• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar |OT| Lands matter (but nothing else does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Not sure I get the point of functionally reprinting the Invasion Tap Lands at uncommon. We already got two strictly better common cycles of these fixers with Gates and the Khan lands. Kind of a feel bad if you have to play these in limited.

Also a New Kalitas got spoiled too

Firemind

Hm, the value of the expeditions here seems a lot lower. I sort of wish they'd done something like save the shocks for set 2 and move some of these to BFZ instead of dumping all of those staples into the first set and giving us Eye of Ugin as an expedition in the second one
wasteland is going to be worth hundreds of dollars though

the sphinx is hot

the uncommon land cycle is not so hot

r/w manland is 2/1 doubles strike for four. seems alright. of course the u/r manland isn't spoiled.

kirblar

Not sure I get the point of functionally reprinting the Invasion Tap Lands at uncommon. We already got two strictly better common cycles of these fixers with Gates and the Khan lands. Kind of a feel bad if you have to play these in limited.

Also a New Kalitas got spoiled too
Just for limited - means they didn't want the lifegain for whatever reason.

red13th

lol when I opened the gallery the minute I saw the post in here, it had 600-something views, not it shot up to 11k. Everybody loves spoilers! heh

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think I'm just upset because I know if I open an Expedition its either going to be like Kor Haven or Eye of Ugin. I opened like four of those dumb Ugin related lands across Khans block

red13th

I'm very interested in World Breaker but I'm not sure how much my cube can support <> mana, it and the Hellbent card drawing land did get me to consider it though.

kirblar

Mindbreaker Demon - 2BB

Creature - Demon

Flying, Trample

When Mindbreaker Demon enters the battlefield, put the top 4 cards of your library into your graveyard.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't have 4 or more card types in your graveyard, lose 4 life

4/5

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Mindbreaker Demon - 2BB

Creature - Demon

Flying, Trample

When Mindbreaker Demon enters the battlefield, put the top 4 cards of your library into your graveyard.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't have 4 or more card types in your graveyard, lose 4 life
Huh that definitely feels playable somewhere

traveler

Not Wario
Kozi's return seems like the best card from this batch.

Kinda disappointed we didn't get Maze of Ith. With Wasteland and Dustbowl reprinted, Strrip Mine feels a bit much. Replacing Mana Confluence would have been fine too. Still, most of these are pretty solid and at least we got Kor Haven as a pseudo Maze.

bY4xQVG.jpg

Sea Gate Rubble
T: Add <>.
2<>, T: Draw a card. Play this ability only if you have no cards in your hand.

kirblar

Huh that definitely feels playable somewhere
It's Tarmogoyf's BFF.
Kinda disappointed we didn't get Maze of Ith. With Wasteland and Dustbowl reprinted, Strrip Mine feels a bit much. Replacing Mana Confluence would have been fine too. Still, most of these are pretty solid and at least we got Kor Haven as a pseudo Maze.
Kor Haven was too flavorful to pass on.

Firemind

Mindbreaker Demon - 2BB

Creature - Demon

Flying, Trample

4/5
that's kind of insane?

four card types is a lot, but if you have it, oh boy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Six mana is just too slow, even if her 0 is basically Wheel of Fortune

kirblar

that's kind of insane?

four card types is a lot, but if you have it, oh boy.
Welcome to the world where 4-drops have to compete with Rhino. Both this guy and the legend are probably playable in Modern.
Wait, does that other land say <>2,t: draw a card. activate this ability only during your main phase?
Only if your hand is Empty. It's a reversed Library of Alexandria.

Santiako

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";189113570]Wait, does that other land say <>2,t: draw a card. activate this ability only during your main phase?

That's pretty nuts.

Sidisi's back, baby![/QUOTE]

No, it's activate only if no cards in hand.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol at that mono black Vampire with the Leyline of the Void effect

fuck your Zulaport Cutthroat deck
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

but it's not

it's winds of change + draw a card

Yeah that's right you get 7 with WOF it's pretty horrible

Hero

Chandra could see play but at 6 I kind of doubt it. Can't believe they only gave her 4 loyalty too. No wiping Siege Rhinos away.

Also:

Wow, what a fucking mess if that's legit (and there's no reason to assume it's not) - when's the last time they had so much leak? New Phyrexia, right?

Tons of sets have had stuff like this come out around the first or second week of previews as unscrupulous tournament organizers crack packs, but this is definitely the most we've had so far in advance in years and years.

If you can ramp into her shes a wrath and draws you into more big fatty cards.

She's not bad, but she's incredibly niche.

Yeah it's not that she's bad, it's that I just feel like this is exactly the type of Chandra no one asked them for?

Angry Grimace

Nissa seems bad and Chandra doesn't seem playable because she's 6 mana. I mean, kudos for not making her have burn, I guess.

I suppose its easy to misjudge 3 mana walkers, but Nissa just seems like she doesn't do anything.

Angry Grimace

I guess Kozilek's Return is the chase mythic because all the other ones look pretty mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom