• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More comments on the SOI leaks:
* I think with the investigate mechanic, they're going to bring in Sherlock Holmes style detective stories in addition to Lovecraftian stuff. I guess the Lovecraftian stuff won't be that played up until the second set, though. Unfortunately, I think Jace will play the role of Holmes, so we may not get a legendary creature for that character type. He will be investigating the weird stuff happening, coming across clues, until he discovers Eldrazi involvement.
* Emrakul itself may not appear in this block, but Nahiri is her thrall.
* Investigate will probably be W/U only, madness will probably be B/R.

Haines

Banned
Wierd how they kept saying he was a lock for top 8 when it wasnt true but whatever,

They just said hes winning against an affinity deck.

I mean, it's the perfect storm. I kinda figured that with Twin gone we'd see a surge in linear aggro, but didn't expect that the best version of that kind of deck would pop up at the same time.

More comments on the SOI leaks:
* I think with the investigate mechanic, they're going to bring in Sherlock Holmes style detective stories in addition to Lovecraftian stuff. I guess the Lovecraftian stuff won't be that played up until the second set, though. Unfortunately, I think Jace will play the role of Holmes, so we may not get a legendary creature for that character type. He will be investigating the weird stuff happening, coming across clues, until he discovers Eldrazi involvement.
* Emrakul itself may not appear in this block, but Nahiri is her thrall.
* Investigate will probably be W/U only, madness will probably be B/R.

I agree Emrakul won't actually appear in the block, there'll be a bunch of horrors and stuff that are the effect of her presence but she'll bounce to another plane at the end of the second set. When they actually defeat Emrakul it will almost certainly be in another set where they can do the full eldrazi thing, show off a mechanic for Emrakul's brood, etc.

I think even if they're doing "Jace follows the clues" there'll be someone local that they'll team him up with, since if that's a theme in this set it's too good an archetype to skip out on.

Wierd how they kept saying he was a lock for top 8 when it wasnt true but whatever

He was a lock with a draw and if he hadn't been paired down his opponent would have definitely drawn with him.

traveler

Not Wario
It's nearing $50. What more do you want? :lol

I dont know shit, but couldnt you sell them as insurance and buy them later if they dont happen to get banned,

I'd rather play the deck than sell it, but everything I've seen from Wizard's handling of modern suggests that it will be banned, and as this is sort of the peak of modern before the next ban wave, I assume I should sell now.

bigkrev

Through the breach looks slightly worse with the Eldrazi deck doing no damage to itself, meaning Emrakul doesn't always win

JEEZ that topdeck slowroll Galvanic Blast!

kirblar

The U/R Eldrazi deck is the closest deck I've seen to Zvi's Invasion Block Constructed win. Just a pile of Jank that happens to be the best positioned deck in the room. I love seeing people be able to just run over a format like that.

bigkrev

These Eldrazi decks don't really get to play many Affinity hate cards

That draw was nuts though. Only thing that could have made it better was another land

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194432030]It's not a great idea. So many ways to go horribly wrong.[/QUOTE]

But it'd shut down the Eldrazi matchups if it doesn't get thought knotted.

Obviously would have to work on the mana.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Someone trying to knock out the U/R Eldrazi deck? Yeah, that makes sense.

The X-2-1s weren't paired and are both playing, it sounds like.

They want to knock him out and possibly get a team mate in. It's a good strategy actually.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194433095]If he loses someone might have to watch him for a day or two.[/QUOTE]

I think he'll get a top 16 anyways and he gets an invite to the next PT anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom