• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both dreamcrushers won!

Sucks for both Jason Chung and JC Tao (who have done great this whole time) but now Frank has a great shot if he wins this last game!

Ashodin

Bart at this point is probably like

8d8d62547db6c6243e24ad297b315909.245x184x45.gif

So if you're going to ban one card from this, I feel like Eldrazi Temple is a way better choice. Isn't played anywhere else, doesn't do anything interesting besides make lots of mana, taking it out probably doesn't kill the deck but does drop it down a peg.

EDIT: Oh god Patrick don't go to Cheesecake Factory.

kirblar

So if you're going to ban one card from this, I feel like Eldrazi Temple is a way better choice. Isn't played anywhere else, doesn't do anything interesting besides make lots of mana, taking it out probably doesn't kill the deck but does drop it down a peg.
The problem with Eye is the Mimic draws.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

EDIT: Oh god Patrick don't go to Cheesecake Factory.

Eye lets you win on Turn 3 though.

I don't think the deck is great if one of them is banned either.

Lucario

Does top 8 actually start at 9am EST, or can I sleep in a bit more?

Also WOOO LSV, been so long since I've seen him off commentary

EDIT: YES, FRANK!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao the top 8 is like 2 affinity and 6 Eldrazi or something dumb like that

bigkrev

6 Eldrazi decks, 2 Affinity decks.

Banning Splinter Twin and it's opressive hold on the format has resulted in a much more diverse metagame.

At least the Eldrazi decks have 3 different builds, with 1 of them being very different from all the others.

9th place is Abzan Rally, 10th place is Infect

Angry Grimace

I will be selling Eyes and Temples today, this is getting banned by SOI, they're not waiting through Modern season for it.

Crocodile

Goddamn this Top 8 announcement music was cheezy as fuck.

Anyway, I spent most of this day with some friends drafting Powered Cube. Crazy bullshit followed unsurprisingly :p We did have the Pro Tour on in the back and we able to watch some games. That Frank vs. LSV match from earlier was NUTZ!!!!!

Fun tournament though the Eldrazi deck is bullshit. IN B4 more Modern Bans!

Also LOL at SOI spoilers. Grats on SigmasonicX for calling Madness through deduction <3

If Tamiyo's around they might even skip Jace given the omnipresence of MiniJace. But we're definitely getting a blue walker here.

I hope so. I feel we've been overdosing on Jace :/

He's on the booster pack don't think they'll do another oath.

Jace can still be in the set and have cards with his face on it without being a PW card in the set. See Ugin in BFZ block. Or like Jace himself :p (You don't need an Oath level card to do that)

f0rk

It would be cooler to unban Twin than banning Eldrazi cards.

At least the Eldrazi decks have 3 different builds, with 1 of them being very different from all the others.

That's because of how the Pro Tour works, with a GP one of the builds will come out as the best.

I do think you could probably make an alright UWR deck for this meta.

The So Many Insane Plays podcast constantly harps on how dumb it is to ban cards at the same time that you release a set. This tournament is the perfect example of why.

Angry Grimace

All these people on SA insisting that Eye won't be banned because WOTC wants to sell packs and stuff in Oath is used in the deck.

Yes, this despite Cruise and Dig making it 0 PTs and Siege Rhino busting Pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom