• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

Kacar

Maybe a stupid question but would bile blight kill an undying creature when it returns to the battlefield because it says till the end of turn.

inthrall

Maybe a stupid question but would bile blight kill an undying creature when it returns to the battlefield because it says till the end of turn.

Nope, a creature that leaves play and returns somehow is considered a different creature for all effects and purposes. See this link for more info

Lucario

Nah. When a card changes zones, such as going from the battlefield to the graveyard (or vice-versa), the game sees it as a new card. It loses all memory of what happened to it before moving zones, including the -3/-3.

Yeef

Also note that effects like Bile Blight and Drown in Sorrow are one-shot effects. They only will affect creatures on the battlefield when they resolve. Creatures that enter the battlefield afterward are not effected.

Kacar

Nope, a creature that leaves play and returns somehow is considered a different creature for all effects and purposes. See this link for more info

Nah. When a card changes zones, such as going from the battlefield to the graveyard (or vice-versa), the game sees it as a new card. It loses all memory of what happened to it before moving zones, including the -3/-3.
Thanks. That's what I thought.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Allegedly full spoilers for Conspiracy and Vintage Masters go up tomorrow.

Karakand

You make a compelling offer but I must unfortunately decline.

A Black Lotus in awful condition is worth more than I put down on the car, on a lighter (or perhaps sadder) note. I remember when I thought a couple of hundo was an outrageous price for that card.

bigkrev

You make a compelling offer but I must unfortunately decline.

A Black Lotus in awful condition is worth more than I put down on the car, on a lighter (or perhaps sadder) note. I remember when I thought a couple of hundo was an outrageous price for that card.

I have an old 2004 Inquest in my bathroom. Tundra is a 12 dollar card.

OnPoint

I have an old 2004 Inquest in my bathroom. Tundra is a 12 dollar card.

I bought a handful of dual lands in like '98 or so. Paid like $10 a piece and felt like I spent more on cards than I ever would.

2014 OnPoint is laughing at that now. His wallet is not.

Firemind

What car did you end up with?

My dream is to go to a garage sale, open a box and find mint condition power nine, duals and other assorted cardboard gold. It must be the greatest feeling in the world.

rexor0717

What car did you end up with?

My dream is to go to a garage sale, open a box and find mint condition power nine, duals and other assorted cardboard gold. It must be the greatest feeling in the world.

This is in the back of my mind every time I walk past a garage sale. Its hard to resist wanting to scour.

Crocodile

IGN posted a video today that shows off DOTP 2015. Some new cards were spoiled, lots of cool cards in my opinion but nothing that would blow anyone's socks off.

We did learn what the returning mechanic of M2015 is though. The returning mechanic is
Convoke

I bought a handful of dual lands in like '98 or so. Paid like $10 a piece and felt like I spent more on cards than I ever would.

2014 OnPoint is laughing at that now. His wallet is not.

First tourney I went to there was a rumor of $5 dual lands somewhere on site.

Not tracking them down remains one of the biggest regrets of my life.

gwF4ut8xW2_EN.jpg

The entire article is good:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ld/300

So, despite its really awkward wording, this is just Vindicate for 1WW that exiles instead of destroys (in 2-player):

8XrdZ.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind; of course it's non-land permanent. So not Vindicate. Carry on.

HOLY SHIT COUNCIL'S JUDGEMENT KILLS TRUE-NAME NEMESIS.

(and players can only vote for permanents that the caster doesn't control)

EDIT: Obviously there exist a lot of cards that kill True-Name Nemesis, but they're all so narrow. This has to be the cheapest, most powerful, broadly applicable card that can kill it, right?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Full Vintage Masters spoilers seem to be out. No Wasteland or Rishadan Port.

Of course, this is irrelevant for actual limited in the format since Strip Mine is in. Basically meaning Legacy and Vintage will continue to be formats requiring 500 dollar online decks.

Of course, this is irrelevant for actual limited in the format since Strip Mine is in. Basically meaning Legacy and Vintage will continue to be formats requiring 500 dollar online decks.

Have you seen how much it costs to build a T1 Modern deck online?

Also might be worth noting that due to its tricky wording, Council's Judgment could easily trick your opponent into voting for a DIFFERENT permanent he controls than the one you chose, meaning that both of those permanents would get exiled.

Remember, everyone: if someone plays this against you in a duel, pick the same permanent they did.

Angry Grimace

Have you seen how much it costs to build a T1 Modern deck online?

Well, a lot, but at the very least all of it is reprintable if the prices get too out of whack. Wasteland seems like a super dumb card to omit. Particularly if the reason was a question of balancing limited since Strip Mine is in the set.

Wow, that is damn good.

Given that its an unconditional exile of any target permanent in a 1v1 game, its ridiculous.

Well, a lot, but at the very least all of it is reprintable if the prices get too out of whack. Wasteland seems like a super dumb card to omit. Particularly if the reason was a question of balancing limited since Strip Mine is in the set.

It was an uncommon in Tempest; they just flip the switch and turn the set back on for drafts any time they want to add more to the system and let the drafters take care of it.

Given that its an unconditional exile of any target permanent in a 1v1 game, its ridiculous.

Welcome to the post TNN one-upsmanship.

rCIZZLE

That's a bummer. Guessing they'll be MOCS promos some time.

I know it's not available online but I wonder if Rishadan Port was considered for Conspiracy since Misdirection made the cut.

Seems good for cube!

My new favorite "answer" to Progenitus.

My favorite cube moment is still turning a Tradewind Rider into a Progenitus using Sakishima's Student (it was obviously my opponent who put the original Progenitus in play). The shatterpause > concede from my opponent was glorious.

Lucario

Downlow this as much as possible until you see a preorder pop up, lol.

Doesn't look like reddit noticed. I'm preordering as many as I can get my hands on if it starts cheap.

Hype.

edit: I'm gonna set up an ebay alert. Looks like a lot of people still think it's symmetrical, or don't realize it hits hexproof/shrouded/protection creatures.

Angry Grimace

The market for online foils is weird. I was playing a sealed Journey into Nxy release event and pulled a foil Elspeth, which I didn't really want since I already have regular Elspeths and foil is meaningless online unless you're doing a foil redemption. None of the bots would buy it (probably because foil Elspeth is by far the most expensive card online due to redemptions) so I put a classifed ad up for it and some dude wanted it solely for the purposes of impressing his friends with a shiny. He paid me 40 tix.

Top Bottom