• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar |OT| Lands matter (but nothing else does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

what are you talking about

meren has top tier art. i love how she has a pet zombie dragon

I actually agree. Meren's art is pretty sweet.

My best friend lost all his cards in a house fire. His EDH deck was a GB reanimate deck. I'm going to try and rebuild it for him for Xmas. She would go perfect in it.

Matriox

Magus-of-the-Wheel-C15.png

I really hope that flavor text is real...

y2dvd

You think trading Expedition Flooded Strand and Misty Rainforest is worth it for 2 Tropical Islands? Will scg's announcement regarding Legacy affect dualland pricing?

kirblar

You think trading Expedition Flooded Strand and Misty Rainforest is worth it for 2 Tropical Islands? Will scg's announcement regarding Legacy affect dualland pricing?
If you need them for playing Legacy, definitely a good idea. I think the Strand/Rainforest might spike higher long term if you're looking to invest. Just a matter of priorities.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I traded off my Misty Rainforest to pick up Liliana of the Veils. Yes, she's totally getting a MMA3 reprint, no, I don't expect it to crater prices in the least. I guess I could end up being sad if she saw a SOI reprint, but I more suspect everyone else will be sad when she isn't.

I honestly can't believe how much the "Usual Drafters" hate BFZ. Marhsall has two whole drafts up. Kenji is leading the charge with 4.

LSV has posts ABOUT drafting BFZ, but no actual videos of him doing it.

Like... It's actually annoying me. All these guys / girls have multiples of Origins, but basically zero of Battle for Zendikar.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
CS_biuRUcAA2SLI.png

That should make some dumb stuff happen. Also, wrath protection!
So basically put a bunch of tokens out and just have a bunch of indestructible beaters as your only creatures.

Haines

Banned
I see channel fireball just gave the boot to this woo guy because he said some nazi stuff or something.

Funny how people that work in the public/entertainment space under someone elses brand dont know how to refrain from saying something stupid and ruining it for themselves,

An-Det

I see channel fireball just gave the boot to this woo guy because he said some nazi stuff or something.

Funny how people that work in the public/entertainment space under someone elses brand dont know how to refrain from saying something stupid and ruining it for themselves,

Is that what happened? I just saw the post on Facebook but there is nothing saying what he actually did besides it being in stream.

Joe Molotov

I honestly can't believe how much the "Usual Drafters" hate BFZ. Marhsall has two whole drafts up. Kenji is leading the charge with 4.

LSV has posts ABOUT drafting BFZ, but no actual videos of him doing it.

Like... It's actually annoying me. All these guys / girls have multiples of Origins, but basically zero of Battle for Zendikar.

I enjoyed Origins draft, but BFZ draft is meh-city.

Firemind

How do you call that

Oh right schadenfreude haha

Angry Grimace

So Travis Woo got shitcanned for his "Sympathy for Hitler" rant, and a bunch of pros are mad about the "internet witch hunt." Are internet witch hunts a problem? Sometimes, but goddamn is Travis Woo's sympathy for what Hitler was trying to do is not the fucking hill you want to die on.

Matriox

So Travis Woo got shitcanned for his "Sympathy for Hitler" rant, and a bunch of pros are mad about the "internet witch hunt." Are internet witch hunts a problem? Sometimes, but goddamn is Travis Woo's sympathy for what Hitler was trying to do is not the fucking hill you want to die on.

Apparently it was presented in hypotheticals, but twoo is nuts so I can't really say what I think he actually believes.

In other news, I am not having fun playing Jund in modern, so I'll be playing Taking Turns at GP Pittsburgh for the laughs. Might as well have fun if I know I won't do well.

Lucario

I like how the "no witch hunts" brigade comes out even when there was nothing resembling a witch hunt.

There were zero posts about TWoo's holocaust denial stream on reddit last night, and when I googled "TWoo Holocaust" to figure out what the fuck was going on, the top result was this thread. To top it off, no one here posted about how CFB should let him go for his idiotic comments, we were just (rightfully) calling him a crazy asshole.

The closest thing to a witch hunt going on is the angry posturing against CFB for "violating TWoo's Free Speech." Because apparently ChannelFireball is a government entity now.

Angry Grimace

I mean, on some level I feel bad for Woo because he is and always has been, clearly a loon and I legit don't think he meant harm. I think he's just kind of an idiot with a ton of dumb, unfiltered ideas floating through his head (see: walking up stairs backwards videos).

Woo has been getting progressively more and more unhinged over the years - a literal descent into madness. I mean this next statement with sympathy and not malice - I think there's a good chance he's legitimately suffering from some sort of psychological/mental disorder.

Angry Grimace

Woo has been getting progressively more and more unhinged over the years - a literal descent into madness. I mean this next statement with sympathy and not malice - I think there's a good chance he's legitimately suffering from some sort of psychological/mental disorder.

I always got the impression he's perpetually high on increasing amounts of very powerful marijuana.

kirblar

This ran through my head earlier as well. Hopefully he has people watching his back right now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The comments on the Facebook post are just weird. Not like, overly offensive from what I saw, just people who don't seem to understand how the world works?

Crocodile

Seeing that Treefolk spoiler has me considering if I want to add Splinter Twin/Kiki-Jiki combo to my Cube or if its too douchey. It's getting spread out between more and more colors and cards every year it seems.

I was wondering what Finkel was talking about on twitter. This gives some context.

I like how the "no witch hunts" brigade comes out even when there was nothing resembling a witch hunt.

There were zero posts about TWoo's holocaust denial stream on reddit last night, and when I googled "TWoo Holocaust" to figure out what the fuck was going on, the top result was this thread. To top it off, no one here posted about how CFB should let him go for his idiotic comments, we were just (rightfully) calling him a crazy asshole.

The closest thing to a witch hunt going on is the angry posturing against CFB for "violating TWoo's Free Speech." Because apparently ChannelFireball is a government entity now.

Internet denizens have no understanding of what free speech actually is. It's pretty hilarious <3

bigkrev

I always got the impression he's perpetually high on increasing amounts of very powerful marijuana.

Grimace is probably right.

I used to wonder why he streamed shirtless all the time.

Here is the official word btw
2MqVoZ4.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Whaaaat? On the Internet? No.

:p

Well, okay, yes, I'm just surprised that in 2015 there are still people who don't get "your employer might fire you if you say offensive shit in public". Its not even like there was some kind of petition or group outcry for his removal to rail against, its literally just CFB responding to the comments immediately after they happen with "yeah, not cool"

The comments on the Facebook post are just weird. Not like, overly offensive from what I saw, just people who don't seem to understand how the world works?

I actually think most of the people just read CFB's post, didn't bother to listen to what Woo actually said, and jumped to defend him based on CFB's (correctly) vague announcement.

Angry Grimace

The biggest problem with these things is it exposes how many pros and other content producers are actually entitled idiots.

We had like 4 of them thrown in that pile with the Magic Rapist, like 4 from Tarmogoyf Raredrafting and now a couple more with Travis Woo Defends Hitler.

Lucario

This does seem possible. TWoo was an energetic and positive person when he started streaming. He constantly talked about the importance of positivity and regular self-improvement.

At some point, his personality did a complete 180. If mental illness is the issue here, I hope he gets the help he needs soon.

I still don't see the issue with the foil tarmogoyf.

and yeah banning a convicted rapist who served for his crime isn't the nicest thing but WoTC has to be careful of their public image so I understand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom