• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Ah, missed that it was an uncommon. Probably 1 per pack like OG.
Brian David-Marshall ‏@Top8Games 55s56 seconds ago

The "funny" thing about 81% win rate for Eldrazi is it is dragged down by CFB's 70+% -- The UR Eldrazi deck won 95% w/4 players at #PTOGW
lol

Oh come on, really @ another early leak.

Though what we see is interesting. Nice to see I was right about madness. Skulk is pretty clearly an attempt at a U/B evergreen keyword, though I thought it was weird on that one Dragons of Tarkir megamorph card, and it's odd how it would be weaker on large creatures. I can't really comment on the other mechanics yet. I'm guessing the demon from the Duel Deck doesn't have delirium to hide that it's a mechanic.

A lot of the art seems much weaker than OG Innistrad, unfortunately, but hopefully there are still standouts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know how you can deny that Eldrazi is just busted as fuck at this point.

kirblar

Obviously these decks were never legal together, but I can't help but wonder if Twin would have a good matchup against Eldrazi.
It would have, yeah. Twin busts up any linear deck. (Though Eldrazi is running Dismember, so...)

But you probably would have just ended up with Eldrazi Twin.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao @ LSV naming "Griselbrand Enraged" with Pithing Needle

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Love that colorless version of the Eldrazi deck. But yeah, see, this is what actual data looks like. When a deck picks up a 80 percent win rate, eyes start to twitch over at WotC. Still, it's only day 1 of its first real tournament.

I find it hilarious that there is a UR version and it doesn't even bother with Kozilek's Return.

f0rk

$100 Cascade Bluffs?

You're playing 4 lands that tap for nothing and 4 that only tap for colourless, and you still need a u/r source to use Cascade Bluffs which are breaking up the powerful draws so you probably don't do anything against normal twin

Angry Grimace

Love that colorless version of the Eldrazi deck. But yeah, see, this is what actual data looks like. When a deck picks up a 80 percent win rate, eyes start to twitch over at WotC. Still, it's only day 1 of its first real tournament.

I find it hilarious that there is a UR version and it doesn't even bother with Kozilek's Return.

This is the first tournament where the big brewers have put a deck for it together. The deck is completely busted, its obvious from just looking at Thought-Knot and Eye of Ugin at the same time.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194419787]So is it more or less likely that LotV is returning now that we know Madness is around?

BR Madness with Tormenting Voice, Tibalt and Lili let's go[/QUOTE]

It's too powerful, its not happening.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194419787]So is it more or less likely that LotV is returning now that we know Madness is around?

BR Madness with Tormenting Voice, Tibalt and Lili let's go[/QUOTE]

LotV was already deemed to powerful for reprint in a format that wasn't designed to support it, I highly doubt we get her now

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So...uh...is it me or does Skin Invasion sound like an instant or sorcery?

Eh, probably a double faced enchantment

Autumnal Gloom definitely is

Angry Grimace

Madness existing in general is already potentially busted with LOTV in Modern if anything is good with it.

bigkrev

So...uh...is it me or does Skin Invasion sound like an instant or sorcery?

Eh, probably a double faced enchantment

Autumnal Gloom definitely is

Aura that makes creature attack each turn, and when the creature dies the card flips and the swarm of bugs under his skin are on the other side

Modern is soooo much healthier without Splinter Twin. *eyeroll*

Eye of Ugin would obviously still be super busted, but a T1 deck that would smash the Eldrazi deck actually would have made this a much more diverse tournament.

Haines

Banned
I definetely trust this 2B Kindly Stranger fellow. Seems legit.

Innistrad has 2 sided cards (like Jace, Vryn's Prodigy). One of the central mechanics of the set is that every pack has a 2 sided card that can transform and its coming back in Shadows Over Innistrad (everyone knew it was).

Ok, so what do you do with the card exactly. If the cards are 2 sided why do i need a checklist

Is there limited on day 3 of pt?

Santiako

Ok, so what do you do with the card exactly. If the cards are 2 sided why do i need a checklist

You mark on the checklist what 2 sided card you are using and use that instead so the you can't see what card is the 2 sided card.

Day 3 is modern only afaik

Hero

If you don't play with sleeves you put the checklist card in your unsleeved deck (back of check list is normal backing) that represents the unflipped side and when you flip it you can use the actual card with both sides on it.

kirblar

Modern is soooo much healthier without Splinter Twin. *eyeroll*

Eye of Ugin would obviously still be super busted, but a T1 deck that would smash the Eldrazi deck actually would have made this a much more diverse tournament.
This tournament is hilarious. Obviously terrible long term, but it won't last.

An-Det

When does Modern season start (the WOTC site fucking sucks for this info)? Eldrazi is big at the PT, but with a Modern GP in a month and the pptq season at some point I'm not entirely convinced that things won't balance out before an Eldrazi Temple ban is needed.

Edit: Naturally Ian says that on stream as I'm typing this. Guess we'll see.

While Vryn's Prodigy didn't need the madness buff, at least Chandra will get a little more help from it too.

Doesn't Jace (Magic Origins) rotate out when SoI hits?

Angry Grimace

It's a substitute for the 2 sided card since you can't directly play it in your deck. You can directly play DFC (double faced cards) in your deck with opaque sleeves, though.
WYrMnav.png

OnPoint

Sigh. I bought the Eldrazi cards to play with them. If they actually ban stuff right away I might just stick to Commander in the future and sell out of Modern. These bans are getting a bit ridiculous now. Can't we just wait to see if the meta adjusts first?

kirblar

Sigh. I bought the Eldrazi cards to play with them. If they actually ban stuff right away I might just stick to Commander in the future and sell out of Modern. These bans are getting a bit ridiculous now. Can't we just wait to see if the meta adjusts first?
You can't adjust to what's happening in the format right now. T2 Seer, T3 Smasher is GG.

We knew this was a possible outcome. Just might not have been expecting it to bust open this fast.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194424521]I'm surprised that none of the 1-4 Lantern players are doing well. Eldrazi just scoops to Bridge. Maybe they all suck at drafting.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Lantern isn't the best deck in the format when it doesn't draw Ensnaring Bridge who would have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom