• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Oath o/t Gatewatch |OT| Look again, the mana is now diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

Common/Uncommon playset for $30? Yeah, ok, that sounds pretty good. (You can get Corrupted Crossroads and W/R manlands for under $8 a set right now too.) I grabbed a set of the Thought-Knots at 14 because I don't think that card goes down (tho I was wrong on Dark-Dwellers, overpaid by a few bucks because people are dramatically undervaluing what's likely the best card in the set.)

I grabbed Knots at about the same price. I grabbed Reality Breaker at around the same too, just in case.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe I'm crazy but having played the Processor deck, it seems to me like it would just be better to abuse how broken Eldrazi Temple and Eye of Ugin are by just dumping Eldrazi Mimics, Thought-Knot Seers and Reality Smashers plus a bunch of cheap hand disruption and Paths.

kirblar

I grabbed Knots at about the same price. I grabbed Reality Breaker at around the same too, just in case.
Yeah, I definitely missed the boat on that one. Brain was kinda slow processing how dumb that P/T/ability is.

Grabbing Kozilekx4 at 50 definitely was the right move though.

OnPoint

Yeah, I definitely missed the boat on that one. Brain was kinda slow processing how dumb that P/T/ability is.

Grabbing Kozilekx4 at 50 definitely was the right move though.

Oh nice, I didn't even realize they rose some. Wonder what the ceiling is short term vs long term.

kirblar

Oh nice, I didn't even realize they rose some. Wonder what the ceiling is short term vs long term.
Yeah, them and the thought-knots are basically gone at the 12-16 level. (with good reason, I think.)

OK, yeah, I'm really glad I got that C/U set x4 for $30 now.

CYEDUJoWsAEOy-o.png

bigkrev

Yeah, I locked in $40 at my LGS for a C/U playset. The only stuff I'm really thinking hard about ordering otherwise is Oath of Nissa, because if that card ends up being Ponder, it's going to hit $20, while I think most stuff in the set will drop because EVERYTHING is so good

DrArchon

That charm is so unassuming awesome. It's never a dead draw 'cause you can at least get a dude out of it, it's not held back by only caring about either power or toughness, and who doesn't love counterspells?

kirblar

Yeah, I locked in $40 at my LGS for a C/U playset. The only stuff I'm really thinking hard about ordering otherwise is Oath of Nissa, because if that card ends up being Ponder, it's going to hit $20, while I think most stuff in the set will drop because EVERYTHING is so good
This is why I'm only been aggressive on colorless cards and Dark-Dwellers. Everything else I'm willing to let wait drop.

Warping Wail almost sure to see Modern play. Its first two modes answer quite a few things. Affinity, Tron, and Eldrazi decks will have no problem handling the cost. I imagine the 3rd mode will rarely be used, but it's still an added option

bigkrev

Drafting Mirrodin right now. I'm pretty rusty, but Virdian Longbow isn't supposed to table, and Icy shouldn't be in a pack 4th pick, right?

Insaniac

Rule question, maybe someone here can answer:

If I have Vedalken Shackles in play, does it count non-basic lands with the "island" subtype IE Watery Grave, or when it says "Islands" in the text, does that literally mean cards named "island"?

Image.ashx
Watery%20Grave.full.jpg

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

If I have Vedalken Shackles in play, does it count non-basic lands with the "island" subtype IE Watery Grave, or when it says "Islands" in the text, does that literally mean cards named "island"?

Image.ashx
WateryGrave.jpg

Yes, this.

Image.ashx

Any card with the subtype of Island counts (Watery Grave, Volcanic Island, Prairie Stream, etc).

Lucario

Molder Slug should not be in a pack 7th pick, right?

right?

EDIT: Blinding Beam should not be a 13th pick, right?

Yeesh. I knew people forgot how to draft older formats, but I think you got the dream table. Next you'll be telling me a Crystal Shard tabled.

bigkrev

Yeesh. I knew people forgot how to draft older formats, but I think you got the dream table. Next you'll be telling me a Crystal Shard tabled.

Oh, I don't remember how to draft this format either, but I know for a fact that those cards shouldn't be tableing. I ended up Green, with my second color either being White (for Blinding Beam), Red (for Bolt), or Black (for Irradate, activating Nim Replica, Disciple of the Vault). I'm going with both Red and White (I have a red myr to help), but really have little idea what i'm doing.

Oh, and Sword of Kaldra went like 5th pick. That seemed wrong!

y2dvd

Oh, I did make a recommendation on Phyrexian Crusader last week or so. As of today:

RStJS09.png

No telling if it's permanent, but if you can find em cheap, pick em up.

Is there a deck list? I may still have a set back from my GB infect days haha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
An L3 just got a JF Mana Drain w/ a Holiday card.

I'm assuming that writing says "Congratulations you're banned!"

If this guy was trying to arouse suspicion that this is fake he did a good job by taking a tiny photo from really far away.

OnPoint

Is there a deck list? I may still have a set back from my GB infect days haha.

Yup.

Code:
Creatures (17)

4 Glistener Elf
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Phyrexian Crusader
4 Plague Stinger
1 Dryad Arbor

Lands (21)

1 Forest
2 Swamp
4 Inkmoth Nexus
4 Misty Rainforest
2 Overgrown Tomb
2 Twilight Mire
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Pendelhaven

Spells (22)

3 Rancor
4 Abrupt Decay
2 Become Immense
1 Dismember
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Inquisition of Kozilek

Sideboard

2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Spellskite
2 Viridian Corrupter
1 Illness in the Ranks
2 Vampiric Link
1 Carrion Call
1 Doom Blade
4 Nature's Claim

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Gahhhhh! I sorta hate pre-order season. I'm pretty bad at picking stuff up when I need to. Missed my chance at 4xReality Smashers for <$20. Not sure if I should just contain myself and buy things after I get my boxes, or if I should give in to my instincts and buy buy buy.

Daedardus

That reminds me of how much I dislike the Infect mechanic. It's essentially just a second life total, but only half as big as your normal one and very difficult to interact with. It just feels very cheap.

bigkrev

Bah, cruised to the finals of the draft, then didn't get to play Magic in the finals

Game 1: Mull to 5 cards, cast 1 spell before conceding to lethal on turn 8
Game 2: Mull to 5 cards- Land, 2x Myr, Fangren Hunter, Electrostatic Bolt. Concede on turn 7 after failing to find the 2nd land.

MODO is fun!

Firemind

Here's the new text, BTW.

Counter target spell. At the beginning of your next main phase, add an amount of C to your mana pool equal to that spell's converted mana cost.

"Power is wasted on the weak. They never keep it for long."
--Nicol Bolas
that's pretty sweet. shame the art sucks balls.

noquarter

that's pretty sweet. shame the art sucks balls.
Hopefully enough people let go of the non foils upgrading cubes and what not that I can replace my damaged ones and get the last one I need for a playset for a good price.

Or maybe I'll try to get a foil for my cube...

Angry Grimace

I saw 0 decent equipment the entire draft so there's that

Angry Grimace

You like formats where other people don't know how to play and let you win

I am shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom