• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194492324]Eldrazi doing its best shops impression

I just sold my playset lol[/QUOTE]

I always intended to buy a couple more. I have two of them for my Living End deck.
Now I may just sell them, lol. Or I'm thinking of maybe keeping one for Daretti Commander, casting him a turn earlier than I should...

And what was on Brown's shirt? lol

Looked like a cartoon of Silumgar.

Or I could just play Lantern yes we know know ffs stop talking about Lantern
I know being irritated all the time is your thing, but Lantern is my deck. Of course I'm going to talk about modern in relation to the deck I play the most. I talked about bogles a lot when I was playing that deck, too. It's part of figuring out the puzzle.

It doesn't help that I'm forced to keep talking about Lantern because you try and shit on it whenever I bring it up. Which is fine, but it really does seem from all evidence that Lantern is one of the strongest decks in the field against Eldrazi specifically. And eldrazi is the big story of the weekend.

It's not like there's a whole lot of other stuff to talk about for Modern. It's the same bomb-shitting non-interactive hyper aggro decks that the format has always been about, except one of the few decks keeping those strategies in check is gone. Modern was already my least favorite constructed format and it's getting even less interesting strategically.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194495681]I know being irritated all the time is your thing, but Lantern is my deck. Of course I'm going to talk about modern in relation to the deck I play the most. I talked about bogles a lot when I was playing that deck, too. It's part of figuring out the puzzle.

It doesn't help that I'm forced to keep talking about Lantern because you try and shit on it whenever I bring it up. Which is fine, but it really does seem from all evidence that Lantern is one of the strongest decks in the field against Eldrazi specifically. And eldrazi is the big story of the weekend.

It's not like there's a whole lot of other stuff to talk about for Modern. It's the same bomb-shitting non-interactive hyper aggro decks that the format has always been about, except one of the few decks keeping those strategies in check is gone. Modern was already my least favorite constructed format and it's getting even less interesting strategically.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize "you are a jerk" was justification for bringing up the same thing over and over and over in response to essentially unrelated things. If someone is talking about playing some specific card in a $1500 deck they already own, its not useful or interesting advice to say "lol play Lantern instead" which is what you say every time anyone talks about a Modern deck they are playing. I'm not going to sell my deck and go buy Lantern.

Hero

Well? What should I build? I have a good portion of Affinity stuff but might be better suited selling off the pieces and building something a little cheaper.

Affinity is a format staple and they've already banned the cards that would make it overwhelming OP.

Kirblar was just advising people to stop chasing the flavor of the month decks. Eldrazi lands are going to get hit hard.

OnPoint

Affinity is a format staple and they've already banned the cards that would make it overwhelming OP.

Kirblar was just advising people to stop chasing the flavor of the month decks. Eldrazi lands are going to get hit hard.

I'm selling out of my Eldrazi pieces tonight. I guess I should just suck it up and play Affinity then. God damn it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Kiki-Chord is a FOTM deck but it looks hilarious....:(

Firemind

Well? What should I build? I have a good portion of Affinity stuff but might be better suited selling off the pieces and building something a little cheaper.
Build a cube. At least you can get some enjoyment out of that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Angry Grimace

And for what its worth, I think Standard is a better format than Modern.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194497070]No nonbasics wtf haha[/QUOTE]

I thought I misheard it. What exactly did she say?

f0rk

That's surely not what he means?
I'd of thought it would be you can't have a Hallowed Fountain in more than 1 deck

There's no way they keep it like that if that was the intention

Santiako

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194497070]No nonbasics wtf haha[/QUOTE]

It's so stupid. I don't even know what's the point of having 2/3 decks with only basic lands.

Angry Grimace

Okay they repeated it and that sounds like the most random, arbitrary deck building restriction I've ever heard. There's no way that sticks, I bet you they mean you can't have the same nonbasic in two decks, they're just confused.

I mean, if that's how its designed, wouldn't everyone just play Skred?

Angry Grimace

OK, you can't use the same nonbasic in more than one deck, that makes more sense.

You can't use the same cards at all. I think the example made Rich really confused and I have my doubts Helene is terribly familiar with actual game play. She's a PR person.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";194497991]Booooooo

I'm all for random deckbuilding restrictions for funsies tournaments like wmc.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why they have Standard-Modern-Modern. Should be either Standard-Modern-Standard or Legacy-Modern-Standard.

But then why do they need to call it out? Isn't that implied in the name "Unified Constructed?" Why do they specifically need to say it?

What a shitshow.

Angry Grimace

But then why do they need to call it out? Isn't that implied in the name "Unified Constructed?" Why do they specifically need to say it?

What a shitshow.

It's not, you can play 2 Hallowed Fountain in one deck and 2 in another in Unified normal rules. The deckbuilding restriction was just 4 of any card across your entire team cardlist.

f0rk

Still don't really understand what the point is. I guess it encourages synergistic decks by making teams want to get the most use out of their 4-ofs?

Well it's not much of a restriction otherwise considering you rarely play full shockland playsets.

You really start to wonder why they didn't just ban Eye and/or Temple prior to this PT. They had to know this is exactly what would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom