with Godsend, True Name Nemesis will be exiled.

ultron87

Hmm, I believe Keranos is worded in an ugly way where forgetting to reveal the card isn't a missed trigger but is actually a Game Rules Violation at competitive events. I guess if they made it an upkeep trigger it'd be really good with Thassa or Instant speed Scry.

Hmm, I believe Keranos is worded in an ugly way where forgetting to reveal the card isn't a missed trigger but is actually a Game Rules Violation at competitive events. I guess if they made it an upkeep trigger it'd be really good with Thassa or Instant speed Scry.

It's so you can trigger it on your opponent's turns. EDIT: Duh, it says your turn. Hah!

Yeah, that is weird.

y2dvd

Yeah we've been spoiled. Godsend is too much to cast and equip. Like I rather still run Spear of Heliod or Ajani in the 3cmc slot but maybe you run a one of.

OnPoint

Yeah we've been spoiled. Godsend is too much to cast and equip. Like I rather still run Spear of Heliod or Ajani in the 3cmc slot but maybe you run a one of.

I wouldn't be shocked to see someone in Legacy try it in a Stoneforge build. Three to equip is probably one too many, but it might not a bad tool to have access too.

JulianImp

Word play is lost in Portuguese though (it translates as Messenger of the Gods), a shame.

It'll probably be lost in just about every language other than english, since puns tend to work like that.

I only wish Keranos didn't cost so much, because I was looking forward to running it alongside my Pyromancers and Guttersnipes. Perhaps it could replace Purphoros if I get my hands on any copies, since it's a lot more reliable if there's nothing on the board and/or I'm in topdeck mode, but that mana cost seems like it could be an issue due to running a low curve (and, therefore, land count).

Gotta pick up all the U/R scrylands I can get my hands on as well, since that's one obvious upgrade to the boring guildgates.

Firemind

It'll probably be lost in just about every language other than english, since puns tend to work like that.

I only wish Keranos didn't cost so much, because I was looking forward to running it alongside my Pyromancers and Guttersnipes. Perhaps it could replace Purphoros if I get my hands on any copies, since it's a lot more reliable if there's nothing on the board and/or I'm in topdeck mode, but that mana cost seems like it could be an issue due to running a low curve (and, therefore, land count).

Gotta pick up all the U/R scrylands I can get my hands on as well, since that's one obvious upgrade to the boring guildgates.

Keranos is so much better than Purphoros in what U/R is supposed to do, which is drawing cards and burning everything you happen to see, so I'd happily pay an extra mana for a much more relevant effect.

Unfortunately, it doesn't affect the board unless you have devotion and doesn't gain you something until your next turn, which is pretty relevant when you're playing U/R. Against control it doesn't really matter, but against aggro you kind of need your cards to do something when you cast them. So I'd probably play two Keranos at most, and maybe another Keranos or Memory Adept in the SB.

Lucario

Whoever is in charge of picking the intro pack promos & prerelease promos.... ugh. They've been getting less balanced every set...

I feel like there are only two choices this time:

Pick Dawnbringer Charioteers, be able to have it in your deck regardless of white being your primary color or not, enjoy your solid creature, hope you can win before your (almost certainly blue) opponent makes it to 7 mana.

Pick Scourge of Fleets, hope to god you can have a good deck w/ a 10/7 11/7 or 10/8 split for lands, win the game literally every time you cast it.

If Scourge of Fleets is really the prerelease promo, someone fucked up. Dragon is also silly, but why would you give every deck access to a one-sided bounce spell stapled to a fatty? In fucking sealed?

rCIZZLE

white weenie why do you have so many cards for the three drop spot

I like it better than almost every one except for Brimaz. Equipping a Mutavault or small creature post wrath or having any of your creatures blank monsters seems like some added versatility for a deck that quickly runs out of gas.

Keranos actually feels like a Planeswalker without loyalty. It even has an 'ultimate' of eventually becoming a 6/5 beater. Nice design, and I like it. 5 seems like a lot, so I bet they tested it at 4 and found it was too good.

OnPoint

Keranos actually feels like a Planeswalker without loyalty. It even has an 'ultimate' of eventually becoming a 6/5 beater. Nice design, and I like it. 5 seems like a lot, so I bet they tested it at 4 and found it was too good.

I would have liked if they put him at 1 (RU)(RU)(RU) and required 8 devotion instead, honestly.

Do I make this trade?

My Liliana of the Veil for his:

1x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben (I lack two for a play set)
1x Anger of the Gods
1x Remand (New version)
3x Celestial Colonnade (I need four, but this gets me closer)

I feel that Liliana will see a reprint before Celestial Colonnade does. But other than my Ravnica Dark Confidant she's the card worth the most money in my trade stuff and I thought I should maybe use her for Cryptic Command.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Godsend actually seems pretty sweet for Standard. Has more potential than almost every other card spoiled so far.

I just can't see it. What deck is this going to really excel in?

Also, I bet you that the reason Godsend isn't an Enchantment Artifact is because of the fact that they couldn't fit "Legendary Enchantment Artifact - Equipment" into the text box
KuGsj.gif

rCIZZLE

I just can't see it. What deck is this going to really excel in?

Gives white based creature decks some actual late game. Not a 4-of obviously but I'd like this as a 2-of in white weenies or g/w aggro. Makes mutavault or any topdecked 1 drop creature a legitimate threat. Takes some pressure off of getting the perfect draw with an aggro deck to get the kill before they wrath or stabilize with monsters and you lose.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gives white based creature decks some actual late game. Not a 4-of obviously but I'd like this as a 2-of in white weenies or g/w aggro. Makes mutavault or any topdecked 1 drop creature a legitimate threat. Takes some pressure off of getting the perfect draw with an aggro deck to get the kill before they wrath or stabilize with monsters and you lose.

It just sounds like a really narrow application to me.

Angry Grimace

Basically it costs three mana with equip 3: +3/+3 and a very slight upside against bad players.

That's why I don't understand why people have been asking about his + TNN. Even assuming you got Godsend out and stuck it on someone with a Lure effect, what reason would there be for the other player to not just keep swinging with TNN?

y2dvd

Yeah, there's not much of a spot for Godsend atm. G/W hexproof maybe? I rather get flying than exile. Should be a bomb in limited though. This plus Shipwreck Singer will be lulz.

Top Bottom