• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar |OT| Lands matter (but nothing else does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

Which card is Yawg 3.0 again?

This is cool:

en_hHSzfAwFwd.png

What plane is this?

This is some Berserk looking creature. Grotesque!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol i did that again

Considering giving red more access to temporary, one-turn resurrection.

I have AutocardAnywhere enabled on NeoGAF so I don't have to constantly google cards that come up in this thread, and I use NeoGAF Quick Quote, Reply and Edit to get a post box at the end of the page... which I guess works by scraping the screen, and therefore picks up the version with the Autocard links already applied when I quote a post? But I didn't notice because... I have AutocardAnywhere on so I expect to see random TCGplayer links everwhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I couldn't tell if I picked up some malware somewhere, but it seemed like super overly specific malware haha

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";184296266]It's kind of annoying that I'm randomly in Philadelphia but I won't be at the Open this weekend -_-[/QUOTE]
I'll be there!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All the Confluences are designed in a manner such that you would be reasonably expected to choose one of the modes more than once in a single casting. Other than vs. Storm or in a counterwar (both very rare in Commander games), I can't imagine very many situations where you'd want to choose straight Counterspell more than once. I'm sure its "only" a leak to encourage you to choose the mode more than once more often.

Mizzix's Mastery?

Token you posted is New Phyrexia - tokens are for Ezuri's Predation

I think its there to deliberately look and play like Cryptic Command while not being Cryptic Command.

Matriox

Was wondering about Lightning Rager myself.

Also, another point about that "snake". It's got 4 arms. But it's a 1/1? Get the fuck out of here with that. Even a Typhoid Rat is more powerful than this thing.

The art doesn't give you a good sense of scale, so they could be 2 inches tall :p

Update on that MTGIsland.com store thing. The guy eventually got back to me, so they didn't go under. I've ordered from them a bunch of times and it's always been fine. He waived the shipping due to his late response, which was nice.

They ship out of Toronto and have generally good prices on stuff, in my experience, so if you're in Canada, it's a good option. He lists prices in USD, but you can have it show in CAN, if you want.

Angry Grimace

My understanding is that the only mythic rares printed in these products are the commanders themselves.

Last year there were random Mythic Wurmcoil Engines, several of them had Titans and Bogardan Hellkites, etc.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
With pre-made products like these, I am not sure I like the way Wizards is going about the spoilers. Since the decks are pre-constructed anyway, and people need to make decisions about their purchases ahead of time, it's really not all that helpful to have the information trickle out so slowly. I would most definitely like to have full decklists by now because I will need to allocate up to $150 for these decks, but not if the value isn't there.

Mods and their fancy toys... :)

These are both things you can get on the Chrome Store!

I wonder if the switching of the block structure forced them to kind of take what they could get for a lot of stuff, until they can adjust.

With Origins the problem was clearly that they had to fill out a ton of art on very short notice so they scraped the barrel, and my hope was that the problems with BFZ were a carryover from that. If you look through the whole set it's not even close to true that all the art's bad (and it's quite a bit better than Origins on average). Instead there's really just two percentages that are off: there's a greater percentage of artists that just suck than usual, and a greater percentage of images from long-time artists that seem tossed-off (like Sylvan Scrying from the normally reliable Daniel Ljunggren.) That definitely could just be overworked art director staff/freelance illustrators.

JulianImp

Would it have been too broken if it was just plain Counterspell?

Image.ashx

Of course a fellow Izzet mage would remember that card. I really wanted to make it work back when it was in standard, but of course it just wasn't meant to happen since it was too slow and clunky to do anything.

Someday I'll finish building a decent but not OP Jhoira commander deck, but then I'll have to look for people in my area that'd actually be into the format...

Firemind

I don't even play it in my Niv-Mizzet EDH deck.

Guess our leader still reigns supreme. If I ever see someone use that sphinx as a commander, I'll make sure to kill him first. What an insult. Probably that hokey goblin too. I imagine her getting out of hand rather quickly.

Joe Molotov

Think I'm gonna run Abzan this weekend. I only got 1 Gideon tho, just gonna run Sorins instead. I'll test it out at FNM tomorrow before the PPTQ on Saturday.

Ashodin

FNM will be my modern allies deck. Just tuned it up, need three more Hada Freeblade to get it rolling. It's my standard deck modified to be even more powerful.

Lucario

With pre-made products like these, I am not sure I like the way Wizards is going about the spoilers. Since the decks are pre-constructed anyway, and people need to make decisions about their purchases ahead of time, it's really not all that helpful to have the information trickle out so slowly. I would most definitely like to have full decklists by now because I will need to allocate up to $150 for these decks, but not if the value isn't there.

I imagine it's even worse for store owners, who had to place orders for these decks without any knowledge of what would be in them, or how excited players would be. If we see a legacy playable or expensive reprint spoiled at the last second, supplies are going to dry up fast. If not, these will be sitting on shelves for a long time.

FNM will be my modern allies deck. Just tuned it up, need three more Hada Freeblade to get it rolling. It's my standard deck modified to be even more powerful.

Good luck! Modern allies is a hilariously fun deck.

bigkrev

CTE2hNAUYAA8Nk2.jpg

I know that it's an Uncommon because it's going to appear in multiple decks, but this just seems really out of place with a silver expansion symbol

Lucario

So...

-Kills every planeswalker on the board
-Activates Dark Depths
-Shuts off Animar in black
-Kills all of the 0/0 commanders that ETB with counters
-Destroys a number of commander-staple creatures
-Turns off Vivid lands

And then comes in as a massive flyer? In addition to being a perfect card to pod in and out of in G/B?

Starting to wish I still had a casual commander playgroup. A lot of these new designs are beautiful, but probably not good enough to run against the cutthroat players at my LGS and school.

bigkrev

wtf?

That's not an uncommon. Well it hits your own too but still

Rarity for the new cards is purely decided by how many decks the cards are in. If it's only it one deck, it's a rare (or Mythic if it's one of the Commanders), if it's in 2-3 decks it's an Uncommon, and if it's in 4-5 of the decks it's a common. Complexity/Power has nothing to do with rarity in this set, but it does look strange at first glance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom