• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Grakl

God, the spec on that card is crazy. Its terrrrrriiiiibbbbbblllllleeee, and yet is going to be a 15 dollar card 3 years from now because of random drunken buyouts

yep, watch people lose their shit and spec some more because of kruphix's insight or whatever else will be revealed, funny stuff

bigkrev

A Naya Enchantment deck could run

Assemble the Legion
Boon Styr
Corsair
Collective Blessing
Pacifism
Chained to the Rocks
Some number of Gods
Enchantress

.... yeah, this isn't going to be remotly good enough

Assemble the Legion
Boon Styr
Corsair
Collective Blessing
Pacifism
Chained to the Rocks
Some number of Gods
Enchantress

Isn't there a thing in Ravnica block that says "Creatures can't attack you or your planeswalkers unless their controller pays X, where X is the number of enchantments you control"? That would be good in this type of deck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The good thing about Kruphix is you don't really have to splash white for Sphinx Rev. I played against a few Zegana decks and they can draw just as many if not more than Sphinx Rev can. Not only that, you want permanents on the board anyways to try and activate Kruphix as a creature.

Yeah, Kruphix would make a neat interaction with Sphinx's Rev, but I just feel like they belong in different deck styles.

The good thing about Kruphix is you don't really have to splash white for Sphinx Rev. I played against a few Zegana decks and they can draw just as many if not more than Sphinx Rev can. Not only that, you want permanents on the board anyways to try and activate Kruphix as a creature.

This would've easily been a one-of in control if it was an instant, replacing Opportunity.

Graki: Yeah standards. I wouldn't have mentioned Warleader Helix in any other formats otherwise lol.

It still might be good in a deck like the one I'm running where it would interact pretty nicely with Prognostic Sphinx.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Isn't there a thing in Ravnica block that says "Creatures can't attack you or your planeswalkers unless their controller pays X, where X is the number of enchantments you control"? That would be good in this type of deck

Sphere of Safety. The pivotal card in the old Pillow Fort lists.

Image.ashx

ultron87

Hopefully it'd be something a little more proactive then pillow fort. You could obviously make things stupid huge with Ethereal Armor, but then you're just playing Hexproof. Which means you are the worst.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Assemble the Legion
Boon Styr
Corsair
Collective Blessing
Pacifism
Chained to the Rocks
Some number of Gods
Enchantress

I can envision this list combined with Sphere of Safety making me want to rage.

I like the idea of a shell of colored artifacts and enchantments in a deck with planes walkers and gods of the corresponding colors. Esper with elspeth, jace, ashiok, heliod, thasa, ephara, erebos, and the BW god. Snowing the opponent til they hit the board and keeping them creatures with permanents verdict and black removal can't touch. I'm hoping journey to my has some things to enable this. There are already many useful enchantments out there. And then bestow creatures working in there too, maybe.

Angry Grimace

I had forgotten all about this card:

3ZSpOGN.jpg

In Roman mythology, lemures were shades or spirits of the restless or malignant dead. What is that on this card? That is a lemur.

The Adder

Banned
Hopefully it'd be something a little more proactive then pillow fort. You could obviously make things stupid huge with Ethereal Armor, but then you're just playing Hexproof. Which means you are the worst.

I play a pillow-forty Orzhov bleed deck that's benefited from this block.

The problem with this deck is that it does nothing against R/W Burn. Or a U/W/X deck trying to kill you with Aetherling

R/W burn is probably a problem - though Blind Obedience fits into this deck like a glove, and could be an important source of life gain.

Aetherling, though? If you can land a Sphere of Safety or two with a bunch of enchantments out, and they're having to pay ~10 mana just to attack you once, that's not the worst position to be in.

red13th

Old Magic art is peculiar. I remembered Mothership once said that this card was commissioned as "Dwarf Scouts".

kl4HQgJ.jpg

It clearly didn't show dwarfs, but the then-art director said that those were "the artist's depiction of dwarfs". They ended up having to change the card's name. Flavour text makes sense in that context.

Angry Grimace

Mark Rosewater on his podcast called that card out specifically when talking about funny mistakes that made it through in the older days.

Apparently, the wings were added on by someone at Wizards internal department after the fact because it didn't even have those when it was sent in.

The Adder

Banned
Never going happen, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of someone bestowing a Ghostblade Eidolon on a Sedge Scorpion and then attaching Godsend

Another cute way in which Mana Confluence is better than City of Brass: it's not locked out by City in a Bottle.

I wonder if Confluence replaces City or Gemstone Mine (or some combination thereof) in those kinds of Legacy/Vintage decks.

Angry Grimace

Another cute way in which Mana Confluence is better than City of Brass: it's not locked out by City in a Bottle.

I wonder if Confluence replaces City or Gemstone Mine (or some combination thereof) in those kinds of Legacy/Vintage decks.

I remember someone trying to explain to me that because of City in a Bottle, the Arabian Nights Mountain was strictly worse than all other mountains. :lol (the Oracle text makes that not true, though).

Mana Confluence is going to be like a $15 card immediately.

I remember someone trying to explain to me that because of City in a Bottle, the Arabian Nights Mountain was strictly worse than all other mountains. :lol (the Oracle text makes that not true, though).

That's actually a relatively recent change. City in a Bottle used to actually care about the expansion symbol until sometime last year. They switched it around because it just doesn't make any sense (why should a Modern Masters City of Brass be strictly better than Arabian Nights one?).

bigkrev

If you are at 1 life, you can tap city of brass and cast an instant (such as a lethal lighting bolt) in response to the damage trigger. You can't do that with this one.

Angry Grimace

If you are at 1 life, you can tap city of brass and cast an instant (such as a lethal lighting bolt) in response to the damage trigger. You can't do that with this one.

Also, you can die to Mana Confluence, but not City of Brass while you have Ali from Cairo in play. =V

Also, you can die to Mana Confluence, but not City of Brass while you have Ali from Cairo in play. =V

And you can't tap it for mana if you have a Platinum Emperion in play. All sorts of things.

Not being Port-able for value is going to be huge though, in formats where City of Brass is legal and sees play.

y2dvd

E9QU2r9nIn_EN.jpg

Fixed City of Brass

Chromanticore lets goooooooooooooooo!!!

So if I'm understanding this correct, the tokens will at least stay on the battlefield after attacking?

hOSIAv2T0h_EN.jpg

Also:

Worst Fears 7B (Mythic) Sorcery
You control target player during that player's next turn. Exile Worst Fears.

Why is this throwing me off? "You control enchanted creature." Does that mean I can enchant opponents creature and control it?

Yeef

Why is this throwing me off? "You control enchanted creature." Does that mean I can enchant opponents creature and control it?
Yes.

~Ritual of the Returned 3B

Instant (Uncommon)

Exile target creature card from your graveyard. Put a black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield with power equal to the exiled card's power and toughness equals to the exiled card's toughness.

Chromanticore lets goooooooooooooooo!!!

So if I'm understanding this correct, the tokens will at least stay on the battlefield after attacking?

Those tokens will come in and stay.

Remember that you can equip and enchant any creature on the board including your opponent's. This is how Mind Control works. This is the same thing plus flying and +1/+1.

67.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

~Ritual of the Returned 3B

Instant (Uncommon)

Exile target creature card from your graveyard. Put a black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield with power equal to the exiled card's power and toughness equals to the exiled card's toughness.

Image.ashx

Top Bottom