• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
Hope you come back. Might be worth it to look for a play group and build a cheap cube. If you go unpowered you could build one fairly cheap and have limited any time. Probably be cheaper in the long run, allow you to define the play styles and still get some games in every once in awhile.

Thats a good suggestion. Ill look into it.

Enjoyed watching lsvs amazing draft and watched him crush his team mate. Agro is where you want to be in this format for sure.

But none of the previous printings are. Sulfurous Sprimgs 10E is $8, while every other printing is in the $2. Is it because it's the only BB version not from Ice Age?

Yes, and the Ice Age version is a dopey demon in a hottub:

40.jpg

noquarter

Damn, more hate for the old art. Really miss the days of dopey demons and goofy goblins. Game looks meh now. See stuff I like entry once in awhile, but really not a fan of most of the current at, except landscapes. Still have some nice lands.

Still feel they haven't surpassed this, probably my favorite ever

Ashodin

phil and kaja liked to skirt lines with the art

Image.ashx

Clearly Albert Einstein

Also this is not Foglio, but MAN is it suggestive

171.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
4-1 with Mono Black Eldrazi in Standard and a Rugged Prairie expedition in my prize packs wheeee

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Enjoyd draft at the shop tonight.

But im pretty sure im done playing, finally. Game is great. Absolutely love it. But with only playing limited, it just doesnt suit my lifestyle.

Not that any of you care. I will probably just watch limited and maybe even hit the odd draft or prerelease for fun in the future. Dink around on freebie magic online, but with free hearthstone standard very soon, that looks extremely promising, it just fits my 30 year old, dad of 2, with a million good video games in my back log self. And i want to go back to the gym again. Love me some gym.

This set is cool in limited, but everything just devolves into allies and support cohort.

I played an amazing black blue colorless deck. Very fun, tough for a newbie like me to pilot, but def shows off the fun stuff in the game.

An entirely new draft environment is coming in 2 months.

El Topo

Did that guy really put the cards on eBay? That seems like a dangerous (and really stupid) move.

Edit:
Oh God. Jace and Madness. Oh God, no.

Santiako

Reading Structural Distortion's flavour text it seems that Nahiri is on Innistrad fucking things up. (I'm guessing she's not monowhite anymore)

'As Zendikar has Bled, so will Innistrad. As I have wept, so will Sorin.'
--Nahiri

Firemind

Reading Structural Distortion's flavour text it seems that Nahiri is on Innistrad fucking things up. (I'm guessing she's not monowhite anymore)

'As Zendikar has Bled, so will Innistrad. As I have wept, so will Sorin.'
--Nahiri
LOL Sorin can't catch a break

Santiako

From reddit, for easy reading:

Text post of all the clear, readable cards. I've put equal signs like =hello= around words that I guessed at because they weren't readable due to glare (fortunately, most of the glare is just over flavour text).

Invasive Surgery - U (Uncommon)
Instant
Counter target sorcery spell
Delirium - If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, search the graveyard, hand, and library of that spell's controller for any number of cards with the same name as that spell, exile those cards, then that player shuffles his or her library.

Fiery Temper - 1RR (Common)
Instant
Fiery Temper deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Madness R (If you discard this card, discard it =into exile.= When you do, cast it for its madness cost or put it into your graveyard.)
"Let the flames ignore the sinless."

Dance with Devils - 3R (Uncommon)
Instant
Put two 1/1 red Devil creature tokens onto the battlefield. They have "When this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player."
Devils sow =chaos= and reap panic.

Expose Evil - 1W (Common)
Instant
Tap up to two target creatures.
Investigate. (Put a colorless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
"Only the pure stand tall in the light." -Sigarda

Watcher in the Web - 4G (Common)
Creature - Spider
Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.)
Watcher in the Web can block an additional seven creatures during combat.
"Lost in the woods" =is an= optimistic way to describe a villager's disappearance. "Found in the woods" is frequently more appropriate.
2/5

Duskwatch Recruiter - 1G (Uncommon)
Creature - Human Warrior Werewolf
2G: Look at the top three cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from amongst them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Duskwatch Recruiter.
2/2
FLIPS INTO:
Krallenhorde Howler
Creature - Werewolf
Creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Krallenhorde Howler.
3/3

Hound of the Farbogs - 4B (Common)
Creature - Zombie Hound
Delirium - Hound of the Farbogs has menace as long as there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard. (A creature with menace can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.)
As you hear it =howling= in the distance, you'll feel its breath =on your= neck.
5/3

Pack Guardian - 2GG (Uncommon)
Creature - Wolf Spirit
Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
When Pack Guardian enters the battlefield, you may discard a land card. If you do, put a 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield.

Structural Distortion - 3R (Common)
Sorcery
Exile target artifact or land. Structural Distortion deals 2 damage to that permanent's controller.
"As Zendikar has bled, so will Innistrad. As I have =wept=, so will Sorin." -Nahiri

There is also a Dead Weight reprint, visible in the zoomed-out picture of the entire set of cards, but I can't make out the flavour text or the rarity. There are also some more cards visible in that zoomed-out picture, like a red mythic sorcery that looks like it makes 5 of those red 1/1 Devil creature tokens, and some others, but their card text is too zoomed out and blurry for me to be confident about.

Daedardus

Seems like the seller is from Venray, and while in the south of the Netherlands it isn't really around the corner.

That's still only a one hour drive to Cartamundi HQ. Still, even if he did get it from there, that places is usually secured like a bank, for the very reason to avoid leaks. Just weird that he gets a random booster two months before retail. Intentional leaking at work here?

Xis

Don't know what it signifies, but there are too many uncommons in that pack
EDIT: NM, forgot the flip card has it's own slot.

FeD.nL

That's still only a one hour drive to Cartamundi HQ. Still, even if he did get it from there, that places is usually secured like a bank, for the very reason to avoid leaks. Just weird that he gets a random booster two months before retail. Intentional leaking at work here?

Yeah the whole thing seems weird. I was looking at fnm spots near Venray, since it was posted this morning it would make sense he got them yesterday evening, got home around midnight and posted them first thing in the morning.

It could be that there was an employee from the factory givng out boosters at that FNM. I mean the guy who put it up on marktplaats must've know they were valueable but also must've had some sense of doing something ligitmate since he posted them on his 6-year old account with mobile phone number attached to it.

Edit: Though if he was a regular magic player he would've known that the pack would be worth much more closed.

Haines

Banned
Ok i iust realized you guys are talking about the expansion got leaked.

Jesus. I mean. Wizards. What the hell are you doing.

Haines

Banned
So that must mean there will be a dsicard mechanic?

Set looks wierd as hell at that first glance, but it probably makes more sense to you guys with more experience.

Santiako

So that must mean there will be a dsicard mechanic?

Set looks wierd as hell at that first glance, but it probably makes more sense to you guys with more experience.

Yeah, the first time Madness was around, you had plenty of ways of discarding cards, for example:

Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

Haines

Banned
Yeah, the first time Madness was around, you had plenty of ways of discarding cards, for example:

Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

Ahh, ok. Which then plays into the graveyard mechanics. Must be tough to balance but i guess you are trying to discard the card you can pay that cost for on discard, and do a combo thing.

So its kind of like bfz where your trying to combo 2 mechanics, but right out of your hand.

Well if i had any oath interest left this sure did kill it lol.

I have to assume there is a shitstorm coming from wizards hq.

jph139

Investigate is a goofy-ass mechanic, but I'm interested in seeing what they do with it. More diverse use of tokens is good to see and the theme is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom