• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently updating my zur EDH deck but idk how many pacifism and o-rings I should pack.
Bought Necro, the no loss thing for 3, stasis and the aura swap thing so far.

Played the deck yesterday and was doing a decent job at keeping the top dog in check.

I have some of this. What are ya sellin?

What do you have?

I got these yo.

Sweet!

I have a lot of Modern/Legacy/EDH/Cube cards that may interest people.

Biggest ticket item I have for trade since my Karakas is pending would probably be Liliana of the Veil.

I have a play set of Ensnaring Bridge from Stronghold off the top of my head that I'm not using. I think I've decided not to build Lantern Control.

I have 3x Archangel of Thune.

I can link to my deck box but unfortunately it's not updated with all of my cards. I've been lazy.

Haines

Banned
.....and now im going to an oath bfz 2 headed dragon event next saturday. Everytime i think im out im right back in. Friggen wizards.

Never did that format before, but it seems if there is a set to do it, this is the one, couldnt say no to my best friend who wanted to. He hasnt done it either, but it cant be that hard.

I know surge will be good. And i hear counterspells are huge. I assume you just go for big power level because boards will get clogged,

And that girl knew what she was doing. Thats def not on the camera man, even her twitter profile pic low cut on a quick google

Santiako

Nice camerawork, SCGLive

Should be playing 8rack x)

.....and now im going to an oath bfz 2 headed dragon event next saturday. Everytime i think im out im right back in. Friggen wizards.

Never did that format before, but it seems if there is a set to do it, this is the one, couldnt say no to my best friend who wanted to. He hasnt done it either, but it cant be that hard.

I know surge will be good. And i hear counterspells are huge. I assume you just go for big power level because boards will get clogged,

In 2HG, flying is extremely good, so make sure to use even the shittiest flyer you get.

Toxi

Banned
Holy shit, I was looking over the commander rules changes in more detail and they removed Rule 4 (Decks cannot produce colors of mana outside their commander's colors). That's awesome! Sen's Triplets is now a lot more fun.

Is this a "her outfit shows her chest when seen from the top, she had it coming" argument?

what cameraman? Aren't they fixed.

Holy shit, I was looking over the commander rules changes in more detail and they removed Rule 4 (Decks cannot produce colors of mana outside their commander's colors). That's awesome! Sen's Triplets is now a lot more fun.

yeah otherwise birdies and lands that can produce any colours could have produced colourless.

Toxi

Banned
yeah otherwise birdies and lands that can produce any colours could have produced colourless.
It's a really good change in general.

• Stops that weird loophole caused by the rules from popping up
  • Stops Celestial Dawn from ruining games
  • Allows a lot of fun cards (Praetor's Grasp, Havengul Lich) to work as they do in normal Magic
  • Allows certain commanders (Sen's Triplets, Lazav Dimir Mastermind, Experiment Kraj, Sakashima the Imposter) to be a lot more interesting
  • Still prevents players from using off-color cards in their own decks, so the format restrictions aren't seriously affected.

Now the only change I would add is changing Rule 2 so it now reads "Players choose a legendary creature or a card that can flip or transform into a legendary creature as the "Commander" for their deck." so we can see the Kamigawa flip cards and Elbrus the Binding Blade as legal commanders.

Toxi

Banned
The player probably just forgot the camera is oriented like that. I doubt the possibility of the camera being angled at your cleavage is a consideration one makes when dressing for a freaking Magic the Gathering tournament.

Simultaneously I would guess the player maybe didn't think of how her shirt might look on coverage, and that there's not much for the coverage people to do about it -- I'm not sure actively messing with the cameras to try to avoid cleavage is a good use of anyone's time here.

Pretty cool, I e-mailed MTGGoldfish and asked about some sort of indicator for RL cards on the site. Otherwise, I keep having to switch to different sites etc. They just added it :)

I'm sure they were doing it, anyway, with all the RL talk, but still.

Oh, I also need:

3x Grove of the Burnwillows

My god that card needs a reprint or something.

It's a dual land with a downside (technically).

OnPoint

Simultaneously I would guess the player maybe didn't think of how her shirt might look on coverage, and that there's not much for the coverage people to do about it -- I'm not sure actively messing with the cameras to try to avoid cleavage is a good use of anyone's time here.
I refuse to believe anyone is actually upset about this.

Also, lol at 'coverage' in this context.

Toxi

Banned
Yep.

Just to check something before I go buy these cards:

If I cast Collected Company, finding a Eternal Witness and a Flickerwisp, can I stack the Triggers so that Eternal Witness returns CoCo, and the Flickerwisp targets Witness so I can return another card at the end of my turn?

Santiako

Just to check something before I go buy these cards:

If I cast Collected Company, finding a Eternal Witness and a Flickerwisp, can I stack the Triggers so that Eternal Witness returns CoCo, and the Flickerwisp targets Witness so I can return another card at the end of my turn?
Yes.

I refuse to believe anyone is actually upset about this.

"Upset" is a strong word. It's a super bad look and the SCG people should be kind of embarrassed about it but it's also an understandable accident. Thing to do is think about it in advance for their next event coverage.

It'd be sweet if a new MM or EM had the Tron lands at common. I know they're not expensive, but I'd be curious how limited plays is affected by them, if at all.

PS: Null Rod sure jumped recently.

Toxi

Banned
"Upset" is a strong word. It's a super bad look and the SCG people should be kind of embarrassed about it but it's also an understandable accident. Thing to do is think about it in advance for their next event coverage.
They can't really do much about it beyond zooming in slightly, at which point a lot of focus is taken off the player's hands.

Just one of those thing's that's gonna happen and be silly when it happens.

OnPoint

Reason #52 why there should be a tournament dress code?

I honestly don't give a shit if she's showing cleavage. I don't see why that would be embarrassing for any parties if it's something someone is allowed to wear off camera.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nah, it's not plane agnostic like the rest of them. There is no Grove of the Burnwillows on Zendikar.

I mean, Horizon Canopy is specific to Pyrulea too, but that didn't stop them.

As for that SCG thing, well, there's nothing to be done about it. Just try to keep your eyes in your sockets, boys.

Toxi

Banned
Nah, it's not plane agnostic like the rest of them. There is no Grove of the Burnwillows on Zendikar.
I mean, it's not that crazy when Blood Crypt isn't a crypt, Temple Garden isn't a garden, Hallowed Fountain isn't a fountain, Sacred Foundry isn't a foundry, and Verdant Catacombs isn't in the catacombs.

Qsidmca982enc.png

Ujanscu2ha989.png

Sdfcn2sc8csa9.png

a8cn23f8qha.png

qzkxcjfio28xcs.png

Santiako

I mean, Horizon Canopy is specific to Pyrulea too, but that didn't stop them.
Well, the name is generic though. As far as we know, there are no Burnwillows in Zendikar.

I mean, it's not that crazy when Blood Crypt isn't a crypt, Temple Garden isn't a garden, Hallowed Fountain isn't a fountain, Sacred Foundry isn't a foundry, and Verdant Catacombs isn't in the catacombs.

That's just the expedition art being terrible :p

Daedardus

Well, women have breasts and their clothing usually has more open necklines. Pretty sure that if you'd look at your girlfriend straight from above you'd see the same thing. The most mature thing to do would be just not care for it and try not to notice it, but in this community of nerds the mere presence of a girl is a shocking fact for many already.

Ashodin

Well, women have breasts and their clothing usually has more open necklines. Pretty sure that if you'd look at your girlfriend straight from above you'd see the same thing. The most mature thing to do would be just not care for it and try not to notice it, but in this community of nerds the mere presence of a girl is a shocking fact for many already.

??????

I look down at my wife from above and all I see is t-shirt.

Santiako

Oh shit, we knew that Worship was great against Eldrazi, but Worship in Eldrazi against Eldrazi is just twisted evil.

EDIT:Also, I'm guessing that Eldrazi Displacers are going to inflate in price now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How do Magic players function as human beings when seeing a little bit of cleavage sends them into a dither

I like CK2, especially with the addon that lets you romance women in other courts. Makes it so easy to assassinate people.

But fuck scots, fuck 'em. I prefer starting as a small scale vassal and working my way up and managed to make my heir king of scots with my first character and was so close to getting all of england when the scots revolted.

Dumb conspiracy time: does anyone else think that Nissa VoZ and Nissa Sage Animist were swapped at some point during development? Sage Animist almost seems like it fits better into BFZ block then Voice does, considering it has Ashaya, is able to trigger Landfall, etc to the point where I'm left wondering why it was in Origins and not Oath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom