• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario

I dunno, it seems pretty good if you can land it when you're not worried about a response Dismember or something? What removal do people even play in Modern other than Path to Exile that can handle a colorless creature that big? Either way, looks fun!

Thanks! I'm having a blast with the deck so far. R/G has so much room for variation.

The issue I have with Conscription is that 8 mana is way harder to hit than 7, especially when my Eldrazi opponents run Ghost Quarters and/or World Breakers.

It's gross when it works, but sits dead in my hand pretty often.

The issue I have with Conscription is that 8 mana is way harder to hit than 7, especially when my Eldrazi opponents run Ghost Quarters and/or World Breakers.

I feel like this card has to have some kind of utility in Modern Eldrazi:

0010_mtgroe_en_lr2fxtx.jpg

Firemind

I'm trying to make Jori En work in EDH, but I'm drawing a blank. If only it said: "Whenever you cast a spell beyond the first spell each turn, draw a card."

Santiako

I'm trying to make Jori En work in EDH, but I'm drawing a blank. If only it said: "Whenever you cast a spell beyond the first spell each turn, draw a card."
Then it would be broken as shit at her mana cost :p

I tinkered with her as a commander for a while because I got a foil prerelease one, but she's just too low impact to matter.

Yeef

One of our regulars built a Jori En EDH deck. He uses lots of Suspend and Rebound spells.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got bodied by Mardu in the quarters. No biggie, was fun.

Mardu with Goblin Dark Dwellers is pretty much sick nasty

bigkrev

Finally got Eldrazi in the PT Gauntlet!
.... It's Frank's terrible version where he forgot to play Dismember :(

Deck just steamrolls. Beat Jund and Blue Moon so far where my only problem has been having hands stuffed with extra copies of Legendary Lands.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";195273716]I feel like this card has to have some kind of utility in Modern Eldrazi:

0010_mtgroe_en_lr2fxtx.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to force Not of this World, personally.

Joe Molotov

BBD's Secret Deck Tech for Burn:
"Lightning Bolt is pretty bad, it just deals 3 to my opponent and doesn't really do anything else."

It was more Zoo than Burn, but he was calling it Burn.

Duel Deck: Blessed vs Cursed decklist is up:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/duel-decks-blessed-vs-cursed-2016-02-15

Champion of the Parish and Gravecrawler are good reprints.

eh only interested in Geist and only need 2 for my playtest. Would prefer originals even so really nothing changes.

wow the set symbol looks garbage like straight outta MSE. Wasteland at rare though.

Duel Deck: Blessed vs Cursed decklist is up:
[/URL]

Other spoilers are just more examples of Delirium, basically. Looks like it's probably in all colors on a lot of cards.

Eternal Masters is real, out in June

Well shit!

It certainly seems like they consider the pricy-booster-set a legitimate mechanism for introducing supply of older cards. I would be shocked if this didn't include some of the things people have been hoping for in Modern -- it says "throughout the history of Magic" rather than before some date, so Liliana (for example) would be a pretty easy inclusion.

Lol at mythic Force of Will. We can assume from the Judge Promo that Mana Leak isn't joining it, I guess.

Looking at this announcement just makes the Reserved List even more painful though. They've finally come up with what seems like a sustainable a way to print more copies of older cards without instantly tanking the market, and yet there's this big swathe of vitally important cards that can't be included. I think if the RL was gone and they massaged a few things with the really big cards they could probably make at least Legacy long-term viable in paper.

wow the set symbol looks garbage like straight outta MSE.

Yeah I saw the cards on Twitter and assumed they were a mockup of what the set could look like at first until I saw that was inexplicably a real set symbol, lol.

Santiako

I really want to see how they are doing the dual lands, if they put two big mana symbols in there or just leave the text box blank.

ironmang

Well, looks like I'm stuck with my Wastelands and Forces until at least this set drops lol. Probably going to panic sell my Karakas since if it's included it'll take the biggest hit. Show and Tell is the only other expensive legacy card I own that's a prime target. Maybe my duals will go up to offset the loss.

OnPoint

So my Forces and Wastelands will be worth what now?

Any other cards confirmed included?

What does this do to the rest of the card pool?

bigkrev

Looking at this announcement just makes the Reserved List even more painful though. They've finally come up with what seems like a sustainable a way to print more copies of older cards without instantly tanking the market, and yet there's this big swathe of vitally important cards that can't be included. I think if the RL was gone and they massaged a few things with the really big cards they could probably make at least Legacy long-term viable in paper.

I mean, MM1 and 2 tanked the value of all non-mythics. Anything printed at Rare will, at least in the short term, get wrecked.

If you own wastelands, I'd sell right now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So my Forces and Wastelands will be worth what now?

Any other cards confirmed included?

What does this do to the rest of the card pool?

About the same. It's another super-limited set. Force in this set is a $50 card, I imagine your original Forces probably move a little, not much.

I don't know if its coincidence or not but I get the feeling we're done seeing sets like Conspiracy that can't go on MTGO.

OnPoint

About the same. It's another super-limited set. Force in this set is a $50 card, I imagine your original Forces probably move a little, not much.

I don't know if its coincidence or not but I get the feeling we're done seeing sets like Conspiracy that can't go on MTGO.

You think Wastelands will tank? Probably offload them tonight, huh?

I would be sad if Conspiracy-style sets are done. That was such a fun set to draft.

Angry Grimace

I thought this was a super old reprint until I saw it had Delirium. That's some strange art for Modern Magic.

WdcMPi29qa.png

bigkrev

The other problem with consipiracy was that it really bulked up the Legacy/Vintage banned list by adding 13 cards that needed to be banned.

I also think it's super telling they haven't confirmed this set for MTGO yet.

red13th

They also kept the old school Oracle en-Vec flavour text. I'm more excited about this set than I should. Already two BEAUTIFUL and well wanted additions to my cube (potentially three with Rishadan Port). They pretty much have to reprint Hymn to Tourach too... idk I guess there's also demand for Cabal Therapy.

ultron87

Interesting, this releases the weekend of the Legacy GP in Columbus. I'll be tempted to go and piss away money on drafts of this thing, since one would assume they'd have all the supply ever.

Santiako

I love that the Wasteland is a decaying City of Brass.

The other problem with consipiracy was that it really bulked up the Legacy/Vintage banned list by adding 13 cards that needed to be banned.

I also think it's super telling they haven't confirmed this set for MTGO yet.

?

Number of Cards 249
Release Date June 10, 2016
Magic Online Release Date June 17, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom