• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the GAFering |OT2|

bigkrev

I was looking at Mythic Spoiler, and have no idea if this is a reprint or not (because I normally use Mirage/Tempest/Saga lands that have the writing on them if I'm playing constructed), but man, I like the artwork on this island
island2.jpg

They should bring back World Enchantments.

And retroactively let Olle Rade have World of Bums reprinted

I'm about 4 pages late here, but I don't get the hate for Liliana 1.0. I love that card and it's one of my favorites to cube draft. Really versatile too. If I ever made a casual 60-card black deck, it would have her in it for sure.

A lot more fun than LotV.

bigkrev

These soul cycle are so bad, fucking waste of mythic spot. Why can't these cards have etb abilities?

I Like them- they are a nice twist on the "even if this dies to Doom Blade, you are getting something" that the Titans were, without being format warping like the Titans were (Standard at one point was "super open- you can play whatever titan you want", and were so good that Wurmcoil Engine couldn't see play in it's time in Standard).

I'm greedy, but Entomb would be a nice reprint here. I don't think it's unsafe for Modern or Standard.

ultron87

Too powerful. Even though it doesn't get played in any format. Can I interest you in a 3 CMC with the mechanic du jour stapled onto it?

It doesn't get played in any format because the only ones it is legal in are Legacy and Vintage where it is competing with even better spells.

OnPoint

Too powerful. Even though it doesn't get played in any format. Can I interest you in a 3 CMC with the mechanic du jour stapled onto it?

This is what they should do, since repeating Mana Leaks seems to be the big problem, rather than Mana Leak itself.

Spell Swirl 1U
Instant
Counter target spell unless
caster pays 3.
Exile Spell Swirl.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It doesn't get played in any format because the only ones it is legal in are Legacy and Vintage where it is competing with even better spells.

Yes. Exactly. I think they brought back Lightning Bolt and it didn't ruin the game, I feel like Counterspell exists in that same spot of being really, really good, but not as broken as they seem to fear.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";118186976]1U

Counter target spell with CMC 3 or less[/QUOTE]
I think they're super-wary of Spell-Snare esque effects since they're such a blowout when you get them on the draw.

red13th

I Like them- they are a nice twist on the "even if this dies to Doom Blade, you are getting something" that the Titans were, without being format warping like the Titans were (Standard at one point was "super open- you can play whatever titan you want", and were so good that Wurmcoil Engine couldn't see play in it's time in Standard).

I'm greedy, but Entomb would be a nice reprint here. I don't think it's unsafe for Modern or Standard.

Or Buried Alive!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
All I'm saying is that they think 1 drop hexproof dudes are just dandy and every creature has a giant spell stapled to it. It's time for counters to slowly be put back into place. The balance is way off at the moment.

When I'm playing blue decks now, I'm more worried about getting beat down by efficient creatures than having my stuff countered. That ain't right!

bigkrev

Just wait until they reprint Counterspell at rare.

wouldn't be a problem, its had 17 (18 if we count Japanese Jace vs Chandra as a separate product from the English one) printings. And I just checked SGC- They have 100 copies of both the Tempest and Ice Age ones NM for under a dollar, and plenty at lower conditions and costs.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
wouldn't be a problem, its had 17 (18 if we count Japanese Jace vs Chandra as a separate product from the English one) printings. And I just checked SGC- They have 100 copies of both the Tempest and Ice Age ones NM for under a dollar, and plenty at lower conditions and costs.

Until you crack one in a booster...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Time to make a Vintage goodstuff deck.

If only fetches weren't like 50 bucks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, started building a Vintage storm deck this week and Hurkyl's is 30 tix..ugh.

I'm surprised boobgirl version isn't on MTGO, only the 10E one.

Also, I think the best troll ever would be if Garruk wasn't even in the set, and the 6th Planeswalker was a 5-color Sliverwalker:

Sliver said:
+1: Slivers you control get +3/+3 until end of turn.
-1: Slivers you control gain hexproof until end of turn
-6: SLIVERSSLIVERSSLIVERSSLIVERSSLIVERSSLIVERS trololololol

JulianImp

I'm surprised boobgirl version isn't on MTGO, only the 10E one.

Also, I think the best troll ever would be if Garruk wasn't even in the set, and the 6th Planeswalker was a 5-color Sliverwalker:

Whether it's a creature or a crazy planeswalker, they should just give it an ability like the one Spawnsire of Ulamog has (or whichever eldrazi it was that let you put eldrazi cards you owned onto the battlefield).

Angry Grimace

Whether it's a creature or a crazy planeswalker, they should just give it an ability like the one Spawnsire of Ulamog has (or whichever eldrazi it was that let you put eldrazi cards you owned onto the battlefield).

It's probably just a Sliver Queen reprint or something.

(Sliver Queen is unfortunately on the Reserved List)

Top Bottom